Random Politics & Religion #31: 2018 Edition

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #31: 2018 Edition
Random Politics & Religion #31: 2018 Edition
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31 ... 55 56 57
By fonewear 2018-01-19 09:26:58  
The great part is the House Intelligence Committee won't read 150 pages either.

The guy will be like: Yea yea I don't have time to read it just give me the gist of it.
[+]
By Zerowone 2018-01-19 13:12:17  
fonewear said: »
The great part is the House Intelligence Committee won't read 150 pages either.

The guy will be like: Yea yea I don't have time to read it just give me the gist of it.

Sounds like they should change the name.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-01-19 13:27:12  
That's what interns are for... I'm not even joking
[+]
By Zerowone 2018-01-19 13:30:43  
clearlyamule said: »

I thought they were for penetrating with cigars and under the desk blowies while you’re on the phone telling the wife you got to work an other 2hrs
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-01-19 13:59:59  
That too. But they need some reading material while that's going on
[+]
By fonewear 2018-01-19 14:31:41  

That is the beauty of government work. You get a job where basically you get unpaid interns to work for you. Then you take the credit.
[+]
By Zerowone 2018-01-19 15:42:37  
fonewear said: »

That is the beauty of government work. You get a job where basically you get unpaid interns to work for you. Then you take the credit.

Kind of like moderating a forum on the Internet.
[+]
By Zerowone 2018-01-19 15:46:39  
http://www.statesman.com/news/crime--law/texas-judge-interrupts-jury-says-god-told-him-defendant-not-guilty/ZRdGbT7xPu7lc6kMMPeWKL/

“You just can’t make this stuff up”
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-01-19 15:53:51  
Believe it or not, there is actually some bipartisanship in congress and its all Jeff Session's fault.

Pot Showdown: How Congress Is Uniting to Stop Jeff Sessions' War on Drugs

The attorney general has managed to finally bring Democrats and Republicans together on one issue: weed

Rolling Stone
 Phoenix.Amandarius
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2018-01-19 18:25:04  
Just a few short hours away from Democrats suicide bombing the economy as a tribute to illegal immigrants. Will they do it?
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-01-19 18:47:01  
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Just a few short hours away from Democrats suicide bombing the economy as a tribute to illegal immigrants. Will they do it?
Too Late
Republicans’ failure to govern has pushed government to the brink.
How republicans created the shutdown crisis

Slate. Known liberal source.

Telling points:
Quote:
Rhetoric aside, however, the Republican Party is in an emergency of its own making. If, once again, Americans face a government shutdown, it’s because Republicans refuse to act as a governing party, wasting time on political gambits instead of doing the difficult work of finding consensus....

Last week, the president scuttled the deal brokered by Sens. Lindsey Graham and *** Durbin, following a now-infamous meeting where Trump called both Haiti and various African nations “shitholes.”...
There was a bipartisan deal. Trump blew up.

Quote:
On Tuesday, when House leadership presented the measure to rank-and-file Republicans, it was met with defiance from the conservative radicals in the House Freedom Caucus, who threatened to torpedo the proposal out of anger at being fed another stopgap bill. This left Paul Ryan with a choice. He could circumvent the Freedom Caucus and negotiate with Democrats, or he could make concessions and hope to pin blame for a shutdown on Democrats. He chose the latter,...
And today Republicans are viewed as more responsible for any shutdown by a 20% margin. All to get the talking points that the donor class, grateful for the tax cuts, will amply with dark monied megaphones.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-01-19 19:15:32  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
And today Republicans are viewed as more responsible for any shutdown by a 20% margin. All to get the talking points that the donor class, grateful for the tax cuts, will amply with dark monied megaphones.

And yet it's still a minority that blame the Republicans.

Which means even less when you realize that 2% of the population actually knows what a "government shutdown" actually is thanks to decades of lies, misinformation, and exaggeration.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-01-19 19:29:33  
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Too Late
Republicans’ failure to govern has pushed government to the brink.
How republicans created the shutdown crisis

Slate. Known liberal source.

