Random Politics & Religion #22

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #22
Random Politics & Religion #22
First Page 2 3 ... 66 67 68 ... 79 80 81
By fonewear 2017-04-29 11:20:26  
Little side bar I watched a show called First Dates I kid you not this woman said we couldn't date cause the guy owned a guy. And she was very anti gun...now I've heard it all.
 Shiva.Shruiken
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-04-29 11:26:14  
fonewear said: »
cause the guy owned a guy

At first I thought you meant he owned a slave and was like "man i GOTTA check this out"
By fonewear 2017-04-29 11:28:31  
She probably would be okay with that but I guess owning a gun is a deal breaker...She also said her last boyfriend didn't recycle I couldn't stop laughing...
By fonewear 2017-04-29 11:29:46  
It starts at like the 15 minute mark or so:

http://www.nbc.com/first-dates/video/should-i-try-to-kiss-you/3504906
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-04-29 17:27:25  
Interesting article on the Laffer curve.

Full of boring stuff like facts and charts.

Fans of the curve aren't going to like the title. Or the source.
By fonewear 2017-04-29 19:37:42  
Garuda.Chanti said: »

Facts have a liberal bias !
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-04-29 19:58:09  
In the OK this crap has got to stop department:

Portland family parade becomes unexpected battlefield for political activists
WaPo

Quote:
PORTLAND, Ore. — The annual Roses Parade that snakes along 82nd Avenue here each year provides families with familiar springtime escapism. Church clubs and veterans groups hold banners and wave. Members of the local Chinese-American community bring their dramatic lion dance. The “clown prince” makes an appearance on his clown-car “throne.”

But not this year. In place of the family-friendly scenes on Saturday were masked protesters, police armored in riot gear and about 100 people waving Trump campaign flags and sporting “Make America Great Again” hats....
I used to live 1.5 miles from that street and walked kinda stepkids to that parade.
By fonewear 2017-04-29 20:07:01  
Portland is a hell hole and you know how I feel about hell holes !
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-04-30 08:56:46  
It was before hipsters were invented Fone, it was bearable then.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-04-30 09:09:17  
I'm just surprised that this thread is unlocked for the weekend.

It's obvious that the mods, except Vyre, he has an excuse, are lazy nothing's happening this weekend that needs to be talked about.
By fonewear 2017-04-30 09:10:36  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I'm just surprised that this thread is unlocked for the weekend.

It's obvious that the mods, except Vyre, he has an excuse, are lazy nothing's happening this weekend that needs to be talked about.

Politics don't stop on the weekend !
By fonewear 2017-04-30 09:11:24  
Also 85 in April global warming is real and quite humid !
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-04-30 17:15:26  
fonewear said: »
Also 85 in April global warming is real and quite humid !

Tell that floozy of a mother nature of yours to keep it coming! I love this weather!

<insert diabolical laugh here>

/opens all his windows but leaves the ac on,
[+]
By fonewear 2017-04-30 18:52:12  
Keep your heart three stacks !

I choose you girl !

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Odin.Slore
サーバ: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2017-04-30 19:18:15  
I'd take warm weather, temp capped out about 55F here in NY today and rain all week.
By fonewear 2017-05-01 07:14:47  
Odin.Slore said: »
I'd take warm weather, temp capped out about 55F here in NY today and rain all week.

Go to the store buy some coal and burn in 24/7 should get you to at least 65 !

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-01 09:55:31  
In the OK this crap has got to stop department:

Portland family parade becomes unexpected battlefield for political activists
WaPo

Quote:
PORTLAND, Ore. — The annual Roses Parade that snakes along 82nd Avenue here each year provides families with familiar springtime escapism. Church clubs and veterans groups hold banners and wave. Members of the local Chinese-American community bring their dramatic lion dance. The “clown prince” makes an appearance on his clown-car “throne.”

But not this year. In place of the family-friendly scenes on Saturday were masked protesters, police armored in riot gear and about 100 people waving Trump campaign flags and sporting “Make America Great Again” hats....
I used to live 1.5 miles from that street and walked kinda stepkids to that parade.

LMFAO

Wow give it to WAPO to skew ***and make it seem like those "Radical Trump Supporters" were starting stuff and not the liberal groups doing everything they can to disrupt and attack Trump Supporters.

Basically you have conservatives peacefully demonstrating their support, wearing hats and T-shirts (evil I know right). Then you have antifa and other similar leftist groups running in there throwing teargas, hitting people, smashing property, starting riots while screaming "Not my President". The media then blames the conservatives for wearing those damn T-shirts and hats.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-01 10:10:04  

Umm there is no such thing there, just the writers opinion.

Tax's vs growth is something that's been understood for well over a thousand years, just not in the academic community. The more the government taxes the less there is available for capital investments and consumer spending. This is pretty basic ***. Now taxes are used to fuel government spending and government spending is "supposed" to be for things that benefit everyone, and thus the negative effects of the tax can be entirely negates by the effect of the government spending. Lets take external security (Defense / CIA stuff) for example, without some form of external security business's and consumers would not be safe and all investments and spending would be vulnerable to outside invasion. Thus government spending spending on external security, and the resultant tax penalty, generates a positive effect on economic growth. Internal security (Police / FBI) also works this way. Social benefits can work this way to though they really need to be tailored to a specific need and not blanket welfare spending. Spending on actually improving education (not just throwing money at political favorites) generates a better educated and more capable population which creates positive economic growth and thus generates more income then it consumes. Creating a safety net generates job security and help prevent the "death spiral" that job loss can lead to. Regulating healthcare creates a healthy population that can produce better then a sick one.

