Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Escha » WoC post february update
WoC post february update
First Page 2
By hamany9 2017-02-15 20:11:56  
which strategy is better, tp burn, or sc mb? im considering tp burn but vex attune nerf might get us *** with woc aoe ...
[+]
 Cerberus.Clackk
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: cocl
By Cerberus.Clackk 2017-02-15 20:55:11  
My group has tried to TP burn with WAR BLU BLU GEO GEO COR BRD PLD WHM. I think we got pretty unlucky with 2hrs although our pace was pretty decent. It did PDx2 and invincible once. With all the stuns WoC did we wiped at around 30% when it summoned wynavs and did Mijin Gakure.

I have yet to try MB strategy post update so I can't help you there.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-02-16 01:28:04  
Did WoC tonight, took us until 3rd try to win (first try didn't have bolster from Kirin and I was lazy to reset and it benedictioned, second try tank forgot charm buffer -.-). Our DD wasn't all that amazing, due in no small part to the stuns that hit a lot more frequently, but I ate miso ramen and had bolstered vex and that let me dodge it occasionally. So I'm pretty confident TP burn can do it just as well, but benediction will still apply and now some RNG with stuns will increase chance of a benediction getting off.
 Fenrir.Jumeya
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2017-02-16 13:36:57  
If you pre-sing double thunder carols (BRD 900 skill, song+4) along with a proper WHM(capped potency, relic legs+1, max JP in that category) barthundra with vex and attune, and addle2, the stuns are pretty much fully resisted. Honestly, at that point, attune is probably useless, and can use more buffs instead.

The pre-buff carols have made the biggest difference tanking/being in range of everything now. You can push upwards 500 resist for an element to avoid the status effects.

I recommend that petrification / stone resist be applied to the tanks as medusa javelin is spammy and horrendous.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-02-16 13:44:26  
Yeah, if you're having trouble with a single debuff then Carol 1s are the answer. SV'd Carol 1 +6 (G-horn and moonbow whistle) is 256 resist.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jumeya
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2017-02-16 13:59:36  
It becomes a bit more interesting on Albumen, where you want to put up light carols, fire carol and ice carol for that full spread of resists!
 Valefor.Omnys
サーバ: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-02-16 15:43:10  
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-02-16 16:39:01  
Hahahaha, came here looking for replies and

[+]
By hamany9 2017-02-17 21:23:12  
did woc a couple of times,tp burn, every time the fight goes smooth untill he uses mijin gakure and wipes the whole alliance, even though we had bolstered idris geo vex attune, we still got wiped.

So how do we deal with mijin gakure?
[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
サーバ: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-02-17 21:41:19  
Run One for All help?
Kill Pets soon as they pop?
Kill faster?

Have not done WoC since about a month ago, would like to know this as well.
By Lexouritis 2017-02-17 23:21:04  
Haven't done WoC post update, we're planning to next weekend, will update ya'll when do so though. (planning to nuke it again to test the waters)
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-02-18 02:07:20  
hamany9 said: »
did woc a couple of times,tp burn, every time the fight goes smooth untill he uses mijin gakure and wipes the whole alliance, even though we had bolstered idris geo vex attune, we still got wiped.

An Aegis PLD/RDM holding them off to the side perhaps? In some sort of triangle?

Diaga WoC, hit Rampart or Palisade (Diaga has no hate) and start spamming a cure kit. New wynavs, diaga WOC hit the other JA. Personally I save sentinel for a pinch so it would be last in the rotation of 3 of they're popping that fast. Can also mix in reprisals.

PLD/BLU might just be better but it requires running in closer. BG says Bomb Toss has a 13' range on it and is an aoe attack. It also has almost no hate but if followed quickly by a JA, should be NP against random flying cures.
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-02-18 03:53:52  
Stealing this thread.

Retested WoC's pre-bracelets evasion:
1682 accuracy - 55.87% hit rate (1099 samples)
WoC Pre-bracelets Estimated Evasion: 1720
Previous WoC Pre-bracelets Estimated Evasion: 1831
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-02-18 04:57:03  
Yeah I don't eat sushi on WoC anymore, Miso Ramen it is lol
[+]
By hamany9 2017-02-18 14:02:54  
Valefor.Omnys said: »

An Aegis PLD/RDM holding them off to the side perhaps? In some sort of triangle?

Diaga WoC, hit Rampart or Palisade (Diaga has no hate) and start spamming a cure kit. New wynavs, diaga WOC hit the other JA. Personally I save sentinel for a pinch so it would be last in the rotation of 3 of they're popping that fast. Can also mix in reprisals.

PLD/BLU might just be better but it requires running in closer. BG says Bomb Toss has a 13' range on it and is an aoe attack. It also has almost no hate but if followed quickly by a JA, should be NP against random flying cures.

hmm you mean pld holds the adds away from AV and other alliance members while they zerg him?
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-02-18 17:37:48  
Yes. Within the healer's range and not too far from being able to diaga wynavs, so a triangle.

Afania pointed out to me in PM that an overzealous PLD could pull AV itself and... I'm not certain but I doubt it, unless the fight went on for a really long time, It's another good reason to not use sentinel early in the fight.

