フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » whm food
whm food
 Carbuncle.Xeon
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Xeon
By Carbuncle.Xeon 2009-09-18 11:39:07  
Aramina said:
Ashira on Odin used to have a Devotion set for 1600+ HP, so Devotion of 400+ (as Mithra).

I think at my best, I was pushing about 1400 for my setup for it. My goal was to be able to fully MP up any of our Paladins in one shot (except the damn Tarutaru 500-600 MP ones).

I didn't use HP food for it, and when I had Devotion coming up on recast, I'd cast Regen 2 on myself and swap to HP gear (19/tick will fill you up fast, 12 spell + 5 merits + trait + garden bangles).

I think a major factor of me favoring HP food is the fact that I'm Tarutaru, but I don't want to get a food that is pure HP and doesn't help my other WHM stats.

The Boscaiola gives me MND+4 VIT+2 and hMP+1 in addition to the +120HP and +35MP, so it's a nice, well-rounded food for me.

I'm working on a maxHP set for my WHM. I like the idea of having an emergency Cure V at my disposal despite being silenced or low on MP.
 Odin.Aramina
サーバ: Odin
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-09-18 12:09:47  
Root Sabots, Garden Bangles, Ladybug Rings are all super cheap HP stuff, although the rings aren't good all the time.

BQR is not really hard to get if you have some friends or LS that will help. Things like Gigant Mantle would be nutty, though, unless you used it for like PLD or something else and had it anyway. Still, I think you can actually get well over 100HP just on rings fairly easily if you have BQR.

I have never tried the pasta, but I may give it a whirl someday...
 Carbuncle.Xeon
user: Xeon
By Carbuncle.Xeon 2009-09-18 12:19:33  
Aramina said:
Root Sabots, Garden Bangles, Ladybug Rings are all super cheap HP stuff, although the rings aren't good all the time.

BQR is not really hard to get if you have some friends or LS that will help. Things like Gigant Mantle would be nutty, though, unless you used it for like PLD or something else and had it anyway. Still, I think you can actually get well over 100HP just on rings fairly easily if you have BQR.

I have never tried the pasta, but I may give it a whirl someday...

I'm 62PLD and planning to level DRK someday as well. I'm already holding Bloodbead Ring (HP+50 MP-10). If I get BQ on top of that, I'd get HP+125 for MP-10 and Fire-75.

As for the Gigant Mantle, I'd get it essentially "free" from the ENM and I can use it for PLD and DRK as well.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-09-18 12:26:19  
Remember to stay on topic to whm food, don't start a derail with gear for other jobs.

Edited for clarity.
 Fairy.Tbest
サーバ: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-09-18 12:31:36  
Ooohhhh!!!! *Points!*
 Carbuncle.Kyri
user: Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-09-18 12:33:05  
i think xe was stating his pld bbq ring could be used to up hp build for the potency of devotion. all those are hp + items usable by pld and whm, as a response to ara. I brought this forum up because i make him boscaiola for hs alts whm and im wondering if it be profitible to try to sell some as well.
 Gilgamesh.Joltx
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Joltx
By Gilgamesh.Joltx 2009-09-18 12:39:38  
Mushroom Stew. Has almost everything WHM's need.
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-09-18 12:41:17  
The 'off-topic' posts were in reference to a post about the availability or trouble of gear to make certain food unneeded.

The point was that if you have (or plan to have) multiple jobs for that gear you're more likely to have that gear making certain food on WHM not as necessary.

It's barely off-topic, if at all. Cut this thread some slack.
 Carbuncle.Kyri
user: Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-09-18 12:46:39  
and dont scare my xeon off! D= i just got him to start posting on ffxiah vs alla! /panics!
[+]
 Kujata.Akeda
サーバ: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2009-09-18 14:52:46  
Mushroom Stew is very nice, but it's pretty expensive.

Stats:
Not Stackable
Food Effects: 3 hours
* MP +40
* Strength -1
* Mind +4
* MP Recovered While Healing +4
* Enmity -4

Roast/Witch(HQ) Kabobs are stackable and pretty good too.

