By Asura.Psylo 2017-11-30 12:49:50  
When my Ls leader said "We need you as PUP" \o/
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2017-11-30 12:49:58  
Unless you've done every quest, nation mission, all RMEA, mastered every job, etc, you won't be 100% complete on the game's content. If you're going by the story itself and add-ons, then sure, you've beaten FFXI's story.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By pchan 2017-11-30 13:00:43  
All missions, all jobs mastered, all relic/articfact type gear for every jobs, as well as all ultimate weapons for each job, one craft capped with all sub craft capped, and capped Escutcheons shield, capped gil. It's a good start to pretend you beat ffxi. But i doubt anyone achieved this on a single character.
 Fenrir.Pertalee
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Pertalee 2017-11-30 13:03:42  
I agree, Beat means everything, not just the story.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2017-11-30 13:26:26  
I don't think you need to do absolutely everything. Just have done everything at least enough to get your fill. So yes, you need all missions, unlock all jobs and do all their AF1 quests for the stories.
But then you can master and really gear 1 job, get 1 of each RMEEA weapon to go through the process.
I mean, can you really say you beat the game if you have all maxed RMEEA weapons, but have not completed every eco-warrior and every garrison? Does it count as complete if you never beat the champion in Pankration? What about unlocking all the pets in your mog garden? Getting all the monsters in monstrosity? How many people have a golden shovel cordon so they could get all trusts? There's so much stuff in this game, experiencing a little of each thing seems, to me, like more of a "beat the game" situation than just repeating the process to get mythics 20 times. But that's just my opinion. And that's the fun thing about ffxi, there's so much stuff to do, you can play forever, or just until you feel you did enough to beat the game.
By Elazar1 2017-11-30 13:33:33  
You can never beat the game,if you did why would you play. Will always be something added. I don’t see anyone walking around in 5/5 +3 every job. Point is. New all the time, square wants our subs
[+]
 Odin.Geriond
サーバ: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-11-30 13:38:11  
Beaten all of the mission storylines. Everything else is side-quests or post-game content (albeit ones that you can do before beating the game).
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2017-11-30 13:47:08  
Doing more than 5,000 damage with Victory Smite
[+]
By RandomFandom 2017-11-30 13:48:27  
I've always said that beating the game meant seeing the end game credits, I mean, plenty of games have post game stuff as it is. Now being done with the game? That depends on the person. FFXI is an MMO though, so there's never really an end unless it's shut down.
That's my opinion anyways.
 Cerberus.Immortalmoon
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Immortalmoon 2017-11-30 13:48:41  
for me this game is world I would gladly live in. I set my goals an accomplished most of the them! So I set new goals even it was simple as save a low level from the sea horror! this game is not just a game it way of life! FFXI has been my salvation!!!
[+]
By Kodaijin 2017-11-30 14:00:45  
To answer the primary question of the original poster: "what does it take so say you beaten ffxi?"

1. Beat all the primary story line missions for all expansions and all areas.
2. Beat all content. This would be what is considered end game stuff. Sky gods and Kirin and Dynamis for ROTZ, Limbus SEA HNMs and Absolute Virtue for CoP. TOAH - Do all assaults, climb Nyzul, Kill Odins, abyssea NMs, etc. etc. etc.

I would say that is beating the game if you can complete those on any job with any set up or any gear.

Bonus points for REMAs, gear, merits, JPs, multiple 99s etc. but grinding out all JPs for all jobs, or having all the REMAs isnt beating the game. That being said, I like to be all glowy while beating the content. :)
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By nashred 2017-11-30 14:06:06  
Completing the Records of Eminence except the ones that are repeatable.

Actually for me. it is completing all story and quest lines. Meaning only one city. Fully leveling one job and one craft.

That is one reason I came back to have some closure and finish a few things that i never finished. This way I would have some closure and maybe could finally walk away. I put so much work into it I just need to feel like I actually finished it.

I need to finish Rhapsodies, Seekers, A Moogle Kupo d'Etat and a couple other things. I would also like to get a Lu Shang's Fishing Rod.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-11-30 14:24:48  
It's going to be different for everyone, because, as a MMO, your goals are your own. And it will change over time.

