users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Sea/Limbus » Sea Nm Advice
Sea Nm Advice
 Fenrir.Surgator
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: blade4
By Fenrir.Surgator 2010-01-07 22:51:20  
I know i don't have Sea now but i just want some advice like how much ppl do we need to kill all the jailer and some second virtue and tird virtue (no i don't want Absolut Virtue , every nm exept AV)

I want a nomber on each nm please to how much people needed and if we need one job in particulary to make the fight easier please.

Just want to watch if i have a little group of friend i can take some nm of that place down.

Thank you to everyone who will help me to inform me ^¸^!

Edit :

what i want it something like that

Jailer of Love : 8 ppl minimum , 12 make it easier , the best tank for him will be nin and you need a whm because he cast a lot of debuff .

Something that will be helpfull to know how to deal with everyone of them .
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2010-01-07 23:35:15  
Ix'MNK - 6 BLM (Kite fight)
Ix'DRK - 6 BLM (Kite fight)
Ix'DRG - 4 BLM
Jailer of Temperance - 12-18 people, can be duoed with 2 experienced RDM/NIN
Jailer of Fortitude - 10-12, can be done with 6 kited and with adds deaggroed
Jailer of Faith - 10-12 Kited
Jailer of Hope - 12-18
Jailer of Justice - 12 + 5outside add party
Jailer of Prudence - 18
Jailer of Love - 18 + 6outside add party

These are rough estimates. The Ix'aerns can be lowmaned. I've duo'd both MNK and DRG. I know I can solo MNK. DRK probably can be soloed but it will take forever.
 Leviathan.Antonioklaus
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Antonioklaus 2010-01-07 23:41:53  
Ok, I will base this all off our LS. We have been doing sea since it came out and are very experienced. Until you get used to it, it will take you more ppl.

Inside
Ix'Drk-RDM/NIN can solo. Easily Duoable by BLM BLM Or BLM RDM.
Ix'Mnk-RDM/NIN can solo. Easily Duoable by BLM BLM Or BLM RDM.
Ix'DRG-Duoable by BLM BLM or BLM RDM. More blm make this easier since you have to zone and if dots wear he can regen quickly.

Jailer of Fort-If you manage to zone his Summons, you can probably trio it. We typically do it with 6+ and just kill his 2 smns.
Jailer of Faith-Can do with 5. Mnk tank, Brd, Whm, Rdm, Sch. Mnk tanks on 1 side of room while the mages all stand on the other. They never get hit by his moves.
Jailer of Temp-This is the hardest in my opinion. Can be done with a good Pld, Whm, Sam/Rng x2, Rdm and Brd. Sam/Rng need the blunt Katana as well as a good ranged attack build.

You can also trio it with 2 rdm/nin and a smn. The smn is the dd and rdm share hate when the smn has to resummon Titan or get mp. (I haven't been successful on this one yet. Only tried it once and failed.)

Outside
Jailer of Hope-2pld, 2 sams, 1 whm, the more blm the quicker the fight.
Jailer of Prudence-2 pld, 1-2 whm, Blm x3-???. Outside thf. Thf pops and runs to other side of zone. 1pld pulls the 2nd Prudence. Blm tier 2 nuke it till it's close to death but don't kill. When thf dies, after 3 minutes, 2nd Prudence despawns. When 1st prudence opens mouth, kill it.
Jailer of Justice-2pld, 2-??? DD, 5BLM, Whm and a refresher. Blm in outside pt to nuke babies so that mijkin Gakure doesn't hit the main alliance.

