How Do Goldsmithers Make So Much Gil?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Goldsmithing » How do Goldsmithers make so much gil?
How do Goldsmithers make so much gil?
First Page 2
 Diabolos.Holland
サーバ: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Holland
By Diabolos.Holland 2010-02-06 10:33:42  
I always see that Goldsmithers are generally the ones with Kraken Clubs/Speed Belt/Ect Ect. How do they make so much gil? The only thing I really see for them to make are the Lv72 Rings and the 67Earrings and that doesnt really seem like it should make that much if you calculate the cost of the materials at a 11% HQ rate. On my new server, it looks that for Triumph Earrings it will cost 720k to make 810k. This isn't all that spectacular. It appears to be about the same for Triumph Rings as well. I know there is Hades +1, but they sell so slow. I just dont see it. I want to either level Gold or Leather now. I have Alchemy, Bone, Cloth, Wood all 100, so the funds is no problem. But compared to leather I just cant see where the profit is turned. Leather has Cerb +1/Dusk +1 as well.
[+]
 Fenrir.Shambo
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Shambo
By Fenrir.Shambo 2010-02-06 10:41:40  
It's too late to think about that. Not many young people play anymore. :(
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-02-06 10:42:13  
If youre looking for a new craft to level I would suggest smithing. I wish I had done smithing :(
Constant profit on imp wootz ingots ftw
 Carbuncle.Corrderio
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Corrderio
By Carbuncle.Corrderio 2010-02-06 10:43:25  
I don't know about your server but I never seen goldsmiths being the rich ones.
[+]
 Cerberus.Angish
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Angish
By Cerberus.Angish 2010-02-06 10:52:54  
I started to Level Goldsmithing lately and for my part, you gotta farm EVERYTHING, if you odn't you end up wasting 1.8m on the first 30 levels of crafting.

I have been checking what could make me win gil but, mostly are crafts that are fro lv. 70 to 100. -___-;
 Odin.Godofgods
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2010-02-06 18:38:18  
Cerberus.Angish said:
you gotta farm EVERYTHING, if you odn't you end up wasting 1.8m on the first 30 levels of crafting.

not to sound rude, but if you managed to do that, then u should give up crafting. Theirs no reason to lose much if any gill lvling to 30 in gs. And i say that having jsut recently done it on odin which has the most screwed up econamy, mostly doe to this 100 year lockout. You simply have to pay attention to what your doing. Dont rush.
Granted, i havnt found a way to make much, if any gill for profit. Youde probably have to farm for that..
 Carbuncle.Bombard
user: bombard
By Carbuncle.Bombard 2010-02-06 18:48:10  
You don't have to make +1's to make gil crafting.

[+]
 Asura.Shamaya
サーバ: Asura
user: Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2010-02-07 01:40:30  
The Goldsmithers on my server are generally pretty wealthy. But I don't know how they do it either. I think personally, for the most part, their investment in goldsmithing was a waste of time. I'm not sure any of them have really "opportunity gained" from leveling it. I think some of them are rich not because of goldsmithing, but they have goldsmithing because they are rich and could afford to level it. But really, I don't know if they have any crafting secrets.
 Caitsith.Silvaria
サーバ: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Silvaria 2010-02-07 02:18:00  
When I started playing, everyone told me how expensive Goldsmithing was...well, having gotten Goldsmithing up to 49, I have to say this just hasn't been true for me. I have found several of the other crafts to be more expensive and more difficult. But, as another poster said, I farm for a lot of my materials, i.e., mining. Some people don't have the patience for mining, but I find it very "zen"...and, profitable. 8)
[+]
 Fenrir.Shindo
user: Shindo
By Fenrir.Shindo 2010-02-07 02:53:23  
Goldsmithing is the epitome of the term "Spend money to make money" The profit's all at the end, but it takes a LOOOOONG time to recoup what you spent leveling it up.
[+]
By Chakrila 2010-02-07 04:08:01  
goldsmithing really doesnt make that much gil anymore either. back in the day it was nice because it cost so much to get it to 100, you had very little competition at the top. now every profit synth has been spammed to the point where its very dependant on luck to make quick gil.
 Sylph.Oddin
サーバ: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-02-07 12:59:04  
Most of your rich goldsmithers got rich back in the day. They'd pump out elemental beads and bead rings like candy and they actually sold for a huge profit. As the years went by though, more and more goldsmithers rose through the ranks and more, better rings were introduced, the price fell drastically.