Telling points:
Quote:
Rhetoric aside, however, the Republican Party is in an emergency of its own making. If, once again, Americans face a government shutdown, it’s because Republicans refuse to act as a governing party, wasting time on political gambits instead of doing the difficult work of finding consensus....

Last week, the president scuttled the deal brokered by Sens. Lindsey Graham and *** Durbin, following a now-infamous meeting where Trump called both Haiti and various African nations “shitholes.”...
There was a bipartisan deal. Trump blew up.

Quote:
On Tuesday, when House leadership presented the measure to rank-and-file Republicans, it was met with defiance from the conservative radicals in the House Freedom Caucus, who threatened to torpedo the proposal out of anger at being fed another stopgap bill. This left Paul Ryan with a choice. He could circumvent the Freedom Caucus and negotiate with Democrats, or he could make concessions and hope to pin blame for a shutdown on Democrats. He chose the latter,...

Republicans evil Democrats good
[+]
By fonewear 2018-01-19 19:30:26  
I had to type it a lot cause you guys are *** dumb.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-01-19 19:32:26  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
And yet it's still a minority that blame the Republicans.
Yes. And your next paragraph, which explains why a 20% advantage in blame is still a minority, I SO agree with.

Quote:
Which means even less when you realize that 2% of the population actually knows what a "government shutdown" actually is thanks to decades of lies, misinformation, and exaggeration.
Bipartisan lies, misinformation, and exaggeration I will add.

Rated up.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-01-19 19:33:18  
I mean what's new? The same people that blamed them when dems were in control are going to blame them now and would still blame them even if they had a super majority in every governing body in the country.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-01-19 19:35:30  
I mean what's new? The same people that blamed them when dems were in control are going to blame them now and would still blame them even if they had a super majority in every governing body in the country.
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2018-01-19 19:39:15  
Chanti doesn’t it wear you down after awhile; telling yourself lies, knowing they’re lies and believing the lies? Can you tell me wtf rushing a deal to legalize illegal immigrants has to do with the Democrats responsibility to fund the government?
[+]
By fonewear 2018-01-19 19:40:22  
S H U T I T D O W N T H E G O Y I M K N O W
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-01-19 19:49:58  
We should just shut it down for a year. Give it time to reboot properly
[+]
By fonewear 2018-01-19 19:55:24  
We should just shut it down for a year. Give it time to reboot properly
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-01-19 21:30:42  

When was there a shutdown with Dems in full control?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-01-19 22:05:04  
Viciouss said: »

When was there a shutdown with Dems in full control?

There hasn't been a shutdown with anyone in full control, but only because the shutdown as it exists today is a relatively recent phenomenon. Jimmy Carter had funding gaps three times before it was decided that, you know, you can't keep everything going without agreement on how to pay for it.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2018-01-19 22:25:10  
How can a governing party hold power over all branches of government yet still fail to prevent a shutdown?
By Viciouss 2018-01-19 22:29:22  
Ruaumoko said: »
How can a governing party hold power over all branches of government yet still fail to prevent a shutdown?

By not working on a budget, at all. They haven't even drawn up the framework, and it expired in September. 2017 was a wasted year for this Congress, they didn't actually do anything they were supposed to. I mean their only plan this whole month is to pass a CR, they aren't actually working on a budget.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-01-19 22:30:16  

Is this a serious question? All it takes is a filibuster from from the minority part and boom, shutdown achieved.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-01-19 22:31:50  
Viciouss said: »

By not working on a budget, at all. They haven't even drawn up the framework, and it expired in September. 2017 was a wasted year for this Congress, they didn't actually do anything they were supposed to. I mean their only plan this whole month is to pass a CR, they aren't actually working on a budget.

I'm starting to wonder if you guys even live in this reality.
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-01-19 22:39:59  
I'm wondering why Mitch McConnell took all day today just to have a last second vote on the House bill that he knew was going to fail 24 hours ago...
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-01-19 22:52:44  
I'm wondering why you care so much.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31 ... 55 56 57