users online
フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » Adding Master Trial Weapons To Profiles
Adding Master Trial Weapons To Profiles
First Page 2
 Asura.Avallon
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Avallon 2017-09-08 14:11:50  
I'm not sure if this has been brought up before but I was curious what the technical requirements would be to add Master Trial weapons to player profiles along with a designated point value for them.

Aphelion Knuckles (119) Irradiance Blade (119) Fermion Sword (119)

At first glance it seems it would just be a matter of adding the graphic and the coding to the REMA structure, but I'm sure there's more to it than that.

This isn't a huge deal, but I think it would be fun to add for those who've taken the time and effort to clear them. As if Rooks didn't have enough to do, right? :S
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Camlann
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Camlann 2017-09-08 23:00:42  
Why the (119)? Thought they were level 1?
[+]
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-09-09 00:21:48  
Ragnarok.Camlann said: »

This is a great question. The thought process behind this was assuming that each REMA has an associated ilevel with it (whether through Trials or by finished product at max level). Even though the MT weapons are level 1, it seems that somehow adding them to player profiles would require an ilevel designation due to how the the Admins here designed the code.
By Darksparksnot 2017-09-09 01:24:03  
Point system still works?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-09-09 03:15:03  
Who cares?
[+]
By Felgarr 2017-09-09 06:25:42  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Who cares?

...because this game's community is it's greatest asset?
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2017-09-09 08:12:40  
Asura.Avallon said: »

This is a great question. The thought process behind this was assuming that each REMA has an associated ilevel with it (whether through Trials or by finished product at max level). Even though the MT weapons are level 1, it seems that somehow adding them to player profiles would require an ilevel designation due to how the the Admins here designed the code.

Nah. That got bolted on later after there were multiple levels to weapons, to differentiate.

Anyway, this isn't a bad idea. I'll have to think up a point value for them, but seeing as I've not done the master trials, I have no idea how hard they actually are.
[+]
By Felgarr 2017-09-09 08:26:20  
Rooks said: »

Nah. That got bolted on later after there were multiple levels to weapons, to differentiate.

Anyway, this isn't a bad idea. I'll have to think up a point value for them, but seeing as I've not done the master trials, I have no idea how hard they actually are.

A flat point value 10,000 per weapon should work. They are a cool accomplishment but not worth as much as a single REMA weapon, but more than a single job being Mastered.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-09-09 08:55:24  
Anything earned with SMN should only be worth 1 point.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Camlann
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Camlann 2017-09-09 09:48:37  
While looking at points, please check on fixing points calculation for Ochain and Daurdabla. Achievement points motivate me, and it's so nice to see the progression in this manner.
[+]
By Afania 2017-09-09 10:15:25  
Anything earned with SMN should only be worth 1 point.

I'm not aware of a sealed fate winning strategy without SMN so inc 1 point for everyone's knuckles! (It's considered the hardest BC of all 3 by many people, btw. So 1 point for one of the hardest fight in game yeahhhhh)
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2017-09-09 10:20:31  
Before implenting something new, they should work on making the broken things work - imho, because community cares and such.

Since ppl use time and effort to get those things. Hello to you Ochain and Harp.
[+]
By Felgarr 2017-09-09 10:42:30  
Asura.Azriel said: »
Before implenting something new, they should work on making the broken things work - imho, because community cares and such.

Since ppl use time and effort to get those things. Hello to you Ochain and Harp.

Totally agree.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-09-09 10:46:28  
Rooks said: »

Pretty tough to place them. On one hand, they are technically the hardest content and I can see how that should make them worth more than a mythic/ergon, which is glorified grinding. You can't even buy h2h trial wins yet, for gil or $. Gsword and Sword cost more to buy than a full mythic worth of alex. I can see a pretty good argument for valuing them higher than any of the RMEA weapons.

However, they've also been severely nerfed since release by way of giving players huge gear improvements for little work. Sword is trivial to anyone who is up to date, and GSword requires some luck but is still not anything a competent group of 6 up to date players should spend more than a day on. I can't personally speak of how h2h fight goes since the GEO nerf, but it used to be just a matter of keeping up a cycle all fight.. which was incredibly simple, albeit very high on the gear requirement.

