By RadialArcana 2024-02-11 06:41:12  
YouTube Video Placeholder

They weren't lying.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-02-11 16:57:21  
I would say Palworld is Pokemon with Farmville
[+]
By Draylo 2024-02-11 18:00:07  
I feel like Temtems was more of a Pokemon clone, this is more like a mix of a few games and reminds me a lot of like Pokemon legends areceus which I liked a lot. I wonder why temtem didnt have as much success, for me I don't like the double battle.
[+]
 Bahamut.Suph
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2024-02-11 19:57:35  
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-02-11 20:05:45  
Draylo said: »
I feel like Temtems was more of a Pokemon clone, this is more like a mix of a few games and reminds me a lot of like Pokemon legends areceus which I liked a lot. I wonder why temtem didnt have as much success, for me I don't like the double battle.

Mechanics take too long (breeding takes *** forever), limited endgame, and when the game launched the devs pulled a Matsui and said there would be no major content updates (no new areas, Temtems, etc)

basically the opposite of Palworld which has already put out a roadmap w/ tons of new upcoming features, new maps, new Pals, etc.
[+]
By ruckusMonster 2024-02-11 23:35:59  
Draylo said: »

I remember TemTem having lots of problems but one of them was it was billed as a MMO, so everybody who didn't want to play a MMO stayed away from it. But then it was pretty much just a single player game with other players running around you, so people who wanted an actual MMO were turned off and left.
 Bahamut.Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2024-02-12 04:06:56  
Palworld has consumed my life the way FFXI used to back in the day
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-02-12 06:41:42  
Back in the day, it took several years before I could begin to figure things at FFXI.

Palworld, after watching a couple of videos, I feel like I grasped the better part of it.

After knowing better routes to play, the game can become kinda tiresome with so many farming and farming consumables.

Maybe if I didnt check videos, I could still be blind to most efficient farming and having a blast figuring stuffs.

But I guess this is what it is
By Pantafernando 2024-02-12 06:46:41  
But how it is playing Palworld with friends?

Whats the experience?
 Asura.Bluespoons
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Bluespoons 2024-02-12 07:04:09  
My husband and our kid play this together. They play a lot of games together, but this one has provided some of the biggest laughs and loudest WTFs in a good while.

Playing with others sounds pretty great, but idk anything about it besides hearing them both complain that Jormuntide Ignis is a big fat *** who won't do any damn work besides breed.
By RadialArcana 2024-02-12 07:14:27  
A lot of survival games are really addictive, green hell, the forest and conan exiles are great (althogh the last one has tiddies and etc)

Palworld is one of the first ones that managed to appeal to adults and kids alike to an almost minecraft level, it's amazing how big it become as just an early access game. Imagine how massive it will be when it goes final.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-02-12 08:49:17  
As a personal testimony, Palworld's similarities to Pokemon are merely aesthetic. You capture creatures in spheres and they can be your friend (pal). They have elements, types, and weaknesses that resemble the Pokemon hierarchy, mostly because it makes sense (fire should burn leaf). The creature designs may have been ripped (influenced) from Pokemon just like Pokemon may have ripped (influenced) from other things, like nature. Once you get passed the basic cosmetic similarities, though, Palworld is nothing like Pokemon.

You can do more things with your Pals than what you can do with your Pokemon. I can use my green monkey to help me craft bullets or deliver supplies, and then in battle I can use him to fire a machine gun. There Vulpix-copycat pal can be used as a flamethrower to mow down targets, then i can use him to cook a steak on the base campfire. That's just scratching the surface.

It's a survival game, the first that I've played. Was able to pick it up and learn in just a few short minutes of playing without watching any videos about it. There's lacking a primary story and side quests so it does lack depth for those looking for it, but fundamentally, it boils down to catching Pals, using them for work, gathering resources, crafting, base building, and hunting/breeding/high level activities. I was spending hours overnight the first few weeks, but since reaching level 50 due to tampering with the single player settings, I play significantly less now. I'm at the point where I'm having to finish the zone bosses and finish up base leveling progress, then I can take on legendaries. Think the game will stay fun for a bit, and it speaks to a wide range of players (people who just want to make nice looking bases or raise/breed unique types).

The game is in early release, so there's a plethora of bugs, glitches, and outright exploits (you can actually capture the biome bosses with their pals, imagine catching Brock from Pokemon). I just discovered you can force the in game police PIDF too commit suicide if you reach high WANTED levels. Hilarious. But I expect much of that to get fixed as time goes on. So far, it's a fun game to play for me.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [52 days between previous and next post]
By Pantafernando 2024-04-04 05:43:13  
[+]
 Bahamut.Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2024-04-04 08:45:43  
By Pantafernando 2024-04-04 09:38:57  
Bahamut.Suph said: »