users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Shiva » Attention Smn Burners
Attention Smn Burners
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2009-12-12 13:23:27  
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Don't try to make us all look bad, nerd.

I nearly would of missed the troll, but the Konata in your avatar truly gave it away ;)
 Ramuh.Haseyo
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-12-12 13:25:03  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
I nearly would of missed the troll, but the Konata in your avatar truly gave it away ;)

Damn! I knew it would give me away.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2009-12-12 13:26:00  
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:

Damn! I knew it would give me away.

Don't feel bad, not many get through my awesome troll sensors :D
 Fairy.Brenda
サーバ: Fairy
user: Jornna
By Fairy.Brenda 2009-12-12 13:39:31  
I have to ask.

Why do you macro in Temple Gaiters for Asuran Fist?
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2009-12-12 13:40:58  
Fairy.Brenda said:
I have to ask.

Why do you macro in Temple Gaiters for Asuran Fist?

Probably the same reason you still have a spike earring, lack of gil. :)

Lazyness also, I can't be bothered to pick up fed khyan, and thought the +dex would be more of a help than the haste+

Why do you ask?
 Fairy.Brenda
By Fairy.Brenda 2009-12-12 13:49:18  
I just find it funny you guys are talking about how anyone who does burns is gimp yet you use Temple Gaiters for Asuran Fists.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2009-12-12 13:51:06  
Fairy.Brenda said:
I just find it funny you guys are talking about how anyone who does burns is gimp yet you use Temple Gaiters for Asuran Fists.

I think you misunderstand me.

By gimp, I mean gimp at the job, as in can't play the job for ***.

And people who smn burn can't play their job for ***, as they leech.

I'd never mock anyone for lack of gear, I'm not a gear elitist.

Fairy.Darkei
user: Darkei
By Fairy.Darkei 2009-12-12 14:53:04  
Campaing Recipe:

Level 60+
good medal
Campaing OPs
Know how cath a New campaing
Re-taking Tags on 1 campaing battle
????
Profit: 5k+ exp with Thief FREE on only 1 battle

also you can kill the monsters on [S.] areas waiting for a new campaing battle and skill up

/sigh
 Asura.Riddick
サーバ: Asura
user: Riddick
By Asura.Riddick 2009-12-12 15:10:21  
Shiva.Enjoylife said:
im trying to take my thf from 63-75, message me your price, or with any questions please
This is just lazy. Your really gonna be a bad boy thief if you leech till 75. If you dont wanna play the job dont level it.
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-12-12 15:50:33  
Wait, we can attack mobs one at a time when an Astral burn is happening?

Can't -ga them with spells?

I wonder what they think about Circle Blade....
 Fairy.Brenda
By Fairy.Brenda 2009-12-12 16:01:12  
Why does every burn thread turn into how "evil" and "unfair" burning is?
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-12-12 16:24:14  
Its not evil, nor its unfair.

But its disruptive.

Imagine having somebody in your merit party who doesn't have their weapons skilled.

Or a RDM/WHM without Refresh or Dispel.

Or a BRD/NIN who doesn't know how to pull........
[+]
 Kujata.Argettio
サーバ: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-12-12 16:39:30  
Asura.Korpg said:
Its not evil, nor its unfair.

But its disruptive.

Imagine having somebody in your merit party who doesn't have their weapons skilled.

Or a RDM/WHM without Refresh or Dispel.

Or a BRD/NIN who doesn't know how to pull........

Although I am personally anti-'smn burns', the things you listed there are not necessarily a caused by smn-burns.

They are examples of lazy/incompetent players.

If I smn-burned a job I would spent a week in the tunnel or the tree skilling up, getting my wsnm completed and ensuring I am suitably geared.

But I agree smn burning makes it easier for people lazy/incompetent players to 'get in the way' of 'normal players'
 Fairy.Brenda
By Fairy.Brenda 2009-12-12 16:45:08  
You know, people can have uncapped skills now with level syncs. Does that mean level syncing in general is disruptive?