Jailer of Love-2 tanks, rdm or pld/rdm. 2 whm. Rdm. Brd. 5blm and someone to pull summons in an outside alliance. We use rdm/nin but nin/rdm or nin/whm work. 3 smns. That's all you need but it's slow kill. Adding more smns or DD with a brd make it faster. If you are running super low man, don't attack JoL till it's done 9 sets summons. It will only summon sharks at that point and regen is broken so they will take it down easier. If you have the DD (we use a couple Rng, Sams, Thf (feint), Drg (Angon), and sometimes our Kc drks (usually just SE and not 2hr.) With the dd, you can fight from the beginning and kill it before the regen is broken.
 Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-07 23:52:52  
Jailer of Fort can be solo'd by various jobs. Mnk and corsair i know for certain can do it.
 Leviathan.Antonioklaus
By Leviathan.Antonioklaus 2010-01-08 00:00:41  
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Jailer of Fort can be solo'd by various jobs. Mnk and corsair i know for certain can do it.
Not 100% soloable because you need someone to pull the 2 grahs to the porter while you take Fort to the room to kill it. Unless there is another way to get rid of them that I don't know.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-08 00:03:41  
yes, 100% soloable. I've done it 22 times (*** ***took forever to drop)

You just need to put enough distance between fort and the adds to deaggro them. Best time is when they're casting a spell to get distance.
[+]
 Fairy.Azulmagia
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2010-01-08 01:12:57  
I find Temp's pets go down quickly to a BLU. I don't think I'm about to go and solo the Jailer, though.

... hey, Veg, my BLU, your MNK, lessgo >:(
 Diabolos.Sovereign
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2010-01-08 01:39:44  
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Ix'MNK - 6 BLM (Kite fight)
Ix'DRK - 6 BLM (Kite fight)
Ix'DRG - 4 BLM
Jailer of Temperance - 12-18 people, can be duoed with 2 experienced RDM/NIN
Jailer of Fortitude - 10-12, can be done with 6 kited and with adds deaggroed
Jailer of Faith - 10-12 Kited
Jailer of Hope - 12-18
Jailer of Justice - 12 5outside add party
Jailer of Prudence - 18
Jailer of Love - 18 6outside add party

These are rough estimates. The Ix'aerns can be lowmaned. I've duo'd both MNK and DRG. I know I can solo MNK. DRK probably can be soloed but it will take forever.

That will give you a good idea of what kind of numbers for groups inexperienced with sea. Obviously, as you've spent more time up there the numbers tend to drop.

All 3 Ix'Aerns can be solo'd. All of the inside Jailers can be done easily with between 6 and 12 players. Hope, Justice, and Love all take about 12 to 15, and Prudence can be done with as little as 4.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-08 01:44:34  
Fairy.Azulmagia said:
I find Temp's pets go down quickly to a BLU. I don't think I'm about to go and solo the Jailer, though.

If you have chips, sure. Also, Temp has pets? I think you meant fort? and if so, doesn't matter if they go down quick. Don't need to touch them to win lol.
 Fairy.Azulmagia
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2010-01-08 01:50:33  
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Fairy.Azulmagia said:

If you have chips, sure. Also, Temp has pets? I think you meant fort? and if so, doesn't matter if they go down quick. Don't need to touch them to win lol.

Yeah, I meant Fort. I keep mixing them up for whatever reason I don't know. Maybe it's 'cause those are the torques I'm after. Need to finish pop set, though.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-08 01:51:47  
I guess you could breath attack fort. He doesn't care much for phy dmg so that won't do much. Can always diss for poison though, I suppose. I can solo though so nothing to worry about lol.
 Remora.Darknaut
サーバ: Remora
user: Darknaut
By Remora.Darknaut 2010-01-08 02:08:05  
Diabolos.Sovereign said:
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Ix'MNK - 6 BLM (Kite fight) Ix'DRK - 6 BLM (Kite fight) Ix'DRG - 4 BLM Jailer of Temperance - 12-18 people, can be duoed with 2 experienced RDM/NIN Jailer of Fortitude - 10-12, can be done with 6 kited and with adds deaggroed Jailer of Faith - 10-12 Kited Jailer of Hope - 12-18 Jailer of Justice - 12 5outside add party Jailer of Prudence - 18 Jailer of Love - 18 6outside add party These are rough estimates. The Ix'aerns can be lowmaned. I've duo'd both MNK and DRG. I know I can solo MNK. DRK probably can be soloed but it will take forever.
That will give you a good idea of what kind of numbers for groups inexperienced with sea. Obviously, as you've spent more time up there the numbers tend to drop. All 3 Ix'Aerns can be solo'd. All of the inside Jailers can be done easily with between 6 and 12 players. Hope, Justice, and Love all take about 12 to 15, and Prudence can be done with as little as 4.

