user: kogasho
By Asura.Kogasho 2017-04-04 07:42:36  
???
 Asura.Tuvae
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Tuvae
By Asura.Tuvae 2017-04-04 09:04:26  
Any details yet on what to do? Usually folk post pretty quickly on the strats.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2017-04-04 09:13:31  
There was a maintenance so. No.. :(
 Bahamut.Dannyl
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2017-04-04 09:19:04  
All these Ambu monthly strats need to be condensed into their own proper forum (someone mentioned using Legion since it is empty AF)

I found this from past month:
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/48624/ambuscade-findings/15/#3151573

edit: not even sure its the right month, check that thread though, you might find it
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-04-04 10:03:47  
Going by what other people said in the general thread, this fight works exactely the same as it did when it was first released.
Yeah GEO got nerfed, but players' gear is much better, so people claimed for it to be faster than it used to be.

Llewelyn talked about ~4 mins kill on VD.
Other people mentioned being able to do this easily on D even with sub-par PUG DDs.

Good luck finding posts about the original fight though. Tried using the search engine but no luck.
[+]
 Asura.Tuvae
user: Tuvae
By Asura.Tuvae 2017-04-04 10:23:40  
Yeh ive just managed to get in after a 30 minute wait!

Done v1 on D and it took 3 minutes, killing the boss first and then adds. Adds went down in a couple WSs, boss had some nasty AoE but nothing too dangerous. BRD said he couldnt land sleep so maybe adds are immune to it.

Other than that, its pretty easy. Kill boss, kill adds, done in a few minutes. Nice easy one this month!
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-04-04 10:34:17  
If I recall the gigas in the original fight were completely immune to Lullaby, not just "resistant", but don't quote me on that!
By tyalangan 2017-04-04 10:34:46  
What I could quickly find that may help get people started:

Muzzling Wallop via Llewelyn
Quote:
Couple extra notes on Muzzling Wallop:

- MP loss seems to be about Damage Taken x5. So taking 200 damage would deplete 1000 of your MP
- Might be fire based. Unda Valiance does seem to help a bit with reducing the damage on it.

We also found a way to negate it completely:
We've found that a BLU doing Diffusion Magic Barrier is a very good way to protect everyone's MP since normal Stoneskins would be quickly taken out from the boss's AoE auto attacks. We got hit by 2 Muzzling Wallops but lost 0 MP since everyone took 0 damage both times thanks to Magic Barrier. I believe this paired with Unda Valiance is the best way to handle Muzzling Wallop. Just have to make sure your WHM doesn't overwrite it with Solace Stoneskin.

Video via Llewelyn
YouTube Video Placeholder

Melee Version from Reddit via Biaar
Quote:
Melee Version RUN (or PLD) DD DD Cor Geo Whm
If you use a BLU use Magic Barrier over Stoneskin. You can Have a BLU AOE it onto the group and then reset his abilities and reapply it to himself before entering.
Accuracy requirements is north of 1400 I beleive
Geo: Fraility(BoG/EA) Percision Vex
Melee pop CDs on Boss and burn him down. Boss>Fist/Marshal>Trainer/Swift. If your Melee are solid they can fight different targets to speed things up.

Mage Version from Reddit via Vamperica
Quote:
VD Intense Strategy

Setup:
PLD, WHM, BLM, BLM, GEO, WHM
KI Areas:
Xarcabard [S], Upper Delkfutt's Tower.
Prefight:
All usual buffs, Rainstorm, Boost-INT, Barfira, Stoneskin,
GEO: Geo-Focus (Blaze of Glory/Ecliptic Attrition), Indi-Acumen, Entrust Indi-INT.
Mages camp in starting corner.
Pull (most critical part):
PLD run in and Rampart (not flash, not voke),
This will collect all the NMs and you can pull them to side wall,
Also will prevent your mages from being killed/encumbered off pull,
After you're in position, then you can flash/voke/etc,
Shield (Aegis) will be stripped, so be prepared to macro it back in.
Fight:
SCH start Reverberation chain on Bozzetto Enceladus as soon as in range,
BLMs Elemental Seal the first MB, try to kill Bozzetto Enceladus in 1-2 SC's,
If Muzzling Wallop goes off, and tank is in danger, Benediction is a good last resort while silenced,
Remaining kill-order: Fistfighter x2, Martial, Trainer, Swiftshooter,
If SCH runs out of stratagems, free-nuking also effective,
PLD use Fealty on Trainer to prevent charm,
Try to have stratagems ready for the Trainer to be safe,
GEO will have to move Geo-Focus luopon for Swiftshooter,
If BLMs are sufficiently powered, the fight should only take about 4-6 mins.
Post-Fight:
Reset abilities at Nomad Moogle.
Reward:
1200 Hallmarks, 500 Gallantry,
Absolutely killer way to do last-minute HM farm.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-04-04 10:37:04  
Video from the August Gigas fight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=427-qzHVEJQ

Link to some posts commenting the original August version of the fight (read all of the posts/pages following the link)

Edit:
Nvm, thanks tyalangan for posting all that useful info. I seem to recall the fight now, wasn't too bad actually!
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-04-04 15:59:50  
I farmed up 16800 hallmarks before the maint, and while I'm not sure I can offer any information in addition to those above, our setup was:

PLD, DD(THF, me), DD (SAM, then BLU, job doesn't matter), BRD, GEO (dualbox), WHM.

