users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Sylph » Dynamis Drama - COR
Dynamis Drama - COR
 Sylph.Sindri
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-02-05 02:14:29  
I'll leave names out of this even though I'm sure it'll find a way to bite me in the *** on my server.

Today in dynamis I outlotted one other person for SCH freelot (0+) who had asked "am I doomed to level it if I lot?". Later on COR Dropped and it went Freelot (10+) and I had the high lot. A few minutes later I got a /tell from someone who I didn't realise had lotted. I had joked that its one of the jobs that I want to level that I'm never going to get around to in /L, so they asked me if I was going to level COR. It dropped before I had much time to think about passing and after being called selfish the drama unravelled. I apologized, and explained that I didn't have time and after they (COR12) told me that I should /t them when my COR was 75 I lost it. after some blind flames about the subject, I was /ting a friend what happened I mt'd it to the person I outlotted, and apparently the reason no one likes me is because I refuse to grow up.

I don't expect anyone to care, but I had to vent, so much drama in-game lately.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-05 02:17:58  
I have a cor body and don't have it unlocked. Whatever you won the lot you won. Not like you were being an *** and doing it just to be onery when you knew other people wanted it. Guy should've spoke up
 Hades.Stefanos
サーバ: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-02-05 02:20:05  
COR body is serious business.

Seriously, I'm ffffff'ing on the fact that SCH body went freelot for you while I've been waiting about 6 months for one. Oh, and I also have a COR body that's just sitting in storage.
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-02-05 02:21:27  
He asked me to with like a minute left and I may have gotten a bit defensive but, eh. I don't feel bad about it, I feel bad about the MT part/his response <.<

Edit: We only have one SCH in LS and he got body months ago. I hope you get yours soon, this was our first beauc in a while, a shame almost everything was freelot stuff.
 Ragnarok.Zephyran
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Zephyran
By Ragnarok.Zephyran 2010-02-05 02:29:08  
Well, are you going to level SCH and COR now? If not, then you just screwed some peeps from actually putting them to good use and not Inventory -1/2.

I mean, sure it's Freelot, but why bother lotting when you have no intentions on using it? Kind of cockblocking someone else, ya'know?

And if you got pubes, I got news for you: It's time to grow up.
[+]
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-02-05 02:31:46  
COR most likely. IDK bout SCH

Edit: but SCH was already lotted by someone who like I said, had no intention of leveling it.
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-02-05 02:33:15  
Why are people starting drama over af2 for jobs that aren't even at 20 yet?
[+]
 Diabolos.Sovereign
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2010-02-05 02:34:44  
Sounds rediculously stupid, especially over a COR body lol

Maybe if it was like a RDM hat... THF gloves... slightly more understandable. but COR body? nah lol

Now, I dont know how your Dynamis ls operates (points, i'm guessing?), but if it went free lot, then it's *** free lot... the term is pretty self explanatory. If someone actually wanted that piece, they should have chosen to secure it by using their points or whatever to make sure it wasnt a free lot piece.

As far as your part in it goes... to me, it seems kinda silly to lot on gear that you cant currently equip and probably wont ever be able to equip. Even more so when there are 75's lotting on the same piece who can equip it. Free lot or not, that's just common courtesy to the people you play with. Lotting something for a level 10 job against another player for their 75 job just makes you look like a greedy ***... free lot or not.

Yeah sure, there are extenuating circumstances. You didnt realize they were 75, it dropped too quick before you could pass, blah blah blah. Mistakes happen when people dont pay close attention. That's part of life, people need to accept that.

But again... it's a freaking COR body. like seven of them drop every time any linkshell enters dyn-glacier. It's not a pair of THF gloves or a RDM hat or some other game-breaking item.
[+]
 Asura.Artemicion
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-02-05 02:39:55  
Diabolos.Sovereign said:
it's a freaking COR body. like seven of them drop every time any linkshell enters dyn-glacier. It's not a pair of THF gloves or a RDM hat or some other game-breaking item.

