user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-01-17 12:17:13  
Yes
 Asura.Oraine
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: crazy00
By Asura.Oraine 2024-01-17 12:44:41  
blue mage should deff be able to solo this maybe. not sure if id run out of mp tho. to bad no guides have been made for solo blu on this run. i might give it a shot.
By Pantafernando 2024-01-17 12:49:41  
Throw PUP overdrive, rotate maneuver, 2 mins win
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-01-17 12:51:30  
Maybe, though it will be quite tricky. Keep in mind you won't have most of the better spells (Occultation, Sudden Lunge, Magic Hammer, Battery Charge, etc.), have very few options for MP.

You might be able to melee it down, but another thing to consider is that at low HP he will be attacking very, very fast.

Also: all your gear over level 60 will have basically no stats, except defense and (bad) base DMG. If you go in without level synced gear, you will have very few, if any, stats on gear.

If you find a strat that works, go ahead and post it here or on bg wiki, or both. Mention the medicines, level sync'd gear, spells, etc. that you used. It may be a fun challenge, but TBH most people just throw a practically-naked PUP at it to solo it with no mess.
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2024-01-17 13:27:27  
Black mage and pup can both solo this very easily. I'm pretty sure beastmaster can too. I've done it on blm many times. Just gravity the thing and kite it down the hallway rotating aero 3, stone 3, thunder 2 and blizzard 2. Bind it at the end of the hallway and then kite it back to the main arena. You can hit it with sleep if gravity wears at a bad time. Very easy solo. You can pick up some yagudo drinks from the porter moogle for the 3 MP/tic refresh. It can be useful. The refresh is quite handy. Iridal or chatoyant staff makes the fight a lot faster. You should at least get a NQ version if you're gonna do it on blm. Having a proper level synced nuking staff helps speed up the kills a ton.
 Shiva.Flowen
サーバ: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2024-01-17 15:05:33  
Asura.Melliny said: »
I'm pretty sure beastmaster can too.

Having soloed this many times on pup, blm, rdm, drg and bst, I can tell you bst is by far the best job for solo up in arms outside of overdrive pup.

Coldblood como is the pet you want. Tail blow > brain crush > tail blow for a 3 step skillchain that takes it down to like 30% in the first few seconds, then brain crush > rampage to finish it off after 1 ready move recast
[+]
 Asura.Cthaeh
By Asura.Cthaeh 2024-01-17 15:07:39  
Pantafernando said: »
Throw PUP overdrive, rotate maneuver, 2 mins win

You don't even have to overdrive this... It's a joke on PUP.

Barrier Module II, Stabilizer III, Speedloader II, Tension Spring III, Steam Jacket, Turbo Charger 1 & 2, Armor Plate IV, Heatsink, Auto-repair kit IV, Coiler

Light/Fire/Lightning or Light/Lightning/Lightning

No items needed, you can pretty much afk as long as you keep maneuvers up. Your auto will never fall below 75% and that will only happen during the first 45 seconds. 3 minute kill, nothing to worry about. Don't assist, just stand back and keep those 3 maneuvers up and nothing else.

Can be 100% naked with only turbo animator.
[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
By Shiva.Flowen 2024-01-17 15:36:44  
Asura.Cthaeh said: »

The lv1 animator is fine. Turbo only adds 2 dex. Solid brain dead method just slower than bst outside of overdrive
By K123 2024-01-17 16:17:40  
Shiva.Flowen said: »
Asura.Cthaeh said: »

The lv1 animator is fine. Turbo only adds 2 dex. Solid brain dead method just slower than bst outside of overdrive
I know nothing about PUP, do you just enter, call pet, use Overdrive and set pet onto it? How do you use TP moves on pet?
 Asura.Jenniferrr
user: Pirates
By Asura.Jenniferrr 2024-01-17 16:28:57  
You cannot do this battle totally naked. Well kinda. Your character could be naked except animator but the puppet needs attachments which are essentially it's gear. Obviously there's no real reason to do it naked other than the lol's.

