users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » December 2017 Version Update
December 2017 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-12-11 01:10:59  
V1. Not messing with Aellos and her garbage aoe sleep crap.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
サーバ: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-12-11 01:11:34  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
V1. Not messing with Aellos and her garbage aoe sleep crap.
True lol.
By clearlyamule 2017-12-11 01:11:36  
Just did vol 1 E and it's a little gross

Thing has pretty high guard rate so a lot of hits from the front get reduced. At 25% it spawned 2 Urchins on it which seemed meh and Housemaker spawned on other side of map and came running over. As soon as it got over there it earthshaker? That did exactly 8k to everyone
 Odin.Drakenv
サーバ: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-12-11 01:12:11  
clearlyamule said: »

Thing has pretty high guard rate so a lot of hits from the front get reduced. At 25% it spawned 2 Urchins on it which seemed meh and Housemaker spawned on other side of map and came running over. As soon as it got over there it earthshaker? That did exactly 8k to everyone
Grr
 Cerberus.Neojuggernaut
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Neojuggernaut 2017-12-11 01:13:38  
Volume 1 Normal Notes:

AoE hit past 25 yawns

AoE doesn't hit too terribly hard but has two status effects based on which he uses

Summoned an add, was sleepable with bard, no troub needed

There was a random add just sitting behind the back pillar not moving. Was named Bozetto Housekeeper. First add popped was Bozetto Urchin.

Would test more but everyone spamming VE saying this month is easy....
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-12-11 01:14:40  

How far was the aoe? This soundslike a ranger shooting/pup tank fight, and sacrifice the robot for the greater good. About to enter will see VD gimmicks.
 Phoenix.Thorbean
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2017-12-11 01:21:13  

Housemaker was already spawned for me, behind the pillar opposite entrance corner, but just sat there. I left auto on the boss when adds popped and pulled them away. One add countered me for 775 in 50%DT, the other double attacked for 550/hit before the one I was attacking hit me for 1100 (still in DT gear).

Was using Geo trust and rolls, not sure if relevent, the boss did have a pretty potent shock aura though.

Edit: Both urchins used souleater and hundred fists at the same time as the main boss used hundred fists. Hence the high damage in DT gear.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-12-11 01:22:30  
Couldn't gather anything useful

VD:
TP moves are much faster wind up time
August took about 1300 from each aoe, everyone else took only 800
Kintoki took far reduced damage as expected
The strength of the dot is much harsher, killed a few trusts from back to back spams
Didn't have the damage to get further than 2 minutes of fighting.

Edit: Thorbean mentioned Shock aura, which is what killed us. Wasn't the debuff from tp move.
 Phoenix.Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2017-12-11 01:30:24  
Shock aura seems to be 30 yalms range. Possibly similar mechanic as last month with auras/bubbles/rolls or some other combination of jobs. Will try with no bubbles later, the wait is getting a bit long for my tastes.
By clearlyamule 2017-12-11 01:33:35  

How far was the aoe? This soundslike a ranger shooting/pup tank fight, and sacrifice the robot for the greater good. About to enter will see VD gimmicks.
No idea everyone was in range

Phoenix.Thorbean said: »
Housemaker was already spawned for me, behind the pillar opposite entrance corner, but just sat there.
Ah maybe it was already spawned but I didn't go over there and only noticed it started running to me when the adds spawned
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-12-11 01:42:49  
That's my point. Its a solid weapon skill damage piece for a job with no outstanding 1 hit ws. SS/SP/VS are the better chainers anyway. The subtle blow is very disappointing on the pet side, and the haste is useless when we would just use a piece with acc on it as well. Very underwhelming IMO.
Truthfully I would have preferred a Pet WSD+10% piece instead. I still have issues with wanting to upgrade Foire Tobe+3 for the same reason, as is hard to fit it into sets.

Yes, yes, yes. WSD+10% sure looks flashy, but it doesn't mean as much on a job that doesn't really use any single hit WS. Personally, I'd have preferred no WSD+10% pieces on PUP in exchange for a really good STR/Acc/Crit piece for the WS I actually want to use (Stringing Pummel and Victory Smite). I have a bit of a hard time justifying the cost for a +3 relic piece, or AF+3 body on PUP for the exact same reason (I've just been debating that one this week, actually).

That being said, the STR on Pitre hands is not bad and they have a boatload of attack, so Pitre+3 are prob still a winner when well under attack cap, even if they may well lose to a good Herculean Gloves (or even something like Ryuo hands) if the attack isn't significant based on target/buffs. Besides, relic hands were always kinda bad for PUP so I wasn't expecting a ton out of these anyway. I figure the eventual relic body (which I fully anticipate to be fantastic) will more than make up for it.

Also a good Shijin Spiral piece (not that I find myself use SS a whole ton), even the +2. Again, if acc/atk are uncapped they will perform pretty well, even if the WSD is relatively minor since that only helps first hit.

Tali'ah set as a whole, no, but it has some good pieces you can mix and match to provide acc/stat for both pet and master. Head/Body/Feet come particularly to mind.
Totally agreed on Tali'ah being a good set too. Best master TP body, arguably best hybrid master/pet TP head (at least in most situations), and feet that are a really nice pet acc/haste option (especially to free up weapon slot) means I use all three of those pieces regularly. Plus occasional use of legs for pet acc/DT combo when pet is serving as Tank+DD. Even hands - and head/body, for that matter - have a niche as BiS Macc for puppet nuking (LOL? yeah kinda).

Asura.Azagarth said: »
But yes true that pups 100% useless outside of everything but solo play and a few nms at this point anyhow. SE needs to give them some love, but really how can they?

Now that's just crazy talk. PUP is:
- An excellent tank for every Omen boss and most challenging Geas Fete NMs (including Reisen T4s), with almost no support required.
- Fantastic for a lot of Ambuscades (including downright abusing the Intense Ambuscade JUST THIS PAST MONTH, for those with an extremely short memory).
- Great tank/puller on Dynamis-Divergence.

What major new content have you been doing in 2017 that isn't on that list?
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
サーバ: Asura
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-12-11 01:53:18  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Now that's just crazy talk. PUP is:
- An excellent tank for every Omen boss and most challenging Geas Fete NMs (including Reisen T4s), with almost no support required.
- Fantastic for a lot of Ambuscades (including downright abusing the Intense Ambuscade JUST THIS PAST MONTH, for those with an extremely short memory).
- Great tank/puller on Dynamis-Divergence.

What major new content have you been doing in 2017 that isn't on that list?

I was trolling more than anything, buy ya.... I like playing jobs too, like my mnk, that arent very useful but I dont pretend its ideal. You could probably kill everything in this game with melee whms but doesnt mean its going to be ideal, etc. There no situation in the game that makes you go, "Damn if only we had a pup!". But do not worry most jobs are on that list.

and just a heads up, most any job with a dt set can tank Omen at this point, T4's are just smn burned in 30 sec, Ambu last month was better to smn burn, and anything can pull dyna w/o issues. It's not really a "pup thing". I don't mean to sound rude but pup in a bad state like a few jobs and SE doesnt try and fix anything.
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2017-12-11 01:53:35  
"Snapshot"+13 Triple Shot: Occasionally becomes Quad Shot.

kk
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-12-11 02:10:31  
Asura.Azagarth said: »
and just a heads up, most any job with a dt set can tank Omen at this point,

Can they do that without even having a healer? Can they sit there and get beaten on after you give Fu 30+ buffs? Yeah, puppets can do that.

Quote:
T4's are just smn burned in 30 sec, Ambu last month was better to smn burn

Not to reopen THIS topic, but if that's your argument, you're saying 19 jobs are useless because all SMN/COR/RUN is all you need for anything. I'm talking actually tanking a fight, since not everyone has (or wants) to SMN burn every target in the game.

Quote:
and anything can pull dyna w/o issues.

No, I mean pull the mob with puppet, let all of its adds spawn and beat on the puppet, don't even need a sleeper. My puppet is a lot sturdier than my Epeolatry RUN, which can't do the same thing nearly as well. Also perhaps the best Halphas tank in Dyna-Sandy.

Quote:
It's not really a "pup thing". I don't mean to sound rude but pup in a bad state like a few jobs and SE doesnt try and fix anything.

As a serious PUP since 2006 ToAU, I can say with 100% confidence that the job is in the best state it has ever been since its inception. Truly great tank with its niche of being nearly indestructible with zero support/healers/buffs (and the downsides of being bad for holding hate on multiple targets like a PLD, and lacking RUN's ability to boost other people's magic damage/resistance). Master+DD Puppet is generally better DPS than a MNK, as a secondary role. And it works well in pet oriented setups. I mean, if you aren't satisfied until PUP is also the undisputed best melee DPS and nuking job, I guess maybe you might think it needs more buffs? I'm plenty satisfied with the state of PUP though, as I think most PUP enthusiasts have been in the past year or so.

Not everything that doesn't have Astral Conduit (or is one of the limited jobs that serve in support of the AC brigade) is a broken job...
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-12-11 02:10:38  
Notables:
GEO refresh+2, amazing nuke stats
Ehr... they would be awesome in theory but the same thing said for the BLM hands apply here: it's MB1, not MB2.
So compared to EA or Amalric it's kind of a hard choice.
It's so easy to reach the 40 MB1 cap, I really don't see a lot of swaps that would make it worth to equip those hands in place of MB2 options.
Or am I missing something?

RDM hands are nice too, +30 to a stat of your choice is pretty hot.
Supposing it's gonna be straight +30... if it's 30% of course we're back into the "not worth the price" territory.

The rest is... uhm, not as "meh" as feet, but still not really worth 90+ millions gil per piece.
Once prices start going down (will be a long time!) things will be different I guess.
[+]
 Phoenix.Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2017-12-11 02:11:49  
Little more testing on V1 Easy, no rolls, no bubbles this time.

1: No shock aura. TP moves apply Shock/Burn/Frost/etc but it's weak and can be erased.
2: Popped 1 add instead of 2

Tried pulling housemaker first, main boss links as expected. Takes 95-99% reduced damage (phys at least) but doesn't seem to attack. Automaton hitting for 4 damage, crits for 5, ranged attack for 14, WS for 120. Can maybe tomahawk zerg it if it's somehow linked to adds? IDK.

Housemaker and Breadwinner fully immune to sleep. Urchin can be slept reliably as /sch with an average macc set.

Got !! on sleeping Urchin after light SC on Breadwinner twice. !! Woke it up both times.
Urchin used souleater and hundred fists after first !!.

Edit: (VE related)
edit: when I killed him, got message: The [NM]s throat is no longer scratchy.
Scratchy throat could be what prevents him spawning adds on VE. Might be worth trying to silence him and/or the housemaker on higher difficulty. Don't have anyone on to try atm.
 Asura.Cloudblade
By Asura.Cloudblade 2017-12-11 02:29:05  
I see Cor got potentially blessed by the SE gods yet again. On another note, I am going to call this a month or three before it happens: inb4 Sam's wsd piece is legs yet again so all our high wsd gear is on the same piece making all but one useless.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-12-11 02:39:06  
Asura.Sechs said: »
The rest is... uhm, not as "meh" as feet, but still not really worth 90+ millions gil per piece.
Once prices start going down (will be a long time!) things will be different I guess.

This really gets at the heart of it. Unless we have more pieces like COR feet that are so overwhelmingly amazing that they demolish other options, there's not a ton of incentive for most people to bother upgrading stuff when the cost is so high and the gear is at best a marginal improvement from existing stuff (again, with a couple exceptions per slot). And certainly not justifiable (for all but people to whom gil is no issue) to be spending more than they would on several HQ abjuration/crafted pieces, most of an RME weapon, etc.

