フォーラム » FFXIV » General » New FFXIV beta info
New FFXIV beta info
First Page 2
 Alexander.Garlend
サーバ: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: Garlend
By Alexander.Garlend 2010-03-16 14:38:02  
Okay. I heard from a guy who said his friend read somewhere that there fixing bug problems and the FFXIV beta should be starting sometime soon. Better?
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Katashuro
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sephyrus
By Midgardsormr.Katashuro 2010-03-16 14:43:29  
Tanakaaaaaaaaaaaaa
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ahtos
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ahtos
By Ragnarok.Ahtos 2010-03-16 14:51:50  
Do you know what NDA means right ?
[+]
 Pandemonium.Tygon
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Tygon 2010-03-16 14:52:43  
Wish they would get the PS3 version going....
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-03-16 14:58:37  
Watch out for your NDA, dude. Something as tame as this is not likely to attract attention, and already be relatively common knowledge.

But if you get into the habit of trying to "scoop" the public with juicy game balance tidbits from the beta that SE hasn't themselves announced publicly, you can find yourself pre-banned from the game permanently at best, or sued at worst.

Especially if your post is negative, causes them PR damage or otherwise negatively influences public perception. If you make it worth their while to silence you, the fact you signed a legally binding NDA to get into the beta gives them the means to do so.

Be careful, folks.
[+]
 Sylph.Beelshamen
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-03-16 15:01:48  
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Be careful, folks.

[+]
 Alexander.Garlend
By Alexander.Garlend 2010-03-16 15:59:53  
NDA is for game related content, I read it many times to make sure. lol
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Zenshiro
By Midgardsormr.Zenshiro 2010-03-16 16:02:53  
you found a loop pole anyways who give a ***if you go and tell ppl about it what they going to scan and find who talking about beta and once they do what they going to do to find out which beta tester is it? really there no problem giving out information as long as you change your username and blah blah blah.

and if you that worry update pic on a usb and go to someone house lol
[+]
 Fairy.Vylandra
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vylandra1
By Fairy.Vylandra 2010-03-16 16:11:31  
Midgardsormr.Zenshiro said:
you found a loop pole anyways who give a ***if you go and tell ppl about it what they going to scan and find who talking about beta and once they do what they going to do to find out which beta tester is it? really there no problem giving out information as long as you change your username and blah blah blah.

and if you that worry update pic on a usb and go to someone house lol

Actually it would take very minimal effort to figure out who the person is. They have your POL account which is tied to a CC/bank account in your name/your parent's name somehow. That bank account is tied to an address....pretty common knowledge.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-16 16:14:53  
Fairy.Vylandra said:
you found a loop pole anyways who give a ***if you go and tell ppl about it what they going to scan and find who talking about beta and once they do what they going to do to find out which beta tester is it? really there no problem giving out information as long as you change your username and blah blah blah. and if you that worry update pic on a usb and go to someone house lol
Actually it would take very minimal effort to figure out who the person is. They have your POL account which is tied to a CC/bank account in your name/your parent's name somehow. That bank account is tied to an address....pretty common knowledge.
Yeah that's why you do it somewhere else. Pretty easy
 Hades.Ica
サーバ: Hades
user: Ica
By Hades.Ica 2010-03-16 16:14:54  
It's not a loophole at all. The NDA covers all information relayed to the beta testers that other people do not have access to. Did SE release this?
[+]
 Fairy.Vylandra
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vylandra1
By Fairy.Vylandra 2010-03-16 16:16:51  
Yeah might wanna keep it to, "I heard from someone they were going through X phase of alpha so the client would be available" just to be safe.
[+]
 Alexander.Garlend
By Alexander.Garlend 2010-03-16 16:18:51  
If the NDA covered this kinda info then everyone who posted stuff on the 11th would be in ***too. lol
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-03-16 16:20:56  
If I get into this beta I'll let anyone who emails me know exactly what they want to know, just an FYI ;)
 Alexander.Garlend
By Alexander.Garlend 2010-03-16 16:22:09  
Edited. >:P
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-03-16 16:27:45  
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ahtos
user: Ahtos
By Ragnarok.Ahtos 2010-03-16 16:29:02  
Hades.Ica said:
It's not a loophole at all. The NDA covers all information relayed to the beta testers that other people do not have access to. Did SE release this?

