users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Escutcheons final stage
Escutcheons final stage
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 19 20 21
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-10-13 13:03:03  
Ill recheck tonight the time window you mention, im almost sure you cant infinitely chain if you repeat an element but ill test it out with wind > stone > wind as fast as i can and see what happens.

Im usually playing 2 chars and sometimes it takes me 30+ seconds to apply the next step so i dont know how accurate the time frame for craftchaining is, i usually do the 4 step or 6 step without problem this way but as i said, ill test it all tonight and report.
By Smokenttp 2017-10-13 13:28:53  
yeah i am pretty sure an similar system is in play , skill chains tends to start at 10 secounds windows and lose 1 secound at each new chain aplied becoming virtually impossible to continue due to the speed wich you can grab tp (wich tends to be around the 5ish step, it is possible to continue if you do something like sam 1 hour for exemple but the timing becomes more and more strict). with the craft chain you probably start with an higher window but the amount of time you lose with each sucessfull chain also is higher at least that is how i think its currently rolling but the starting window is 100% less then a 1 minute that i am sure, if we assume like an starting 40 secounds window losing like 3-5 secounds per chain it does become pretty tight once it gets around 5-6 step also when this timer starts (before / during / after the animation) is another important test factor however i am pretty unsure in how to test this one
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-10-13 14:08:53  
Btw related to sphere farming, what's your best spot to farm transfixion spheres Smokenttp?? its the worse one for me so far, all the spots i checked following wiki have very low drop rate or their timer is on a 10+ minute repop, any other desynth not listed in the wiki?
 Asura.Toralin
サーバ: Asura
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-10-13 14:14:33  
lucky egg best one ive found, and it sucks.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-10-13 14:20:48  
Yea i've tried that and its terrible ; ;
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-10-13 15:36:32  
Ok just tested the the wind > earth craftchain and got myself up to step 4 (wind > earth > wind > earth > wind <-- last wind stopped it).

What i noticed is, the stability meter dropped 3 ticks down so it seems repeating this lowers your stability meter somehow.

Edit so i dont triple post: When the stability meter drops (when you spam T1s in a row, it lowers greatly), just do 4step ending in double light and it will refill back quickly, this prevents explosions.
 Fenrir.Snaps
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-10-13 15:52:32  
Perhaps the transition into higher tiers increases stability, and the transition into the same tier lowers it?
By waffle 2017-10-13 16:57:56  
For what it's worth some JP player apparently completed the shield and posted some information about the enchantment. They say it lasts 30 minutes, does not wear when zoning, but does wear if you unequip the shield.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-10-14 03:42:11  
Fenrir.Snaps said: »
Perhaps the transition into higher tiers increases stability, and the transition into the same tier lowers it?

Yea, if you have many lv1 spheres can just spam t1 chains then go all the way to double t3 2 or 3 times to refill stability then repeat
 Asura.Slyshenx
user: Slyshen1
By Asura.Slyshenx 2017-10-14 10:18:40  
waffle said: »
For what it's worth some JP player apparently completed the shield and posted some information about the enchantment. They say it lasts 30 minutes, does not wear when zoning, but does wear if you unequip the shield.

Lasts 30 minutes and you can use every hour? I hope that's not the case, or else crafting just died.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-10-14 11:40:50  
Asura.Slyshenx said: »
waffle said: »

Lasts 30 minutes and you can use every hour? I hope that's not the case, or else crafting just died.

But crafting competition died (sort of) when they introduced so many kupo shields in the market, the last escutcheon just gives this advantage (sort of) to those that endure the endless pain of sphere farming.

Remember Wandarin here in ragnarok, god knows how many mules the guy has filled with capped gil, he basically had the alchemy HQ market all by himself for what, 3 years?
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
サーバ: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2017-10-15 10:37:21  
Soiled Letter + Wind Crystal = Impaction, Fragmentation, or Light
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-10-17 12:20:40  
Is it confirmed the "cannot do NQ items" on the ending escutcheon makes you lose the materials on that attempt?

I mean, you synth with the enchantment and that one isnt a HQ, its automatically a broken synth/no animation? or just wont get executed or something, any input here?

If you can keep the materials on a non HQ synth (to reduce losses) then its really really win.
By clearlyamule 2017-10-17 12:32:42  
Yep confirmed in the FP35
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-10-17 13:01:37  
Oh bummer, thx for the info tho
By Chimerawizard 2017-10-17 13:31:50  
Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »
Is it confirmed the "cannot do NQ items" on the ending escutcheon makes you lose the materials on that attempt?

