users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Sulevia's Armor Set +1
Sulevia's Armor Set +1
 Bahamut.Tibal
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Tibal
By Bahamut.Tibal 2016-11-01 16:43:32  
Ok, am I the only one that likes this set? I also hear things like this is the "goodwill set" and it's not really accepted with end game parties.. what am I missing here.. The set has tons of damage reduction (PDT/MDT) making it very easy to max with even just the defending ring..Also the accuracy and attack + is pretty much unmatched with even some of the top pieces in the game..I have noticed that it is lower in magic defense bonus, but it does have some of that as well. I see all these paladins much further along in the game than me wearing things that I would consider awful in comparison.. So again what am I missing here with this set that makes it (for loss of words) fail?
By Calinari 2016-11-01 16:48:22  
Most of the people you see are scrubs. The majority are just plain bad players. Never take what some rando does/wears as anything other than "lol".

The set certainly has *uses*.

There's only 2-3% of the community you should ever listen to, and 2% of that 3% are just parroting the 1%.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Konvict
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2016-11-01 16:53:29  
The head is a really good piece, but you want Souv HQ gear ideally.
By Pantafernando 2016-11-01 17:11:01  
If some piece is too easy to get, people tend to have prejudice against it.

Obviously ambuscade sets are the best starting point to endgame (except suport role jobs that requires specific gear) but its uses are just that, a start. Purposelly those sets were given some weakness that, while it wont prevent you to play most content, certainly will reduce your performance.

Sulevia in particular, is a full mixed stats sets, part defensive with pdt/dt part offensive with att/acc and some stp/ta pieces. As such, it wont excel in any front. For DD, the set lacks haste and for tank, the set lacks enmity and mdb as you noticed.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2016-11-01 17:12:43  
Bahamut.Tibal said: »
So again what am I missing here
Haste.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Konvict
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2016-11-01 17:14:38  
I can't attest to other PLDs. But my pld gearswap has like 6 different sets.
 Bahamut.Tibal
By Bahamut.Tibal 2016-11-01 19:55:45  
Every piece has haste?? granted it maybe 1 to 2% lower than some top end stuff...but usually those items that have more haste will have no accuracy, or no double attack, or more importantly no damage reduction.. To me generally for TP as a paladin you have to have a good balance of haste, accuracy, and multi attack all while taking as little damage as possible.
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-11-01 19:59:18  
Sulevia's entire set has a grand total of 10% haste. Gear haste caps at ~25%.

The set is not bad, it's just not universal. Multiple pieces have some very nice applications, but it is not a full-time set.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2016-11-01 20:09:50  
Sylph.Oraen said: »
Sulevia's entire set has a grand total of 10% haste. Gear haste caps at ~25%.

The set is not bad, it's just not universal. Multiple pieces have some very nice applications, but it is not a full-time set.

Agree but it is still awesome for DT set whenever its needed :D

CAP DT-50% + Aegis + Burtgang = nice

However I hate fact it has No to Little Magic Def. Bonus on it :(
 Sylph.Dravidian
サーバ: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2016-11-01 20:38:13  
It has very niche uses just like almost all ambuscade pieces. I wouldn't full time it nor would I say all the pieces are useless. As someone previously mentioned it is has great uses for a new starting out paladin (this is ignoring the benefits of some of the pieces in WS sets for other jobs etc). However, when it comes to strictly tanking there is far superior pieces that exist. I do love the set though for a acc/dt set for when I'm feeling feisty and want to do dmg while tanking and just can't get those augs needed on Reisen gear. Obviously compensate haste lost with back/waist. Possibly just waist if you mix in pieces rather than the entire set.
[+]
 Shiva.Eightball
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-11-01 20:46:05  
also low HP as compared to souveran and for a lot of endgame situations on pld your acc is not important as you would likely not be hitting much anyways, enmity, HP and haste are far more important in those situations.
 Bahamut.Tibal
By Bahamut.Tibal 2016-11-02 08:41:28  
yeah, @Dravidian & Eightball those are very good points it is weak with magic def. bonus and if you can't hit the target boss all that accuracy and damage is wasted making Souvn HQ a much better option. I havn't had an issue hitting anything with this gear yet as I'm pushing over 1300 accuracy with food... granted I havn't fought any bosses over lvl 125 yet.
 Bismarck.Zubuis
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Zubuis
By Bismarck.Zubuis 2016-11-02 10:54:17  
For Paladin the set is pretty good. Good -DT, acc and att. I dont think haste is that big of deal if you can get a tempus fugit or something. You can always swap in enm gear for job abilities and magic. The biggest detriment to the set in my optinion is the low hp for pld.

For DD you will want to use a iosheka belt so have to do a bit of mix/match for tp set if you want to use the set.

Its a pretty solid set imo.
 Shiva.Siviard
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-11-02 11:27:05  
yeah, @Dravidian & Eightball those are very good points it is weak with magic def. bonus and if you can't hit the target boss all that accuracy and damage is wasted making Souvn HQ a much better option. I havn't had an issue hitting anything with this gear yet as I'm pushing over 1300 accuracy with food... granted I havn't fought any bosses over lvl 125 yet.

The problem though, is that a newer player will most likely not even come close to being able to afford even a single HQ Souveran piece, let alone be able to get into a LS that does Escha Ru'Aun NMs on a regular basis to get the abjuration.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-11-02 17:16:33  
Shiva.Siviard said: »

The problem though, is that a newer player will most likely not even come close to being able to afford even a single HQ Souveran piece, let alone be able to get into a LS that does Escha Ru'Aun NMs on a regular basis to get the abjuration.

even NQ souveran is better on higher level content which is what I used for a long time till I could afford HQ, and 2 important pieces hand and feet are seriously easy to get, I soloed them after returning from the 1 month off between zitah release and sky release with no gears from zitah, the others would require at least 1-2 other decent players to attain.
[+]