フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » The Black Sacrament -- A Guide to Black Mage
The Black Sacrament -- A Guide to Black Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 48 49 50
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2017-11-28 11:14:03  
That would be quite awesome if that were the case. Would make our bursting lives MUCH easier
By geigei 2017-11-28 11:18:46  
The sad part is that usually nm's are weak to only one element, most of them.
 Asura.Neufko
サーバ: Asura
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2017-11-30 04:42:26  
different elements will still trigger the damage reduction.

Something most people are actualy missing is the last nuke of a scholar making a skillchain count in the equation.

Most blm I see start casting before the scholar 2nd nuke,
and don't understand why their damage is inconstistant. They go T6 > T5 and most of the time, the T5 will do more damage.

Start casting after the scholar second nuke has landed and you'll see 99k nukes again.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-11-30 11:15:00  
Asura.Neufko said: »

Something most people are actualy missing is the last nuke of a scholar making a skillchain count in the equation.

and don't understand why their damage is inconstistant. They go T6 > T5 and most of the time, the T5 will do more damage.

Start casting after the scholar second nuke has landed and you'll see 99k nukes again.

BRM ALWAYS RACING! Gotta be first!!!! I see 2nd immanence IM LETTING IT RIP
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-12-01 18:46:40  
who even uses blm nowadays? more worthless than a mnk!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Fabiano
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: fabiano
By Ragnarok.Fabiano 2017-12-03 03:28:39  
does anyone have a updated occult acumen set . anything new besides augmented merl set and ampulla ?
By Afania 2017-12-03 04:00:43  
Asura.Azagarth said: »
who even uses blm nowadays?

Dynamis D!
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-12-03 07:48:48  

That may be ideal if only 1 person is MB'ing, but if you have 2+ people trying to land 4+ MBs within a 5-6 second window, with enough gap between them to let the resist wall come back down, you're gonna run out of runway pretty fast.

SCH can extend the MB window by closing the SC w/ Helix, but even then, it'd be more ideal to have mages MB 3x each with proper spacing.

Ragnarok.Fabiano said: »
does anyone have a updated occult acumen set . anything new besides augmented merl set and ampulla ?

http://www.ffxiah.com/search/item?&jobs[]=16&description=Occult#adv
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-12-03 08:19:33  
ItemSet 349309
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-12-03 10:09:42  

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/44864/all-for-one-and-more-for-me-a-guide-to-red-mage/17/#3007782

The penalty is tied to damage dealt, so unless your SCH is wrecking ***with T1 nukes they likely aren't actually giving you a penalty.

Having everyone clustered into 2 clear bursts will get you the best result. (cast immediately when chain closes, and start second cast together.. one person getting impatient after a quick magic proc will drastically decrease net damage because it prevents the 3-4 sec gap resetting penalty)
 Ragnarok.Fabiano
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: fabiano
By Ragnarok.Fabiano 2017-12-03 10:48:42  
Asura.Toralin said: »

ok thx , thats about the same i got atm , except the pants . but gonna use the AF body.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
サーバ: Bismarck
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2017-12-03 11:15:56  
A great alternative to Welkin Crown, and likely more easily accessible, is mallquis chapeau +2.

Other options are helios jacket, helios gloves and helios boots with Occult +10 augments, chirich ring, combatant's torque.

I assume you'd be locking main/sub as to not lose TP, so Khatvanga/Bloodrain are pointless (unless you're locking those?).
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-12-03 11:19:02  
Bismarck.Speedyjim said: »
I assume you'd be locking main/sub as to not lose TP, so Khatvanga/Bloodrain are pointless (unless you're locking those?).

Typically people make a set just to build TP quickly, so they lock all of this for a particular nuke or two and then WS to get all their MP back. So, yeah, even the weapon and grip can be part of a set.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
サーバ: Bismarck
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2017-12-03 11:37:51  
Gotcha, thanks Cherry. I didn't think of that.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-12-03 13:06:13  
I set my idle set according to whats going on,

so like death idle i have a griov/enki
nuking/mb lathi/enk
occult khav/bloodstrain

i dont swap my staff otherwise on BLM
[+]
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2017-12-09 14:58:39  
Asura.Azagarth said: »
who even uses blm nowadays? more worthless than a mnk!

So I know you were mostly just poking, but since the question has been asked, With the changes to Frazzle for RDM, and the addition of the Marine Stewpot, it is again quite possible to BLM burn all of the Aeonics again, though nobody is doing it.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2017-12-09 15:02:36  
Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
Bismarck.Speedyjim said: »

Typically people make a set just to build TP quickly, so they lock all of this for a particular nuke or two and then WS to get all their MP back. So, yeah, even the weapon and grip can be part of a set.

