First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 19 20 21
 Asura.Toralin
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-10-24 16:22:57  
Asura.Xaantus said: »
Asura.Toralin said: »
Complete the shield this morning. Confirmed it is broken from a HQ perspective.

Congrats, how does T0/1 rates look so far? I noticed bone on Asura is also now a one person market. 11 Jinxed jackets up for sale overnight, damn...Glad I didn't attempt anymore! Whoever wanted cheap moonbow whistle+1 will get their wish. And the ones who already owned them just lost 75+mil in value.
Not sure there is a bone shield on Asura. You maybe seeing RMT xfer it off of Odin(couple bone shields there). I have been at the focuser non-stop for the last 4 weeks. Surprisingly not alot of activity on Asura there.

I had good success on t1 synths. I have totally lost my *** on tier0 thinking this thing is a magic HQ machine. I probably obliterated 350m in mats today. LOL
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-10-24 16:23:40  
Foxfire said: »
How much spirit did you need?
it was for sure at least 2000 per pixel, maybe even 2500. So i would say dead minimum its 128,000
 Asura.Xaantus
user: Xantus
By Asura.Xaantus 2017-10-24 16:53:52  
I had good success on t1 synths. I have totally lost my *** on tier0 thinking this thing is a magic HQ machine. I probably obliterated 350m in mats today. LOL

Ouch, learning pains. Don't forget the HQ guild crystals lol.
By clearlyamule 2017-10-24 17:01:15  

Can't hurt to try if you got extras but it's likely not going to help much if any at least while enchantment is up
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-10-24 17:54:44  
clearlyamule said: »

Can't hurt to try if you got extras but it's likely not going to help much if any at least while enchantment is up

blew through 50k in GP using the HQ crystals, tried to save them for t0.
 Fenrir.Snaps
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-10-24 18:05:34  
How were your T0 rates?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-10-24 18:43:19  
Fenrir.Snaps said: »
How were your T0 rates?
terrible! without running any real math. The mat loss seemed to favor certain mats from what I could tell. Tried to do some Su3 and got my bank account rearranged
 Carbuncle.Papesse
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2017-10-24 19:09:31  
Have you checked if the recipes like Faulpie Leather that cannot HQ automatically breaks with the enchantment and if the ring can prevent that?
 Fenrir.Snaps
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-10-24 19:16:32  
or Tanner's Ring for that matter
By clearlyamule 2017-10-24 19:17:32  
Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
Have you checked if the recipes like Faulpie Leather that cannot HQ automatically breaks with the enchantment and if the ring can prevent that?
Technically speaking I believe all recipes can HQ just some have the except same results as NQ. iirc there's even ways to tell... well a way besides the animation
By Nyarlko 2017-10-24 19:32:05  
blew through 50k in GP using the HQ crystals, tried to save them for t0.
I know you can buy HQ fire/wind/earth crystals for gil from boxes in the Chateau in N.Sandy and Heavens Tower in W.Walls.

You can still get an HQ synth off of recipes that have no varying results, so I imagine that it should still succeed on recipes like leather as long as you HQ it.

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
or Tanner's Ring for that matter
They stated in the FP where they explained all of this that the "No HQ" rings will override the shield. So, both equipped + shield enchantment active = NQ result.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-10-24 20:12:20  
The text was a little unclear on my interuptation on the no nq, but the no NQ only seems to be active when the enchantment is active. Which is nice to get the benefit of the shield when crafting nq items and just not use the enchantment.

Haven’t messed with tanners ring and shield yet
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-10-24 20:13:30  

It would hq and just have the same result, however I think using the enchantment on a synth like this would be counter productive
 Odin.Drakenv
サーバ: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-10-24 20:18:55  
Technically speaking I believe all recipes can HQ just some have the except same results as NQ. iirc there's even ways to tell... well a way besides the animation
I've got screenshot gold for you.
By clearlyamule 2017-10-24 21:40:04  
Odin.Drakenv said: »
I've got screenshot gold for you.
How much are you selling it for? No wait 5 gil final offer
By Chimerawizard 2017-10-25 00:41:23  
I have totally lost my *** on tier0 thinking this thing is a magic HQ machine. I probably obliterated 350m in mats today. LOL
Even at HQ+10, if my guess is correct on it being base*0.1x; x=HQ+. (1+.1*10)(1/64)=1/32 That'd still leave HQ rate lower than d.ring drop rate.

Congratulations on completing your shield.
Sorry for your loss at T0 HQ. :(

off topic. Really looking forward to finishing goldsmithing 110 next month on the double crafting skillup day. :) got over 240 synths stocked up for it and all the skillup+ gear.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-10-26 08:47:26  
The enchantment does not work on crafting spheres, nqs possible. Shame was hoping to use the shield to really make my other craft shields move quickly
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-10-26 09:01:06  
The enchantment does not work on crafting spheres, nqs possible. Shame was hoping to use the shield to really make my other craft shields move quickly

Have you tried other desynths? There are 2 primary possibilities I can think of here:

-Shield doesn't work on any desynths.

-Spheres are one specific craft(alchemy?).

There is no known crafting item that doesn't have a skill. My guess is they put the cap at 0 or less to make the same synths viable for everyone. If the shield does work on desynths, there's a strong possibility that one shield is going to work on them.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-10-26 09:04:52  
Also, regarding the Arke:

Quote:
The “likelihood of synthesis material loss” attribute found on equipment now has a maximum value.
The likelihood of synthesis material loss can now be reduced to a maximum of 20% based on the type of item while factoring in bonuses from equipment, food, and other effects.
* This does not apply to all items.