True/False

Strategies depend on how many ppl you have and there Job, but agree with you on most part.
 Asura.Rielle
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Rielle 2010-01-08 02:40:51  
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Ix'MNK - 6 BLM (Kite fight) Ix'DRK - 6 BLM (Kite fight) Ix'DRG - 4 BLM Jailer of Temperance - 12-18 people, can be duoed with 2 experienced RDM/NIN Jailer of Fortitude - 10-12, can be done with 6 kited and with adds deaggroed Jailer of Faith - 10-12 Kited Jailer of Hope - 12-18 Jailer of Justice - 12 5outside add party Jailer of Prudence - 18 Jailer of Love - 18 6outside add party These are rough estimates. The Ix'aerns can be lowmaned. I've duo'd both MNK and DRG. I know I can solo MNK. DRK probably can be soloed but it will take forever.

Many of these numbers are high. I've run a sea LS for months and those numbers, while potentially making it easier, are generally overkill, especially in a few instances.

As some have said, ALL Ix's can be solo'd, but I find usually duo or trios are more effective in case someone messes up (and especially when it comes to DRG and DRK, they help with popping them). I prefer 4 man groups for DRG and DRK -- MNK can just be popped between Temp PHs.

As for the Jailers themselves:

Temperance: 1 PLD/WAR (kite on blunt), 1 WHM or SCH, 1 RDM, 3 SMNs can easily kill this within 15 minutes.

Fortitude: Easy solo for anyone with movement and range or magic (/nin advised if using magic)

Faith: Again, smns and/or blm is key to an easy low man (though some argue it's soloable, his quick resistance to gravity make it unfeesible) as long as one person is RDM main or /RDM to keep him gravity'd.

Justice: 8~12 man main ally with 3 BLMs + COR or BRD outside on adds.

Hope: 2 PLD/NINs, WHM or SCH, RDM; the more blms the better, melee are illadvised, especially if he pops spikes early (after he uses spikes, he gains instant cast on all magic, including -ga III..using melee should be a no brainer offense)

Prudence: Easy 4~6 man + one outside THF to deaggro the first prudence. This strategy does require a THF with AF1 boots, merited flee timer, movement and/or powder boots -- other jobs with similar meds can replace the THF.

Love: Long-ish fight but can be 12 manned -- PLD RDM WHM or SCH, COR or BRD, rest BLMs with a focus to -ga III babies as they pop. Generally, we fight this with a full ally, two PLDs and one or two SAMs meditating outside to bring it down quickly with SC + MBs but unnecessary if you don't mind a long fight.
[+]
 Seraph.Helixx
サーバ: Seraph
user: Helixx
By Seraph.Helixx 2010-01-08 04:07:11  
Ix'MNK - RDM with movement speed legs + 2 BLM or it takes forever
Ix'DRK - RDM with movement speed legs + 2 BLM or it takes forever
Ix'DRG - 4 BLM

Jailer of Temperance - PLD WHM RDM(or SCH or WHM) RDM BRD COR(or SMN)
Add any amount of DD's and you win, just need a good tank PT.

Jailer of Fortitude - Done it with 4, Just need someone with movement speed legs. RDM BLM BLM BLM. RDM pops and kites, BLM STUN pets as they come then escape. enough distance for pets to deaggro is created.

Jailer of Faith - Depends on setup. SMN burn is great. Kite + BLM nuke is great.

Jailer of Hope - 12-18 Preferably 1 tank PT + 1 BLM / RNG pt. Do NOT melee as his WS hurt. Of course you can zerg him too but that's overkill.

Jailer of Justice - 3PLD WHM RDM BRD + outside add party + any number of DD. Once got 6k exp on it. loooong fight.

