フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » dusk boots or assassin's poulaines
dusk boots or assassin's poulaines
First Page 2
 Bahamut.Yaruary
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Yaruary
By Bahamut.Yaruary 2009-11-05 06:49:04  
hey im just guessing whats better for tping,since i know theres better pieces for tping, im just asking about this 2, i think that triple attack is good,but i really never read nothing noticeable about those boots, also i think the price for 2 % haste dont worth it, but who knows,what you think?
 Phoenix.Mogue
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2009-11-05 06:51:38  
poulaines is ***gear. have a nice day!
[+]
 Kujata.Argettio
サーバ: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-11-05 06:53:29  
Dusk is a better option, and as you add more haste (in other slots) the better dusk become.
[+]
 Ifrit.Ravahan
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Ravahan
By Ifrit.Ravahan 2009-11-05 06:57:10  
Unless you plan on making a haste build, the dusk boots aren't going to do a lot for you except make you change gear to pull/kite. I say stick with the Assassin boots unless you plan on buying the gloves as well and getting a rappare harness so the haste will become noticeable.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-05 06:58:49  
Ifrit.Ravahan said:
Unless you plan on making a haste build, the dusk boots aren't going to do a lot for you except make you change gear to pull/kite. I say stick with the Assassin boots unless you plan on buying the gloves as well and getting a rappare harness so the haste will become noticeable.

Lol.

He's kidding, people. Don't get so worked up.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-05 06:59:38  
Siren.Enternius said:
Ifrit.Ravahan said:
Lol. He's kidding, people. Don't get so worked up.

Somehow I doubt it... either way homam>>all
 Bahamut.Yaruary
By Bahamut.Yaruary 2009-11-05 07:00:20  
Phoenix.Mogue said:

please refrain responses of this type, i just want explanations, no universal truths, thank you.
 Phoenix.Mogue
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2009-11-05 07:02:59  
Ifrit.Ravahan said:

See. y'all thought I was being needlessly rude till stone cold idiot came along.

Seriously though, 80k Tabin +1 are better than AF2 feet, and I die a little when I see anyone wearing them.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-05 07:10:44  
Bahamut.Yaruary said:
Phoenix.Mogue said:
please refrain responses of this type, i just want explanations, no universal truths, thank you.

Ok fine. I beleive pulaines are like +1% to triple attack. Which no matter how much triple attack gear you have will add on average 2 more hits ever 100 attack phases... well 50 for DW but you get the picture. Now 2% haste will reduce your attack speed to .98 of what it used to be granting in the same amount of time 102.04 attacks. Now lets say you were already at say idk lets just say 15% haste from jus the spell. You go from .85 to .83 which is more like 2.4% faster. Now lets say your rocking haste spell and 15 from gear which is damn easy to do on thf. You go from .7 to .68 more like 3%... you get up to good haste amount's and it becomes rediculous. I mean at say 50% haste that 2% haste is really more like 4% increase in attack speed etc...
[+]
By Chapelle 2009-11-05 07:11:57  
Kujata.Argettio said:
Dusk is a better option, and as you add more haste (in other slots) the better dusk become.

This man speaks truth.
[+]
 Bahamut.Yaruary
By Bahamut.Yaruary 2009-11-05 07:19:09  
think i explain bad from the begining,

lets assuming from full merits of triple attack rate adding that +1

or from my current tp set wich have 12% haste add that 2%.
By Chapelle 2009-11-05 07:20:41  
Dusk is minimum 2% increase and triple attack+1% is max 2% increase. 1 haste or higher and dusk win.
By Chapelle 2009-11-05 07:21:17  
Err scratch that, forgot to factor in that thf has base Triple Attack this was from 0% triple attack. Dusk wins at 0% haste too.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-05 07:26:26  
To add onto what Dasva is saying, Haste is exponential, whereas Triple Attack is not.

