Frequent Windower Crashes

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Windower » Support » Frequent Windower Crashes
Frequent Windower Crashes
By Peeks 2017-06-26 17:17:00  
I've never had Windower crash prior to this past Saturday, aside from forced CtrlAltDel crashes or launching another game that defaults to fullscreen. Suddenly since Saturday I have been crashing very frequently, upward of 3-4 times per hour.

Things I have tried:
Disabling addons/plugins
dgVoodoo
Developer Windower.exe
Updating Windows
Closing all running programs aside from FFXI
Reinstalling Windower
Repairing files through POL repair option (only 'repaired' the few files XI View replaced)
Running the Sandbox plugin when 2boxing (Crashes are just as frequent when I am only logged into 1 instance of FFXI)

Nothing changed on my PC that I could imagine would cause this problem. No updates of any kind, no recent program installations, no new addons/plugins. The only thing I did differently than I have forever was I started 2boxing a friend's character on Saturday. I don't see how logging into another account would cause this problem, but that is the only difference I can think of. When crashes occur during 2boxing, only 1 character crashes. Sometimes it is the active window, other times it is the one in the background I am afk on. I crash both while playing, and while afk.

The crash log in the Windower4 folder is filled with this, repeating over and over--I assume for every crash. The timestamp is the only change per entry.

The addons I use are:
Autojoin
Battlemod
ConsoleBG
Distance
FindAll
GearSwap
Omen
PetTP
PointWatch
Pouches
RollTracker
Scoreboard
Shortcuts
Temps
Timestamp
TParty
Update

The plugins are:
Config
DelayMeNot
FFXIDB
Timers

I apologize if this is not the proper place to raise this issue I am having. If someone can direct me to the appropriate place, I would be grateful. I've been trying to figure this out for days with the help of my LS. Now that I have no hair left from pulling it out, I've decided to seek assistance here.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2017-06-26 17:55:54  
Not much help here, but my wife is having the same issue. We've tried unloading everything one by one and having no luck. We assumed it was due to her not having an updated copy of windows (which is a whole other can of worms itself) but you've said yours is up to date so there goes that...

Dualboxing /may/ be the issue for you, but when we originally came back (a month or so ago) we had only our main accounts and weren't Dboxing at the time and she was still crashing every ~3 hours. Issue is still present now that our alts are active though.

Wish I could be of assistance now but maybe I can get her crash log on the next crash so we can see if others can help connect the dots.

Edit:

Wife brought up a point that if she logs on both accounts within a ~15 minute interval from each other, that they will crash at the same time.

However if she logs on her Main and waits an hour to log on her alt, that they will crash with an hour in between them.

There may be something to this^ that will help.
By Peeks 2017-06-27 13:32:45  
I'm glad (no offense) that I am not the only one experiencing crashes!

I stopped 2boxing after the first day, when I began crashing over and over. It still occurs when I am only logged into my own account. Sometimes I crash within 15 minutes, other times I can play for hours. I've even left the game overnight and was still connected. I am just at a complete loss, as there is no rhyme or reason I can determine.
By Peeks 2017-06-29 15:02:47  
Did a search for this line in the error:

That came back with a bit about web servers and virtual servers, and a lot to do with Visual Studios and .NET framework.

Anybody have ideas? It's getting to the point that I can't enjoy playing the game. I have a hard time playing integral roles during events, with this crash causing me to be unreliable.
By Jetackuu 2017-06-29 15:16:02  
Silly question, mostly because I don't feel like reading all of that and it's simple. Are you running windower as admin?

Like this:

By Peeks 2017-06-29 15:25:46  
Yes.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2017-06-29 16:42:43  
Turn the Sandbox plugin on. I use it to fix chat log issues when dual boxing. Scrolling too far in the chat log crashes Windower. Edit, nevermind I see you've tried already.

If it keeps happening, try running Ashita instead of Windower.
 Fenrir.Cariboulou
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cariboulou 2017-06-29 22:04:26  
Yea give ashita a shot. I rarely crash using it.
By Jetackuu 2017-06-30 08:00:27  
I would go to the windower forums and submit a bug report, there's instructions on that. It sounds rather system specific as obviously not everyone is having the same issue.
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-06-30 08:55:56  
The log you posted is a launcher crash and completely unrelated to ingame crashes. Also, it is completely by chance that I saw this. We have an issue tracker here -- https://github.com/Windower/Issues -- where you can also read the instructions that will allow us to look into your crash.

Without a crash dump, the likelihood of a crash being fixed is near-zero.
 Asura.Pobleraud
サーバ: Asura
user: pobls
By Asura.Pobleraud 2017-07-09 10:27:22  
I've had 3 crashes so far today. As I lauched wind0wer, it did some updates, then loaded regularly. Attached is a link for the 2 most recent dumps created. Any help is appreciated and thanks for all you guys do!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mievq46rurv67jw/AACBe3QGiAhF_51H_eQ46oMsa?dl=0
 Sylph.Kodachikuno
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Kodachikuno 2017-07-31 20:57:40  
I am trying to fix my issues. How do I submit on github I think I submitted it. Here is a link to my crash log

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9v0nlud5um2j21r/pol.exe.3208.dmp?dl=0