I've started to use Maron Glace (because I can make it dirt cheap) when I'm SCH though. The extra MP + my Conserve MP gear works nicely with Sublimation.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [58 days between previous and next post]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Marzanna
サーバ: Leviathan
user: marzanna
By Leviathan.Marzanna 2009-11-17 20:10:06  
Pandemonium.Bartimaeus said:
Mushroom stew

This ^

Also, I have been for a while considering using Boscaiola with Medicine Ring.. I'm still undecided, as I hit 950ish already with V atm. As I've mentioned previously, my LS tends to low man alot and thus I am often left without a refresher, so I stopped using it in most instances in favour of higher sublim *shrug* 1020ish Cure V would be nice though.. >_>

Fairy.Tbest said:
Might as well add BQ Ring in there too and make sure you're in a pt with a fully merited Mantra Monk.

Is this sarcasm? ..lol. My devotion gear set inc BQ ring, along with a bunch of other HP+ cassie, gigant, RSE belt, Turban, AN neck piece name of which escapes me, Bloodbead Earring, Rune bangles (I think thats the name not logged in atm).. I think for the most part I'm missing on the ring from the NM, which refuses to drop for me.

I will either usually, switch it in when I'm resting and mp is getting towards full/know I'm going to have to get up soon anyways. If not a Regen is enough to sort it out, and if you're rediculously worried about the MP cost use parismony.

Fenrir.Ktjrn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Ktjrn
By Fenrir.Ktjrn 2009-12-13 13:58:29  
For dynamis or event related, I mainly use mushroom stew (and in rare cases I can get my friend to make), a squirrel's delight.

But for more simpler and afforable option, nothing beats a quick ginger cookie
[+]
By sztoid 2009-12-29 23:33:30  
Coffeecake Muffin +1

Food Effects: (60 minutes, All Races)
MP +10% (Cap: 90@900 base MP)
Strength -1
Mind +2

When u give 800hp with Cure V's I don't worry about how much Mind I have.
 Pandemonium.Silvaria
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Silvaria 2009-12-30 00:30:39  
Wizard Cookies here, also, along with other MP+ resting gear. Getting that magic back quickly = more spells. 8)
By sztoid 2009-12-30 00:51:57  
Pandemonium.Silvaria said:
Wizard Cookies here, also, along with other MP resting gear. Getting that magic back quickly = more spells. 8)

sub sholar, problem solved
 Pandemonium.Mikaiyla
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Kunyu
By Pandemonium.Mikaiyla 2009-12-30 02:45:37  
<3 Coffee Muffin +1 and I use /sch, Best thing if you have max MND Gear.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [174 days between previous and next post]
By msbutta 2010-06-21 16:08:47  
whm food i use is Mushroom Sautee
3hr
mp+60
mnd+6
mp while healing +6
cant believe no one uses this
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sephiros
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sephi
By Ragnarok.Sephiros 2010-06-21 16:14:13  
My choice for dynamis and long events was Goblin Mushpot
Mind +10
Charisma -5
Resist Poison
Resist Blind

Basically it's a +10 MND to every Cure & Stoneskin you cast.
 Quetzalcoatl.Opehlia
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Opehlia
By Quetzalcoatl.Opehlia 2010-06-21 16:20:03  
i stick w/ mushpots for serious events, and cookies for lol events^^b
[+]
 Lakshmi.Kolvar
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Kolvar
By Lakshmi.Kolvar 2010-06-24 16:34:09  
I use Mushroom stew in xp/merits pts. 3hr food with nice stats. In events and stuff I might die in, its Wizard Cookies.
 Caitsith.Surreal
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2010-06-24 16:37:29  
I really like using Mushroom sautee..

Food Effects: (Duration: 3 Hours, all Races)

* MP +60
* MND +6
* MP Recovered While Healing +6
 Sylph.Eggos
サーバ: Sylph
user: Eggos
By Sylph.Eggos 2010-06-24 16:50:40  
Whms eat food? Maybe Wizard Cookies when you need the extra hMP, but full timing food is for tanks/dds.
 Fenrir.Mrbst
サーバ: Fenrir
user: mrbst
By Fenrir.Mrbst 2010-06-24 17:11:51  
I think on whm when it comes to food and stats, the only on that matters is how fast you can get your mp back, yes mnd food will let you cure for more. MP food will give you more max mp but once its uesed its gone. When its comes to whm its all about hmp, wizard cookies all the way. It does not matter how much mp you have or if you can cure 10-15 more if you cant get your mp back fast its worthless. Wizard cookies on whm all the way, leveled whm as an elf to 75 and now beyond hmp most important stat.