フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Escutcheons final stage
Escutcheons final stage
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21
 Sylph.Takutu
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Tickooo
By Sylph.Takutu 2017-09-23 22:01:48  
I made a super quick addon for Ashita that tracks spirit. Doesn't do anything super fancy, basically just reads the chat message and keeps a running total. It displays it on screen, and remembers the running total between loads. Only commands are for toggling visibility, and resetting the total. Shouldn't really have to mess with any of the config at the top, but if you do want to change the font family etc, you can.

I don't use Windower, but this wouldn't take someone long to convert it. It's very basic, and very well commented.

For anyone interested: https://github.com/ProjectTako/ffxi-addons/blob/master/spirittracker/ashita/spirittracker.lua
[+]
By Boshi 2017-09-23 23:38:43  
[+]
By Felgarr 2017-09-24 00:52:52  
Sylph.Takutu said: »
I made a super quick addon for Ashita that tracks spirit. Doesn't do anything super fancy, basically just reads the chat message and keeps a running total. It displays it on screen, and remembers the running total between loads. Only commands are for toggling visibility, and resetting the total. Shouldn't really have to mess with any of the config at the top, but if you do want to change the font family etc, you can.

I don't use Windower, but this wouldn't take someone long to convert it. It's very basic, and very well commented.

For anyone interested: https://github.com/ProjectTako/ffxi-addons/blob/master/spirittracker/ashita/spirittracker.lua

Thank you for sharing this.
 Fenrir.Celdwn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: celdwn
By Fenrir.Celdwn 2017-09-24 11:30:31  
Leviathan.Stamos said: »
Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
The worst part, is only people on the shield stage are able to make them. (besides getting lucky and getting one from the goblin box)

Yeah. And, not many people that are on the last stage are going to farm these and put them up on the AH.

why not? I look forward to financing my white box abjurations on the backs of the people that make them so expensive.
[+]
By Boshi 2017-09-24 13:56:15  
You need to be on final stage with 100% crsftmanship to be able to farm them
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-09-24 22:27:50  
So, people are paying 1m for darkness spheres.

I lawled pretty damn hard.
[+]
 Leviathan.Stamos
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-09-26 19:51:22  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
So, people are paying 1m for darkness spheres.

I lawled pretty damn hard.

People are trying to do that on Leviathan. Selling to themselves for 1m.
 Shiva.Cahota
サーバ: Shiva
user: cahota420
By Shiva.Cahota 2017-09-27 15:02:34  
so was wondering since these spheres are for every craft, does the skill + gear even help get HQ spheres when crafting? have had horrible luck getting HQ.
 Asura.Xenomorph
By Asura.Xenomorph 2017-09-27 15:15:34  
Behaves a lot like desynth. Have used moglification: Desynth and noticed a slightly better success rate. That + Kitron or Rusk should help out.
 Shiva.Cahota
サーバ: Shiva
user: cahota420
By Shiva.Cahota 2017-09-27 15:32:45  
yea use that. its still pretty bad, was hoping something else to help, ty though.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-09-28 11:43:02  
Anyone have any skillchains they want to share?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-09-28 12:05:43  
I know that at this stage of the game, most of us are often just happy to have something to do....but I just can't imagine doing anything on this shield past the 100% craftsmanship...as has been pointed out, the time/gil sink could be spent to get me an entire set of Ea+1 and Oshosi+1...which is going to be a better move in the long-run?
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-09-28 12:20:53  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
I know that at this stage of the game, most of us are often just happy to have something to do....but I just can't imagine doing anything on this shield past the 100% craftsmanship...as has been pointed out, the time/gil sink could be spent to get me an entire set of Ea+1 and Oshosi+1...which is going to be a better move in the long-run?
Well, That would assume you Make a new character and level all subs and main to cap, do shield to +2 and make those 2 sets and it will still be cheaper than doing shield.
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2017-09-28 12:22:02  

Long-run? Crafting is always the best choice. Ea +1 is awesome but apart from Zerde what BLM burst content is there? Oshosi+1 is in a similar situation although if you get enough like-minded people I am sure you can do more than 1 T4 RNG style.

That being said... I haven't started my craftchains phase yet. I am not particularly interested in being the one that "figures" it out.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-09-28 12:40:03  
Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
Well, That would assume you Make a new character and level all subs and main to cap, do shield to +2 and make those 2 sets and it will still be cheaper than doing shield.

I'm talking even just farming the gil and buying those sets. Still think I'd come out ahead.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-09-28 12:40:58  
Asura.Fiasko said: »

Long-run? Crafting is always the best choice. Ea +1 is awesome but apart from Zerde what BLM burst content is there? Oshosi+1 is in a similar situation although if you get enough like-minded people I am sure you can do more than 1 T4 RNG style.

That being said... I haven't started my craftchains phase yet. I am not particularly interested in being the one that "figures" it out.