Jailer of Prudence - 18 for starters, yes
Jailer of Love - 18 + 6outside add party the more the better
 Leviathan.Antonioklaus
By Leviathan.Antonioklaus 2010-01-08 04:19:22  
On hope if you have 2 sams you can just use 6 blm to magic burst. They pop off 2 skillchains and it's dead. Sam/Thf is nice for obvious reasons.

Obviously as you can see there are many ways to do all of these. You guys will just have to figure out your niche'.

btw, how do you guys kite fort and get the distance to cast? When we kite it with a pld, cutting corners, he rarely gets any distance. Only time is when fort stops to ws or cast but it runs so fast that he catches up quickly.
 Seraph.Helixx
サーバ: Seraph
user: Helixx
By Seraph.Helixx 2010-01-08 04:35:51  
it can take ages to get distance on fort. if you have 4+ people, just have 2 people provoke & zone the adds, even if they just stay behind for 1 second they will loose hate easily.
 Asura.Rielle
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Rielle 2010-01-08 04:41:22  
Leviathan.Antonioklaus said:
btw, how do you guys kite fort and get the distance to cast? When we kite it with a pld, cutting corners, he rarely gets any distance. Only time is when fort stops to ws or cast but it runs so fast that he catches up quickly.

When you cast, he has to stop to do it too, that's really the only way to do it when he's in mimic mode.

Usually, one of our sackholders (a COR main) solos him easily with QD and skadi.
 Garuda.Fullen
user: fullen
By Garuda.Fullen 2010-01-08 04:54:06  
Asura.Rielle said:

When you cast, he has to stop to do it too, that's really the only way to do it when he's in mimic mode.

Usually, one of our sackholders (a COR main) solos him easily with QD and skadi.

Addition effect: breaks Sea
[+]
 Remora.Darknaut
By Remora.Darknaut 2010-01-08 05:08:55  
Asura.Rielle said:
When you cast, he has to stop to do it too, that's really the only way to do it when he's in mimic mode. Usually, one of our sackholders (a COR main) solos him easily with QD and skadi.

With a pld w.leg, it's not difficult to get some distance with Fortitude, your pld can also create a macro for blink when he voke, why that ? It's just for voking whitout to stop running. Secondly if you have a lot of blm, don't worry they can help your pld for kiting after making a lot of dmg xD

[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2010-01-08 10:16:52  
To those who were saying my estimates were too high, the OP did ask for amounts of people to comfortably take these NMs. Assuming hes asking because he's never fought these before: yes I did say an amount needed to COMFORTABLY take these NMs for a new linkshell. Obviously anyone who's fought them enough times and gets their strategies/fights perfected won't require full alliances. I wasn't giving the numbers for the least possible amount of people for a veteran sea linkshell.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2010-01-08 10:19:23  
Remora.Darknaut said:
Asura.Rielle said:
When you cast, he has to stop to do it too, that's really the only way to do it when he's in mimic mode. Usually, one of our sackholders (a COR main) solos him easily with QD and skadi.

With a pld w.leg, it's not difficult to get some distance with Fortitude, your pld can also create a macro for blink when he voke, why that ? It's just for voking whitout to stop running. Secondly if you have a lot of blm, don't worry they can help your pld for kiting after making a lot of dmg xD
PLD/WAR what?
 Remora.Darknaut
By Remora.Darknaut 2010-01-08 10:44:50  
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Remora.Darknaut said:
Asura.Rielle said:
PLD/WAR what?

You read right, most Event at Sea was Kited/Tank by Pld/War and i enjoy that, just use /nin on Justice and /nin or /rdm for JoL. Now i wait post with " pld/war oO that suxxx, noob, gimp or whatever " !
 Remora.Darknaut
By Remora.Darknaut 2010-01-08 14:40:27  
Back to Home so ~>

When ls started it's what we used ~

Ix Mnk - Pop by a Thf or /thf outside PT and pull back near to the Ebon panel, Tank get Ix, puller go away for die. 3-4 Blm + Tank + Fresh / Healer / Kited Fight around the Ebon panel.