For me, at first it was getting a Byakko's Haidate and a Black Belt.
Then it was owning 5/5 Usukane.
Then it was beating PW and getting a pair of Shenlongs (which I never did until it was no longer relevant).
Then it was finishing Spharai.
Going into Abyssea, it was helping others finish Empys, as I had basically no interest at all.
When I came back in 2014, it was to make an excellent PLD and help my cousin finish Terps.

So, sure, I guess it could be about quests or storyline or gil or REMAs, or whatever. But what is meaningful is going to be very different between players. And it is that feeling of meaning and purpose that truly leads to any sense of completion.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2017-11-30 14:31:19  
What you described were goals, and only goals. Getting a Byakko's Haidate isn't beating the game, nor is finishing a single relic. Beating the game is beating the game, and this is an MMO, and unless you have everything completed, you have not beaten FFXI. You may have completed sections of the game, or finished all of the story lines, but you'll never actually complete it.

You don't beat FFXI, FFXI beats you.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-11-30 14:49:56  
Sure, but sitting in the trees so a single BLM or BLU can level, merit and master all a player's jobs is hardly a sign of mastery, either.
Much of what FFXIAH provides points for can be bought with gil, and, therefore, real money.

All there is to beat are your own goals. Nothing else has any gravity.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2017-11-30 15:09:53  
Quit.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2017-11-30 15:16:14  
Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
Sure, but sitting in the trees so a single BLM or BLU can level, merit and master all a player's jobs is hardly a sign of mastery, either.
Much of what FFXIAH provides points for can be bought with gil, and, therefore, real money.

This topic is about beating FFXI, not beating your own goals.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-11-30 15:17:13  
Josiahkf said: »
Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »

Has that ever happened?
Is there anyone on your server that has all jobs mastered purely on afk buyimg burns? Because damn son, tell them to hire me for their mule lol

Oh yes, especially, but not limited to, CP Campaigns, you can find parties of AFK folks with a single character multi-stepping skill chain damage. Said DD and all support is fully automated. For hours.

Found this posted in another thread:
Asura.Eiryl said: »
zaxtiss said: »
wow i just noticed he has master monk and he's still getting guard skill ups...

What does that have to do with anything? That's how people that multi do everything. I have 6 master blms that got master with zero magical skills. I have 6 master wars with zero combat skills. Master blus with zero spells. Master GEOs with zero spells and skills.

all 6 of my monks were mastered without capped h2h and guard as well.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-11-30 15:19:13  
Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
This topic is about beating FFXI, not beating your own goals.

The topic is how does one define beating FFXI. You have your definition in mind, and it isn't wrong. Because it is all purely subjective.

I think the person that posted "Quit" found the $1,000,000 answer.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-11-30 15:19:30  
Odin.Geriond said: »
Beaten all of the mission storylines. Everything else is side-quests or post-game content (albeit ones that you can do before beating the game).

I agree with this. Most people wouldn't say you need to obtain every weapon/item, kill every optional boss, or finish every sidequest in an offline RPG, so I don't see it any differently for FFXI. I don't think defeating Ultimate/Ruby/Emerald Weapon in FFVII or Ozma in FFIX are required to beat those games, or all character's ultimate weapons achieved in FFX or various other FF games.

FFXI just has a ton of post-game/additional content (events) and sidequests (particularly ultimate weapons), and there are lots of personal goals: specific gear, specific NM kills, doing every job's AF questline, etc.

For the missions, I would include:
* All 3 nations Rank 10
* Original & Zilart Missions
* CoP & ToaU missions, including Apocalypse Nigh
* WotG missions, including main storyline and all 3 nation quest storlyines
* All 3 mini-expansions
* Abysssea and VW missions/primary questlines complete (defeated boss Wyrms)
* Seekers of Adoulin missions, plus the Ygnas Directive RoE quests (which necessitate doing all Coalition and Adoulin quests as a prerequisite).
* Rhapsodies of Vanadiel - which, let's be honest, has what feels like a real, true ending.

While I'm in support of the "missions only" interpretation of "beating" FFXI, I will say that I really like how the Mythic and Ergon quests requires completion/mastery of every event in the Aht Urghan and Adoulin lands, respectively.
By Taint 2017-11-30 15:32:23  
Finishing the level 75-99 relic trials before the nerfs.

Everything after doing that has been part of the games Epilogue to me.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Matix
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Matix
By Ragnarok.Matix 2017-11-30 15:50:31  
uninstalling ffxi

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 4