For years I've agreed with you, that crafting is the best long-term choice. I don't know if I think that way considering the investment requirement, and the benefits, in particular, to my personal craft (clothcraft).
 Asura.Queenforever
By Asura.Queenforever 2017-09-28 12:55:31  
I think im just a glutton for punishment as im doing the spheres stuff at the moment, but in me own time as the pure mass farming of sphere's and them exploding all the time can do ur head in lol, but now i have a target ish through this thread to work to one way or another il get there... I am though i have to add abit obsessed with crafting and rather stubborn so that helps. I'm weird in the sense im doing it because just because i want the end shied i then have rather alot of mules on level 2 shields, but i prob will have a break or break down by then and go back to finishing me almace lol lol
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-09-28 13:06:55  
I can't even imagine someone being crazy enough to work on this stage. Do you realize how utterly ridiculous it is?

We're talking a minimum of like 3 months of pure nothing but crafting, and if you do it semi casually, over a year.

The mobs for something like Papyrus are so spread out and so slow to repop just the running from mob to mob and having to drop to the bottom and exit back to the top would drive a sane player bat ***crazy.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-09-28 13:36:44  
Asura.Queenforever said: »
I think im just a glutton for punishment as im doing the spheres stuff at the moment, but in me own time as the pure mass farming of sphere's and them exploding all the time can do ur head in lol, but now i have a target ish through this thread to work to one way or another il get there... I am though i have to add abit obsessed with crafting and rather stubborn so that helps. I'm weird in the sense im doing it because just because i want the end shied i then have rather alot of mules on level 2 shields, but i prob will have a break or break down by then and go back to finishing me almace lol lol

Well like I said, there really isn't a lot left in the game that's a true grind, so I do understand that there is a vocal minority like yourself out there. I think, however, that for the first time I won't be part of it.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-09-28 13:41:13  
Asura.Eiryl said: »

The mobs for something like Papyrus are so spread out and so slow to repop just the running from mob to mob and having to drop to the bottom and exit back to the top would drive a sane player bat ***crazy.
Then just farm Frayed Arrow for those Spheres
By Chimerawizard 2017-09-28 13:41:43  
Trying to get an LS member who's on that stage to make materials into an LS event.
Everyone else farms fetich to keep treasure pool full with him as quartermaster. he just spam crafts.
Then he gets to spend all his free time doing craft chains in port jeuno all day.

He was not keen on the idea.
 Asura.Queenforever
By Asura.Queenforever 2017-09-28 14:03:14  
Chimerawizard said: »
Trying to get an LS member who's on that stage to make materials into an LS event.
Everyone else farms fetich to keep treasure pool full with him as quartermaster. he just spam crafts.
Then he gets to spend all his free time doing craft chains in port jeuno all day.

Well i am obsessed with crafting as i say so i would have taken you up on that lol.

I have list chains etc and know what i need farm and where, so il plug away at it. Its only pointless if you dont enjoy it and dont really realllyyyy want whats at the end. I love crafting in any sense and dont mind farming, its just the mass fail on making spheres sometimes annoys me.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-09-28 14:07:20  
Chimerawizard said: »

Even if you were paying me an hourly salary in cash to do it, I wouldn't be either lol. This should've been a server wide effort thing, raise 2 million spirit and the HQ rate for everything goes up 1% for everyone. Til like "maximum static amount" is gained.

So, how does this work with the cooking shield, lol...

The cooking shield should be about 1/20th the amount of spirit... I'd be willing to bet there will never be a cooking shield at this stage, ever. Realistically I don't think you could ever break even with the cost of the spheres and the time wasted.
 Leviathan.Choisya
user: Choisya
By Leviathan.Choisya 2017-09-28 14:11:00  
I'm with Queen on the crafting obsession, all crafts 110 and all shields stage 3 (apart from cooking) but i will only finish 1 shield. No way am i going through this with them all !!!
 Asura.Queenforever
By Asura.Queenforever 2017-09-28 14:21:08  
I'm mad enough do one but yeah even il be pulling my hair out by the end, luckily i have alot of hair lol... and if i need a break i have 2 crafts still 100 n 106 so i know what il be doing lol...amongst other things.
 Asura.Omgwhy
By Asura.Omgwhy 2017-09-28 15:18:20  
Asura.Fiasko said: »

Why only 1 T4 RNG style: there is Schah, Vini, Alb. that we kill RNG style.
zerde blm
Telos mele
Sandworm war
Erin. thf + mew
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-09-28 15:19:32  
vini is easier with blms than rngs, and albumen is easier with melee than rngs

never mind that if you've hopped on smn bandwagon you use that for everything

this thread is supposed to be about synth shield and how stupid it is to actually finish it instead of waiting 6 months for them to nerf it into something trivial, though
 Fenrir.Snaps
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-09-28 15:57:41  
I don't have much hope for any adjustment in difficulty. Their style has always been to wait to adjust difficulty until it's been far too long. That said, the change to HQ rate bonus gear is a huge adjustment. So I guess be thankful for that?
By clearlyamule 2017-09-28 16:59:58  
Fenrir.Snaps said: »
I don't have much hope for any adjustment in difficulty. Their style has always been to wait to adjust difficulty until it's been far too long. That said, the change to HQ rate bonus gear is a huge adjustment. So I guess be thankful for that?
Yeah basically wait till someone has finished or is close to finished lol.

Problem with the HQ rate bonus is half the awesomeness of it is locked up in this shield :(.
 Leviathan.Stamos
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-09-28 17:13:41  
I'm sure this Lvloo person on Leviathan has to be close. Every time I look he is in the same place farming.
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21