フォーラム » FFXI » General » FFXI finally in high quality graphics
FFXI finally in high quality graphics
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 22 23 24
 Leviathan.Stamos
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-11-17 14:21:54  
Any workarounds for taking screenshots in game?
By Squabble 2017-11-17 14:51:48  
Focus on something else and use print screen, or you can just use the snipping tool.
 Sylph.Atigevomega
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Atigevomega 2017-11-26 12:48:01  
Ok so I have received a very significant pc upgrade a few weeks back, went from a laptop with a GT 750m to a desktop with a GTX 970, this was an incredible feeling logging into other games I play like XIV or Diablo 3 and seeing how amazing they can actually look. Here is the thing, over the weekend I went experienced a POL error i have never seen before since i started playing at release. It was i believe error POL-2002 Unable to reserve required memory.... um wtf? This pc at least hardware wise is perfectly fine the gpu has more than enough memor the pc has way more then enough physical memory, being i have experience with dgvoodoo on my laptop was wondering if it could help that possibly an issue with how its transfering it through dx8, dx9, blah blah blah?
 Lakshmi.Sulia
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Sulia
By Lakshmi.Sulia 2017-11-26 15:57:15  
Leviathan.Stamos said: »
Any workarounds for taking screenshots in game?
ReShade has a built in Screenshot tool that still works, if you decide to use that along with dgVoodoo. I have it pointed to save my screenshots to the same place Windower does.
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-11-26 16:37:57  
Sylph.Atigevomega said: »
Ok so I have received a very significant pc upgrade a few weeks back, went from a laptop with a GT 750m to a desktop with a GTX 970, this was an incredible feeling logging into other games I play like XIV or Diablo 3 and seeing how amazing they can actually look. Here is the thing, over the weekend I went experienced a POL error i have never seen before since i started playing at release. It was i believe error POL-2002 Unable to reserve required memory.... um wtf? This pc at least hardware wise is perfectly fine the gpu has more than enough memor the pc has way more then enough physical memory, being i have experience with dgvoodoo on my laptop was wondering if it could help that possibly an issue with how its transfering it through dx8, dx9, blah blah blah?

Set dgVpodoo to pass it 512mb and you should be fine.
 Seraph.Ringoko
サーバ: Seraph
user: appleboy
By Seraph.Ringoko 2017-11-28 14:25:54  

Would anyone happen to know why this would happen? None of the character models are loading in game either.
 Lakshmi.Sulia
user: Sulia
By Lakshmi.Sulia 2017-11-28 14:58:27  
Seraph.Ringoko said: »

Would anyone happen to know why this would happen? None of the character models are loading in game either.
Are you sure you downloaded the correct WIP version? The official version had an issue where it wouldn't load character textures. I think the last one he posted is WIP 38 or 37.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-11-28 15:13:57  
Seraph.Ringoko said: »

Failure to follow directions.
 Seraph.Ringoko
サーバ: Seraph
user: appleboy
By Seraph.Ringoko 2017-11-28 16:53:01  
Thanks, resolved.
 Asura.Symrustar
user: Symrustar
By Asura.Symrustar 2017-11-29 17:44:21  
Hello,
I've been having some issues running dgVoodoo efficiently with multiple instances...
I'm using Windows 10 / GTX 1070 / 8 GB RAM
I'm using windower and multiboxing (2-3 instances)
When launching 1 instance, DGvoodoo2 works perfectly fine! The result is great (w/ VRAM 1054, 1020 x 1080 FPS 60 ish).
However, as soon as I launch the 2nd instance, the first instance's screen freezes (sometimes both). I can still move the characters in game but I can't see a thing as the image froze.
I tried to steadily lower the resolution (from 1920 x 1080 down to 800x600 eventually) with 512 or 256 VRAM. The image still stops.
I downloaded DGvoodooWIP35.zip from this forum.
d3d8.dll is in PoL Folder along with DGvoodooCPL.exe (and therefore the dgVoodoo.conf file).
I don't know what I'm missing.

Thanks for your help!
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-11-29 18:57:01  
Windows 10 and it's unending torrent of pain and suffering. When you have a second instance running do they both freeze or just the first with the second running fine? Try running both at 512MB and have Anti-Aliasing set to application controlled with Filtering set to disabled. Enable fast-memory access and if possible post a screenshot of your settings for the Final Fantasy profile.

It's probably something to do with your graphics drivers but lets see what we can do.
 Asura.Symrustar
By Asura.Symrustar 2017-11-30 07:30:33  
Usually, only the first instance's image freezes. Occasionnally, both do...
[No mipmapping] is ticked in the picture below, but it fails as well when unticked.