Let's say we have, oh, 67% delay reduction, a pretty reasonable amount:
20% from double March
15% from Haste
15% from DW
5% from Turban
5% from Suppanomimi
4% from Swift Belt
3% from Dusk Gloves

Once you pass that 50% mark, Haste shoots up in value, like nobody's business c.c So whereas Haste from Dusk feet is only 2% technically, adding 2% to an already 67% delay reduction is the equivalent of

2/(100-67)
2/33
6.06% increase to damage over time.

Likewise, 1% Triple Attack is about a 1.8% increase to damage over time, idk not really feeling very mathy today.
 Kujata.Argettio
サーバ: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-11-05 07:26:26  
The more haste you have the larger the gain will be from dusk.

But, even starting at 5% triple attack (naked unmerited 75 thf) and 0 haste, dusk still wins.

The only time that the AF feet could get close to beating dusk is if you were TPing in "slow+x%" gear or you had slow cast on you. (Purely from a mathematical point of view, not a viable situation to gear yourself for)
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-05 07:29:11  
Here lets make this simple. If you have 0 haste and triple attack these are about the same. If you have more then 0 of either the 2% haste will be better since triple attack will just add 2 hits every 50(100) attack rounds while haste will get you more attack rounds to triple attack while increasing attack speed enough to be the same AND the more haste you have the more it will increase your attack speed. Lets see if you had 10% triple attack and 12% haste you should average 120 swings for every 50 attack rounds.
Add 1% triple attack and that simple adds 1 triple attack in that 50attack rounds or 2 more hits so 122.

Now 14% haste will will bring you from .88 base attack speed to .86 which is a 2.3% increase in attack speed which means in the same time it took you to do 50 attack rounds you can now do 51.2. With which would give you 122.8 swings in that time.

Of course none of this takes into account DW delay reduction which actually doesn't change a thing in comparison but yeah.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-05 07:33:22  
Siren.Enternius said:
To add onto what Dasva is saying, Haste is exponential, whereas Triple Attack is not.

Let's say we have, oh, 67% delay reduction, a pretty reasonable amount:
20% from double March
15% from Haste
15% from DW
5% from Turban
5% from Suppanomimi
4% from Swift Belt
3% from Dusk Gloves

Once you pass that 50% mark, Haste shoots up in value, like nobody's business c.c So whereas Haste from Dusk feet is only 2% technically, adding 2% to an already 67% delay reduction is the equivalent of

2/(100-67)
2/33
6.06% increase to damage over time.

Likewise, 1% Triple Attack is about a 1.8% increase to damage over time, idk not really feeling very mathy today.

Mostly right except you can't count DW since DW and haste are figured seperately so will have no real affect on this. Ie it would be delay*DW reduction *haste delay reduction. So functionally haste and triple attack would just modify the reduced from DW the same since not additive. Otherwise DW would be even more broken. If that makes sense lol. Um kinda like haste and fast cast for recast
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-05 07:34:24  
Yes, they're calculated separately but that amounts in like a 5% margin of error either way and it skips a step so whatever, less work for me and still gets the point across.
By Chapelle 2009-11-05 07:35:46  
Das is 100% correct and I'm surprised that I missed that when reading the post.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-05 07:40:41  
Siren.Enternius said:
Yes, they're calculated separately but that amounts in like a 5% margin of error either way and it skips a step so whatever, less work for me and still gets the point across.

Actually it made you make more work. Because they are factored seperately you can completely ignore DW assuming both builds have the same amount they will have the exact same affect. It'd be like actually factoring in the daggers delay... won't change a thing precentage wise in your calculation
 Unicorn.Excesspain
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-11-05 07:45:14  
Let's say you multiply by 4 to the 3rd power, then get the square root of 7 and divide by 0. Once you get that add 8 carry the 1 then subtract Pi.

In other words Homam! (Then dusk, then maybe relic feet)

I am making a trip attack build for shits and giggles once I get the boots though lol. 2 fane baselards with trip +3 total, homam body, full merits, and the boots.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-05 07:46:43  
Unicorn.Excesspain said:
I am making a trip attack build for shits and giggles once I get the boots though lol. 2 fane baselards with trip 3 total, homam body, full merits, and the boots.

