users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Ranger Merits
Ranger Merits
 Carbuncle.Zitale
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Zitale
By Carbuncle.Zitale 2010-01-30 21:01:40  
If camouflage wear off after your WS, was the camouflage effect on the WS?
I guess not, but if it was, then using it on WS could be worth it.
 Garuda.Shevanel
サーバ: Garuda
user: Shevanel
By Garuda.Shevanel 2010-01-31 07:58:41  
For thouse of you that have the mirke acp body for rng, what augments do you guys prefer? i was gonna put snapshot +5 on there for sure, but i cant decide on +10 rng. attack or rng. acc. i was thinking rng. acc so i could completely get rid of hunter's jerkin for my tp set up.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-31 08:50:22  
Asura.Fobos said:
instead of Unlimited Shot recast, that is, if you have a PPA or GMB, which if you have Bow you should get, and if you got an Obow, you should ALSO get.
Don't forget guns!!! If you are zerging with culverin+1 there is also unlimited shotting with a Heavy Shell or if you using hellfire +1 (or relic) and have a Hightail Bullet
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-31 08:53:36  
Diabolos.Sovereign said:
I've never, not once, had Camouflage stay on after a weaponskill. I've tried it a thousand times, and it's never been any different no matter what direction I'm at in relation to the mob. Regular ranged attack, yeah that's happened a ton. Weaponskill? Never.
I have on rare occasion xping. The hard part is if I don't finish the mob 99% of the time that ws gets me hate so lose camo anyways. Haven't really notice it lower the chances of me taking hate on ws either. Though behind the mob seems to help hate issues more for regual shots and barrage. But like I said seems to. It definitely stays up longer when I do though
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-31 09:01:42  
Garuda.Shevanel said:
For those of you that have the mirke acp body for rng, what augments do you guys prefer? i was gonna put snapshot 5 on there for sure, but i cant decide on 10 rng. attack or rng. acc. i was thinking rng. acc so i could completely get rid of hunter's jerkin for my tp set up.
Why settle for 1 when you can have a bit of both with Ebon Jerkin. And for whatever family you evolith it against you can put even more ratt or racc or both if you get the ebur version. Asumming it's within your capabilities. The base body cost like 1.5-2mil and needs an aptant that drops of the new nms. So far easiest one seems to be this scorpion (though thats partly cause I don't like kiting magically in ro'maeve). 0/5 so far lol. And ebur pigment is off new HNMs. Scylla Oupire and the xarc (s) dragon thingy one
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-01-31 09:09:09  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Garuda.Shevanel said:
For those of you that have the mirke acp body for rng, what augments do you guys prefer? i was gonna put snapshot 5 on there for sure, but i cant decide on 10 rng. attack or rng. acc. i was thinking rng. acc so i could completely get rid of hunter's jerkin for my tp set up.
Why settle for 1 when you can have a bit of both with Ebon Jerkin. And for whatever family you evolith it against you can put even more ratt or racc or both if you get the ebur version. Asumming it's within your capabilities. The base body cost like 1.5-2mil and needs an aptant that drops of the new nms. So far easiest one seems to be this scorpion (though thats partly cause I don't like kiting magically in ro'maeve). 0/5 so far lol. And ebur pigment is off new HNMs. Scylla Oupire and the xarc (s) dragon thingy one

No Snapshot, which pwns the ***out of any of those stats you can get with Evolith.
 Unicorn.Kaomii
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Kaomii
By Unicorn.Kaomii 2010-01-31 09:58:51  
If you're a hardcore Ranger, go with the Wardecors over the Ebon Jerkin.

1.) Strength affects ranged damage much more then R.Att does (and even more with a Minuet or Chaos Roll on). At least with the Wardecors, you only lose 5 Strength compared to Osode. Your accuracy as Ranger should be fine enough to go with Snapshot and Ranged Attack (which covers a bit of that lost 5 Strength).