I apologize for my absence as of late; Another thing you can do with this is:
Code
function job_setup()
	send_command('bind f9 gs disable main sub;input /echo Weapons Locked;')
	send_command('bind ^f9 gs enable main sub;input /echo Weapons Unlocked;')
end

function user_unload()
        send_command('unbind ^f9')
        send_command('unbind f9')
end

It is a bit brute force, but it will work, and it will with very few exceptions overwrite anything your lua says to do.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2017-12-09 15:03:59  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/44864/all-for-one-and-more-for-me-a-guide-to-red-mage/17/#3007782

The penalty is tied to damage dealt, so unless your SCH is wrecking ***with T1 nukes they likely aren't actually giving you a penalty.

Having everyone clustered into 2 clear bursts will get you the best result. (cast immediately when chain closes, and start second cast together.. one person getting impatient after a quick magic proc will drastically decrease net damage because it prevents the 3-4 sec gap resetting penalty)

Yeah, I actually need to edit some of this in the node, as there was some misinformation floating around at the time, cheers everyone.
 Bahamut.Ballzack
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Lorax
By Bahamut.Ballzack 2017-12-09 20:01:58  
Quote:
So I know you were mostly just poking, but since the question has been asked, With the changes to Frazzle for RDM, and the addition of the Marine Stewpot, it is again quite possible to BLM burn all of the Aeonics again, though nobody is doing it.
On baha in my ls we never stopped BLM burning aeonics we just changed up the way we approached them and kept the train rolling....granted we got bored and wanted to try other stuff but yeah
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2017-12-09 20:11:56  
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/50406/february-2017-version-update/13#3234508

Note the date of the posts.

#nerfSMN
By geigei 2017-12-11 03:00:18  
Looks like hands +3 trash nq ea, nq amalric.
The +20 burst means we can use more mab/macc merlinics, if we can get some extra 20mab from those hq amalric/ea are also beaten.

Can anyone else do the math too and confirm?
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-12-11 07:22:56  
and your losing 6% from the uncapped burst II, dunno
 Asura.Warusha
user: Serithus
By Asura.Warusha 2017-12-11 07:53:21  
I'd use the new gloves for enmity set and resistant T3+ spells. I don't actually have an enmity set made right now and don't see a great need to create one soon and I'm using AF+3 for resistant T1,2 and resistant MBs already. These are not worth a price tag until a set bonus gets tacked on, if ever.

Edit: Also Resistant Aspir/Drain.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-12-11 10:05:12  
There is a very high chance a set bonus gets tacked on, cause so far they're only 1/44 pieces that are appealing at all...

...and absolutely not appealing spending that much time in dynamis to get them.

The question becomes, what would the set bonus have to be to get you to bother making relic+3... it'd have to be pretty god damn amazing.
 Asura.Warusha
user: Serithus
By Asura.Warusha 2017-12-11 10:19:14  
I doubt they'd be set specific, so likely MAB/ATT/RATK 15. It would slightly edge out amalric +1 hands, for instance... barely. Your 1/44 value is not accurate, but I'm with you on the sentiment.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2017-12-11 10:19:17  
There is lot more than 1 piece that is appealing.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-12-11 10:36:26  
Asura.Geriond said: »
There is lot more than 1 piece that is appealing.

They may be appealing to you, but not worth doing dynamis for. And Certainly not worth what people are paying for the tags/medals.

Sell that ***and use the money for something /actually/ worth the effort.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2017-12-11 10:51:40  
You seem to be misusing the word "appealing", because it certainly does not mean cost-effective.

Regardless, there are still other pieces that for hardcore players of that job, are worth doing dynamis for, or possibly even spending gil on, like RDM feet.
By geigei 2017-12-11 10:51:51  
Bursted Thundaja using my stats i'm getting:

Amalric gages +1 35168
Relic +3 34820

Now here's the funny part, adding 10 extra mab on merlinic where less burst is needed now with the +20 on gloves, 35640.

Used formula with capped int, 25mdb on mob(lol yea, higher mdb favor even more extra mab) and leave out mdt.

Edit: Mb gear must be the most overated thing on blm dmg.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2017-12-11 10:53:09  
Higher MDB doesn't favor extra MAB, as it's just a linear inverse relationship.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 48 49 50