And I dunno about you, but ive partied with plenty of people who suck/don't know what they are doing. Burning doesn't cause that. People are just stupid.
[+]
 Siren.Ashkente
サーバ: Siren
user: Ashkente
By Siren.Ashkente 2009-12-12 17:05:53  
Fairy.Brenda said:
People are just stupid.

You mean those guys at MIT didn't find a cure for stupid yet?
/sigh
By semimmortal 2009-12-13 03:25:29  

Why SE still supports Astral Burnings is completely mind boggling.
I could see how hard it would be to program against it, seeing it would destroy the game system. IE. causing yellow targets already with "hate" would give no EXP. Meaning you'd see lots of /sh FFFFFFF- in the vicinity.

Anyways, lets compare the Level Sync with Astral Burns since many SMNs seem to see them alike:

- By using 2HRs, this will net you the same amount of EXP a regular/merit party could do for hours/days (I've seen the records: 130k/hr?!). Now imagine a COR standing by for JA reset.

- Half or all of the party members in an Astral Flow are brain dead. Would be a different case for the holder as he has to make sure they're all clinging onto him.
Now as for regular parties, they need to have their brain cells functioning otherwise they'd end up loosing EXP (and for a 60+ partying in the dunes, I wouldn't be surprised to see him loosing than gaining EXP per hour).

- Manipulation of the zone by charging some amount of Gils for a run. Now tell me a regular/merit party would charge some amount of Gils for an EXP/merit run (I'm sure there are, but I'm sure it wouldn't be more than 50k... right?).
If for some reason this point is debunked, then [/strike] it.

I'm sure there are more points, but these are what I see right now.
But in the end... someone's gonna use the "Its just a gaem duuudz, chillzax maaen!" card >.>;
By semimmortal 2009-12-13 03:52:13  
Oh, another thing (just remembered from that "sick from being pushed around thread"). Gearz. Yup, in Astral Burns, you could be practically naked and still get that delicious 100+k/hr, as for merits... I'd think your reputation would end up in the dumps, incinerated, re-incinerated for precautions, then dumped back into the sea of fail.

So if we want a merit party to function, you would need some really good gear to make it worth while. Not good as spending 1mil on that one gear. No. we're talking multimillion here.
And that's only spending specifically at 75. Let's see some numbers gearing from 1~>75 now :)
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2009-12-13 04:16:11  
Fairy.Brenda said:
You know, people can have uncapped skills now with level syncs. Does that mean level syncing in general is disruptive?

And I dunno about you, but ive partied with plenty of people who suck/don't know what they are doing. Burning doesn't cause that. People are just stupid.

Burning certainly helps create stupid people. I've seen people who have levelled jobs to 75 in smn burns, just to have the job available for end-game, and to help toward the Maat's cap.

Leeching to 75 makes bad players, There's no way anyone can counter that claim.

At least with Level sync parties, you have to be at your keyboard.
 Fairy.Disc
user: disc
By Fairy.Disc 2009-12-13 04:26:24  
semimmortal said:
- Half or all of the party members in an Astral Flow are brain dead. Would be a different case for the holder as he has to make sure they're all clinging onto him.
Now as for regular parties, they need to have their brain cells functioning otherwise they'd end up loosing EXP

No.
It takes the exact same amount of brain cells to kill things with a blood pact then to kill things with conventional melee and magic. There is very little to no brain cells being used when all you need to do is keep people alive if you're a mage, or use ALT+A, use JA buffs, and WS every minute or two if you are a melee in a traditional party.

And also, there is a degree of paying attention you need to have when burning, if one summoner *** it up, the whole thing is ruined in most cases. Don't talk about it like it's brainless if you haven't had any first hand experience in doing it (or doing it right even).
[+]
By Shiiroh 2009-12-13 04:28:40  
Lol.
By semimmortal 2009-12-13 04:51:24  
Fairy.Disc said:
No.
It takes the exact same amount of brain cells to kill things with a blood pact then to kill things with conventional melee and magic. There is very little to no brain cells being used when all you need to do is keep people alive if you're a mage, or use ALT A, use JA buffs, and WS every minute or two if you are a melee in a traditional party.