I ran entrusted wilt and fury/frailty, with ballads on the whm and barfira they survived the boss mp drain well enough and once he was dead mp came back easily. The only difficulty was killing the boss in time if you get unlucky with WS/knockback. Choose the difficulty based on your DD's capability.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-04-04 16:06:39  
Small trick if you are having trouble:

You can pre-Magic Barrier in Mhaura with a BLU and then let him change jobs to whatever is needed. Then you have 5 ppl protected at least from the first MP drains.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2017-04-04 16:08:24  
Confirming that Unda x3 Valiance takes a lot of damage and thus MP damage off Muzzling Wallop. Sacrosanctity to One for All when the former wears also makes using Vex/Fade redundant when stacked with Valiance.

If you're supertanking, which you generally will be for this fight, a good RUN can hold all targets and even contribute to damage while Battuta is active. Be ready to snap into a tanking build when it falls however as you'll take the occasional big hit even with Epeolatry.
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-04-04 18:47:53  
Ruaumoko said: »
Be ready to snap into a tanking build when it falls however as you'll take the occasional big hit even with Epeolatry.
Not really. Only things that do notable damage in that fight is Mercurial Strike, which PDT has no effect on thus making Epeo pointless, and Eagle Eye Shot. I'm just using Lionheart and a hybrid set for the duration of the fight; does the job fine.
By maxdecphoenix 2017-04-05 02:34:55  
Just to second the notes about sleep, they are entirely, absolutely immune to sleep of any kind. Dark based and light. I went in solo on normal and tried to land repose as WHM just to test it, as blu sleeps failed. Repose with capped+ Divine, 228 magic accuracy skill, and something like 250 magic accuracy in gear and it was completely resisted. As a side note, I had also tried regurgitation while on blu to see if it would bind them, and that was a no-go as well.
By Ruaumoko 2017-04-05 09:50:28  
Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Ruaumoko said: »
Be ready to snap into a tanking build when it falls however as you'll take the occasional big hit even with Epeolatry.
Not really. Only things that do notable damage in that fight is Mercurial Strike, which PDT has no effect on thus making Epeo pointless, and Eagle Eye Shot. I'm just using Lionheart and a hybrid set for the duration of the fight; does the job fine.
If I was with an LS healer then I'd be more willing to DD and tank at the same time. Battuta will keep you up easily, during its duration, but when it drops and you don't have a good healer you're going to be in trouble.

I don't trust pickup healers so I always 'errrr' on the side of caution. I can see your side though. If I trust my healer I'll try it.
 Fenrir.Jumeya
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2017-04-05 09:58:25  
We've been doing 5-6 mins at 4 people, SCH SCH GEO RUN,

Run does tank things, raykes with unda

Geo focus/malaise, entrust wilt, heals
Sch rainstorm/klima, reverb SCs

Limiting factor, charges if your SCHs are terribad and can't hit for 70K+ T5s without using charges.

Kill NM with ebullience volley (99999), kill the rest, single SC per mob. Move malaise as needed for Ranger.

Add blms if SCH isn't good enough, for the JP burst bonus / T6
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-04-05 11:34:27  
Fenrir.Jumeya said: »
Add blms if SCH isn't good enough, for the JP burst bonus / T6

...and the gallantry.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-04-06 02:42:31  
Was very tired yesterday, won one VD run very fast and lost two, there's a couple of things I'm wondering about since I don't remember em from last time I did this Ambu fight

1) Do elemental resistance+ buffs (Carol, Barfira etc) help at all in reducing the damage from Mercurial Strike, or are they worthless?

2) Which ability specifically produces that short-duration AoE silence, and what is the range on that?

3) Which of the adds is the one who can Charm and how do you guys deal with it, other than the obvious "kill it before he can charm your tank" lol?
 Sylph.Ice
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2017-04-06 02:54:36  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Was very tired yesterday, won one VD run very fast and lost two, there's a couple of things I'm wondering about since I don't remember em from last time I did this Ambu fight

1) Do elemental resistance+ buffs (Carol, Barfira etc) help at all in reducing the damage from Mercurial Strike, or are they worthless?

2) Which ability specifically produces that short-duration AoE silence, and what is the range on that?