For this particular battle you can use an entry level PUP with the attachments listed above and easily clear the battlefield. I would bring along some meds just in case (they're dirt cheap from the NPC)

Over Drive is not needed at all. If you're doing multiple runs back to back you can use it just to speed up the run. Without overdrive the battle should be over in less than 5 minutes.

You're not really able to control TP moves on your puppet. The attachments you equip and maneuvers you use determine the puppet performs. Visit the wiki page for a better explanation but if you're just using it for this battle just equip what's listed

The attachments (some of them) are a little bit of an investment but it's hella fun to play around with any pet job whenever you get a chance.

Also, there are a number of videos on youtube showing how its done on various jobs.
 Bahamut.Kaiylie
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Kaiylie 2024-01-17 16:30:53  
Enter, Activate, Fire->Light->Earth maneuvers, deploy, run out of AoE range, do laundry.
 Bahamut.Noscrying
user: NoScrying
By Bahamut.Noscrying 2024-01-17 17:30:43  
Bahamut.Kaiylie said: »
Enter, Activate, Fire->Light->Earth maneuvers, deploy, run out of AoE range, do laundry.
What's Earth for?
My UIA Attachments has enough regen to never die on Light Fire Wind.

<frame>valoredge frame</frame>
<head>valoredge head</head>
<slot01>auto-repair kit iii</slot01>
<slot02>optic fiber</slot02>
<slot03>turbo charger</slot03>
<slot04>flame holder</slot04>
<slot05>turbo charger ii</slot05>
<slot06>armor plate iv</slot06>
<slot07>barrier module</slot07>
<slot08>magniplug ii</slot08>
<slot09>stabilizer iii</slot09>
<slot10>coiler</slot10>
<slot11>magniplug</slot11>
<slot12>heatsink</slot12>
 Bahamut.Kaiylie
By Bahamut.Kaiylie 2024-01-17 18:01:06  
I think I use an Armor Plate in mine. Point is, it's basically a set and forget it even without OD.

Oh APIV is listed. It's for that nice yellow aesthetic in your buff bar, idk. Point stands tho.
 Asura.Cthaeh
By Asura.Cthaeh 2024-01-17 19:51:40  
Asura.Jenniferrr said: »
You cannot do this battle totally naked. Well kinda. Your character could be naked except animator but the puppet needs attachments which are essentially it's gear. Obviously there's no real reason to do it naked other than the lol's.

Didn't think this needed said as I mentioned the attachments just before, but as Jenniferrr stated. Aside from the Animator and the pup attachments, totally naked and you are in no danger.
By jubes 2024-01-17 20:15:04  
bst is fast, so fast they are stuck waiting on call beast to reset between attempts. much more satisfying too if you can make the jugs, seeing 70% disappear in one skillchain. well, personal preference still i guess, but worth seeing a few times if you've only ever done pup.
 Asura.Cthaeh
By Asura.Cthaeh 2024-01-17 20:35:42  
jubes said: »
bst is fast, so fast they are stuck waiting on call beast to reset between attempts. much more satisfying too if you can make the jugs, seeing 70% disappear in one skillchain. well, personal preference still i guess, but worth seeing a few times if you've only ever done pup.

Yep, that's why pup. 5 minutes is too long when you have 100 orbs to burn.
 Cerberus.Natsuhiko
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Natsuhiko
By Cerberus.Natsuhiko 2024-01-18 04:00:59  

Changing jobs and back again resets abilities that aren't 1hrs. I was going faster on bst than my warp ring allowed.

Edit: Set your homepoint somewhere w/ nomad moogles so you don't have to zone to reset.
By SimonSes 2024-01-18 04:27:53  

There is strategy on pup (I think it require MLs for highest effectiveness, when it finish skillchain and also does massive damage, but cant find it.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2024-01-18 07:15:54  
AFAIK MLs are eliminated when you level cap, so it probably doesn't require them.

