サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2024-03-10 22:47:21  
Patch Notes
https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/61562

Items
New Items - https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/March_2024_Version_Update_Changes

Items (probably just login item) will be updated in the morning.
[+]
By Shuko 2024-03-10 23:59:03  
Another lite one, but I am hoping to see fun stuff on the next vanabout, praying for muffin bonus, or ep bonus as the prize

Round 2 coming May!
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-03-11 00:08:02  
[+]
By jubes 2024-03-11 00:49:02  
700 files in a nothing update? odd
By Draylo 2024-03-11 01:04:22  
Preparing for the expansion
[+]
By Beau 2024-03-11 01:09:34  
The issue wherein the stat adjustments for the weapon skill "Ruthless Stroke" were incorrect.
 * The stat adjustment was set to "DEX/VIT" initially, but it has been changed to "DEX/AGI" in order to match the weapon's upgrade status.
・The issue wherein the stat adjustments for the weapon skill "Dagda" were incorrect.
 * The stat adjustment was set to "INT/MND" initially, but it has been changed to "STR/MND" in order to match the weapon's upgrade status.
・Various issues with incorrect text.

side note: hope they unf*cked the recent server lag
[+]
 Asura.Certainly
user: Lutia
By Asura.Certainly 2024-03-11 01:12:26  
Beau said: »
The issue wherein the stat adjustments for the weapon skill "Ruthless Stroke" were incorrect.
 * The stat adjustment was set to "DEX/VIT" initially, but it has been changed to "DEX/AGI" in order to match the weapon's upgrade status.
・The issue wherein the stat adjustments for the weapon skill "Dagda" were incorrect.
 * The stat adjustment was set to "INT/MND" initially, but it has been changed to "STR/MND" in order to match the weapon's upgrade status.
This is what happens when you copypasta weaponskills with your forehead.
[+]
 Sylph.Thelona
user: Thelona
By Sylph.Thelona 2024-03-11 02:05:04  
Ruthless Stroke still reads a skillchain property of Dissolution instead of Liquefaction.
[+]
By K123 2024-03-11 02:29:26  
Sylph.Thelona said: »
Ruthless Stroke still reads a skillchain property of Dissolution instead of Liquefaction.
Hey, they've gotta leave something to write about next patch.
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-03-11 03:23:44  
Draylo said: »
time mage and chemist right
[+]
By Tarage 2024-03-11 03:40:48  
Asura.Thunderjet said: »
time mage and chemist right
Yeah just like them adding Corsair and Green Mage to FFXIV.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-03-11 03:44:03  
jubes said: »

I really hate how they refuse to tell us what they are doing, this means it's either busy work or they are changing something they don't want you to know they are changing.

Not too long ago they updates a load of graphics, removing "no entry" signs and stuff and said nothing.

Needs to be better cataloguing of exactly what dats are changed in each update.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-03-11 05:53:20  

Preparing to break the servers eventually by "Fixing them" so they will continue into perpetuity

Also those are the slimmest 5 posts in the patch notes.
 Shiva.Haldarn
サーバ: Shiva
user: Haldarn
By Shiva.Haldarn 2024-03-11 07:40:34  
RadialArcana said: »
busy work

I think you've got the dark of it.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2024-03-11 09:43:58  
Items updated
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-03-11 09:47:12  
They couldnt even bother making a +1 synergized version of the login campaign cosmetic item lol
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2024-03-11 09:58:27  
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
They couldnt even bother making a +1 synergized version of the login campaign cosmetic item lol
I had to do a double take when I saw this to make sure there was not a +1. If you look back at the H2H they released, the login page had a popup about the synergy if you clicked the image. This month does not. So yes, indeed, they were too lazy to make a +1.
[+]
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2024-03-11 10:12:53  
Quote:

Ok so now can they switch Hi to DEX and Jishnu's to AGI like god intended?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-03-11 10:25:45  
Mercy Stroke to DEX, Geirskogul to STR, CDC to STR, Entropy to STR.

All WS for a weapon type must have the same modifier!
[+]
By SimonSes 2024-03-11 10:35:25  
Asura.Leonlionheart said: »
Ok so now can they switch Hi to DEX and Jishnu's to AGI like god intended?

I don't think so. Ruthless was just a mistake, since the weapon had dex, agi and chr. Kannagi and Gandiva have same stats as WSC on their WSs, so they would need to change WSs and stats on items.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-03-11 10:52:28  
Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Mercy Stroke to DEX, Geirskogul to STR, CDC to STR, Entropy to STR.

All WS for a weapon type must have the same modifier!

Welcome to the world of Marksmanship (except for Terminus and Coronach)....and its boring as hell.
By Thunderjet 2024-03-11 11:57:10  
m
WHAT MODIFIERS ARE CHANGED? even for CDC!?
By SimonSes 2024-03-11 12:02:09  
Thunderjet said: »
m
WHAT MODIFIERS ARE CHANGED? even for CDC!?

He was just referencing previous post wishful thinking lol
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
サーバ: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2024-03-11 12:06:23  
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »

Tbh, I don't mind this.

Stop making new Ambuscade V2 mobs. Stop with new Login Campaign items.

Give us every 3 months a new HTBF or new Unity NM instead.

Give us SOMETHING to be excited about.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-03-11 12:16:31  
Except they already made all the new art for the cosmetic weapon. I'm no artist, but I'm pretty sure what they've already created with the base Esoteric Athame is the majority of the effort. How much more effort is it to copy the icon image, slap a white border around it and add some minor mundane "Darksday: Attack+20" stat, then copy any other cosmetic synergy formula and change the element to dark?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-03-11 12:24:31  
SimonSes said: »
He was just referencing previous post wishful thinking lol

This. More like mocking the "broken" modifiers. In the case of the primes, they actually made a mistake in the modifiers (not matching the stats on the weapon). Maybe it was copy-pasta, who knows what the problem was. In the case of Blade: Hi, Jishnu's Radiance, and various other WS like the ones I listed above, they intentionally made a WS with different WSC than (most of) the other WS for their weapon type.

This provides at least SOME variety in the gear choices you might make for different WS and is a good thing for a game like this where the fun is in making gearsets. The alternative is to just slap DEX on every dagger WS, STR on every sword WS, MND on every club WS, AGI on every marksmanship/archery WS, etc. As Celebrindal pointed out, this makes for an incredibly boring experience where you have 1 WS set for an entire weapon category.

There are exceptions like fTP replicating WS and whatnot, but my point was the more variety we have in WS, the better. Having an AGI-based katana WS is an interesting oddity that can make gear choices more interesting.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-03-11 12:36:26  
Really nothing wrong with DEX on CDC. It didn't scale well into current year because it has low, nonscaling fTP in favor of crits which in itself isn't bad (and in fact synergizes with DEX WSC nicely) especially since Sword is already a pretty stacked weapon. CDC still serviceable occasionally for easy Light skillchains.

Edit: Nevermind, you weren't serious
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-03-11 13:04:18  
RadialArcana said: »
jubes said: »

I really hate how they refuse to tell us what they are doing, this means it's either busy work or they are changing something they don't want you to know they are changing.

Not too long ago they updates a load of graphics, removing "no entry" signs and stuff and said nothing.

Needs to be better cataloguing of exactly what dats are changed in each update.

Well I found one thing they ninja'd. They did something to the npc list and broke Nunaarl for Unitynpc

Moved her up or down a slot, Eternal Flame still in the right spot.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-03-11 13:23:38  
I want to live in a world where SE cares about FFXI
[+]
By Zehira 2024-03-11 13:32:23  
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
I want to live in a world where SE cares about FFXI

SE actually cares about FFXI which is why we are going to see new FFXI in FFXIV's Dawntrail... but the community? Not so much. SE could just dump it into the toilet bowl and flush then make a new FFXI for gen z.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7