Nowadays it's all about elemental ores (10-20k profit if you don't garden them yourself), melody earring +1s, some cursed gear -1, level 67 earrings +1 and a few other items.
[+]
By Dionysius 2010-02-07 13:06:53  
I thought it was common knowledge that all Goldsmithers bought all of their gil. They leveled GS to cover that up..so when someone asks where they get all that gil they say "Goldsmithing 100+3 wut wut"

lol
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-02-07 13:17:07  
Caitsith.Silvaria said:
When I started playing, everyone told me how expensive Goldsmithing was...well, having gotten Goldsmithing up to 49, I have to say this just hasn't been true for me. I have found several of the other crafts to be more expensive and more difficult. But, as another poster said, I farm for a lot of my materials, i.e., mining. Some people don't have the patience for mining, but I find it very "zen"...and, profitable. 8)

Crafting caps at 100 fyi, not 49, lol. You can't really measure a craft's difficulty to reach 100 by level 49, especially since you only stop getting skillups more or less every synth @ 50.
[+]
By Dionysius 2010-02-07 13:19:28  
Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Caitsith.Silvaria said:

Crafting caps at 100 fyi, not 49, lol. You can't really measure a craft's difficulty to reach 100 by level 49, especially since you only stop getting skillups more or less every synth @ 50.

Exactly...really 60+ is where the true test is. I think a lot of people give up then.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-07 13:20:45  
Pure luck. The goldsmithers I know that make money get really really lucky on HQing stuff. I have bad luck doing so. So I quit trying lol, That and lvling 90 is horribly painful.

Back in the day when I controlled a large portion of the bead market on my server it was awesome even skilling up. Good 100k profit per bead. But then again they costed a good 1mil or more each so breaks really hurt. Then I had to take a good 6 month long break and I come back and beads are a loss synth... I cried alot
 Carbuncle.Elzonace
user: Elzonace
By Carbuncle.Elzonace 2010-02-07 13:21:20  
I think you're mixing the cause and the effect.

They have goldsmithing leveled because they are able to make gil well. I takes a ton of gil and time to take gold 0 to 100, meaning those who are at 100 gold know how to make that tons of gil.

Also having 100 gold helps them make gil all the more on top of what they are able to make already. While there isn't as much profit in the craft as there was before, there are still many good ways to make a decent profit with it.
 Pandemonium.Areis
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Areis
By Pandemonium.Areis 2010-02-07 13:42:54  
Crafting =/= Money

you can make money but just because you have a craft leveled doesn't mean your rich. Usually its the reverse. You were rich, you leveled a craft, and maybe your still rich.

Crafting is generally a break even deal, or at least enough of a profit to cover your "daily" expenditures. Which means if you keep doing what you did to make money for crafting it all gets stockpiled as profit instead of something to meet your costs.
[+]
Premium
By Ladyjazz 2010-02-07 15:17:22  
Pandemonium.Areis said:
Crafting =/= Money

Crafting is generally a break even deal, or at least enough of a profit to cover your "daily" expenditures. Which means if you keep doing what you did to make money for crafting it all gets stockpiled as profit instead of something to meet your costs.

^That!^

I have smithing at 90+ but stopped as the economy changed 2x over the last 6 years or so.

I still make more "flipping" or buying items and doing mid level synth upgrades. I'm finally starting to spend my savings (several million) and I'm glad I waited... get more for my gill now!
 Phoenix.Jovant
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Jovant
By Phoenix.Jovant 2010-02-07 15:41:45  
goldsmithing use to be a money making craft.... back in 02-04 (ithink) gold use to be a powerful money making craft. about 500k+ a profit per craft. now goldsmithing has lost all value and a you lose ALOT of money... people use to lose alot of money crafting it to 100 too back in the day but once u get to 100 u make all your money back and then some. sooo the people that u see that has gold and is seriously wealthy may be the ones that started before 04 and got there money that way, the ones that are lv'n it now are just broke periord. dont get me wrong gold can make u money now but u have to farm all your mats and useally u need a HNMls to farm the good mats to make big money.
 Cerberus.Jiko
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2010-02-07 15:44:28  
Clothcraft's where all the gils at...

x.x
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-07 15:59:10  
I make decent in bonecraft on my mule. Was easy as sin to get to 100 real fast and cheap too
 Remora.Daisythunder
サーバ: Remora
By Remora.Daisythunder 2010-02-09 18:44:34  
a goldsmith can make money thru the lower level synths.

you can sit in bastok and make silver ingots for 16k and resell them for 25k.

when you get to mithril ingots. farming fei-yan for mithril ores with thief or farming bird men with steal for mithril coins. 336 dead golems = 7 stacks of mithril ingots - 420k gil on remora.

most of the g.smiths who get rich consistiantly.. use gardening on mules making elemental ores. then convert them to elemental beads to double up.

1) you just dont see level 72 rings popping up in volume on ah.. for several reasons..
the original creators of those rings got banned in the fish bot wipe.
or
those rings were created in the inflation era of FFXI when those rings actually did make a profit.

the reason you would see these rings pop up on auctionhouse is not because it was recently crafted. its being sold because the person owning the ring has upgraded to raja's or bahlrons rings or some other endgame ring and would rather have gil in their pocket then space taken up in their moghouse.

to angish > yeah, but you dont have to farm to make it. you can stack ingots and supply other crafters and make a decent amount of gil. there is no reason to blow a gasket of gil on rings and things that wont sell to anyone.