This. Just wait another week. No big deal.
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-02-05 02:43:46  
Diabolos.Sovereign said:
Sounds rediculously stupid, especially over a COR body lol Maybe if it was like a RDM hat... THF gloves... slightly more understandable. but COR body? nah lol Now, I dont know how your Dynamis ls operates (points, i'm guessing?), but if it went free lot, then it's *** free lot... the term is pretty self explanatory. If someone actually wanted that piece, they should have chosen to secure it by using their points or whatever to make sure it wasnt a free lot piece. As far as your part in it goes... to me, it seems kinda silly to lot on gear that you cant currently equip and probably wont ever be able to equip. Even more so when there are 75's lotting on the same piece who can equip it. Free lot or not, that's just common courtesy to the people you play with. Lotting something for a level 10 job against another player for their 75 job just makes you look like a greedy ***... free lot or not. Yeah sure, there are extenuating circumstances. You didnt realize they were 75, it dropped too quick before you could pass, blah blah blah. Mistakes happen when people dont pay close attention. That's part of life, people need to accept that. But again... it's a freaking COR body. like seven of them drop every time any linkshell enters dyn-glacier. It's not a pair of THF gloves or a RDM hat or some other game-breaking item.

My COR is 10, theirs was 12, no one else lotted.

Edit: COR actually sounds like a decent fit for me, I have most of the subs and it's expensive sure but good for soloing NMs, one of my favourite parts of the game. Been looking for a new 75, was gonna finish MNK but I hate mnk only finishing it for the sake of.. finishing it..
[+]
 Diabolos.Sovereign
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2010-02-05 03:00:51  
Sylph.Sindri said:
My COR is 10, theirs was 12, no one else lotted.

Then this really shouldnt be an issue at all, and you shouldnt feel bad about it in any way.

I'm amazed that someone could even get that upset over a piece they arent even close to being able to equip. Tell them to shut the hell up
[+]
 Kujata.Argettio
サーバ: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-02-05 03:03:06  
COR relic drops like *** knickers.

When I did dynamis we got at least 1 COR piece in every run (some times considerably more).

Every person in the shell with COR 50+ was 5/5 and we had a few people without COR unlocked that had 5/5.... I have 1 piece just because I was the last person to pass it.

Tell him to get over it, he will have all the COR relic he could ever want by the time he can wear it.

Although I do have a personal problem with people who lot on everything that goes freelot no matter what. IMO if you don't ever intend to use the piece then don't lot (unless no one else wants it).

[+]
 Unicorn.Jewkitten
user: Jewkitten
By Unicorn.Jewkitten 2010-02-05 03:31:31  
There are generally two reactions to not getting what one wants.

1) Throw a fit, blame "Greedy" ppl for taking your ***. Point fingers and stir the ***pot until one passes out from exhaustion.

2) Work harder. additional effect: patience

Today alone, someone took "my"

1. sorcerer's hands - I am the only shell member that HNMs and
would magic burst, daily. lol

2. bando kotes - the person who won lot MNK1, me MNK65. lolol

3. Ridill - My THF and BST need moar Ridill!! hahaha

At the end of the day the ppl who took "my" ***are shell mates.
We are a team. They grow stronger and by proxy so do I. As much as
I would love the universe to revolve around me... it does not. I will
simply work harder, play better, up my attendance. My day will come someday, the day of a Ridill BST wearing a Novio for Primal Rend.

hahahahaha~
[+]
By Izey 2010-02-05 03:34:24  
People on Sylph need to STFU and stop QQing allready the COR is f@%$$ing level 12 that crap is gonna drop 20 more times before he can even use it, we've had atleast 7 of those bodys drop free on my LS in the last 6months or so.
 Asura.Artemicion
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-02-05 03:34:45  
Aye, I got much more gratification getting LS mates and friends beefed up with new gear than I did getting my own. It's about community and improving one another through teamwork.
By Izey 2010-02-05 03:36:14  
Hey Sindri if they got beef we can use another blu to head butt LOL, just let me know.
 Caitsith.Blurr
サーバ: Caitsith
user: blurr69
By Caitsith.Blurr 2010-02-05 04:02:06  
as long as you were following the rules lotting in the first place.. who cares ? rules with level stipulations are so HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE for these exact reasons... with these run by run basis sytems.. if its free lot, just let it be free lot. if someone wants a piece bad enough.. they will srsly say they have whatever levels to get it. is there anyway to prove this guy actually has the 75 whatever he claims to have ? or this other guy ? or any of these 18~+ guys ? no, so you let people pick their main/subs regardless of level, and you let free lot ***be ..free lot ***regardless of level... people cant *** when they are all in the same boat.
 Hades.Fathe
サーバ: Hades
user: Fathe
By Hades.Fathe 2010-02-05 04:36:29  
/checks Mannequin.... ***i'm 3/5 on Cor Relic thru free-lots >.> Body, Hands and Feet.

