Ambuscade Volume 1 - March 2017
First Page 2 3 4
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-03-09 23:06:27  
This fight is a fight against formors and an Ahriman named after the Relic weapons.

In VE there is two Formors and 1 Ahriman (Named Spharai).
The Ahriman can cast death

VD all Relic named enemies are within the battlefield.

-Post Highjacked by Shadowlina (Moderator)
 Lakshmi.Konvict
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2017-03-10 00:40:30  
Just entered on Very Easy just on PLD screwing around. It's an eye with 2 adds named "Spharai" and "Gjallarhorn" who are fomors, the eye seems like a BLM, can cast the spell "Death" and the other 2 are obviously MNK and BRD.

Edit: In on VD and the mobs are the Eye with the following adds:
"Amanomurakumo", "Yoichinoyumi", "Claustrum", "Gjallarhorn", "Guttler", "Mandau", "Mjollnir", "Gugnir", "Spharai" and "Excalibur". So on VD Excalibur hit me for 7 then additional effect 3001 damage. Lmfao.
[+]
 Odin.Warusha
サーバ: Odin
user: Serithus
By Odin.Warusha 2017-03-10 00:53:07  
VD Eye opens with Chainspell Death.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-03-10 00:56:06  
Troubadour Lullaby works.
 Lakshmi.Spoiled
user: Spoiled
By Lakshmi.Spoiled 2017-03-10 01:02:28  
Was able to land Stun on VD Intense Eye without any buffs/food/ES on BLM.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-03-10 01:20:00  
Likewise with Stun on GEO; was the difference for keeping a Death from going off after Chainspell. Recommended to have someone Stun as soon as you see the dust cloud from Ahriman boss. He has very low HP and died during the duration of Stun. Untested if Sudden Lunge's Stun lands; if it does, that'd be much better. Elemental Seal Silence was resisted, so that doesn't appear to be an option.

Easily clearing VD with RUN BLU COR BRD GEO WHM in about 6 mins. Fommor adds' jobs are random. None seem threatening except Excalibur which, as Konvict stated, can do additional effects for more than a player's max HP, but you can get past that with shadows, Battuta, or Full Cure Stoneskin.
[+]
 Odin.Warusha
By Odin.Warusha 2017-03-10 01:23:36  
I landed paralyze no support buffs on mega. I ran with Llew.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2017-03-10 01:30:20  
Just cleared D, very easy. PLD WHM BRD GEO DRK RDM. Silence resists the eye. Kill the adds first then the Eye. I think no Death if you kill the adds first. That happened on D, trying VD next. Lullaby does work on adds. This one is very easy!
 Lakshmi.Konvict
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2017-03-10 01:45:06  
Odin.Warusha said: »
VD Eye opens with Chainspell Death.
Did you do any damage to the eye before? If this is the case I'm wondering how to avoid it. Stymie silence did not work.
 Odin.Warusha
By Odin.Warusha 2017-03-10 02:09:46  
He doesn't use Chainspell until he's been damaged. He dies in approximately 3-4 WS though. Resolution took off about 25% of his health and he used it. Fortunately, as llew stated above, you can just stun as soon as you see the dust cloud for chainspell and kill it before stun wears off. I started the fight off with paralyze np in the three attempts we did which might help delay his chainspell for another 3-5 seconds(which is enough time to kill him).
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2017-03-10 02:29:42  
Attempted Normal for a dry run. Fomors were Apocalypse, Kikoku, Excalibur, and Aegis.

Can confirm randomness of Adds.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-03-10 02:32:16  
Quetzacoatl said: »
Seems like the Fomors differ depending on the difficulty you choose.
They're random. We're getting different ones each VD run. All that changes depending on difficulty is how many there are.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2017-03-10 02:35:26  
Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Quetzacoatl said: »
Seems like the Fomors differ depending on the difficulty you choose.
They're random. We're getting different ones each VD run. All that changes depending on difficulty is how many there are.
lol, I just saw that before I made my edit.

Checking VE now. Yep, got two adds this time.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2017-03-10 02:40:09  
Stockpile your drops up people, this is the easiest one since the frog!
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-03-10 03:10:49  
Ragnarok has a really high parry rate and a lot of the others have moderate parry rates. Aegis will take 0 damage if he successfully blocks. Pretty much an awful idea to try attacking from the front on a lot of these guys (sorry, SAMs!).
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-03-10 03:13:07  
So the adds don't disappear if you kill the Eye, I get?
 Asura.Daleterrence
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2017-03-10 03:16:58  
Pretty much an awful idea to try attacking from the front on a lot of these guys (sorry, SAMs!).

