Windower Crashing After Using Official Client

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Tech Support » Windower Crashing After Using Official Client
Windower Crashing After Using Official Client
By RolandJ 2016-11-08 19:13:19  
Hey there,

I have googled this but I haven't found anything similar to my issue.

My windower has been running fine on this PC on Windows 10 since I got the laptop. Tonight I got to the Gustav Tunnel Shantoto Ascension cutscene that freezes on windower on one of my characters and so I swapped to the official client to get past it. This is where one unusual issue popped up that I was able to get around. The official client kept booting me out when I tried launching FFXI, giving me "incompatible with Direct3D" nonsense. After some googling, finding similar but mostly unrelated issues, I saw someone mention changing the resolution. I looked in ffxi config and saw there was no menu resolution set - the field was blank. So I changed all 3 resolutions to 1024 and tried again and then the official ffxi client successfully started and I got past that mission.

Now I am in quite some trouble, though, as now Windower has begun to refuse to launch FFXI without crashing as soon as the actual game window appears (After pressing "Play").

I've tried editing my windower profiles in order to get them to overwrite the change I made to FFXI's registry settings when editing the resolutions in ffxi's config tool. The settings change and stay changed but that hasn't helped me get past this new crash.

What gives?
 Asura.Crevox
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2016-11-08 20:09:47  
I've had this issue and fixed by just rebooting my computer.

It's something you can try at the very least.
By RolandJ 2016-11-08 20:16:16  
I've also tried that but it didn't fix it for me. I'm currently uninstalling FFXI and then I'll do a reinstall of course.
By RolandJ 2016-11-08 21:44:45  
Well, reinstalling FFXI made windower able to launch it again. What started as a small step towards clearing a quest turned out to be the copy, deletion, reinstallation, and then recopying-over of around 227,372 files, muttering in 5 different languages - 4 of which I did not know I had any knowledge of - 3.5 hours of my time (plus whatever it takes to get re-situated to this instalation), and more than a few google searches.

Boy, it feels like that quest threw the book at me, lol. But woohoo!