Some people just like to start drama is all.
 Shiva.Clowdd
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Clowdd 2010-02-05 05:53:46  
In my Dyna LS I run, rules are:
If no one had it in their search comment as an @1 or @2 option then we start free lot in tiers. (i.e. Freelot 75, 70, 65, 60, 55, 50 then free lot any.)
Which has helped prevent people who [bold]were or are[/bold] leveling a job from losing a piece. Maybe that LS could organize handling drops a little better. I'm just sayin....
 Garuda.Sheila
サーバ: Garuda
user: Valkyrie
By Garuda.Sheila 2010-02-05 06:36:26  
Free lot is free lot! You won it fair and square imo. :)
 Bismarck.Hisagi
サーバ: Bismarck
user: junpei87
By Bismarck.Hisagi 2010-02-05 06:43:16  
Shiva.Clowdd said:
In my Dyna LS I run, rules are:
If no one had it in their search comment as an @1 or @2 option then we start free lot in tiers. (i.e. Freelot 75, 70, 65, 60, 55, 50 then free lot any.)
Which has helped prevent people who [bold]were or are[/bold] leveling a job from losing a piece. Maybe that LS could organize handling drops a little better. I'm just sayin....
^
this
 Unicorn.Kaomii
user: Kaomii
By Unicorn.Kaomii 2010-02-05 08:15:04  
Read initial post. The keyword there is "freelot". Freelot basically means that nobody cared enough about said job to bother lotting on it, probably because they were interested in something else. As long as you were following your linkshell's rules regarding freelot items, you won them fair and square.

The other thing worth mentioning is that the person who got all upset about this is just as likely to level Corsair as you are, considering their job level is 12. In the time it takes a casual player to level a job from 12 to 75, you'll probably see 2-3 more Cor bodys, and the person starting on you for lotting SHOULD be higher then the others for freelotting.
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2010-02-05 08:43:15  
Kujata.Argettio said:
Although I do have a personal problem with people who lot on everything that goes freelot no matter what. IMO if you don't ever intend to use the piece then don't lot (unless no one else wants it).

This.
If stuff goes freelot it's gonna happen. Happens everywhere. I wouldn't worry about it. Bottom line is if leaders called it freelot it was fair game for everyone who was there. Someone who loses a freelot and wasn't willing to drop points for it has noone to blame but themself. If multiple people were bitching at you and you were following the rules I'd find a better dynamis LS.
 Cerberus.Mindi
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2010-02-05 11:38:47  
In my LS we have Freelot 65+ if there are no bids on an item. If noone is there 65+ it normally is Freelot to whoever want it, and if someone want it for his xxx job lv 50 then normally he will get it, since others will pass for him. But i guess this may be different if you have a LS like ours which is like a huge familiy and where not every comes and goes :)

but hey... freelot is freelot lol. Really shouldnt worry about it and this guy was 2 level higher then you... should just ignore what he tells you.

I also lot stuff freelot when i like the job (or the look of the AF :P) If noone else want it, why not lot it. Once you have it 5/5 can store it ;) And I am allways happy to dress my mannequin <3

Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-02-05 12:54:37  
Shiva.Clowdd said:
In my Dyna LS I run, rules are: If no one had it in their search comment as an @1 or @2 option then we start free lot in tiers. (i.e. Freelot 75, 70, 65, 60, 55, 50 then free lot any.) Which has helped prevent people who [bold]were or are[/bold] leveling a job from losing a piece. Maybe that LS could organize handling drops a little better. I'm just sayin....

We have this. SCH is strictly for my mannequin being perfectly honest it went 0+ for someone that would use it for the same thin if that, though I can eventually see myself leveling this. COR was 10+ freelot, and that I can actually see myself leveling, Quick Draw-kite method FTW!!!

Edit: Yeah, it'll look good on my mannequin but I am still definately tempted to level COR, need RNG and WHM now... Also, RE: Izey, {Thank's for the offer, but I'll have to pass.} I'm the worst BLU in the game, literally, and I just got back into this shell. I may have some disagreements with members of Antithesis on occasion but I <3 it :)
 Fairy.Nekozuko
サーバ: Fairy
user: Nekozuko
By Fairy.Nekozuko 2010-03-02 05:44:26  
This is the drama this server produces, oh boy you guys are in for a world of hurt when we come ;)