Thanks^^
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-11-30 07:43:05  
Try loading windower without addons and extra plugins just to verify it's not one of them causing it.
 Asura.Symrustar
By Asura.Symrustar 2017-11-30 09:59:41  
I tried turning all the plugins and addons off, it didn't work (same issue)

Moreover, I tried to launch 2 instances on the main menu, it worked; I logged in the characters at the same time, and the 2 instances eventually froze after about 10 seconds after being online.
 Fenrir.Jumeya
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2017-11-30 10:18:43  
If the hookups can be resolved, this is the primary solution for anyone using Optimus technology nvidia cards and new hardware that work poorly with old DX. That is until this functionality becomes directly part of windower5, but that might never get out of development. Iirc addon/plug-in framework doesn’t exist but actual graphics packaging/launching vanilla works
 Leviathan.Bigrougabagel
By Leviathan.Bigrougabagel 2017-12-03 12:56:43  
Hey all. I am still working on getting this monster running and I've still got a few items I am struggling with.

First off:

windows 10 laptop, nvidia optimus (*** yeah, kill me)
Running dgvoodoo2 wip35
By monitoring my gpu, I can confirm it is running on the dedicated graphics.
Compilers are unblocked. However I did get a warning when unblocking them, but it seemed to go through and the unblock option is no longer available.

Current issues are:

Text in game in unreadable. I have uncompressed selected in ffxiconfig. I am setting all resolutions in ffxiconfig and windower to 1920x1080. However, when I go back into ffxiconfig after loading the game to bad text, the menu resolution has been reset to ---. Any idea what is causing this?

Game doesnt really appear to be running all that well. It's playable, but still feels clunky when a lot of effects are going off. Is this just the limit of this fix? Are there further measures I can take to boost performance? Dgvoodoo ram set to 1024.

I dont know if this is a problem or not, but most of the guides and recommendations say to load the compiler into syswow64. However, my POL is going to system32 folder for the compiler. I loaded the correct compilers into that folder. Is is a problem that pol is going to the 32x folder?

Any help with this would be appreciated.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-03 17:26:40  
Are you on 32 or 64 bit windows? Sounds like your resolutions are ***. You shouldn't be settings anything in ffxiconfig when using Windower.
 Leviathan.Bigrougabagel
By Leviathan.Bigrougabagel 2017-12-03 18:14:53  
OS is 64 bit. It looks like my POL folder was located in the x86 program files. I am going to move it and see if it starts pulling the 64 bit compiler. Still not sure if this is causing any problems, but shouldnt hurt.

edit: it hurts. Plain POL wont launch now "cannot write to specified destination folder"

My background is 1920x1080, so i set everything in game to 1920x1080. Should I be using something smaller than what my pc resolution is?
 Asura.Sagaxi
user: xXSagaXx
By Asura.Sagaxi 2017-12-23 12:15:04  
Anyone knows/remember whats the name of the "shaders/effects" program that was used in this thread?

Edit: nvm, found it! https://reshade.me/

thanks!
By Blackcoffee 2017-12-24 00:44:27  
Just wanted to say THANK YOU for this. Installed on my laptop without a huge amount of trouble, some issues but all taken care of within an hour or so. Laptop has a nvidia card and is basically unplayable in certain zones (dyna/omen). This fixed it right up, above 25+fps even in those zones now. Life is good.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Sidiov 2018-01-04 22:46:41  
Asura.Symrustar said: »
I tried turning all the plugins and addons off, it didn't work (same issue)

Moreover, I tried to launch 2 instances on the main menu, it worked; I logged in the characters at the same time, and the 2 instances eventually froze after about 10 seconds after being online.
Hey curious if you ever got this figured out. I have dgvoodoo working well on 2 other pc, but recently got a new laptop with a gtx1060 and the second instance always freezes after the character login (or the first instance freezes).
 Sylph.Darkside
サーバ: Sylph
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2018-01-05 13:06:02  
This worked for me for quite awhile on my laptop GTX870m card but had to do a recent upgrade to my Nvidia drivers so I could play Battlefront 2 and now it doesn't push FFXI/POL to my Nvidia Card anymore unless I use a external monitor. I've tried deleting/reinstalling DgVoodoo. Using the graphics processor selection tool to do pol/ffxi and nothing. Only thing that seems to work is hooking up the external monitor. /shrug While it was working it was awesome.
By Guisarme 2018-01-05 19:20:06  
I've tried everything to get this to work and come up with empty handed. I have a 4790k and a 1080ti. Playing at 2560x1440p I get frame drops constantly, whether I am at 60fps or 30fps. I have turned off everything taxing within dgVoodoo and Windower. I can confirm it's using my GPU and that dgVodoo is doing its work as I can see the watermark. I just want to be able to play at a smooth 60fps. Any ideas?
 Lakshmi.Lenus
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2018-01-05 20:30:28  
lol tried this out and it actually made my game run slower
[+]
 Bahamut.Neb
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Neb
By Bahamut.Neb 2018-01-19 14:48:55  
Asura.Symrustar said: »
Usually, only the first instance's image freezes. Occasionnally, both do...
[No mipmapping] is ticked in the picture below, but it fails as well when unticked.

Thanks^^

Anyone know what the best settings are for this ie should you disable and pass through to real direct X or no any help would be appreciated I have tried a few things but not much seems different and logging on and off over and over is getting annoying
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 22 23 24