users online
フォーラム » Windower » Support » Windower Momentarily Hangs when switching instance
Windower Momentarily Hangs when switching instance
 Shiva.Malthar
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2017-06-03 15:07:51  
Uggg, Cair, can't you do something about this?

RE: In case you forgot.

Switching instances using alt-tab doesn't hang. But if you go from an instance to another program, say, Notepad++, it momentarily hangs. Using AutoHotKey switching instances also causes it to momentarily hang.

It's a bit of a bother. Anyone else have this problem and figured out a workaround?

Your favorite person,

Malthar :-D
By Excellia 2017-06-03 16:40:50  
I don't know if my problem relates but ever since I added zone-timer add-on, I have been getting windower not responding whenever I zone. When I zone, it looks like windower stops responding (and says it at the top at times) and makes that circling icon (new hour glass) appear on win 10. It takes it a good 5 secs before the loading icon goes away and the screen turns black to start loading the zone. Sorry if its not the same issue, just read yours and thought it might have a similar solution. Unloading the add-on didn't fix it.
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2017-06-03 16:55:32  
Do you have the sandbox plugin loaded? Sounds like you do, just unload it if you don't multibox.

Also seconding some kind of fix for the half second delay/lag whenever alt tabbing to switch instances.
 Shiva.Malthar
サーバ: Shiva
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2017-06-03 19:04:37  
Who was the sandbox comment for? I do multibox, so I have it loaded.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-06-03 19:32:26  
I was also using an autohotkey scipt to swap between instances, and had this issue start occurring after the last FFXI update.

I've yet to find a way to fix the issue directly, but I do have an alternative.

Ye olde switchmon doesn't seem to be affected by this. Swaps back and forth cleanly still. Might give it a try.
By Excellia 2017-06-04 07:51:47  
Multi-box as well so it's also loaded. But it had always been loaded without issues before. At work atm but I think I'll try to delete all the plugins and addons and get a fresh copy of them. I still have windower blocked from updating after all the macro pallet and crashing issues and haven't heard that its all been fixed yet so still a bit afraid to see if that's the reason.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [97 days between previous and next post]
By wick 2017-09-08 19:58:38  
Anyone find a solution to alt-tab hang/lag?
 Lakshmi.Kingofbastok
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Kingofbastok 2017-09-08 20:18:09  
Do you have always enable gamepad set to off? I think when it's set to off, windower works like vanilla pol in windowed mode and the game would take a few seconds to be responsive again when switching back to it. Idk if that will fix the problem or not, but that's what happened to me before and I think switching the setting to on fixed the issue for me.
By wick 2017-09-08 20:35:02  
It was off, i just changed it to on and their is still lag when alt-tabing. Must be something else you did if you had it and now its gone? Thanks for the try though!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [47 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-10-25 21:14:31  
Bump~

I just resubbed, and now I'm getting this lag/skip anytime an instance of FFXI moves into or out of focus. Driving me nuts. Even does it on alt+Tab.

So far about all I've been able to determine for certain is that windower is causing it. Vanilla POL doesn't get the issue. And I download a fresh windower4, and logged in with no addons/plugins and still had it. So it's not an addon/plugin. It's something core to windower.

The gamepad setting recommended a few posts ago had no affect as well.

Anyone have an insight/solutions?
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-10-25 21:46:10  
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Anyone have an insight/solutions?

Try to use dgVoodoo2, it's been known to sometimes fix problems.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-10-25 22:25:46  
I've been using it. One of my tests was actually removing it to see if it was related to the issue. lol. On the bright side, it wasn't. I really don't want to give it up.
 Carbuncle.Drauni
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Drauni 2017-10-25 22:38:46  
I was just having a similar issue if gamepad was enabled and not in use I get a nasty spike lag, if its disabled no problem, if its enabled and in use no problem. Not sure it helps.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-10-25 22:44:12  
I've tried that one too. No change regardless of the windower gamepad setting. And further more, no difference if I login without a controller plugged in at all.
 Asura.Cair
VIP
user: Minjo
By Asura.Cair 2017-10-26 16:36:03  
To your relief and mine, I haven't found the cause but I believe I have solved the problem.

If you are running -dev launcher you will update to Hook 4.3.3.0

I changed a lot of legacy code that may make things go wrong but hasn't as far as I've seen don't quote me don't kill me, so this new hook will remain on -dev and will not transition to -live until I've gotten a reasonable amount of feedback.

Edit: 4.3.3.2.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-10-26 16:37:13  
Will grab dev when I get home and give it a try.
 Leviathan.Stamos
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-10-26 18:09:12  
I haven't crashed in days with that hook Jinjo, and Windower has run the best it has run since before the creators update.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-10-26 18:45:42  
The lag is gone! Thank you.

However... I'm experiencing some keyboard oddities.

Some keys seem to be triggering both their original functions, and what ever I bind them to.

So far F7~F10 do this. Also had a couple hiccups binding over previous binds had to unbind then rebind to get some to stick

Other weirdness.

Ctrl+V is toggling me between first/3rd person camera.
Ctrl+Y seems to be effectively pressing enter

It sorta seems like it's trying to use the compact keyboard, but my menu settings clearly show I'm using full keyboard...
 Asura.Cair
VIP
By Asura.Cair 2017-10-27 07:05:14  
4.3.3.3 :

* Fixed mouse events
* Fixed bound key combinations reaching the game in part
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-10-27 09:05:17  
Yep, keyboard seems fine now. no other issues so far. But I was only able to test for a minute or two before work.
 Asura.Cair
VIP
By Asura.Cair 2017-10-28 15:49:19  
I'd like to move this over soon since it's an admittedly notable performance gain. Has anyone on dev had any issues at all running 4.3.3.5?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-10-28 20:25:39  
I've had some weird lag spikes, but I don't think that has anything to do with the new hook. I've been messing with dgVoodoo settings. Trying to find a way for the game to look decent and still run at 60fps with two instances. Not having much luck.

Otherwise it's been great, and I haven't noticed any other issues. Did a bunch of ambuscade yesterday with no problems.