A PLD/RDM cure-cheat spamming (with a 102% spell-interruption-down kit) would be more likely to pull hate than a PLD/BLU who leans on offensive aoe spells (like geist wall, sheep song, stinking gas) has no risk of pulling hate, but they have to run closer to get the adds.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-02-18 19:00:03  
I pulled hate off my RUN tank as THF doing WoC the other night. The petrifies could absolutely let a PLD overtake a RUN in hate.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2017-02-18 19:06:35  

Keep in mind, Mijin Gakure isn't strictly magic damage. It's an unknown/mixed damage type, between magic and physical, and possibly breath damage.

As proof of this mixture, you can use Mojin on Jailer of Temperance, and even though it is 100% immune to magic damage, Mijin will deal damage.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-02-18 19:19:46  
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

Keep in mind, Mijin Gakure isn't strictly magic damage. It's an unknown/mixed damage type, between magic and physical, and possibly breath damage.

As proof of this mixture, you can use Mojin on Jailer of Temperance, and even though it is 100% immune to magic damage, Mijin will deal damage.
Does that hold true no matter the form?
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-02-18 19:42:20  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
I pulled hate off my RUN tank as THF doing WoC the other night. The petrifies could absolutely let a PLD overtake a RUN in hate.

Unless you were only SA/TA ws'ing, you were probably producing a lot more hate against WoC than an off-tank PLD since he wouldn't be flashing/voking/jettaturing the boss.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2017-02-18 20:14:18  
Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

Does that hold true no matter the form?

I'm not positive. I just remember a few years ago, a group I was in fighting him, and I used Mijin, and dealt damage.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [49 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Bohjangles
By Leviathan.Bohjangles 2017-04-08 12:00:02  
I'm closing in on brew silt. Is WoC brewable? If so, what jobs (besides blu, which i dont have) are good candidates for brewing with?
By Jadey 2017-04-08 12:06:22  
Leviathan.Bohjangles said: »
I'm closing in on brew silt. Is WoC brewable? If so, what jobs (besides blu, which i dont have) are good candidates for brewing with?

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Lakshmi.Konvict
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2017-04-08 12:30:29  
For anyone who needs this info still, we did this setup:

WAR DRK SAM WHM GEO GEO // RDM SMN PLD outside COR outside SCH for Regen5/Embrava.

SCH does Regen5/Embrava outside, COR does Chaos/SAM for DD pt/Beast/Drachen for SMN, SMN rotates in a Crystal Blessing before pop. WHM does Barthundra / RDM opens with Stymie Saboteur ES Addle2 > Revitalizer ES Saboteur Distract 3 > Puts in Dia3. GEOs do Torpor/Frailty / Vex/Attunement & Entrust Precision Fury STR (with double revitalizers). BRD sings March mad mad thunder carol x2. Good luck guys, would love some input how mage went though!
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2017-04-08 12:41:08  
smn x3, geo, run, cor. Beast/drachen rolls. bolstered Frailty Torp. Astral flow/conduit and volt strike.

3 exceptionally well geared smns are overkill, giving you some space for a leech or two.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Konvict
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2017-04-08 12:43:22  
Asura.Frod said: »
smn x3, geo, run, cor. Beast/drachen rolls. bolstered Frailty Torp. Astral flow/conduit and volt strike.

3 exceptionally well geared smns are overkill, giving you some space for a leech or two.

That works great too lol
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2017-04-08 13:14:23  
Leviathan.Bohjangles said: »

Cor and wildfire, rng should work too.

Edit: someone posted cor leaden video while that may work, it doesn't sc darkness. I've heard wildfire can do 99999 + 99999 on it with buffs from someone that brewed, if he can pop and confirm again.
 Phoenix.Gerrott
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Gerrott
By Phoenix.Gerrott 2017-04-08 14:00:30  
Last aeonic round we 7 manned this and Kirin as Run DD DD Brd Geo Whm, Rdm. Didn't have bad luck on SPs and DDs swapped to wynavs as needed. Cleared both 1/1 very quickly but aware we were somewhat lucky. Used Fury / Frailty March March Mad Mad Min and ate the occasional stun. Was our first non death kill and a lot faster than death used to be. Same set up and buffs smoked Teles as well. Did all NMs with 7 to 10 people. Brd buff is insanely strong.. Lowacc and hybrid pdt gear every fight.
[+]
By Perdi 2017-04-08 16:10:58  
Just a note on SMN burning WoC. Have done it countless times now and you don't necessarily need to be "Exceptionally" geared.

An "Exceptionally" geared SMN can solo zerg WoC in a 3 man group of SMN, GEO, RUN with an outside party COR for rolls. Add one more SMN in and you can start bringing leeches even if they don't have perfect gear (no nirvana, +3 omen, apogee +1).
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2017-04-08 18:05:52  
Perdi said: »
Just a note on SMN burning WoC. Have done it countless times now and you don't necessarily need to be "Exceptionally" geared.

An "Exceptionally" geared SMN can solo zerg WoC in a 3 man group of SMN, GEO, RUN with an outside party COR for rolls. Add one more SMN in and you can start bringing leeches even if they don't have perfect gear (no nirvana, +3 omen, apogee +1).

The useful threshhold for conduit spam is 20/20 in both astral flow and astral conduit JA job points. Without that it is just flat out no bueno.

Beyond that you want a competent physical BP rage set, A baseline minimum of 119 AF or empy body body, NQ apogee or decently augmented Merlinic, enticers and some AH gear. Nothing here beyond like tier 1/2 escha stuff, and probably nothing more than 10-15m on AH in NQs.
First Page 2