I mean, you synth with the enchantment and that one isnt a HQ, its automatically a broken synth/no animation? or just wont get executed or something, any input here?

If you can keep the materials on a non HQ synth (to reduce losses) then its really really win.
Does not automatically lose the materials, after all it also has an extra 15% material loss down on the enchantment.

Likely with HQ+ food, ionis, HQ crystal, and shield you'll be very close to the -80% material loss cap.
posted my conjecture in a way that sounds like fact. my appologies.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-10-17 14:16:43  
Oh then that changes everything, i thought it was like a critical break where you lose all mats, this is getting more interesting then.
By clearlyamule 2017-10-17 15:19:17  
Of course how exactly the material loss happens is kind of meh tested though waaaaaaaay back in the day it seemed to hit certain materials way more often usually the rarer harder to get ones like bcnm/nm drops
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-10-17 15:59:57  
angel skin 100% chance of crit break, see ya back at the Devil Manta
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-10-18 07:36:14  
Anyone know if these are random? All happened at full stability

The Synthesis Focuser II exploded!
The amount of spirit imbued has decreased by 213...

The amount of spirit imbued has decreased by 234...

The amount of spirit imbued has decreased by 191...

The amount of spirit imbued has decreased by 244...

This is a ***load of spirit :(
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-10-18 08:38:50  
Damn that's a lot indeed, tried changing the skillchain you do? I usually change every 5 or 10 tops, only got 1 explosion so far and it happened when i repeated the same one a lot, idk if its explosion rate is linked to the repetition but it could be.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-10-18 08:47:08  
Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »
Damn that's a lot indeed, tried changing the skillchain you do? I usually change every 5 or 10 tops, only got 1 explosion so far and it happened when i repeated the same one a lot, idk if its explosion rate is linked to the repetition but it could be.
ive been doing big batchs of the same, will switch it up
By Smokenttp 2017-10-18 21:46:37  
for transfixion i have no clue however i saw someone on asura with an goldsmithing shield completed today, unfortunatly he was afk
 Odin.Phillytool
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Phillytool 2017-10-18 22:03:30  
Name?
 Quetzalcoatl.Evildgnker
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Evildgnker 2017-10-18 22:32:17  
darkanakin
 Asura.Xaantus
user: Xantus
By Asura.Xaantus 2017-10-19 00:35:15  
Bottom line...if someone has a shield in your desired craft market, and you don't, it's an auto-disadvantage to you. Gold is already wiped out on Asura. I have a mule at 106, I'll probably never touch again. Voodoo cuirass' down to 20m, and mache+1 following suit. It will kill crafting for those who enjoyed the rush of it. Props to those who put in the effort for the shield. I've enjoyed crafting since 09, but this kinda makes it a null. That shield is just too powerful. Curious to see how 2 shields in the same server will duke it out...win goes to the lucky one who breaks just slightly less? Or who stays up 24/7 to craft...
By geigei 2017-10-19 01:00:10  
Isn't this a good thing for everyone? lower prices for hq i mean.
[+]
 Asura.Xaantus
user: Xantus
By Asura.Xaantus 2017-10-19 01:12:38  
For anyone who doesn't craft for a living it's perfect. But it does hurt that part of the game and kind of defeats anyone who wants to enjoy that part. Crafter's will accomadate, but there isn't much to rejoice if you can't pop out your HQ's at will every hour. Prices on high priced items will be down to nothing in no time. Where it balances out will be interesting to see. The first shield holders will be printing gil for a while. Correction..are printing gil as we speak.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-10-19 02:25:24  
Simple time kills(killed) crafting more than the shield will. Stupid is a finite amount.

Shield will just speed up the process.

HQ gear should have never gotten to the values it has in the first place, ridiculous doesn't even begin to describe the cost of some pieces.

This is a sparks problem more than a new HQ rate problem. It never should've gone this long unchecked.

The combination of an absolute *** crafting system, with the ability to produce billions of gil out of thin air, with the general stupidity of some people is a perfect storm. Shields will help curb it.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-10-19 06:08:13  
I see sparks as an exit to get some gil for people that cant spam harder content but there's also the gilseller problem @ sparks, every time it happens you can see trains of pearless galkas (at least in ragna) doing it too lol.

If these shields drive sky abjuration gear down by a lot and SU3 gear down to moderate pricing then that's a good sign imo.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 19 20 21