That said, my recommendation would be to go on the high end of the point scale, maybe 40,000. If people feel they're worth too much in relation to the RMEA weapons, maybe we'll see a rise in groups challenging them and acquiring the weapons. Can always reduce value later if it becomes too common.
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2017-09-09 10:58:13  
Or we could just scratch every value for REMA since 2 are obviously not working :D And make 1M points for each of those oh so hard advertised fights.
By Afania 2017-09-09 11:04:33  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
You can't even buy h2h trial wins yet, for gil or $. Gsword and Sword cost more to buy than a full mythic worth of alex. I can see a pretty good argument for valuing them higher than any of the RMEA weapons.

The amount of points can never accurately reflect the amount of work involved in getting these weapons, lol. Maybe the closest thing you can do is to reduce the point as it goes. A relic obtained in 75 era is significantly more work than 2017.

Also if you go with a couple of experienced people for aeonic or MT weapons, it'd be MUCH easier than trying with 6 completely inexperienced player. It's not uncommon to see people get their aeonic or MT weapon in 1 evening of playing just because some people in the team has experience, it is also not uncommon to see people trying to get win for weeks because no one in their group has experience.

It took me 2~3 years of work and painful grind to finish my mythic when I started in 2010~2011, with experienced people it took me 3hr of work to get the knuckle. No way the knuckle worth more than the mythic for me, personally.

That being said, creating incentive for these BC is a good thing, since it extends game's life span.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-09-09 11:12:00  
I would argue that the 3hr of effort for your knuckles was an afterthought, and keeping your character fully up to date to the point you were prepared for that 3hr was the work.

Sure, you can be carried if you have a strong enough group or throw gil, but that's true of anything in the game. Realistically, to be geared and coordinated at the level you provide an equal contribution is quite the accomplishment on it's own. Someone just returning can decide to sink their gameplay time into any RME and finish it in sparks gear, even aeonics are pretty simple to get with mercenary groups on nearly every server and beads soloable.
[+]
By Afania 2017-09-09 11:18:05  
I would argue that the 3hr of effort for your knuckles was an afterthought

It's more like fitting in a already functional machine instead of building one from the start. But if you're doing a point system for everyone, you can't really tell if that person is the one who take their time to build the machine from the start or not.

and keeping your character fully up to date to the point you were prepared for that 3hr was the work.

I wouldn't consider gearing a job that I'm already gearing regardless BC exist or not is work :p It's not like aeonic NM that everyone just gear BLM in 2016 or SMN in 2017 just to get aeonics.

Sure, you can be carried if you have a strong enough group or throw gil, but that's true of anything in the game. Realistically, to be geared and coordinated at the level you provide an equal contribution is quite the accomplishment on it's own.

Well, not every job requires equal gear to contribue a well. The reason why people merc MT weapons because some jobs are leeches *cough* *COR*

Anyways, my point is, theres no way to have an objective value for these weapons because everyone has different circumstances.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-09-09 11:23:21  
You raise good points, but the fact is you went through the process of gearing your jobs, making flexible sets, etc. As is, that isn't really recognized by the system. Allowing a significant point score to be allotted through MTs is essentially giving you points for your player ability.

Sure, some people may get them without deserving it. But, think about how many people get RMEAs without deserving them. If you want to begrudge points because they can be gamed, you'd have to take out pretty much everything.

Keep in mind that at the top level of scoring, people are sitting on every relic/emp/aeonic.. adding a significant value makes them[MT weapons] mandatory for someone striving to be #1, and they certainly are something that you'd expect the truly #1 player to have no difficulty with.

