日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Windower » Support » Stops responding when switching from pol for xi
Stops responding when switching from pol for xi
 Odin.Godofgods
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-09-04 21:32:37  
my windower resolution on this comp is set at 1422x822. Designed so it fits my screen perfectly in a bordered windowed mode. Perfectly that is if it were to start at the top of the screen. Instead the whole thing is shifted down a little bit.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-09-04 21:38:48  
Jetackuu said: »
maximize the window?
For some reason i hate having my windows maximized on anything. Im goofy like that. Id rather keep my pages in normal window and drag it to full screen.
By Jetackuu 2017-09-05 08:15:25  
It doesn't start at the top because that's not the top of that resolution. Meh.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-09-05 09:30:33  
what do you mean its not the top of the resolution?
If i drag it back up a little, it then fits my screen perfectly. Its a little hard to see in that style, but the bottom of the game screen overlaps the menu bar across the bottom. If i could get it to start an inch higher on the screen, at its current size, then everything would be perfect, in this regard.

edit: little harder to see, but this is when its dragged up that small amount. It fits like it should.
By Jetackuu 2017-09-05 10:09:21  
The resolution you have it set to is not the resolution of the screen. I can think of a few ways to "fix" it but none that would work through a double passthrough in the way that windower>pol>ffxi work. I have an idea that would get around it, but it's a lot of extra work and kind of pointless just to resolve that (and it's my go to), run in a VM and have it set to fullscreen mode, lock the vm to a set resolution, etc.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-09-05 14:30:49  
yea, the game reso is slightly smaller then the monitor reso. 1422x822 vs 1440x900. I did that just to make it a better fit to my liking.
By Jetackuu 2017-09-05 15:30:19  
Enable auto-hide taskbar and make it the normal resolution? I don't know what to tell you man, if it weren't for fiddling with other things while running the game I'd make all mine fullscreen >.>
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-09-05 15:42:08  
its no big deal. Just personal preference and a minor annoyance.
I did the same thing with the game reolution vs monitor resolution on my XP desktop as well (difference size monitor). Altered that one so it would fit the same way i wanted this one to. And XP comp game loads up just fine at the top. So i have no idea why they each load up differently.
Buts its just a curiosity. No big deal. As long as i have the actual game running now!
By Jetackuu 2017-09-05 18:32:21  
Yeah, how'd you fix that?
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-09-05 19:48:03  
Odin.Godofgods said: »
well this is a bit bazaar..

Iv had no luck getting this to work. I havnt even bothered the last couple days because i had no new ideas. Well i loaded up the ssd today. I went to ffxi (desktop icon) and clicked on Troubleshoot compatibility and saved the recommended chances (which iv done before). Then i did the same thing to the windower icon (which iv done before). Then clicked on ffxi icon Run as administrator then exited out (which iv done before). Then the same thing on windower (which iv done before.

All of which iv done before (if u havnt guessed yet.) But it loaded up all the way into the game. I was shocked. So i loged out of the game and tried it again by just clicking on the windower icon (not going through all that). Wasnt sure if all that settings would save each time, or if starting up was some anomaly or.. what ever. But it loaded up again. So i restart computer entirely and tried it again. And it loaded up.

So it seems to suddenly be working.. I dont know why. But it is. And ill gladly accept that.

The only other thing i can think of is my virus software. It was on trial version on my ssd since i hadnt switched the license over from my hhd yet. Wanted to get everything working first. Now the trial is expired. But i had previously tried shutting down all virus software to start windower up and it made no difference; still had error. So i still have no idea.