Ix Drg - 3 ppl for Hold/Kit Wyvern ( Rdm / Pld / Thf etc ... )+ Standart PT for Ix Himself.

Ix Drk - 1 Tank Kit Ix, Kill summoned Aern and switch on straight fight for Ix with a blink Tank ( If no blink tank, work with some support on Healing ) ~ 12 balanced ppl needed .

Temperance - Kited Fight / DoT on him / DD Engage on good type of damage ( Slashing; Piercing; Blunt ) Try to avoid feeding TP / War with Tomahawk can help if you plan to Nuke a little on him.

Faith - Depend if you have Smn's or not. Take Care on ~GA , Blm Nuke is a solution too. Grab some Meat Tank if it's your first time.

Fortitude - DD on Ghrah then afk after, fight Kited with nuke strat, 2 healer on Corner for toss Raise on Mage.

Hope - 2 Tank, focus to keep hp high for avoid Plasma Charge ( bad TP move ... try to dispel it but need to focus on that ) 16~18 ppl with a Nuke PT.

Justice - Outside Nuke PT for Summon / 2 Pld/Nin and 12~16 on main ally, its highly recommended to dispel a lot, work on DD 2Handed /thf, and make sure you have Cor and/or Brd + Mage >> blindna DD for a quicker fight.

Prudence - Poped by a nin outside who Mijin right NM . Thf grab the left NM and Kit him far away ( outside PT too ). 1st pld claim the right NM, spam JA and 7-8 Blm zerg him, when he is dead, the 2nd pld claim NM hold by thf and same on him ~> Zerg Time !

JoL - Outside PT = 5 Blm + 1 Rdm/Nin for pull summon. 10-12 ppl on main ally with rdm/nin>pld/rdm>pld/nin on tank job ( 2 Tank for secure ), if pld/nin grab a brd for caroll spell, for other slot >> DD Job prefer heavy DD but! a skilled pup can making a lot ( Ty Jaina ^.^; )

~End

It's not the best efficient strat, you can solo-duo with RDM/BLM/SCH Ix Aern and prolly other but for start a new experience on sea you can pick up some info.

( My english suxx a lot, so ~> sorry T.T )

[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2010-01-08 14:54:08  
All of those are fine, but I'd like to update the prudence strategy.

This pops two copies, to make this easier to read I'll use different names:
JoP1 - Jailer of Prudence (claimed when popped)
JoP2 - Jailer of Prudence (unclaimed when popped)

Pop with THF outside alliance and have them flee directly to Tav zone. While fleeing make sure to keep JoP1 within 50' so it doesn't lose aggro too soon. Use powder boots x2 for extra flee.

When its popped have main alliance PLD claim JoP2 while THF is fleeing away. Soon as the THF/JoP1 is out of sight start fighting JoP2 and try to get as low as possible without defeating it. JoP1 will eventually kill the THF/deaggro or go passive from the THF zoning. Three minutes later JoP1 will depop and JoP2 will open its mouth which should be near death. You are now able to kill the only existing copy of JoP for your items.
 Leviathan.Antonioklaus
By Leviathan.Antonioklaus 2010-01-08 22:21:16  
Garuda.Fullen said:
Asura.Rielle said:

Addition effect: breaks Sea
Ya, we all have w.legs. Just seems like by time he gets the distance to cast a nuke, fort is already hitting him. Maybe it's easier with cor.
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:

Pop with THF outside alliance and have them flee directly to Tav zone. While fleeing make sure to keep JoP1 within 50' so it doesn't lose aggro too soon. Use powder boots x2 for extra flee.

When its popped have main alliance PLD claim JoP2 while THF is fleeing away. Soon as the THF/JoP1 is out of sight start fighting JoP2 and try to get as low as possible without defeating it. JoP1 will eventually kill the THF/deaggro or go passive from the THF zoning. Three minutes later JoP1 will depop and JoP2 will open its mouth which should be near death. You are now able to kill the only existing copy of JoP for your items.
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:

Read my 1st post. This is how I said to do it.