users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Party Setups.
Party Setups.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-04-03 12:21:55  
Hey guys, wasn't sure where to post this so apologies in advance if it doesn't fit in. Just curious as I play with myself a lot (wait for it) using multiple accounts. With the recent adjustments to Bard I am wondering how well it fits in to low man setups. I already had 2 GEO, one about to be finished with Idris, and I started on second one. Now I'm debating with the nerf, and buff, if GEO + BRD would be wiser investment. Yes I'm being lazy, but just trying to figure out if a solid Bard is worth going through all the empyrean gear farming, and RMEA, blah blah, or just use a second Geomancer and call it a day. Also I hate trying to work a BRD vs a GEO in 6 box. I'm sure duration gear will help in the future though.
By Kodaijin 2017-04-03 12:42:32  
I am guessing it depends on what you do with your multiple accounts.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-04-03 12:43:50  
Just trying to break in to some higher tier farming; T3 Reisen, Omen fights. I don't think anything beyond that can be done with 6? I honestly don't know how bad the Omen stuff is yet as I just got my accounts back this past month.
 Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin 2017-04-03 12:57:54  
Everyone is going to say it's situational, because it is.

That being said, a BRD and GEO are likely going to be better than 2 GEOs in most situations.

A good BRD will need a +2 song whistle, ghorn, and a 3 song harp as baselines. My mule currently is not finished with GHorn and still generally buffs better than he does when he is a GEO. An example of a situation where BRDs are less effective would be Neak, who can wipe your buffs, but doesn't wipe bubbles. To give you an idea of how potent BRD is after the update.. if I soul voice 4x songs from above mentioned mule.. it put DDs in near-capped situations for Kirin/WoC in RuAnn. DDs were hitting hard and often and easily mopped the floor with both.

From a "box" perspective, I find it easier to dual box a BRD than GEO, because of duration, troub/nightgale, etc usually mean I only have to buff once per fight usually.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-04-03 13:04:18  
So baseline of the story is, I should stop being lazy, and farm that empyrean/relic/chapters haha. Yah I know, and I believe it. I just need to convince myself it will be worth it. Getting a Ghorn shouldn't be hard at all. Ambuscade makes it easy for multi-box users honestly. After mastering all the jobs I plan to use, gearing them decently enough, building gearswaps for everyone. I just don't wanna do another one. I guess I need to suck it up though.
 Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin
By Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin 2017-04-03 13:07:26  
The BRD gear isn't hard to get - the whistle and the ghorn will cost you a bit. If you don't want to Daurdabla you can get a blurred harp for a few mil or a terpander for pennies on the dollar.

It's totally worth it though, BRD with +8/+9 songs will add ridiculous chunks of buffs on you. Not to mention, with a BRD box.. you can box Tenzen on VD pretty easily and earn nice chunks of money or beits/pluts/boulders.

My BRD has mostly +6 to songs and it's already a game changer on most content I box.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-04-03 13:10:46  
I made a Terp last night so that's out of the way. Just need to work on reforges the most right now. Just finished all AF 109. I know the Empy is needed for buffed songs, and I have no idea whats good with new ambuscade stuff. How do you get +6 to songs. I've never dived in to Bard enough yet. You mean +Song from instrument?

Im also using a COR as well.
 Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin
By Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin 2017-04-03 13:17:15  
You want head, body and hands empy reforge. Depending on who you ask, make the legs and the feet. I choose not to make the legs and feet because I prefer duration to the set ability. AF1 feet and Inyanga Legs both have nice chunks of +duration. I made empy feet for movement speed buff, but that's about all you get from them.

I only made 3 relic pieces.. Body, Legs and Feet (iirc) - because they give duration buffs to SV, Troub, and Nightingale.

Because of omen, most pieces of AF1 will likely be useful at +2/+3.

It's really not that tough, you can probably do all of the AF1/2/3 you need to +1 in a day or two. Accessories should be decent from having GEO already on the job, you may want to look into one or two.. Inyanga pieces are pretty nice also. Don't need a lot of pieces from Escha/Reis really.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-04-03 13:21:10  
Thanks I really appreciate the info, I was just on edge wasting the time I have.