フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » New useful sub after update
New useful sub after update
First Page 2
 Bismarck.Aryden
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Aryden
By Bismarck.Aryden 2010-02-28 19:36:42  
Well we finally get another way to mitigate hate, We'll be able to sub nin and use Innin, as long as we are behind out enemy. Increased crit %, decreased enmity. Souds like i might pull nin out as a sub again.
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-02-28 19:37:33  
I just thought of something. /THF for TH2 >.>
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-02-28 19:38:34  
Sub would cap at 49? lol
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-02-28 19:39:53  
Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Sub would cap at 49? lol
Wiki said:
Treasure Hunter II

* Obtained: Thief Level 45
 Seraph.Chasuro
サーバ: Seraph
user: Chasuro
By Seraph.Chasuro 2010-02-28 19:43:29  
Im sure it will be wisest to not have every mage do that and besides, we may just need that to battle the lvl 110 mobs.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-28 19:44:43  
/smn!!!

Hastega, phalanxga, erasega+curaga, Evasion/acc boost, warcry that last longer. Um that's probably it I think.

sam/mnk for super counter craziness with seigan + third eye + counterstance + counter gear.

/rng gets velocity shot and shadowbind. So can get alot of unresistable binds out making everyone who don't need certain subs to /rng.

Be interesting if Innin worked it all magic dmg. It works with ninjitsu and 2hr not sure if anyone has bothered testing normal nukes

Bahamut.Rumaha
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2010-02-28 19:48:02  
No, its only Ninjutsu, and the crit bonus applies to Ranged Attacks, hello Enm- Crit+ rng?

Dual Wield III is 45.

Bismarck.Aryden
user: Aryden
By Bismarck.Aryden 2010-03-01 00:47:14  
They could have just given us a second support job and done the same thing, w/o having to deal with all the new areas, game breakages etc.
[+]
 Ifrit.Duanyu
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Duanyu
By Ifrit.Duanyu 2010-03-01 00:49:56  
Bismarck.Aryden said:
They could have just given us a second support job and done the same thing, w/o having to deal with all the new areas, game breakages etc.
say hello to really broke pld/nin/war
 Ragnarok.Inga
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Inga
By Ragnarok.Inga 2010-03-01 01:10:09  
Ifrit.Duanyu said:
Bismarck.Aryden said:

god, hate would be so pathetically easy to hold lol.
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-03-01 01:27:32  
Scholar would be able to hastega/refreshga as /rdm, and so would rdm if they /sch. And boom goes the dynamite.
 Garuda.Feifongwong
サーバ: Garuda
By Garuda.Feifongwong 2010-03-01 04:10:47  
/RDM! WHM, BLM, SMN, BLU, they can have convert and refresh

Assuming 99job/49sub

Edit: Didn't realize this was in RNG, but still awesome sub.
By slipispsycho 2010-03-01 04:23:21  
Somehow I doubt we're just going to automatically have all the spells and abilities that a level 49 job would have if it were on main.

I can foresee that creating some game breaking issues.. Imagine all the jobs that would become obsolete if you could just get all their abilities with it as a sub, as is. Imagine the amount of overpowering some other jobs will experience.

Just somehow, I have a feeling spells/abilities given by those extra 12 levels, will be limited in someway or another.

Not that I actually care about any of this, but it just doesn't seem like a very SE thing to do to me. They love making things ridiculously hard, I don't see them making things ridiculously easy.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-03-01 04:27:02  
slipispsycho said:
Not that I actually care about any of this, but it just doesn't seem like a very SE thing to do to me. They love making things ridiculously hard, I don't see them making things ridiculously easy.
I already cancelled my content ID so this doesn't affect me, but this doesn't really seem like an easy thing to me. Based on the current level growth formula, getting the last 24 levels to cap at 99 would take about 1,600,000 exp, or more than twice as much as you need to get from LV1-LV75. Add to that the fact that the highest non-NM mobs in this game are LV85 (I'm sure they'll add more for this update but I don't really care) and that's a lot of work for a couple more levels.
 Kujata.Panjabi
サーバ: Kujata
user: Panjabi
By Kujata.Panjabi 2010-03-01 04:35:38  
Quote:
Support job abilities that are not expected to steal the limelight from main jobs as a result of the level cap increase will be allowed to come into play. Furthermore, there are plans to tweak certain job abilities, job traits, and magic spells on an ongoing basis in order to further accentuate the uniqueness of each job when used in a main role, as well as its versatility when playing a supporting role.

That says: if we get access to the unique skills with subjobs like refresh on a */rdm, it won't be that potential. So a SCH/RDM may cast a 1MP/tick Refreshga. And maybe some Skills won't be accessible anyway. But we shouldn't treat it as state of the art before they really release it (with some emergency maintenances following ofc).

and

I hope myself they cap experience needed at some point (e.g. 50k). Otherwise this game will end in a stupid exp-farming game like so many others... and will certainly force some people to quit this game. But maybe SE planned this so we move to FF14 w/o any resistance.
 Leviathan.Solare
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Solare
By Leviathan.Solare 2010-03-01 04:36:21  
Siren.Enternius said:
slipispsycho said:
I already cancelled my content ID so this doesn't affect me, but this doesn't really seem like an easy thing to me. Based on the current level growth formula, getting the last 24 levels to cap at 99 would take about 1,600,000 exp, or more than twice as much as you need to get from LV1-LV75. Add to that the fact that the highest non-NM mobs in this game are LV85 (I'm sure they'll add more for this update but I don't really care) and that's a lot of work for a couple more levels.

