Random Politics & Religion #30

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #30
Random Politics & Religion #30
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 65 66 67
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-12-10 10:36:14  
Anna Ruthven said: »
I'm not sure if I want to try to fire it, pull it apart and remanufacture it after cleaning, or simply keep it as an antique and hope I run across more WWII stuff.

My Enfield in my baby but .303 British isn't a very good candidate for reloading. I do plan to get the stuff to reload it though, make my own hunting ammo since I'm using cheap Serbian ammo atm. Very good cases but burns dirty and the bullets are very...meh, accurate but it's not to my liking, gonna see about reloading the PPU brass with some Barnes copper hollow points.
Just no. The brass is corroded and weakened. Period. Enough to fail? Who knows? Better safe than sorry. I wouldn't trust the powder or primer either.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-12-10 10:39:18  
[+]
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-12-10 10:47:41  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
Does that come in Hello Kitty or MLP?
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-12-10 10:57:55  
Today's Doonesbury just seems to fit here.

Valefor.Endoq
サーバ: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2017-12-10 11:48:24  
Today's Doonesbury just seems to fit here.

[+]
By fonewear 2017-12-10 12:07:21  
Gun people!

A few years back, my dad was metal detecting around camp while we were hunting and he dug up what appears to be a WWII AP round of .30-06 Springfield. Before he threw it back, I decided to keep it and brought it home and cleaned it off, this round has probably been in the dirt 30 years or more and the casing had a bit of crust-looking stuff. Being that I love old brass for some reason, question is if I got a .30-06 at some point, and decided to fire the round, if the elements haven't rendered it inert, would it be safe and possible to throw it in a tumbler with other brass, clean and reload it?

I've never really had a run-in with brass that has been buried that long. I have a round of .45 ACP a that has been buried and tarnished black but the brass and bullet are both shiny, not crusty.

That is a interesting story Donny are you a member of NRA ?
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-12-10 12:26:25  
fonewear said: »
Gun people!

A few years back, my dad was metal detecting around camp while we were hunting and he dug up what appears to be a WWII AP round of .30-06 Springfield. Before he threw it back, I decided to keep it and brought it home and cleaned it off, this round has probably been in the dirt 30 years or more and the casing had a bit of crust-looking stuff. Being that I love old brass for some reason, question is if I got a .30-06 at some point, and decided to fire the round, if the elements haven't rendered it inert, would it be safe and possible to throw it in a tumbler with other brass, clean and reload it?

I've never really had a run-in with brass that has been buried that long. I have a round of .45 ACP a that has been buried and tarnished black but the brass and bullet are both shiny, not crusty.

That is a interesting story Donny are you a member of NRA ?
No, I'm not paranoid enough.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-12-10 12:26:50  
Which says a lot because I'm usually pretty paranoid.
By fonewear 2017-12-10 13:08:27  
Today you are FFXIAH posters:

YouTube Video Placeholder
By fonewear 2017-12-10 13:59:37  
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-12-10 19:15:04  
Alabama Sen. Richard Shelby Says He Couldn't Bring Himself to Vote for Roy Moore
Time

Quote:
I couldn’t vote for Roy Moore,” he said. “The state of Alabama deserves better.

TLDR: he wrote in another republican.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2017-12-10 20:11:55  
Alabama Sen. Richard Shelby Says He Couldn't Bring Himself to Vote for Roy Moore
Time

Quote:

I didn't back read. Did you all gloss over the main accuser of Roy Moore found to be lying and forging the evidence against him? Did that get a few words?
[+]
By Nausi 2017-12-11 10:04:13  
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Time

Quote:

I didn't back read. Did you all gloss over the main accuser of Roy Moore found to be lying and forging the evidence against him? Did that get a few words?
Didn't fit the liberal narrative, so it was ignored.
[+]
By Nausi 2017-12-11 10:08:16  
NYC bombing by the religion of peace.

Looks like we need to rack up some more countries on the travel ban.
[+]
By Nausi 2017-12-11 10:08:45  
Time

Quote:

(I brought it up twice)
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-12-11 10:11:42  
Still not clear why any of the child molestation issues matter in the case of Roy Moore's candidacy.

They're awful if they happened, they're also awful if the accusers are lying because false allegations hurt actual victims as well.

But in the case of Moore, he's a piece of ***who thinks every amendment after the first 10 are just shackles to our freedoms.

And I guess that's the position of some people but, you know.