2.) You don't really know how much Snapshot the Ebon Jerkin gives. It could be something like 2 or 3%, where the Wardecors give a straight 5%.

Another popular option some people have for Wardecors is 10 R.Acc and 10 R.Att to make basically the ultimate Barrage swap in. You'll benefit from the added Strength and Agility, as well as the accuracy and attack. This doubles as a great Corsair shoot-for-TP body piece, since they need the accuracy much more.

Ebon is pretty, but it doesn't compare to Osode, Snapshot or not. Unless you have the Wardecors augmented with Snapshot, it's best to just fore-go the Ebon Jerkin altogether.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-31 11:08:37  
Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Garuda.Shevanel said:
No Snapshot, which pwns the ***out of any of those stats you can get with Evolith.
Can you read at all? It says snap shot right on it

Also about the others stuff. Yes it could be any amount. It could be 10% for all you know. However the other enhance snapshot peice is 5% so safe assumption. Or could just test it. Also if you are getting a +% ratt increase it will obviously affect +ratt more than +str making +ratt comparatively more valuable. And 5 str will add 2.5 to base dmg which say if you use hellfire and silver bullets is a little less than 2% increase in dmg. The extra 10ratt you can get vs a certain family at around 1.5-2 Cratio gives if I remember right about 3-7% increase to dmg. Granted that's just vs family clearly only gets close without. Though nice mix of ratt/racc and snapshot that lets you still use ACP for other things that you can't get close on.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-01-31 11:22:51  
Why do you always have to be a ***, Dasva? "Can you read at all?" Yes, I can, thanks. And having just read that, I'm not even going to contemplate talking about anything to you until you can actually show any human being other than yourself some form of respect. Good day.
 Shiva.Demiomega
サーバ: Shiva
user: Demiomega
By Shiva.Demiomega 2010-01-31 12:01:44  
on mine i did snap shot and store TP doin it this way made it alot easier to make a 5 hit and not lose too much other gear to store tp. but honestly if you dont use rng for merit pt dont do this lol
 Garuda.Shevanel
user: Shevanel
By Garuda.Shevanel 2010-01-31 16:37:39  
i would prefer to have snapshot and ranged attack on it. i guess with pot-au-fau and the ranged acc. gear i already have i could get away with ranged attack, even being an elvaan. i don't like missing my sidewinders though!
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-31 23:47:36  
Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Why do you always have to be a ***, Dasva? "Can you read at all?" Yes, I can, thanks. And having just read that, I'm not even going to contemplate talking about anything to you until you can actually show any human being other than yourself some form of respect. Good day.
Lol this coming from the guy who randomly pics fights with me out of nowhere and they when called on it says psh I just don't like him. And clearly likes to see me post something and not even read it and just go "NO your wrong" and then states reasons that he would know were completely wrong if he actually read the post. Yeah this made me lol more than anything today.
 Pandemonium.Naten
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Naten
By Pandemonium.Naten 2010-02-01 00:22:06  
Asura. Fobos said:
Pandemonium.Naten said:
Id recomend Archery 8/8, Flashy shot & Stealth shot 5/5, Rapid shot 5/5 and do Camo recast 5/5 if thats an option i havnt looked recently, it reduces enmity of Ratt while its up.
And completely disregard Snapshot merits?? What the ***... Furthermore, I don't see why people would merit Camouflage instead of Unlimited Shot recast, that is, if you have a PPA or GMB, which if you have Bow you should get, and if you got an Obow, you should ALSO get.
Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Flashy Shot all the way, imo. Maybe 1/5 Stealth just to unlock it.
If you are just unlocking it but have no intention of using it, why bother wasting 3 merits on it? To the OP, you won't regret meriting Stealth Shot to 4/5, trust me. And you'll still have Flashy Shot 1/5 for whenever you feel like doing a massive WS.
oops lol ya snap shot not stealth shot.
 Pandemonium.Naten
By Pandemonium.Naten 2010-02-01 00:25:10  
Siren. Enternius said:
Pandemonium.Naten said:
Garuda. said:
Pandemonium.Busterblade said:
Don't merit marksmanship just do 8/8 Arch.
Ignore this stupid advice. Merit Marksmanship if you're inclined to use a gun. Toe for toe, stat for stat, Guns > Bows. It's just more expensive, and generally harder / more expensive to gear.
This is not bad advice, if your a good player Bow > Gun. Delay on gun buttfucks its usefullness for RNG. You can fire off more arrows then bullets and do more dmg over time, but if your fighting something thats gonna die fast then gun wins yes, but not by much. At Ixion Bow > Gun. Id recomend Archery 8/8, Flashy shot & Stealth shot 5/5, Rapid shot 5/5 and do Camo recast 5/5 if thats an option i havnt looked recently, it reduces enmity of Ratt while its up. Recycle is crap, dont waste your time on it unless your poor in which case you should'nt play RNG anyway. Dont let anyone tell you different, im either on PLD or RNG daily for years believe me.
This guy's an idiot, on par with Raelia and his dumbass DRK ramblings. It shames me to be playing the same job as people like this. Do the opposite of what Naten says. Gun WILL always, always, always be better in every situation, provided you can shell out the gil for the ammo. Even relic-wise, Annihilator beats the hell out of Yoichinoyumi. And the more Rapid Shot/Snapshot gear you have, the more effective gun will be over time, compared to bow.
 Pandemonium.Naten
By Pandemonium.Naten 2010-02-01 00:28:41  
 Carbuncle.Zitale
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Zitale
By Carbuncle.Zitale 2010-02-01 00:36:20  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Can you read at all? It says snap shot right on it
Wooooodum: Dasva might post stupid things sometime, but he is right: there is Snapshot on the Ebon Jerkin item he posted about, so ya, I understand he'd post "can you read?" when you say "no Snapshot".
Dasva: Ebon Jerkin might be interesting for the ones who no wanna use Mirke for Rng, but it's not safe to assume it's 5% snapshot, so "equal" to Mirke.

