Monthly PvP Tournament! (Asura)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Monthly PvP Tournament! (Asura)
Monthly PvP Tournament! (Asura)
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-07-19 06:43:59  
you could use zone timer(addon) so you don't have to guess seconds during the buff phase. it displays current amount of time in zone down to the seconds. so if u told them to start buffing at HH:MM:05 then it ends at HH:MM:35 after. i believe there is a stop watch addon to but never used it and zone timer would fix ur problem u were having

i take it the first video posted the 2nd person wasn't lvl 99 were they?
 Asura.Dasoccer
user: dasoccer
By Asura.Dasoccer 2017-07-19 07:23:15  
Asura.Chiaia said: »

i take it the first video posted the 2nd person wasn't lvl 99 were they?

You are correct. He wanted to join for fun.
 Asura.Warusha
user: Serithus
By Asura.Warusha 2017-07-19 08:17:45  

Can you adjust your filters so people can see spells, damage, abilities? Also if you're not opposed to it, running partybuffs would allow people to see active buffs for both participants. Obviously I don't plan on using that add-on as a competitor, but it would probably make the match easier to parse for viewers.
By Blazed1979 2017-07-19 10:37:21  
><
Where are the RDMs, the PLD/DRKs, the RNG/RDMs, the SAM/RDMs, BRD/NINs?
Also how the heck did that WHM go down so fast?
Stoneskin yourself/phalanx/spikes/blink. Repose your enemy, debuff them to hell and Kite with Dots on.

Does none of that work now with Ilvl gear?
 Asura.Queenforever
By Asura.Queenforever 2017-07-19 11:39:18  
I wish i could have done this but as i said id be away no internet 8 ish days. I was routing for the taru lol, as this char taru, but it's all abit of fun. I'd probably never live it down the way i am id make a *** of myself, but i do that all the time anyways lol. I may get to see another match before im away goodluck to you all and enjoy;D
 Asura.Dasoccer
By Asura.Dasoccer 2017-07-19 18:51:00  
Congrats to Warusha for advancing!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-19 21:36:12  
Where you guys at? I'm online for my match and nobody is here!
[+]
 Sylph.Gades
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Gades 2017-07-19 22:00:11  
A long time ago, I once participated in the ballista Royale, on the Sylph server mind you. I have continued to play for a number of years. I have a character on Asura. Normally I play with the JP folks from time to time, as they have rules and such (like cant use BLM, RDM and such, no food, only healer buffs, etc). Then again it was 60 cap. Sometime I should stop by, help set up something or even join in, see if I still got it.
[+]
 Asura.Dasoccer
By Asura.Dasoccer 2017-07-20 03:05:21  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Brackets are out. I try to hit you and your opponent up each time I am on. Feel free to hit him up as well and let me know if you guys set a time that works and I will hop on then.
 Asura.Dasoccer
By Asura.Dasoccer 2017-07-20 04:11:23  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKUvUPYWi84

Eko vs. Warusha
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-20 09:02:44  
Asura.Dasoccer said: »

Brackets are out. I try to hit you and your opponent up each time I am on. Feel free to hit him up as well and let me know if you guys set a time that works and I will hop on then.

We agreed to last night after 10 est, but nobody was on. I'll talk it over with Aza and see if we can get it squared away today.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-20 09:06:32  

We agreed to last night after 10 est, but nobody was on. I'll talk it over with Aza and see if we can get it squared away today.
Welcome to Asura.

Now, here's your ointment for the butthurt you will receive. Here's also a free coupon to stay at one of our many troll hotels. Sorry that they are all under bridges.

Enjoy your stay.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-20 09:55:01  

There needs to be clarification on tp swapping weapons after a fight. I agree with it, but keep in mind there are some items on the game that give regain, so it shouldn't be confused with that. If you are using regain items in your idle set, or even meditate, shouldn't be penalized for that during the pre buffing period.

I only mention it because you said "we don't want any tp carrying over to the next fight." Don't make me lose my meditate.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-07-20 10:07:01  
The way he seems to be doing it is you start fresh each round so if your mediate isn't ready as a buff when he says buffing go then oh well you don't have it that round. Since meds are allowed as a buff item then tp wing and the regain drink would have to be used in the buffing stage. As for the items it seems you would have to swap them on as he calls buff go and then be locked for 10s~ do to the way it works in there. Idle regen and refresh aren't helping prebuff since he wants peopel at 100% before calling buffs so neither should idle regain imo.

Now what I haven't like is sometimes there 2 mins of down time and sometimes 5 which kinda makes it unfair for people riding JA timers makes it smart to either limit your opponents down time or try and increase your own down time. This is also why idle regain is a bad idea to be allowed to build up since there is a variable amount of time between fights.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-20 10:14:37  
I mean from the videos I've watched so far, its been pretty much mages and some pretty substandard swinging and killing. Timers haven't been an issue.

If it's going to be a true 3/5 series, then JAs should just reset after each fight (not including the silly high timer ones). If we aren't waiting for that, then it already sets up for unfair matches no matter which way you look at it.

But for an item like Karieyh ring, Reikiko, Wakido head+3 or Valorous Head, you take it off until he says its buffing time, then equip? Is that correct? Also, the 10s lockout is probably inconsequential if you run far away enough back to compensate for that time.

I don't know, just from watching these videos The questions keep coming up.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-07-20 10:15:41  
I don't know, just from watching these videos The questions keep coming up.
If it's going to be a true 3/5 series, then JAs should just reset after each fight (not including the silly high timer ones). If we aren't waiting for that, then it already sets up for unfair matches no matter which way you look at it.
100% agree

But also hes streaming this on twitch and I'm sure people don't want to wait 10 mins between matches. This would be the fair wait imo almost every JA resets in 10 mins save 1h and like Random Deal. 1hours should be limited to once(each 1h on it's own) per set though even if you're allowed 10 mins between matches and you actually got to the 5th match and last long enough to use your 1hours again.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-20 10:19:55  
It looks like the only logical way of doing this is to not allow regain items. Because if they are only allowed 30s prior to fighting, you essentially lose 10 seconds worth of buffing, which could be critical.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-07-20 10:27:54  
idk regain gear in this case I would count as a buff and its one with a heavy penalty 10s~ of no other buffs you can do. your call if you think its worth it in the end for that regain and whatever other stats the gear may carry for you
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-20 10:34:40  
Icarus wing and come out swinging like men. I want a clean fight. No regain items. No Quick Draw. No TP carryover from the previous fight. No excess buffing. Got it?

FIGHT!
 Odin.Umopepisdn
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Umopepisdn 2017-07-20 12:31:28  
I took my regain gear of and penalized myself during buff phase.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-07-23 22:17:02  
Buuki vs Azagarth was the best set I've seen so far and I was the only one there to see it.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-23 22:17:50  
Azagarth wins 3-1 or 3-2, I forget, but he wins and advances.

Grats.
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-07-23 22:51:45  
ls vs ls sounds most fun
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-07-24 03:08:10  
Asura.Azagarth said: »
ls vs ls sounds most fun

lets do it!
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-07-24 09:39:05  
Some of the videos were interesting to watch.

Word to the wise: Run like hell if you see Warusha activate Elemental Seal.
[+]
 Asura.Dasoccer
By Asura.Dasoccer 2017-07-26 15:04:59  
Mewwgoat advances!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1oU_K7StMA&feature=youtu.be
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki