Suddenly Unable To Get Past Downloading Data

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Windower » Support » Suddenly Unable to Get Past Downloading Data
Suddenly Unable to Get Past Downloading Data
By cronix 2017-12-13 23:03:56  
Perhaps someone has some insight on my issue.

I am playing with Windower running tonight and all is well, when my alt's client crashes. Not a big deal, so I go to reboot it and find that Windower is having a hell of a time launching (will not launch).

My Windower crash log reads as follows:
Code
[ 4.3.6527.29983 ] 2017-12-14 03:57:36.3769795 UTC
---------------------------------------------------------------------
System.IO.IOException: The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, Object dirSecurityObj, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectoryHelper(String path, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path)
   at Launcher.Tasks.FileDownloadTask.CreateTempFile(String tempdir)
   at Launcher.Tasks.UpdateManifestTask.RunGuarded()
   at Launcher.Tasks.GuardedTask.Run()
   at Launcher.Tasks.Task.Run(Core core)
   at Launcher.Core.Run()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

I'm not sure what was "corrupted" but I was having difficulties with my audio drivers and so I went to do a quick system restore (Running Windows 8). System restore told me that my C:Drive contained corrupted files, so I ran a windows repair tool to correct whatever issue it was having. The repair was somehow successful, and I rolled my PC back to three days prior when everything definitely still worked, but FFXI's issues persisted.

I tried disabling all plugins and addons, I also tried launching from the Vanilla launcher - and every single time, it allows me to reach the black "Downloading Data" screen after character selection, and then it crashes with the error message "PlayOnline Viewer has stopped working." I have performed the file check option in POL itself and found no errors or issues. I myself have not changed any major settings but tonight I installed the December patch (which was not a problem as I played for two hours NP).

Any thoughts on this? I am honestly baffled and don't know what to do. Am I hosed and do I need to fully reinstall everything, or is there something simple I am missing?

Thanks!
By DaneBlood 2017-12-14 06:29:00  
Start basic hardware testing. you dta corruptions happens for a reason

ram: metest86
CPU: prime95
HDD: crystal disk info

After that you can try manually updating your files.
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/38211/ffxi-update-patch/
By cronix 2017-12-14 10:25:59  
I have run the above tests and there appear to be no issues. Windower is no longer giving me any problems, but rather POL itself. When I select a character, the screen goes black and Downloading Data appears in the corner - and then it crashes with a PlayOnline Viewer has stopped working error message. I am up to date on the patch file. Not sure how to proceed but it is still non-functional. :<
 Bismarck.Vashkoda
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Vashkoda
By Bismarck.Vashkoda 2017-12-14 16:08:17  
I was having this issue yesterday as well. It’s not your files, it’s due to lag between you and the server that stalls the game when it tries to load your inventory. I’m not seeing comments of it happening to others right now, so people are either keeping quiet or it’s affecting a limited number this time. The last time it happened to a large number of players was in March 2016, and was mostly triggered by zoning:

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/48607/warning-do-not-enter-southern-san-doria-s-bismarck

Yesterday it happened to my main and one pretty overloaded mule just by logging in, while another mule could log in, but then got the downloading error on zoning. I’m at work so I haven’t tried again today. I don’t think SE ever admitted there had been a problem last time, and it resolved for most people after a day or so.
By cronix 2017-12-21 11:24:26  
I just wanted to post an update to this post in case anyone else runs across this issue: I fully uninstalled FFXI and POL, and did a clean reinstall, using the links on the POL website. Since I suspected this was a file corruption issue as described above, I did not do a manual patch, but instead left my laptop on patching the "official" way overnight. Everything worked and I did not have to reinstall Windower or anything else.

Curious that the Check Files option in POL wasn't able to pick up on the issue and correct it.

Hope this helps someone else!