Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Macrocosmic Orb SKC20 Campaign Findings/Discussion
Macrocosmic Orb SKC20 Campaign Findings/Discussion
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
By grumpette 2018-01-02 21:25:06  
I doubt that I am the only master thf doing sk20. I think taking the time to proc high TH rather than zerg one shotting with a ja boosted rudra helps open slots for better loot drops from individual mobs in sc20 bcnms. Another friend of mine who has a master thf tends to zerg without procs or using all his th gear. He has yet to get a -1 or HmP box.
By clearlyamule 2018-01-02 22:03:08  
It's super luck based. Would need a decent sample given thee size of the pools
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2018-01-03 19:40:08  
this week is when people choose to spam master trial in castle z ... only on asura
By grumpette 2018-01-05 11:03:13  
Maybe my main character is broken. I really don't have the inventory space to keep spamming sk20s for in depth data collection.

In addition to the 2x hexed kecks -1s I got Wednesday from doing 2 sk20 Dismemberment Brigades on Difficult, I got more stuff from doing sk20 Thursday. I'm also on Phoenix where we currently have Kupofried Treasure Hound in effect. Not bothering to count the junk drops.:
Normal Solo no weapon skills just auto-attacks:
  • Lots of junk
    1 hmp
    1 hmp pouch
    1 plouton box
    2x +2 stones (sorry wasn't keeping a detailed tally)

Difficult 1 (with RUN friend to tank, approx 12 minutes auto attk)
  • Longarmed Gottditt(Mnk) no drops, no chapters
    Armaster Debuk(War) hexed wristbands, hmp, byne bill, assorted chapters
    Undefeatable Sappdapp(Drk) assorted chapters
    Invulnerable Mazzgozz(Pld) leaf orb +2
    Mind's-eyed Klugwug(Rng) linen purse, 100 byne bill
    Keeneyed Aufwuf(Blm) no drops

Difficult 2 (with RUN friend to tank, approx 12 minutes auto attk)
  • Mnk no drops
    War linen purse (Alexandrite)
    Drk duskslit stone +2
    Pld hpb
    Rng ord. bronzepiece
    Blm hexed jacket -1

So on 4 consecutive Difficult runs, 2 on Wednesday, 2 on Thursday, I am 3/4 on hexed -1, 1 hexed bonnet, a couple of linen pouches, a couple of hmp pouches and a 100 byne bill.

My master thief friend is still getting all junk duoing with his Idris Geo alt. The only real difference between me and him is I'm using Aeneas dagger. We've been joking that maybe Aeneas give hidden effect TH100 to master thief.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-01-05 11:21:47  
or, more likely:
random number generation has inherent variance, you're getting lucky, and nobody cares

your aeneas is not influencing your drops, i promise

Quote:
this week is when people choose to spam master trial in castle z ... only on asura
except that's in castle zvahl [s], and doesn't effect the bc instances for this
[+]
By grumpette 2018-01-05 12:11:31  
I don't care if you don't care. I'm reporting my drops on 2 days. My mileage on random number variance theory is still crazy. I had similar results last sk campaign.

Random number generators are typically seeded by a time stamp. To hit an unknown lucky number in an unknown time stamp seed over a period of 2 different days on 4 different runs is phenomenal. I'd like to know whats doing that from a scientific stand point so it can be replicated by others. If my luck can be replicated, more power to everyone else. All kinds of variables need to be considered, including weird ones.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2018-01-05 12:35:18  
grumpette said: »
I don't care if you don't care. I'm reporting my drops on 2 days. My mileage on random number variance theory is still crazy. I had similar results last sk campaign.

Random number generators are typically seeded by a time stamp. To hit an unknown lucky number in an unknown time stamp seed over a period of 2 different days on 4 different runs is phenomenal. I'd like to know whats doing that from a scientific stand point so it can be replicated by others. If my luck can be replicated, more power to everyone else. All kinds of variables need to be considered, including weird ones.

Roll a 6 sided die. You are getting lucky rolling a 3 over and over while everyone else is rolling 1-6. That's your science.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-01-05 12:38:32  
grumpette said: »

It's not phenomenal, it's lucky.

Let's say hexed-1 have a 1/50 chance per mob.

Thus, for an individual run, you have approximately 6/50 chance. (Some precision lost here by reducing chance to 1 drop/run but close enough)

Your chance of getting 3 in 4 runs is 6/75^4 * 4. 0.00082944 or 1/1205. Even with the servers as they are, there are probably ~3000 people who have done at least 4 runs, and some who did multiple. The odds might be higher than that as well, or slightly lower, but regardless you'd expect at least one person to see results like that.

It would be ridiculous for them to code one event to add a TH modifier to aeneas, and there is far more than enough anecdotal data to rule out a TH based boost of that magnitude being applied whenever Aeneas is used.

You're welcome to your opinion, but it's uninformed. While it's great you understand how random number generators work, you are clearly lacking in statistical analysis.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1271 days between previous and next post]
By Slowforever 2021-06-29 10:01:02  
bump
By ScaevolaBahamut 2021-06-29 10:15:18  
Slowforever said: »
bump

name checks out
[+]
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2021-06-29 10:27:59  
I typically like to do Gigas on VD with THF and trusts. I like to use AATT, Sylvie, Koru, Monberaux, and August. I always target the RNG first since it can oftentimes be out of range for sleep. Your best bet is to engage and run in with movement speed. This helps activate the trusts faster so they can quickly heal and sleep stuff. Leave the bst for last and only use ranged attacks until it tries to charm your tank. Then kill it.

Decent way to get a small bit of gil from seals that would be collecting dust otherwise.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2021-06-29 15:48:19  
Bahamut.Jedigamer said: »
I typically like to do Gigas on VD with THF and trusts. I like to use AATT, Sylvie, Koru, Monberaux, and August. I always target the RNG first since it can oftentimes be out of range for sleep. Your best bet is to engage and run in with movement speed. This helps activate the trusts faster so they can quickly heal and sleep stuff. Leave the bst for last and only use ranged attacks until it tries to charm your tank. Then kill it.

Decent way to get a small bit of gil from seals that would be collecting dust otherwise.

Gigas is excellent risk/reward but it's important to remember to do the main guy last, as charm will wipe your trusts. Demons are a definite fave for me but astral flow on VD can be problematic with uncapped MDT.

EDIT: main problem with Gigas IIRC is the BC dumps you out in an inconvenient place for getting back to town quickly and relying on your warp ring cooldown sucks. Instant Warp scrolls are actually pretty nice here if you can get into a rhythm remembering to pick one up before you HP out to the BC.
By Taint 2021-06-29 19:13:15  
BLU/BLM crushes this campaign and instant warp.
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2021-06-30 10:05:16  
I guess anything/BLM is fine, since your trusts will refill your MP.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-30 10:17:30  
Well blu specifically as blu is really "good" at soloing groups of old content in 5 seconds

Entomb and Floe and everythings dead, no 2hours, no damage, done and done
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7