Social spending can be a good thing, provided it has a targeted effect and not just done out of ideological reasons or to buy votes. Giving money to education only to have most Americans graduate with worthless Liberal Arts degrees from Universities that are little more then diploma mill's who's business model is centered on keeping students in school for maximum time taking worthless class's while getting money from government backed student loans is a bad thing. Healthcare is a whole other subject that needs a ***ton of discussion, needless to say that the USA and Europe are both doing it wrong for different reasons. Unemployment and various welfare programs badly need an overhaul after years of liberals using them for vote buying and keeping the lower quarter of the population perpetually poor. Unemployment programs need to be focused on skill training and not just handing out cash to people who aren't even trying, nor incentivizing people to stay unemployed or employed in places that can't be tracked.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-01 10:11:22  
I'll send Chanti a make Portland Great Again hat !
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-01 10:12:32  
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-01 10:13:39  
Or a Trump pizza:
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-05-01 10:15:43  
If you bothered to read the article, Saevel, you would see that blame is attributed all around.

The Portland Rose Festival is a two week, city wide event, with parades most days or evenings. It, like most city festivals, is about community, not politics.

The militant left and right should find a big empty lot and have a nice fight well away from anyone else.
By fonewear 2017-05-01 10:15:57  
Asura.Saevel said: »

Umm there is no such thing there, just the writers opinion.

Tax's vs growth is something that's been understood for well over a thousand years, just not in the academic community. The more the government taxes the less there is available for capital investments and consumer spending. This is pretty basic ***. Now taxes are used to fuel government spending and government spending is "supposed" to be for things that benefit everyone, and thus the negative effects of the tax can be entirely negates by the effect of the government spending. Lets take external security (Defense / CIA stuff) for example, without some form of external security business's and consumers would not be safe and all investments and spending would be vulnerable to outside invasion. Thus government spending spending on external security, and the resultant tax penalty, generates a positive effect on economic growth. Internal security (Police / FBI) also works this way. Social benefits can work this way to though they really need to be tailored to a specific need and not blanket welfare spending. Spending on actually improving education (not just throwing money at political favorites) generates a better educated and more capable population which creates positive economic growth and thus generates more income then it consumes. Creating a safety net generates job security and help prevent the "death spiral" that job loss can lead to. Regulating healthcare creates a healthy population that can produce better then a sick one.

Social spending can be a good thing, provided it has a targeted effect and not just done out of ideological reasons or to buy votes. Giving money to education only to have most Americans graduate with worthless Liberal Arts degrees from Universities that are little more then diploma mill's who's business model is centered on keeping students in school for maximum time taking worthless class's while getting money from government backed student loans is a bad thing. Healthcare is a whole other subject that needs a ***ton of discussion, needless to say that the USA and Europe are both doing it wrong for different reasons. Unemployment and various welfare programs badly need an overhaul after years of liberals using them for vote buying and keeping the lower quarter of the population perpetually poor. Unemployment programs need to be focused on skill training and not just handing out cash to people who aren't even trying, nor incentivizing people to stay unemployed or employed in places that can't be tracked.

I majored Women's Studies with a minor in Art History...and that will be about $3.50 for that pumpkin spice latte !
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-05-01 10:19:30  
And in Canadian political correctness....

Man forced to surrender his 'offensive' Star Trek license plate

Seattle PI

[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-01 10:20:06  
Hmm I thought they still used horse and buggy and Canada...the more you know !
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-01 10:38:05  
If you bothered to read the article, Saevel, you would see that blame is attributed all around.

No they didn't. They were careful to use words that highlighted evil right wing protesters and their clothing that violently offended the responsible liberals who had no choice but to fight back. They went out of their way to make the peaceful conservatives look bad while downplaying the violent liberals.

Ever since antifa and it's offshoots have been going around the country starting violent fights, burning cars, looting and starting riots, the left news outlets have done everything to downplay and dismiss the problem.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-01 10:41:09  
Can't edit and it posted wrong. Need to add there is no militant right now. There are no right wing activists walking into peaceful liberal protests and beating the protesters over the head with a baseball bats and pipes.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-05-01 10:47:09  
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/331349-trump-why-was-there-the-civil-war

Quote:
President Trump during an interview that airs Monday questioned why the country had a Civil War and suggested former President Andrew Jackson could have prevented it had he served later.

"I mean had Andrew Jackson been a little bit later you wouldn't have had the Civil War. He was a very tough person, but he had a big heart," Trump said during an interview with the Washington Examiner's Salena Zito.

"He was really angry that he saw what was happening with regard to the Civil War, he said, 'There's no reason for this.'"

Jackson, the nation's seventh president, died in 1845. The Civil War began in 1861.

The president further questioned why the country could not have solved the Civil War.

"People don't realize, you know, the Civil War, if you think about it, why?" Trump said during the edition of "Main Street Meets the Beltway" scheduled to air on SiriusXM.

"People don't ask that question, but why was there the Civil War? Why could that one not have been worked out?"

During the interview, the president also compared his win to that of Jackson.
"My campaign and win was most like Andrew Jackson, with his campaign. And I said, when was Andrew Jackson? It was 1828. That's a long time ago," Trump said.

"That's Andrew Jackson. And he had a very, very mean and nasty campaign. Because they said this was the meanest and the nastiest. And unfortunately, it continues."

Trump has in the past drawn comparisons between his campaign and that of Jackson.

Ahead of a March rally, the president compared his presidency to Jackson's while marking the birthday of the seventh president.

Speaking outside The Hermitage, Jackson's estate in Nashville, Tenn., Trump referred to Jackson as the people's president.
"It was during the revolution that Jackson first confronted and defied an arrogant elite. Does that sound familiar?" Trump said ahead of his rally earlier this year.

/face palm.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-01 10:50:06  
Oh I'm soo going to identify as Kekistani next census. Time for the Kekistanians to throw off the shackles of oppression.
First Page 2 3 ... 66 67 68 ... 79 80 81