And also, there is a degree of paying attention you need to have when burning, if one summoner *** it up, the whole thing is ruined in most cases. Don't talk about it like it's brainless if you haven't had any first hand experience in doing it (or doing it right even).

The matter of fact, I did. Once though when I was seeking in the dunes on my LVL 13 DNC.
Was pretty exciting when I thought of the idea of partying in the tunnels (cause I never party there unless its a duo with a friend). Just as I go there, I've noticed 3 things:
- 1 LVL 75 RDM
- 1 LVL 75 PLD
- rest are SMNs and a COR.

So you're going to tell me that PLD (yes, he was in the pt too for merits) is going to do something? COR? 1 roll is needed and he's AFK for a long time. And me? Gawking at the chains.

But I see what you mean by comparing a WHM/RDM/SCH/SMN/BLU trying to keep his party alive from getting 3 pecks in a row (I really want to mention the poor BRD running around, but I'm using your example), keeping Haste(ga)/Stoneskinga/Phalanxga/En-ga plus converting at the right time without gaining super hate (all this running in minutes, and this will go on for hours), to a SMN using a 2Hr once (or twice with the COR). Yeah, I'm so wrong :x
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2009-12-13 04:56:59  
semimmortal said:
Fairy.Disc said:
No.
It takes the exact same amount of brain cells to kill things with a blood pact then to kill things with conventional melee and magic. There is very little to no brain cells being used when all you need to do is keep people alive if you're a mage, or use ALT A, use JA buffs, and WS every minute or two if you are a melee in a traditional party.

The matter of fact, I did. Once though when I was seeking in the dunes on my LVL 13 DNC.
Was pretty exciting when I thought of the idea of partying in the tunnels (cause I never party there unless its a duo with a friend). Just as I go there, I've noticed 3 things:
- 1 LVL 75 RDM
- 1 LVL 75 PLD

So you're going to tell me that PLD (yes, he was in the pt too for merits) is going to do something? COR? 1 roll is needed and he's AFK for a long time. And me? Gawking at the chains.

But I see what you mean by comparing a WHM/RDM/SCH/SMN/BLU trying to keep his party alive from getting 3 pecks in a row (I really want to mention the poor BRD running around, but I'm using your example), keeping Haste(ga)/Stoneskinga/Phalanxga/En-ga plus converting at the right time without gaining super hate (all this running in minutes, and this will go on for hours), to a SMN using a 2Hr once (or twice with the COR). Yeah, I'm so wrong :x
 Fairy.Disc
user: disc
By Fairy.Disc 2009-12-13 05:14:36  
semimmortal said:
Fairy.Disc said:
No.

- 1 LVL 75 RDM
- 1 LVL 75 PLD

semimmortal said:
Fairy.Disc said:
No.

- 1 LVL 75 RDM
- 1 LVL 75 PLD

No, i'm was not telling you that the PLD was going to do something.
I was talking about the Summoners, not leeches and level sync, as they are totally out of the question when it comes to "paying attention", because I agree that they don't need to.

Also, which type of party are you talking about? If you're talking about a standard colibri merit party, that's not much different then burning at all. There is a difference in terms of people cooperating, but it's pretty simple; Bard pulls and does songs, It isn't hard to cast Elegy on a mob and pull it back to camp, then sleep it and repeat. Melees TP to 100%, then WS, using their JA abilities as the situation calls for. The mage only needs to Haste and Cure in that situation, along with maybe Erasing other party members if for some reason they get hit with elegy.

If you have a competent merit party, then that's basically all you're doing. You don't need to be a genius to party correctly/efficiently.

And also, who invites a Scholar/Summoner/White Mage to a Colibri party who isn't friends with them? (And i'm talking realisticly here, none of those jobs can replace a Red Mage in terms of effeciency when it comes to merit parties.) Why would you use Stoneskinga/Phalanxga in that type of party? Are your melees really struggling to the point where they need extra protection aside from Protect/Shadows to stay alive? If they are, this is not a party.