It was posted @ the beta tester website, that means any info's should never leave this site.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-03-16 16:29:05  
Shiva.Darkshade said:

~Exactly!

I'm going to be leaking it real good ;)
 Hades.Ica
サーバ: Hades
user: Ica
By Hades.Ica 2010-03-16 16:32:34  
Ragnarok.Ahtos said:
It was posted @ the beta tester website, that means any info's should never leave this site.

That was kinda my point. :P
[+]
 Phoenix.Airbag
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-03-16 16:35:39  
Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Be careful, folks.

best picture ever
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Zenshiro
By Midgardsormr.Zenshiro 2010-03-16 16:47:49  
Who cares if goes out of the website, Do you really want to sit there and not know what going on? if anyone a beta tester and start playing send me a pm and send me pic/screenshot o.o am not going to sit here and wait lol

it's not like you the one getting in problem lol
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-03-16 16:49:43  
Who cares if goes out of the website, Do you really want to sit there and not know what going on? if anyone a beta tester and start playing send me a pm and send me pic/screenshot o.o am not going to sit here and wait lol

it's not like you the one getting in problem lol

If I was a tester I'd give you it right away :)
 Midgardsormr.Zenshiro
By Midgardsormr.Zenshiro 2010-03-16 17:02:15  
me to me too :(
 Ragnarok.Zirael
user: Zirael
By Ragnarok.Zirael 2010-03-16 17:17:47  
You guys can big-mouth all you want, but as soon as SE get's annoyed with you, you'll get prosecuted and be paying off "intellectual theft" and "copyright theft" fines till the end of your life. Getting banned from FFXI and FFXIV will be least of your problems.
Just a forewarning, in case you didn't realize what breaking a legally binding contract meant.
Similar thing goes for any website hosting such information.
[+]
 Bismarck.Patrik
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2010-03-16 17:20:53  
just because you do something illegal on the internet... don't mean nothing bad will happen
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Zenshiro
By Midgardsormr.Zenshiro 2010-03-16 17:30:01  
Ragnarok.Zirael said:
You guys can big-mouth all you want, but as soon as SE get's annoyed with you, you'll get prosecuted and be paying off "intellectual theft" and "copyright theft" fines till the end of your life. Getting banned from FFXI and FFXIV will be least of your problems.
Just a forewarning, in case you didn't realize what breaking a legally binding contract meant.

You the one talking big like SE would waste there time, the contract just to make sure ppl wont talk there still are and SE know there are. why you think the game wont be that great on beta they not allowing you to do everything for a reason.

if SE really care they would have ban half the ppl on FFXI by now for using Windower mode. like they really care i report bot and they do noting so does not really matter.
 Bismarck.Patrik
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2010-03-16 17:38:29  
Ragnarok.Zirael said:

You the one talking big like SE would waste there time, the contract just to make sure ppl wont talk there still are and SE know there are. why you think the game wont be that great on beta they not allowing you to do everything for a reason.

if SE really care they would have ban half the ppl on FFXI by now for using Windower mode. like they really care i report bot and they do noting so does not really matter.

there's a difference when you're comparing an 8 year old game that although SE still cares about, its not the biggest thing on their mind, with this new game that they have high hopes for and hasn't even had a chance to make them money yet.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2010-03-16 23:35:23  
The first rule of Tautology Club is the first rule of Tautology Club.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-03-16 23:41:20  
Omg dont post info with your ffxi linked acct

learn 2 internet

anonymous acct go

if they get all emo and try to intraweb IP track
post at skewl or work or library or wtv that thing that hides your ping

Asura.Wyrd
サーバ: Asura
user: kylericks
By Asura.Wyrd 2010-03-16 23:52:34  
Midgardsormr.Sammitch said:
The first rule of Tautology Club is the first rule of Tautology Club.
First Page 2