1.6m exp...? Holy crap. I knew it would be alot. I didn't think it would be that much...
 Carbuncle.Laitha
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Laitha
By Carbuncle.Laitha 2010-03-01 06:00:18  
I'll just keep my account so I can come back and play ffxi in 6 years when we are all down to one server and the 1 dev still working on ffxi gets all the issues finally fixed with the 2010 updates.
 Bahamut.Evilswine
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Evilswine
By Bahamut.Evilswine 2010-03-01 08:38:35  
i see derails! XD

I think subs will stay the same, since nothing else will add something mentionable even at 49
[+]
 Carbuncle.Laitha
By Carbuncle.Laitha 2010-03-01 11:38:03  
Honestly I don't think we will know until we see what the gear options look like for 76-99. I just am really wondering about all the items people have put serrious time in to get for lvl 75 and now its like poof its all gone.
 Fairy.Spiriel
サーバ: Fairy
user: Spiriel
By Fairy.Spiriel 2010-03-01 11:58:30  
Hmm...

The Dev team mentioned that they may lower the level on Sekkanoki so that it can be subbed, so RNG/SAM may get that benefit. Although it's a toss up whether Sidewinder*2 beats a skillchain closed by Sidewinder.

Not sure if Aggressor works on RAcc or not, but if it did you'd have that as a new toy. (/WAR)
/THF Hide is known to ditch a lot of enmity, if not all unless the mob tracks by scent. Mix that with Camouflage...
/DRK... eh, sub-level Absorb-STR and Absorb-TP? Probably not worth it.
1 level short of Super Jump from /DRG, so no hatewipe4u!
/COR would bring Quick Draw to the party for Gun RNGs. Doesn't appear to be linked to any skills, so you'd get a new way to Sleep and a source of Dispel.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-01 12:10:03  
Carbuncle.Laitha said:
Honestly I don't think we will know until we see what the gear options look like for 76-99. I just am really wondering about all the items people have put serrious time in to get for lvl 75 and now its like poof its all gone.
Not really.
 Bismarck.Patrik
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2010-03-01 12:16:30  
the level cap wont even get to 99 for some time XD the time line SE made shows that they plan for a cap increase in june, september, and december. if they do only 1 at a time then we wont even get 99 by 2011 (unless they do 2 at a time or something but still)
 Alexander.Ewitt
サーバ: Alexander
user: ginger
By Alexander.Ewitt 2010-03-01 12:31:22  
I could see the following.

Refresh 2. so RDM still have a job.
sub refresh only give 1-2 MP vs 3 a tick.

Thing like covert.
currently a 1:1 but making it a 2:1 it would help but not break the game.

THF with get a better TH already said.
most of the JA between level 37-49 will work in the same way SA TA souleater currently work. Main job GREAT support job helps but not great!

But yes even at a 2:1 Mage/RDM would be great.

I hoping they don't level cap a bunch of stuff so it can change. I wouldn't mind getting a relic. But for all who fear oo my Relic weapon will no stand up if I was level 99. They may just change the stats on it to relic the new level cap! +10 to 20 DMG to all relic! new level 99! problem solved!

Also There will be new gear. But they also are looking at augmenting RA/EX items.. maybe the plan isn't to add a bunch of new gear but make relic easier to get so you can customize it yourself to relex you and want you want as a level 99

Carbuncle.Laitha
By Carbuncle.Laitha 2010-03-01 15:00:25  
well what I am saying is new augments and gear could make some sub jobs more useful.

As far as quickdraw from COR I wonder how much more the damage will go up if you have a rng using relic gun + hightail bullet for QD dmg calculation.
 Kujata.Knossos
サーバ: Kujata
user: Knossos
By Kujata.Knossos 2010-03-01 15:22:09  
I think that while alot of job abilities will become available, that they would still tweak most of them putting them out of range even for the new 99/49 people. they would probably raise TH2 to 50 or something. I think its just typical SE planning.
 Carbuncle.Gilster
user: Gilster
By Carbuncle.Gilster 2010-03-01 16:54:19  
Or maybe Make Certain JA's only Avalable on that certain job / Magic too
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-02 00:47:20  
Ragnarok.Inga said:
Ifrit.Duanyu said:
Bismarck.Aryden said:
god, hate would be so pathetically easy to hold lol.
They would probably have to redo the whole emnity table and ratios.

If things continue along the same pattern as now emnity endgame would be all *** up.

Cures on a 99 would generate 31% less emnity then on a 75.

Dmg to a lvl 125 mob would generate 28% less emnity.

Assuming you go from say 1500 hp idle tanking to 2000 your emnity loss from dmg taken would go down by 33%

While all spells/jas etc will do the same amount. Needless to say I think they will probably rework things. Probably adjust emnity caps for higher lvl mobs as well maybe even decay rates
First Page 2