(the people that could have used those low level rings 2 years ago are now in the lvl 60-75 bracket now. the market isnt there to buy it. so you can either npc vendor sell.. or take a big lose..)

Pro Tips:
real smiths dont make claymores.. they break them...
real goldsmiths dont make mithril earrings they break them.

sometimes if a item is horrendously mispriced and unprofitable to make.. it may be very profitable to buy it and break it.

if the communists have made the recipe unprofitable to make. then its our duty as capitalists to buy the item and break it into little pieces.. and resell the materials to the communists for a very nice profit.

Bismarck.Aryden
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Aryden
By Bismarck.Aryden 2010-02-10 06:09:14  
The bead market on Bismarck is still alive and kicking, I can shell out 1.7 mil for 10 beads, and sometimes, SOMETIMES get my money back, but the goldsmiths, even the ones who buy the ore, make mad money on them. Gold ingots are also a huge seller.

Also you have to look at several things.

1) most truly rich CRAFTERs that I know, control their craft from the ground up, meaning, they dont just buy on AH, craft and resell. They work for their materials.

2) They also control their market. Meaning, you will see them buying huge amounts of materials when there is a large supply and prices drop, then keep buying to keep them off the AH till the prices of the end items skyrocket, then they go to work.

3) Not all markets work the same. Flame rings are profitable in mine, but may not be in yours.

The bigger money makers that most people dont either realize, or wont say cause they dont want people cutting in more, is in making lower tier items in bulk to resell to other crafters that are too lazy to make their own items, or have better things to do with their time.

I'll use copper ingots as an example. 4 copper ore (9 x 4 = 36) 12 x 36 = 432 + 500 for 12 fire crystals and you spent 932 gil, meanwhile those ingots are selling 5k a stack and they sell very fast. This is just an example mind you but the mental process works across the board, in all crafts at pretty much all levels.
[+]
 Fenrir.Djdiddles
user: Djdiddles
By Fenrir.Djdiddles 2010-02-18 20:42:34  
ummm i quit ffxi about 2and ahalf monthsish~ i just hop on here to read the pics that make you lol forum and i remembered seeing this a week or so back and im really bored now so im replying to it~ 73gold or sumthin like that idr i just know i was higher then my profile thing says(it was out of date when i quit :p)

One of the major factors that i used to make my gil(few hundred k per day) was mules lots of mules then i did the lvl 20rock's and kept any nq's to save tell i was gonna hit 86 but i never did so theres a unpaid for mule with LOTS of nq rocks... but anyways i bought rocks off AH for 1-2k synthed and eathier ate a 1-2k loose or made a 2-20k profit another thing was E.ingots 3 gold ore and a silver avg cost was 20.5k sold for 30k another 9.5kprofit per thoose i also made brass grip's +1's and desynthe the nq's since they never sold... another thing i did was energy earrings kept the nq's which sold @ cost and pocketed 7k per hq now the key behind the earrings @ least if u dont wanna loose the gil off making the earrings ur self a shop sells them in lj for like 1250 each can norm get a stack of nq rocks off AH for cheap now im sure people are reading this going afew k profit is not worth lvling gold but hey like i said spread out wut ur selling keep ur AH's filled and just make sure u dont waste ur between times if u insist on staying on the game go farm or mine the mtn or if u got 52smithin u can go play in gusgen just to net u sum extra cash and as far as spending it goes i used what i made mining to lvl gold and i used what i made off gold to buy mats for profit sysnthes and gear for my taru so i made my money just by sellin alot of crap for afew k profit per (idk about ur server but look into like green rocks, 1k inv. t2 sells for 9-10k) also if u do the rocks make sure u check AH price vs vendor price sumtimes ur better off just eattin a 1k loose to keep that AH slot free for something else o and incase u where wondering why i saved the rocks for 86(81+2+3 if u like)was the lv14 rings(35synthe) would net a good profit also would just need afew more mules
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2010-02-18 20:47:47  
Goldsmithing used to be a good craft but nowadays you are usually better off with the other crafts. You can make good money with GS but the risk is extremely high. The GS who have KC/speedbelt/relic probably made tons of money 1-2 years ago.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-02-18 21:33:46  
100+ Goldsmithers dont usually have just that craft at 100 they usually have 2 or 3. The money they make is a result of items they make from all their crafts, not just Goldsmithing
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-02-18 21:37:11  
They buy gil right?
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-02-18 21:40:03  
Probably
 Fenrir.Djdiddles
user: Djdiddles
By Fenrir.Djdiddles 2010-02-18 21:44:29  
you know maybe this is only reason why i only made it to 73w/e but i can personally say i never bought gil in the 4years i played o,.,o(only worked on gold for 1)
First Page 2