Nobody is arguing against 36,000 for a mythic, even though an obscene amount of those mythics are made by chinese RMT. Aeonics are 36,000 points, but a player with significantly less capability than required for MT can cap beads and make an Aeonic in less than 12 hours. Obviously, time isn't the only criteria worth considering, or Aeonics need a severe reduction.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Cherylin
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Cherylinn
By Quetzalcoatl.Cherylin 2017-09-09 11:26:30  
I just wish you could see your rank/points if your character was added after the SE linkshell community went down. I agree, it was motivating.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-09-09 11:32:56  
Quetzalcoatl.Cherylin said: »
I just wish you could see your rank/points if your character was added after the SE linkshell community went down. I agree, it was motivating.

Pre sparks/rhapsodies it *was motivating.

*was because it 'mattered' slightly

'mattered' because it never mattered but at least took some "effort"

"effort" defined as actual time playing

TL:DR points don't do or mean anything anymore. Everything should be a 1 or 0 you either have it or you don't. with an asterisk for all things involving SMN
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-09 12:03:20  
If we're adding points for these then add points for the +1 Adoulin rings. The amount of effort required to get those easily exceeds MT fights, which coincidentally are being sold by the poster of this thread.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/50504/soiree-wts-aeonic-clears-omen-mercs-telos

Quote:
Master Trials
Fermion Sword - 250m
Irradiance Blade - 400m

Making those worth a lot of points sure would drive business in their direction.
[+]
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-09-09 12:50:57  
I love that a significant portion of the posters in this thread:

a) Are SMN haters from a 6 month old bandwagon topic looking to derail this thread. It's amazing that you guys can continue to associate a completely irrelevant subject matter with the original idea of this thread.

b) Don't have any Master Trial weapons and are trying to derail this thread by implying a non-existent correlation with my idea and mercenary services.

c) Are trolls to begin with.

d) All of the above.

To those offering support of the idea, thank you! And I appreciate Rooks initial insight about the idea being do-able.
[+]
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2017-09-09 12:57:26  
Those who have a market are successful and smart.

Business owners are the most successful people in this world and in RL. I'm not one myself but hope to be.

Stop being jelly..

I fully support this. It will drive *more encouragement for people to tackle these. They are very tough fights.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-09-09 13:02:52  
a) Are SMN haters from a 6 month old bandwagon topic looking to derail this thread. It's amazing that you guys can continue to associate a completely irrelevant subject matter with the original idea of this thread.
The level to which SMN is broken makes it relevant to literally everything. The fact it's gone on this long has ruined any semblance of remaining balance in the game, the vast majority of you and your linkshell's gear was funded by what's barely more than an exploit. The level to which it trivializes content is unprecedented. Maybe the comments are a bit out of place, but it's certainly not irrelevant subject matter.

Asura.Avallon said:
b) Don't have any Master Trial weapons and are trying to derail this thread by implying a non-existent correlation with my idea and mercenary services.

c) Are trolls to begin with.

d) All of the above.
As far as this nonsense, attempting to marginalize everyone who disagrees with you is a pitiful way of supporting your argument. This is coming from someone who agrees with you, maybe consider acting like an adult and supporting your argument instead of slinging mud.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-09-09 13:02:53  
If it weren't someone from Soiree suggesting this it wouldn't be so obvious. Instead of just stupid.

If you want people to do (pay you for) master trials, convince square to make them worth while. Don't prey on insecurities and stupidity of Ah and the point system.
[+]
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-09-09 13:03:06  
If this idea becomes a breeding ground in adding a point system for other items in the game or fixing existing items then so be it, but please stop derailing this thread. It's about one thing only - whether adding Master Trial weapons to player profiles is possible.
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-09-09 13:04:09  
If it weren't someone from Soiree suggesting this it wouldn't be so obvious. Instead of just stupid.

If you want people to do (pay you for) master trials, convince square to make them worth while. Don't prey on insecurities and stupidity of Ah and the point system.

Who the hell are you? Why does my LS have anything at all to do with THIS thread? What part of "please don't derail this thread" is incomprehensible to you?
 Quetzalcoatl.Cherylin
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Cherylinn
By Quetzalcoatl.Cherylin 2017-09-09 13:53:43  
So strict.
First Page 2