At Least GMs Have A Sense Of Humour!

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » At least GMs have a sense of humour!
At least GMs have a sense of humour!
 Midgardsormr.Natlow
サーバ: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: Natlow
By Midgardsormr.Natlow 2010-03-22 10:11:09  
I don't use windower so can't take a screenshot of the text (or I've been missing out on something for a while) but as it was Midgardsormr's final moments, I placed a GM call asking if one could appear for some screenshots as a final farewell to our home.

To our surpirse my wish was granted and so we got to see a GM in Ru'Lude Gardens.

The text went as follows:

[GM]Kyuustune>> Greeting Natlow, how may I be of service today?
>>Kyuutsune : Hi, I know this is a waste of your time and for that I apologise in advance.
>>Kyuutsune : But a lot of the people in Ru'Lude Gardens were wondering if as a final farewell to Midgardsormr a GM could appear?

- Pause -

>> Kyuutsune : That's a no then?
[GM] Kyuutsune>> Not necessarily. Please wait a moment.

- GM appears -

>> Kyuutsune : Wow, thanks for doing that ^^,
[GM]Kyuutsune>> No problem, I'm going to miss this world too.

Pictures of the GM to follow.

R.I.P Midgardsormr, you've been my home for 3 years+ now I think. I'll see everyone on Quezalcoatl. Don't forget the memories you had on here everyone. Looking forward to meeting everyone on Quezalcoatl.
[+]
 Ramuh.Kalyna
サーバ: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-03-22 10:14:12  
he wants a picture of the easy GM job before he has 2-3k more people to look out for :X

still, that GM is awesome xD
 Siren.Pantmonkey
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Pantmonkey 2010-03-22 10:14:29  
xD

Now my question is, to the servers who have merged, i wonder how many things we're lost to the AH as the servers went down!?

Any idea if the items get DB'd back to you on the move, or if the AH's merge? Wud be interested to know how it works.

Sirens not merging, but with little over 1k online per day, im not sure that was a great idea. THe place is dead almost all the time. My friend came back and quit again basically because theres nobody but 75's on this server now, as a lvl 35pld he felt so noobish compared to everyone else he quit again, C.C;
 Midgardsormr.Maverickzero
By Midgardsormr.Maverickzero 2010-03-22 10:14:55  
RIP Midgard, you will be missed. :(
 Hades.Buckwild
サーバ: Hades
By Hades.Buckwild 2010-03-22 10:15:07  
we had GM appear on Hades too.

sadly i didnt even see him for screenshot but area was filled with ppl spamming firework or commit suicide lol.

HADES R.I.P 22.03.2010
 Midgardsormr.Natlow
By Midgardsormr.Natlow 2010-03-22 10:16:25  
Ok, I'm probably being blind, but I can't see how to uplaod a screenshot. How do I do it?
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2010-03-22 10:18:14  
i dunno if this would be considered Humor , but its certainly cool of them . In my 6+ years of Expierence , GMs on the whole are nice ppl who are just doin a job . That job is to ensure you have fun and enjoy the game .
I made a similar GM call on Xmas day , thanking the GM that contacted me for Workin on that day (even tho i am not Christian) and offering a Signed Heart Chocolate as a token of appriecation (big sic there lulz) . he said he wasnt able to accept it but my gesture was welcomed and (here it comes again) apprieciated (lulz epic fail) .
I'm sorry your world is one of the few to fall , but i am sure you'll find the game more anjoyable with a higher population and new ppl to Game with .
GL on Quez . lookin forward to SS .
 Tuv
By Tuv 2010-03-22 10:18:48  
On your profile page at the bottom. little blue writting says "submit screenshot"
 Midgardsormr.Sahagin
user: Sahagin
By Midgardsormr.Sahagin 2010-03-22 10:23:06  
Awesome Nat, shame I missed it but I got home to late to log on, wouldn't let me. I never got to say goodbye to the server!?
I have to change my name anyway. D:

Either way I look forward to seeing the screenshot!
And everyone from Midgard on Quezalcoatl.
And the A grade H2H skill for PUP. :P
 Midgardsormr.Natlow
By Midgardsormr.Natlow 2010-03-22 10:24:34  
Gotta go out, will post screenshot once I get back and it's been approved.
 Midgardsormr.Natlow
By Midgardsormr.Natlow 2010-03-23 07:34:45  
Here are the (not so) long and eagerly awaited pictures

Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-03-23 07:38:50  
That was real nice...from the GMs I have seen, some are pretty cool too, as long as you work with them, they're pretty good.
 Pandemonium.Thanquol
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Thanquol
By Pandemonium.Thanquol 2010-03-23 07:38:51  
I've never seen a GM in game, only screenshots of them. Are they always fuzzy like that? If so, is there a reason for that?
 Caitsith.Neonracer
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-03-23 08:04:15  
Pandemonium.Thanquol said:
I've never seen a GM in game, only screenshots of them. Are they always fuzzy like that? If so, is there a reason for that?

Ya that have to be like that, ghostly looking.. something to do with being "special" like that, just so they can be different from everyone else, I suppose.
 Seraph.Havokhaos
サーバ: Seraph
user: Havokhaos
By Seraph.Havokhaos 2010-03-23 08:12:52  
Yea last GM I talked to I had sent a GM Call concerning someone holding a PH for that POS NM Goblintrap (that Im 0/46 on). The GM appears and does his whole thing and then was like "Good Luck on the earring I know it can be a pain in the *** to get" I was WTF. Then he goes on to tell me that hes on his main, while on his GM account apparently, camping Vali's Bow and neck piece in Fei' Yin. It was funny as hell. We had a bout a 10 minute conversation after he helped me with my call. He even said if the player did it again he would respond to my GM call, since he was the investigating GM, and dc the player lol. Funny ***in Seraph.
 Pandemonium.Thanquol
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Thanquol
By Pandemonium.Thanquol 2010-03-23 09:18:15  
Caitsith.Neonracer said:
Ya that have to be like that, ghostly looking.. something to do with being "special" like that, just so they can be different from everyone else, I suppose.

Ya i guess it makes sense that they appear different. As we know some RMT's try to act like GMs, even though they fail big time at it.
 Caitsith.Merlitz
user: Merlitz
By Caitsith.Merlitz 2010-03-23 09:27:37  
Caitsith.Neonracer said:

Ya i guess it makes sense that they appear different. As we know some RMT's try to act like GMs, even though they fail big time at it.

It's an Effect from their Sword or shield.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-03-23 09:30:36  
ya i once got a gm to apear in balista and was tryign get them come charging in agaisn tthe other team to freak them out lol.
By nomad26377 2010-03-24 04:46:42  
To the OP, you can go to FFXI config through your Start Menu and choose the SE official windowed gameplay version :)
サーバ: Remora
By Remora.Morbidthrasher 2010-03-24 04:50:54  
Gotta love GM's and their witty responses. I remember a friend of mine jokingly asked how to kill AV while getting some stuff restored, and he simply replied "Why, with damage, of course."