言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
Betsy Devos
 Bismarck.Magnuss
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2017-02-07 17:59:58  
Can someone please explain to me... why?

Why in the ***?

Do you have answers? Some non-partisan *** answers? Why would anyone think that... thing... would be an effective Sec. of Education?

I just need to make sense of this. Can anyone defend her without using the terms "snowflake", "libtard", "religion" or "make America great again"? Why is she qualified? Please? I need answers.
[+]
Administrator
サーバ: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Cruz Missive 2017-02-07 18:47:57  
She's really good at writing checks. Maybe you'll get a budget increase.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2017-02-07 18:51:41  
I'm a public school teacher, and she wants to cut funding from public schools.

Somehow I doubt that.
By fonewear 2017-02-07 18:54:09  
Bismarck.Magnuss said: »

Why in the ***?

Do you have answers? Some non-partisan *** answers? Why would anyone think that... thing... would be an effective Sec. of Education?

I just need to make sense of this. Can anyone defend her without using the terms "snowflake", "libtard", "religion" or "make America
great again"? Why is she qualified? Please? I need answers.

By fonewear 2017-02-07 18:54:40  

Somehow I doubt that.

I'm trying to think of a worse fate... I"m drawing a blank !
[+]
By fonewear 2017-02-07 18:56:15  
More money (for schools)doesn't mean better education. If that were true half my high school would be attending Harvard not washing dishes in a diner !
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2017-02-07 19:02:36  
fonewear said: »
More money (for schools)doesn't mean better education. If that were true half my high school would be attending Harvard not washing dishes in a diner !
So the answer is less money? We need a diligent staff who understands education (and have been a part of it) who works collaboratively with educators to create a common curriculum unaffiliated with textbook sales employing tried and true methods to improve education from within. The whole system needs a revamp. I'm not saying throw money at it. I'm saying give a ***and try to do it right for a change.

Okay, let me put it another way. If you're trying to get more money, you don't hire a clown to improve your stocks and bonds. You get a goddamn professional who knows how to work with money. You want a better education system? Put an educator in charge who knows how to work with students and knowledge.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-02-08 10:31:08  
I have a simple idea for improving the quality of education.

Tie the salary of state legislators to the pay of schoolteachers.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-08 10:40:48  
You honestly think that people here are going to give you non-partisan answers?

/youmustbenewhere.jpg

If you don't like the results, then next time you have a chance to change administrations, put somebody who's not a complete waste of space as your frontrunner. This applies to both parties, and 2016 showed that both frontrunners are complete waste of space and it's basically who ran the better campaign.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-08 10:43:58  
We need a diligent staff who understands education (and have been a part of it) who works collaboratively with educators to create a common curriculum unaffiliated with textbook sales employing tried and true methods to improve education from within.
Therein lies the rub.

If you want efficient product, don't let the most inefficient body run it.

Governments are not for producing results, they are all about gaining power and money. If you want better results for education, remove the government out of the equation (or at least limit it to limit the damage done).

Why else do you think that private schools, who do not depend or depend heavily on public funding, produce better and more educated citizens than completely public funded schools do?
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-02-08 10:47:12  

Why in the ***?

I just need to make sense of this. Can anyone defend her without using the terms "snowflake", "libtard", "religion" or "make America great again"? Why is she qualified? Please? I need answers.

While I can not give you a why, I can tell you that if you look at previous people in the position and in the position prior to it becoming a cabinet position many did not have a educational background and we're still here.

However this little musical interlude holds a clue as to why:

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2017-02-08 10:50:08  
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-02-08 10:54:32  

Somehow I doubt that.

She's really good at writing checks to politicians and here is her thoughts on it:

Quote:
“My family is the largest single contributor of soft money to the national Republican Party. I have decided to stop taking offense at the suggestion that we are buying influence. Now I simply concede the point. They are right."

https://www.theatlantic.com/education/archive/2017/01/betsy-devoss-policy-evasion/513440/
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-02-08 10:56:03  
Maybe if you work at one of those charter seminaries you could fight the good fight from the inside.
By Ruaumoko 2017-02-12 16:56:07  
Trump's just *** with people, he wants to see how many Liberals he can get to meltdown before someone makes an attempt on his life.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2017-02-12 16:57:59  
I suppose if you want to associate incompetence with conservatism...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-12 17:52:16  
Ruaumoko said: »
Trump's just *** with people, he wants to see how many Liberals he can get to meltdown before someone makes an attempt on his life.
He didn't even needed to be elected for that to happen.

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I suppose if you want to associate incompetence with conservatism...
It wouldn't be a big change from the last president who was incompetent

/draws a red line in the sand.