フォーラム » FFXI » Ambuscade » Ambuscade Volume 2 - March 2017
Ambuscade Volume 2 - March 2017
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-03-09 23:07:09  
This battlefields a Solo Pixies, who summons Porxies, (And other elementals?) During the battle. They share hate.

Casts high tier elemental magic.
The Fight is finished upon Pixies death.

-Post Highjacked by Shadowlina (Moderator)
By clearlyamule 2017-03-09 23:54:52  
So those that want a head start SE posted a vid of them doing it earlier.

Looks like the blue/black fairy doing it's normal moves casting self buffs and doing high tier AoE ice, fire, and wind nukes as well as single target wind. Summons porxies thru the fight first 1 then 2 and they can buff/debuff as well
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-03-10 01:51:09  
Tried some OD and non OD autos on VD... ranged and melee dmg seemed normal. Skillchain dmg was kind of all over the place from incredibly horrible to just kind of bad.

None of the mobs hit hard. Taking 10-20 dmg with not quite capped pet pdt though they all seem to have a ton of regain and use stuff often.

Shortly after engaging main popped a porxie. First time I ignored it and shortly later got 4 more 2nd time I killed still got 4 more. They seem to share hate sort of with main as they tend to stick on whatever main is hitting but can still be pulled off if you do stuff.

Main used Aero IV, summer breeze, blaze spikes, zephyr arrow, protectra V, Cure V, autumn breeze, barstonra, winter breeze, ice spikes, spring breeze aeroga III. Cyclonic torment at low hp. Winter breeze actually gave mdb down and did so even with OD up. I think the tp moves are giving it mode changes. Like see fire moves after summer and also a ridiculously low dmg fusion skillchain (like 1/25 closing ws) while winter was followed by ice

Adds used palate cleanse, frazzle II, brewing storm, beclouding dust, temper I/II, paralyze, distract II

Adds auto die when pixie does so Overall pretty easy fight
[+]
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2017-03-10 06:13:15  
Magic damage seemed pretty bad, Shiva was only doing 4k or so. When it drops under 90% it will spawn a porxie that shares target with Celebrant. They have around 30k hp and use Temper/II. When Celebrant drops under 70% she summons 4 more porxie. 5 seems to be the cap on adds. I have not seen any more than that so far. She seems to resist skillchain damage at high % and then regular skillchain damage at low %. Maybe the mode switch that gives her ice spikes.

Celebrant starts off casting Aero IV. When she summons the first porxie she swaps to Firaga III. When she summons the next 4 she swaps to ice shortly after, maybe 50%?
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-03-10 09:32:56  
Also should note the hate/target sharing isn't the best. Like was doing cor rolls in range while not taking any actions on the porxie and they'd sometimes come after my cor while the main never budged. But would usually go back rather quickly
 Sylph.Nimlith
サーバ: Sylph
user: Nimlith
By Sylph.Nimlith 2017-03-10 11:35:21  
Anywhere decent to get elemental kills other than Sky?
By clearlyamule 2017-03-10 12:02:02  
Given what you are fighting I'd assume porxie and pixies count so reisin probably good
 Phoenix.Kinghippo
サーバ: Phoenix
user: kinghippo
By Phoenix.Kinghippo 2017-03-10 12:07:43  
Umbril Ooze at Cirdas Caverns is another option too if Reisenjima is crowded.
 Asura.Daleterrence
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2017-03-10 14:57:48  
Phoenix.Kinghippo said: »
Umbril Ooze at Cirdas Caverns is another option too if Reisenjima is crowded.

Is there a large enough concentration is them anywhere to get KI though or are you gonna be roaming the tunnels for a bit?
By cuddlyhamster 2017-03-10 16:22:22  
from the enigmatic device, wide scan showed 8 within easy reach. 2 in first room, 2 in the next east room, 4 in the east room after. with acuexes and stuff as well.
By clearlyamule 2017-03-10 16:33:13  
Not sure if there is a super fast way there or not know but the area in grauberg near the verdical conflux is full of pixies. Also can do MMM if you got it
By cuddlyhamster 2017-03-10 16:40:29  
Additional information on pixies in reisenjima, Conflux 6 and 4 have pixies during day time, G-7 from conflux 3/4 for pixies during night time. Same G-7 area for porxies all day
 Asura.Daleterrence
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2017-03-10 16:59:47  
clearlyamule said: »
Not sure if there is a super fast way there or not know but the area in grauberg near the verdical conflux is full of pixies. Also can do MMM if you got it

They have a stupidly long respawn, loads of them but 20 min+ repop.
 Sylph.Darkside
サーバ: Sylph
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2017-03-11 10:23:03  
This probably isn't the fastest either but there's also pixies in aby la thiene where you'd farm carabosse.

Edit. Nevermind I totally forgot aby mobs dont count.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2017-03-30 23:58:44  
cuddlyhamster said: »
Additional information on pixies in reisenjima, Conflux 6 and 4 have pixies during day time, G-7 from conflux 3/4 for pixies during night time. Same G-7 area for porxies all day
Flux 5 also works for Nighttime Pixies.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
サーバ: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-03-31 00:15:10  
Quetzacoatl said: »
WHY you tell ppl this!!! Now I have to fight to get 1 of the like 8 that pop there... Grrr!
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2017-03-31 00:58:09  
Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
Quetzacoatl said: »
WHY you tell ppl this!!! Now I have to fight to get 1 of the like 8 that pop there... Grrr!
It was vacant the last time I checked... ; . ;