My hopes and dreams. :(
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-03-10 03:17:01  
Asura.Sechs said: »
So the adds don't disappear if you kill the Eye, I get?
Would be a 10 second fight if they did, lol.
 Lakshmi.Spoiled
By Lakshmi.Spoiled 2017-03-10 03:37:31  
Odin.Warusha said: »
He dies in approximately 3-4 WS though. Resolution took off about 25% of his health and he used it.
I have AG Tiz/AG Almace and my CDC's were only doing 5k-7k (only about 5-7% of his HP). What buffs were you running for DD?

*edit with double Minuets, Frailty and Fury
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2017-03-10 03:37:43  
Have not tried the new ambuscades yet since nobody is on but Apogee Shock Squall sounds like it would help a lot if something is using Chainspell Death...
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-03-10 03:46:26  
Lakshmi.Spoiled said: »
I have AG Tiz/AG Almace and my CDC's were only doing 5k-7k (only about 5-7% of his HP). What buffs were you running for DD?
He appears to take about 2.5 times damage as I'm doing 3.5k damage auto attacks and 50k+ Resolutions on RUN and our BRD is doing 45k damage Rudra Storms, so 5k-7k CDC sounds very strange. Are you trying to kill him first? We've been saving him for last.

Anyway, our attack buffs are Idris Blaze Frailty, Indi-Fury, Chaos Roll, Honor March, Minuet V, Red Curry Bun.
 Lakshmi.Spoiled
By Lakshmi.Spoiled 2017-03-10 04:05:21  
He appears to take about 2.5 times damage as I'm doing 3.5k damage auto attacks and 50k+ Resolutions on RUN and our BRD is doing 45k damage Rudra Storms, so 5k-7k CDC sounds very strange. Are you trying to kill him first? We've been saving him for last.

Anyway, our attack buffs are Idris Blaze Frailty, Indi-Fury, Chaos Roll, Honor March, Minuet V, Red Curry Bun.

Figured it out! We were trying him first, switched to him after adds and destroyed him in 15s on D.
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2017-03-10 04:05:25  
Beware the Excalibur, he can do an additional effect of rediculous numbers at random. He hit me in my Burt/Aegis for 6868 and 6865.

Aegis can keep you stun locked with constant Shield Bash.

Kikoku can obviously do a decent party wipe with Mijin if you take him on first.
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2017-03-10 04:08:29  

Figured it out! We were trying him first, switched to him after adds and destroyed him in 15s on D.

His defense gets drastically more reduced the more adds you kill.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-03-10 04:08:43  
Ahriman has access to Curaga which will wake up all the adds if you're controlling them with Troubadour Lullaby. Tried to resleep with Elemental Seal Sleepga but they all resisted (not immune; got Immunobreak message). Probably a good idea to have your COR try and Random Deal your BRD after Troubadour for a second Lullaby.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-03-10 04:12:24  
Ahriman has access to Curaga which will wake up all the adds if you're controlling them with Troubadour Lullaby. Tried to resleep with Elemental Seal Sleepga but they all resisted (not immune; got Immunobreak message). Probably a good idea to have your COR try and Random Deal your BRD after Troubadour for a second Lullaby.
Is it unrealistical to pull the ahriman to a corner, far from the slept adds so that they will be out of range from his curagas, which I assume will be likely targeted on himself?
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2017-03-10 04:16:29  
Is it unrealistical to pull the ahriman to a corner, far from the slept adds so that they will be out of range from his curagas, which I assume will be likely targeted on himself?
I pull all of them to a corner and super tank while party cleans adds out, then kill him. less than 4 min a fight. The only fear I have atm is Excal's insta-kill add effect.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-03-10 04:41:30  
It's slow enough to react to and Stun. We just started doing that instead.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2017-03-10 04:46:03  
What does the tank do to keep the adds from not going all over the place? I did it fine the first time, but now the adds are hitting the mages. Do you aggro as the tank then do an action on the mob and thats it or what? Do you do any action on the adds or don't even touch them. I know there is a way to do it i'm just not sure how.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-03-10 04:47:54  
Just run in and aggro, then pop a couple self-target, high enmity JAs and you should be good. Pflug, Valiance and Battuta is enough to get me permanent hate, pretty much.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4