I personnaly like the "Snapshot+" & "Store TP & Subtle Blow" mix on Mirke.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-01 00:56:50  
Yeah I forgot about store tp. That does muddle things alot. Personally I use mirke for thf ws since it is by far the best I can do for that outside of um skadi.

I'll try testing it in a couple of lvls I should be able to make it now I got the aptant. Maybe I can acutally get ebur pigment so I can get ratt and racc evoliths. Oh yeah another point... you can wear it 4 lvls earlier
 Diabolos.Sovereign
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2010-02-01 01:52:29  
Pandemonium.Naten said:

I have no idea what the hell this video is about... but I totally wanna *** that girl in the mouth.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-01 01:56:00  
Diabolos.Sovereign said:
Pandemonium.Naten said:
I have no idea what the hell this video is about... but I totally wanna *** that girl in the mouth.
Yeah if only to stop that annoying *** voice. She is so completely random and weird.
 Diabolos.Sovereign
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2010-02-01 02:03:56  
yeah I just googled 'Boxxy' and came up with this:

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Boxxy

I literally cant even make any type of understanding of what this page is talking about (guess I'm not up to date with the Internet...***?) but strangely, the amount of confusion I suffered by attempting to understand the above link isn't keeping me from wanting to shut her up by choking her with my ***.
 Hades.Stefanos
サーバ: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-02-01 02:38:32  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Diabolos.Sovereign said:
Pandemonium.Naten said:
Yeah if only to stop that annoying *** voice. She is so completely random and weird.

I would really like to know if her husband still has his sanity.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-01 02:41:49  
Hades.Stefanos said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Diabolos.Sovereign said:
Pandemonium.Naten said:
I would really like to know if her husband still has his sanity.
Shes married? Thought she was underage. Well I think Sovereigns idea would work either way