That seems like a problem to me. The molestation issues are a he said/she said issue from years ago that, again, shouldn't be ignored but are difficult to actually prove or disprove.

But we have the man on record suggesting the banning of slavery wasn't the best idea.
By Nausi 2017-12-11 10:11:44  
Fox poll this morning notes Moore trailing by 10.

Only one problem, Polling sample has an R+2 sample base. Alabama is more like +25.

(facts I don't like)
By Nausi 2017-12-11 10:13:03  
Ramyrez said: »
But we have the man on record suggesting the banning of slavery wasn't the best idea
Where on earth did you hear that? It is also facts I don't like.
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-12-11 10:13:03  
anyone else following the "unity reform commission"?

unity reform commission
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-12-11 10:13:15  
But again, to be clear, I've already advocated for all kinds of house cleaning from the very top and down among our politician ranks.

Of course, that can never happen because:

Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-11 10:14:20  
Nausi said: »
Time

Quote:

(I brought it up twice)

It's sickening political. Democrats are spending millions of USD trying to change the Alabama election. Remember the DNC is broke and has to resort to having Hillary's election campaign fund them
during the big Presidential election. Which begs to question, if they were broke during the ridiculously big election, where did they get all the money for this small election? Alabama is a solid red state, the Democrats have practically no monetary presence there, its not even like in Texas where they have mega rich liberals backing them.

So is California trying to buy the election of Alabama?
By Ramyrez 2017-12-11 10:18:41  
But we have the man on record suggesting the banning of slavery wasn't the best idea
Where on earth did you hear that? It is also facts I don't like.

Jerk yourself off some more over this "facts I don't like" hashtag.

I really don't give a damn what your opinion oh he said/she said arguments is, but don't deny direct quotes put into context.

Quote:
In Moore's June appearance, one of the hosts says he would like to see an amendment that would void all the amendments after the Tenth.

"That would eliminate many problems," Moore replied. "You know people don't understand how some of these amendments have completely tried to wreck the form of government that our forefathers intended."

Moore cited the 17th Amendment, which calls for the direct election of senators by voters rather than state legislatures, as one he particularly found troublesome.

The host agreed with Moore, before turning his attention to the 14th Amendment, which was passed during the Reconstruction period following the Civil War and guaranteed citizenship and equal rights and protection to former slaves and has been used in landmark Supreme Court cases such as Brown v. Board of Education and Obergefell v. Hodges.

"People also don't understand, and being from the South I bet you get it, the 14th Amendment was only approved at the point of the gun," the host said.

Source. CNN, but it's direct quotes so deal with it.

Basically he's one of these "sovereign citizen" ***.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-12-11 10:19:33  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Which begs to question, if they were broke during the ridiculously big election, where did they get all the money for this small election?

The same place the Republicans get their money. "Private donors."

AKA: Big corporate money with a horse in the race.
By Ramyrez 2017-12-11 10:20:35  
Moore seems to think that Amendments are easy to pass. He also doesn't understand that the founding fathers knew the system they created was imperfect from the get go, that's why they built the ability to make Amendments right into the *** system. So corrections could be made.
By Viciouss 2017-12-11 10:22:13  
Jerk yourself off some more over this "facts I don't like" hashtag.

Its just his most recent go to troll line, if he doesn't understand/like/agree/make it up, its facts I don't like.
By Nausi 2017-12-11 10:22:18  
That doesn't mean he supports slavery you ***. How flawed is your critical thinking mechanism?
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-12-11 10:22:34  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
anyone else following the "unity reform commission"?

unity reform commission

Nope!
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-11 10:26:39  
That doesn't mean he supports slavery you ***. How flawed is your critical thinking mechanism?

Does agree with me = deplorable Natzi scum.

Welcome the thought process of a liberal these days. It's the universities filling peoples heads with *** about thinking with their emotions instead of oppressive patriarchal logic.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-12-11 10:27:20  

Personal insults aside, he agreed with the host who said that the 14th Amendment was passed "at gunpoint."

His spokesperson is refuting "what he meant" now because he's a career politician who understands double speak.

So pick one. Does he think abolishing slavery was bad or is he a flip-flopping weakling who says what he wants his interviewer to hear?

And no deflection about what some other politician has done, because I will criticize this behavior across the board.
By Ramyrez 2017-12-11 10:28:38  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Does agree with me = deplorable Natzi scum.

I don't think he's Nazi scum, I think he's a political opportunist who sees the value in slavery regardless of the human cost, and sees how the loss of slavery hurt the south once upon a time.
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 65 66 67