Failing To Add New Account Despite Correct Details

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Tech Support » Failing to add new account despite correct details
Failing to add new account despite correct details
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-07-01 13:32:52  
Hey, I'm trying to add an account to a different computer. I've put in the right details for the Member Name, Playonline ID, Password, and SquareEnix ID on two separate computers to the laptop which it works on .. and it tells me I have an incorrect Playonline ID or password. I've tried this multiple times to no avail.

The only difference I see is the Playonline ID on the laptop is faded out so it cannot be changed. That tells me it's recognized, but I can't get the same thing to happen on the other systems. Has anyone else had a problem like this? Rest assured I am typing the right details.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-07-01 13:44:54  
Update: As I'm doing this for my dad, I decided to try my own account on his system and it worked right away. So strange. His still fails.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-07-01 13:52:33  
Update2: In the details on the account which works .. it says his password has 9 characters (in the settings) when it actually has 11. When I try add passwords on other systems it shows the full 11. I believe this is the problem, but I'm not sure why it only shows 9 characters on the Playonline which works .. it doesn't make any sense to me.

I'd have taken this to SE support but they are damn near useless and I can't get phone or chat support at this time. I don't have time to be waiting on them to email me back. Any help on this would be sweet. Luckily I was able to log on his main PC with my account just to get the long update started. (his PC failed lately and I had to reinstall his OS)