Just using Overdrive makes it like a 45 second fight or something?

I go faster on PUP than the warp ring allows, too, without personally meleeing. I just make sure to keep an instant warp scroll on me.

I was using Light -> Thunder -> Fire and Grape Daifuku.
By Pantafernando 2024-01-18 07:22:07  
My optimal route for Up in Arms was having all my chars within same account with PUP skilled.

Enter one, 1h, win, logout.

Enter two, 1h, win, logout.

Till all mules are used. By that time, the 1h is already up or youre already saturated and wants to do something else. Either way, I dont think using 1h as a limitation as you can plan ahead to never be on the cooldown.

Having extra accounts is necessary so you can monthly earn the login point beastman seals, allowing something in the hundred amount of tries per month.

The essence of grinding is speed. Farming KC requires having a mindset to repeat 1000 times for one drop.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-01-18 07:27:01  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
AFAIK MLs are eliminated when you level cap, so it probably doesn't require them.

Just using Overdrive makes it like a 45 second fight or something?

I go faster on PUP than the warp ring allows, too, without personally meleeing. I just make sure to keep an instant warp scroll on me.

I was using Light -> Thunder -> Fire and Grape Daifuku.
pup/blm and use refresh pieces like DM herc, itll keep you full on the orb run menuing a new scroll every time sucks

akamochi > grape too. Auto doesn't have enough stat to hit food cap 16% > 10%
(Pretty sure the haste from wind beats a thunder manuever too)

All 10 second improvements, better food, better manuever, no scroll, 30 seconds*1000 runs, it adds up!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2024-01-18 08:37:05  
Hmmm... that would probably work. Iirc my round trip time was something like 5.5-6min on PUP/BLM with HP in PJ and the refresh herc only works out of the BC, so you are looking at something like 50 ticks and probably only need 2 refresh to cast warp reliably each cycle.

I never got a k-club, but I made quite a few mil off the other drops.
By SimonSes 2024-01-18 09:58:17  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »

Weird I for sure remember the short time where Automaton MLs were totally broken (they gave it +10 per lvl instead of +1) and people were obliterating Up in Arms then.

Anyway I went and tested what I can do and this is the result:

Not a 70%HP, but also pretty good.

EDIT: This was also with automaton at around 1300TP, so you could technically wait longer with starting SC and you could probably push it to that 60-70%HP damage, but that wouldnt necessarily result in faster kill.
 Shiva.Flowen
By Shiva.Flowen 2024-01-18 22:37:39  
Cerberus.Natsuhiko said: »

Changing jobs and back again resets abilities that aren't 1hrs. I was going faster on bst than my warp ring allowed.

Edit: Set your homepoint somewhere w/ nomad moogles so you don't have to zone to reset.

Exactly this.. but people love to try and find excuses to resume their inferior methods lol. Also, just /blm, get your mp back when you reset bestial loyalty.
 Asura.Cthaeh
By Asura.Cthaeh 2024-01-19 00:11:19  
Don't think anyone is really saying PUP is the fastest or best way... It's that you don't need any gear other than a few 100k in attachments. Also you don't need to do much, which is a relief when you do it for 12 hours straight for a week which still won't likely get you a club.
 Asura.Bootus
user: Sgtsalt
By Asura.Bootus 2024-01-19 05:06:22  
I'd argue that while something like BST is a tiny bit faster, PUP is better because you can do your orbs while you're doing something else lol. You can literally afk for the fight.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-01-19 05:12:25  
Real men solo it on Warrior with a club.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-01-19 06:00:45  
We are all virtual beings though
 Shiva.Myamoto
user: Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2024-01-19 09:05:26  
I average 2:25 clear times +-5 seconds on PUP without using Overdrive. How fast is BST? I am surprised to hear that BST is much faster apparently.
First Page 2