This is straight out of the version notes. I'm guessing Su3 and possibly some other new synths have a lower material retention cap intentionally to avoid trivializing them with shields. It's an indirect nerf to stuff that's been too pricy for too long, like jinxed.. but they don't want to ruin their newer gear.
By pchan 2017-10-26 09:52:33  
lolcrafting.com. Currently 1/2 moonbow whistle+1 at AH on nearly every server. Crafting has always been HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, I'm not surprised, it's everything but a way to make gil. I give it one month before each craft has hundreds shield over all servers and tier0 hq go for less than 50M which is nothing in the current ffxi, right?
By clearlyamule 2017-10-26 11:24:55  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Also, regarding the Arke:

Quote:
The “likelihood of synthesis material loss” attribute found on equipment now has a maximum value.
The likelihood of synthesis material loss can now be reduced to a maximum of 20% based on the type of item while factoring in bonuses from equipment, food, and other effects.
* This does not apply to all items.

This is straight out of the version notes. I'm guessing Su3 and possibly some other new synths have a lower material retention cap intentionally to avoid trivializing them with shields. It's an indirect nerf to stuff that's been too pricy for too long, like jinxed.. but they don't want to ruin their newer gear.
What if by item they mean the items in the synth instead of item being crafted? Would kind of go back to the whole certain items definitely seem to break more often thing of old
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-10-26 11:46:20  
That'd make sense too. Having the npc mats break more would keep their anti-inflation in place.
By Nyarlko 2017-10-26 12:27:23  
It is probably only referring to certain synths that have 100% mat retention rate. (Like crafting shields.) The new cap itself does not apply to them. Since there are existing exceptions to the new rule, they just covered their *** to avoid questions/complaints.

My personal assumption on which materials are lost on a break has always been in the order that the recipes are listed at the guild npcs. Higher in the listing = higher chance of loss. Could be entirely wrong, but makes sense to me given my personal experience.

Also, personally I don't believe that anything that improves "Synthesis" results actually applies to desynthesis, other than skill+ to reach the required skill to perform the desynth. Desynthing has always been treated a bit differently, similar to how Synergy is not considered a "craft", and I can easily see the logic in "Synthesis+" effects not affecting "Desynthesis.

I knew for a fact 10yrs ago that Moghancement:Desynthesis helped more than Moghancement:Wind when it came to wind crystal desynths. I never noticed much of a change in mat loss rates w/ Wind, but the increased success from Desynthesis was very noticeable (both were w/ overwhelming energy.)

If anyone with a completed escutcheon would like to test it out, would be nice to know for sure. ^^ Testing is simple too: Activate the enchantment > perform desynths w/ normal non-sphere recipes (to rule them out since they are probably "special" as far as the coding is concerned.) If you get even one NQ success, then we know that desynthesis is mechanically considered a different/separate process from synthesis.
[+]
By Tomlaps 2017-10-26 15:03:34  
Does food help for Desynthesis success rate would be the real test, and every one can do it right now.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-10-26 19:29:41  
I dont know if someone mentioned it already but dropping the % below 80% of the stability bar changes your light to green, i didnt want to keep dropping it down because an explosion sucks.
By Chimerawizard 2017-10-26 22:03:35  
Nyarlko said: »
It is probably only referring to certain synths that have 100% mat retention rate. (Like crafting shields.) The new cap itself does not apply to them. Since there are existing exceptions to the new rule, they just covered their *** to avoid questions/complaints.

My personal assumption on which materials are lost on a break has always been in the order that the recipes are listed at the guild npcs. Higher in the listing = higher chance of loss. Could be entirely wrong, but makes sense to me given my personal experience.

Also, personally I don't believe that anything that improves "Synthesis" results actually applies to desynthesis, other than skill+ to reach the required skill to perform the desynth. Desynthing has always been treated a bit differently, similar to how Synergy is not considered a "craft", and I can easily see the logic in "Synthesis+" effects not affecting "Desynthesis.

I knew for a fact 10yrs ago that Moghancement:Desynthesis helped more than Moghancement:Wind when it came to wind crystal desynths. I never noticed much of a change in mat loss rates w/ Wind, but the increased success from Desynthesis was very noticeable (both were w/ overwhelming energy.)

If anyone with a completed escutcheon would like to test it out, would be nice to know for sure. ^^ Testing is simple too: Activate the enchantment > perform desynths w/ normal non-sphere recipes (to rule them out since they are probably "special" as far as the coding is concerned.) If you get even one NQ success, then we know that desynthesis is mechanically considered a different/separate process from synthesis.
broken lu rod for cannot lose materials & hakutaku eye cluster for guaranteed to lose everything come to mind.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Rajang
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2017-10-27 04:11:33  

!
[+]
By Mafai 2017-10-27 19:12:08  
I just parsed my logs.

To get my crystal took 97598 spirit, in total I lost 1413 from explosions, which means the shield is somewhere around 96185 spirit
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-10-27 19:25:19  
Mafai said: »
I just parsed my logs.

To get my crystal took 97598 spirit, in total I lost 1413 from explosions, which means the shield is somewhere around 96185 spirit
facts I don't like
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 19 20 21