The same applies to the 35~42 range where you fight Colibri/Ladybugs in Ronfaure, the 53~60 range where you fight Lesser Colibri in Wajaom Woodlands, the 63-68 range where you fight Colibri in Bhaflau Thickets, and probably a lot of other places too.

And also, there is more then just "2HRing" when you burn. There is a specific degree of timing and cooperation that all summoners participating must have in order for it to be done good. If you looked, you could have probably observed this while you were in that party, but then again, it might have just been a trash burn where the chain always broke constantly and the summoners were not correctly in sync with each other.
[+]
By semimmortal 2009-12-13 06:10:14  
I was using the example based on my experience I was accused of not having any ^^;
And yes, I'm basing it also on the famous bird camp (based on the majority at least).

Anyways, since we've brought the BRD into this (yay! cause I'm one too! :3) I'll start out with saying that I'm pretty offended to what has been told here.

Pulling mobs, making sure shadows are up to avoid elegy/pecks, sleeping them in the right place (to make sure melees are going to auto-target them without putting their weapon down), casting a certain buff and remembering the sequence to avoid loosing it, and if the group has a member with MP (ie. Healers, or PLD/BLU/whatever-too-tired-to-mention) the Pianissimo~>Ballad I/II depending on the sequence again. Again, all that in 5mins in a 1~5hr party
(My record is going up to 6hrs, but man... I think every blood vessels in my hand must to have popped, plus my friends in class gave me the "you've been jerking a lot, haven't you" look @.@)

Comparing that to standing in a proper line, get on SMN to go down and get his 1st AF, go next guy, then so on, without using ANY other abilities other than AF without "loosing that precious chains which can be easily overlooked by looking at the EXP/hr you've made in seconds... is really insulting.

That's just the BRD.

As for the healers, if there isn't any RDM looking for party, then guess what, you're going to need a healer anyways. That regen on that body piece ain't going to completely heal you.
So if there's no RDM, we have other jobs to take their place. It's easier now thanks to the SCH Sublimation JA, that mean's self maintenance is possible (though not as perfect as the RDM, but it would do).
Or get a DNC (I hope you won't drag the DNC into "they're like SMNs in an Astral Burn camp", cause that's ridiculous, seeing how they must maintain TP to keep the party alive). Stoneskin/ga, En-spell-ga, or whatever buff we can get would dramatically help in EXP/hr in a sense that there would be less to heal, less mp sponging, less sitting down and making the group bored.

But wait, we don't really need a healer in an Astral Burn camp right? I wonder why... >.>

Now compare all that to:
Fairy.Disc said:
And also, there is more then just "2HRing" when you burn. There is a specific degree of timing and cooperation that all summoners participating must have in order for it to be done good. If you looked, you could have probably observed this while you were in that party, but then again, it might have just been a trash burn where the chain always broke constantly and the summoners were not correctly in sync with each other.
Which happens in just a few minute compared to hours of EXPing with those damn birds we all loath and hate is simply begging for a YOUMAD.jpg image.
By semimmortal 2009-12-13 06:27:35  
Forgot to mention the melees in this case too.
Sure, you can say "they just WS/JA" anytime. WRONG.
Sure, people are content with 5k/hr just WS whenever. Or using JA when they feel like it.
But if we were to compare it to the rate the SMN Burn camps get, then I'll pull the "melee needs to pay attention" card to TRY to get the EXP rate as high (or near lol) as that.

That mean:
- Moar Skillchains.
- Stop being a MP sponge and use Utsu/Seigan/Third-Eye/, cancel that berserk/last resort/souleater (please, for the sake of me and the healers trying to keep their sanity).
- Stop AFKing.
- Gear up and stop gimping at the job. (ahaha... gearing up in and Astral Burn?)

Might be more, but those are the main things to do for a melee to keep the EXP rate as high as possible.

And comparing that to Astral Burn... please don't, it makes me /cry an ocean ; ;