3) Which of the adds is the one who can Charm and how do you guys deal with it, other than the obvious "kill it before he can charm your tank" lol?

1) I do not believe so. I believe it's fixed damage like the one in abyssea. This damage can be reduced by something like Barrier Tusk though. Swole has Barrier Tusk on in the following quote, and 888x.85=754.
Quote:
The Bozzetto Enceladus uses Mercurial Strike.Aerora takes 847 points of damage.
Aeroja takes 888 points of damage.
Dimitrious takes 888 points of damage.
The Luopan takes 0 points of damage.
Ephedra takes 888 points of damage.
Swole takes 754 points of damage.

2) I believe Muzzling Wallop produces the silence, it doesn't always land with Idris Indi-Vex.

3) The Trainer is the one that charms. I tank it as RUN and use Tenebrae x3 + Pflug + Indi-Vex. I also tank it in a resist ailment set. I've only been charmed once so far in around ~20k points on VD.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-04-06 03:48:09  
Since the RUN is supposed to Undax3 Valiance, I guess what we have to do if there's a trainer is

Undax3 Valiance > Swap to Tenebrae x3 and be ready to Pflug
And yeah Idris Vex + entrust attunement didn't make silence land not even once in that VD attempt we won super fast (like 5-6 minutes?) yesterday.

Still about Muzzling Wallop. Would Barfira/Carol etc not help with that at all? (reducing amount of damage taken > MP depleted)
 Sylph.Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2017-04-06 03:55:48  
Since the RUN is supposed to Undax3 Valiance, I guess what we have to do if there's a trainer is

Undax3 Valiance > Swap to Tenebrae x3 and be ready to Pflug
And yeah Idris Vex + entrust attunement didn't make silence land not even once in that VD attempt we won super fast (like 5-6 minutes?) yesterday.

Still about Muzzling Wallop. Would Barfira/Carol etc not help with that at all? (reducing amount of damage taken > MP depleted)

About the Trainer, we usually kill him second to last, the last being the RNG, so there's plenty of time to adjust runes and such later on in the fight. I usually start prepping Tenebrae after we've killed the MB, and 2 MNK or WAR. Barfira/Carol definitely do help. If you're rolling with a BLU, you can also have the BLU Diffusion+Magic Barrier while in town as it gives a fairly potent magic stoneskin. Doesn't stack with normal cureskin/stoneskin though. By the time the boss dies, magic barrier is usually still up. In the event that it does wear off, you can also make use of RUN's One for All.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-04-06 04:13:39  
Yeah we were using Magic Barrier and was making the fight much easier.
Correct if I'm wrong but One For all does not stack with Magic Barrier, just like Cureskin/Stoneskin, correct?

If that's right then I guess OFA should be just a failsafe to use if for whatever reason Boss is still up when Magic Barrier is out.
 Sylph.Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2017-04-06 04:25:35  
Yeah we were using Magic Barrier and was making the fight much easier.
Correct if I'm wrong but One For all does not stack with Magic Barrier, just like Cureskin/Stoneskin, correct?

If that's right then I guess OFA should be just a failsafe to use if for whatever reason Boss is still up when Magic Barrier is out.

Yeah, they don't stack. It's just a backup really.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jumeya
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2017-04-06 13:43:51  
If I recall, the Mercurial Strike damage can be reduced by fade and/or wilt, I don't remember which. he only gets one or two off that One for All + SS absorb in our strat, so we don't use those debuffs, but it could merit a try.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-04-06 14:13:24  
PLD works fine too if you don't have a RUN available. Farmed up a couple capes for dollar mules using PLD GEO BLU BRD leechx2 without too much trouble. Ballad gives so much MP now that even if wallop gets through magic barrier, it's not a major issue. Fealty handles trainer charm fine. Not having a higher curaga for mercurial strike was annoying, but it was still workable.
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-04-06 14:15:33  
The ideal setup for us is PLD/GEO/2SCH/2BLM.

Pretty much use the strat above... put down all bubbles before pull, SCH make reverberation as soon as main comes into range. If your mages are strong enough to drop it in one shot then Muzzling Wallop isn't a worry at all. If it's not dead after one chain, immediate SC again to finish it off.

Rest of the fight is pretty simple. One SCH main heal while the other chains, and then switch off when needed. ~4min/round.
 Odin.Godofgods
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-04-06 15:50:30  
what kinda gear and jps would a blm need to be effective in this? Right now i only have whm and bst but i havnt seen much call for them this month. I do have blm lvled, skilled, spelled, but i never put together equips or jp'ed it.
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-04-06 16:14:56  
On VD, you'd need pretty good gear and probably full JPs... on the order of what you'd need to be effective against T3 Reisenjima. D is a bit more forgiving.

There should be people looking for WHM, especially in a melee setup.
[+]
First Page 2