Ridill/Merc Kris for Triple Attack build only >_>
[+]
 Unicorn.Excesspain
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-11-05 08:25:20  
Siren.Enternius said:
Unicorn.Excesspain said:
I am making a trip attack build for shits and giggles once I get the boots though lol. 2 fane baselards with trip 3 total, homam body, full merits, and the boots.
Ridill/Merc Kris for Triple Attack build only >_>

Sure, not dropping 4M and wasting my time in an HNM to do either of those for "shits and giggles"
[+]
 Unicorn.Idevlboy
user: idevlboy
By Unicorn.Idevlboy 2009-11-05 09:22:31  
Unicorn.Excesspain said:
In other words Homam! (Then Enkidu's Leggings, then dusk, then maybe relic feet)

Fixed for you. +3 Dex and 3 Agi, same haste with no slow walking ftw. If you cant get homam get enkidu. If you cant get either then go with the lesser options.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-05 09:27:07  
Honestly, if you can't get Homam (MAYBE Enkidu's), then THF really isn't the job for you. Moreso than almost any other job, THF is highly gear-dependent. That is to say, you'll suck at the job without good gear, even if you know how to play it well.
[+]
 Unicorn.Excesspain
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-11-05 09:28:27  
Unicorn.Idevlboy said:
Unicorn.Excesspain said:
In other words Homam! (Then Enkidu's Leggings, then dusk, then maybe relic feet)
Fixed for you. 3 Dex and 3 Agi, same haste with no slow walking ftw. If you cant get homam get enkidu. If you cant get either then go with the lesser options.

Thanks forgot about those :D
 Odin.Aramina
サーバ: Odin
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-11-05 09:31:00  
Agreed.

Of the two you mention, Dusk > AF2

Overall Homam > Enkidu > Dusk > then maybe Tabin+1/AF2

I basically got Dusk until I could get Homam or Enkidu, then those Dusk will be sold fast.

If you use Dusk for TP, definitely want to think about WS in Rutters, Dragon Boots, etc. Depends on if you're SA, TA or non-SATA WS, too.
[+]
 Seraph.Tarstark
サーバ: Seraph
user: Tarstark
By Seraph.Tarstark 2009-11-05 09:53:49  
I'm glad I read this. I tp in Af2 from a long while back when was told they were better, and never got unlazy enough to re-check.
Oddly/funningly enough, I know the haste thing a lot better due to my whm, just never bothered to carry same train of thought over to my thf.
I WS in denali feet, would rutters be better? I have both.
 Unicorn.Idevlboy
user: idevlboy
By Unicorn.Idevlboy 2009-11-05 10:34:17  
Siren.Enternius said:
Honestly, if you can't get Homam (MAYBE Enkidu's), then THF really isn't the job for you.

Glad someone said it! Cuz i was thinking it. If you are going to just take the easy way out then dont bother. Homam or Enkidu's really require a minimal investment as compaired to a lot of the other "good" gear a thf should have. Meaning you dont need abj's or hundred's of thousands of gil for cursed/-1 armor or multi million gil purchased items. So honestly if you arent willing to invest any time in a job then why bother? But i guess if you just want thf for some TH for farming then to each his own.

For the OP dusk over relic. But honestly neither are a good or respectable option.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-05 10:37:35  
Seraph.Tarstark said:
I'm glad I read this. I tp in Af2 from a long while back when was told they were better, and never got unlazy enough to re-check. Oddly/funningly enough, I know the haste thing a lot better due to my whm, just never bothered to carry same train of thought over to my thf. I WS in denali feet, would rutters be better? I have both.

On thf? For DE I'd rather use homam or enk really. Thf hits fstr caps too easy and things like DEX/agi will always help and 6acc on feet hard to pass up too
First Page 2