For as long as Dyna continues to be kinda boring and doesn't even have exciting loot to draw people in, prices will remain high. Catch 22 there, and they really need to do something to fix this.

My group has limited interest in Dyna already - big time sink for little reward. Even if you might say you could go to farm currency, most people have more efficient ways of making money if that's the goal, so gear needs to really drive some interest here. Nobody is terribly interested in a boring slog any more, regardless of the few minutes of nostalgia for the boring slog of 2005 Dynamis (which dies pretty fast after getting into the Divergence zones).
[+]
By Pantafernando 2017-12-11 02:58:25  
Dragruf wadi also has some worms iirc.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2017-12-11 02:58:27  
Possible Bastok boss's moves/SPs :
Charm
Ore Hurl
Hell Whirl
Thousand Fists (probably an enhanced version of Hundred Fists)

Intense Ambuscade :
Geo debuffs work and aren't nerfed on the Breadwinner.
Doesn't seem to counter songs/rolls/favor/bubbles.
Immune to Stun, Urchin adds are not.
TP moves are time based (30~ seconds recast, Mewing Lullaby doesn't work).
Shocking Meeble Warble : AoE dmg + Shock (50/tick dot and stat -103 in VD) + Stun.
Flaming Meeble Warble : AoE dmg + Burn + Plague
Freezing Meeble Warble : AoE dmg + Frost + Paralyze
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-12-11 04:03:39  
How do you "enhance" Hundred Fists?
 Cerberus.Neojuggernaut
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Neojuggernaut 2017-12-11 04:07:04  
D and VD Vol 1 Notes:

Difficult: Run (Epeo), Brd, Whm, Nin x2, Rdm
Rdm can land all necessary enfeebles, would open with sabo frazzle Iii for good measure

Adds can be slept with Sleep II easily, not sure if lullaby was landing without troub

One run we got it to 22% with no adds. Run disengaged and was no longer getting countered. We thought maybe this was a trigger since no adds but next run disproved that thought. 22% run, the housekeeper came out of left field and walloped the whm and Rdm and then went back to her normal idle spot. Took us by complete surprise.

Before fight, whm swapped to such and gave regen v, helped a lot with shock dot

Adds will prob blue !! And wake up after tp moves it seems.

Very Difficult: same setup
Went about the same as above but didn't get as far down. Breadwinner could be easily enfeebled minus slow II, needed an immunobreak. Adds needed frazzle to sleep. My sets aren't optimal but are up there so a decked out rdm can prolly land no problem. That's all I have for now.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-12-11 05:33:46  

make it last ten times as long =p
[+]
 Asura.Cair
VIP
user: Minjo
By Asura.Cair 2017-12-11 05:37:15  
The same way Haphlas had "enhanced" SPs, I'd imagine? Larceny doesn't work, some other additional effect.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Madranta
サーバ: Valefor
user: Madranta
By Valefor.Madranta 2017-12-11 06:27:08  
DirectX said: »
Can anyone please confirm if they have or have not switched the armor sets in Gallantry and Hallmarks rewards this month? I hope they have.

They have not been switched. Rewards are pretty close to the same as they were last month.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2017-12-11 07:18:33  

101 Fists!
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-11 08:27:19  
PUP is a *** "tank". The robot is practically invincible yet can't hold hate worth a damn. They are a WAR/PLD with no gear swaps or enmity sets, just full time DT gear. It only works with things that won't generate hate anyways like pets or relic RNGs.

So lets stop with the ***, saying PUP is a "great tank" is like saying MNK is a "great DD" or SMN is a "great healer".
[+]
By eliroo 2017-12-11 08:33:41  
It can pretty reliably hold hate with their SP abilities, but yea other than that they lose hate really quick the Heyoka set may aid in that a bit though.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9