Aesir Mantle > Foragers For Tp?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Aesir Mantle > Foragers for tp?
Aesir Mantle > Foragers for tp?
First Page 2
 Bahamut.Shadowskull
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Shadow273
By Bahamut.Shadowskull 2010-03-24 16:48:50  
assuming for war, mnk and drk (maybe blu).

do ya think its better for tp and switch in foragers for ws?

or just stick to foragers?

thx
[+]
 Ifrit.Duanyu
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Duanyu
By Ifrit.Duanyu 2010-03-24 16:50:54  
not sure if that 1% DA is enough to compensate for the loss of 3 str and 15 att
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-03-24 16:52:21  
High weapon DMG jobs will probably find Aesir is better than Forager's and the best in acc-cap situations especially with sufficient attack buffs (note this is a very minor increase though).

Low weapon DMG jobs will want Forager's.

Cuchulain's Mantle is still better for both if your accuracy is not capped.
 Bahamut.Shadowskull
By Bahamut.Shadowskull 2010-03-24 16:53:19  
thx for quick answer. what if acc is capped?
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-03-24 16:57:46  
Well, using the jobs in your question:

WAR - Dual Wield => Forager's
WAR - Gaxe => Aesir
MNK - harder. Probably Forager's...
DRK - Aesir

The difference between Aesir and Forager's on the 2handers is going to be less than a % in likelihood though (unless on Darksday where it's probably going to be just under 2%)! On the onehanders, Forager's is comfortably better.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-24 16:59:41  
Math for BLU favored Forager's by a decent margin; MNK's higher attack and base damage is a factor but their WS:TP split is even lower so I'd still say Forager's.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-03-24 17:00:21  
How about Aesir Mantle vs Cuchulain's Mantle ? :o
 Hades.Excelior
サーバ: Hades
user: Excelior
By Hades.Excelior 2010-03-24 17:00:31  
Wouldn't a more correct answer be that if you need the attack from foragers to cap PDIF it would parse higher than the double attack? On birds its a value around 700 attack.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-03-24 17:04:00  
It all depends how much the Attack difference is contributing. Attack becomes less valuable as you approach pdif cap and ultimately only impacts the TP phase, whereas 1~2% DA gives you extra WS frequency as well. It's not an easy question and the increase is tiny anyway unless it's Darksday.

Cuch will always beat Aesir if you are using the full extent of the accuracy and not making unreasonable swaps to compensate for something (read: Haste).
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-24 17:05:10  
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
How about Aesir Mantle vs Cuchulain's Mantle ? :o
Cuchu wins if you need the accuracy, no question.
Hades.Excelior said:
Wouldn't a more correct answer be that if you need the attack from foragers to cap PDIF it would parse higher than the double attack? On birds its a value around 700 attack.
Attack has diminishing returns, so no. As your attack gets higher Forager's actually gets worse, it's just there really wasn't anything else worth using over it previously in acc capped situations. If the birds are being Dia'd the value is actually lower than that thanks to the new pDIF equation; ~600 for one-handers and ~640 for two-handers.
 Bahamut.Shadowskull
By Bahamut.Shadowskull 2010-03-24 17:06:19  
thx for the answer. made me a lil confusing cause ppl only talked bout the 1% da, but never said a word bout the 8 att. if i get the chance imma get it.

but i think the most ppl will agree with me when i say, i get the earring first for my mnk
 Sylph.Kozuki
サーバ: Sylph
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kozuki 2010-03-24 18:30:27  
1% DA is terrible, foragers/cuchulains/amemet+1 are still better imo
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-03-24 18:33:34  
Pretty sexy for my WHM though!
 Sylph.Sindri
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-03-24 18:35:00  
Technically yes it's better for TP gain but really, youll do much more DoT keeping Forager's on
 Sylph.Sindri
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-03-24 18:41:08  
And you only lose 7 attack btw.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-24 19:15:29  
Sylph.Sindri said:
Technically yes it's better for TP gain but really, youll do much more DoT keeping Forager's on
More damage during TP phase sure, but DA influencing WS frequency can make it better overall if your WS:TP ratio is high.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-03-24 19:15:32  
The question is, does the TP gain of the 1% DA beat the extra melee DoT from the small amount of Attack?

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. It all depends on the value of the Attack (and the fSTR!)
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2010-03-24 19:23:57  
New DA mantle vs Smi+1 on att capped Gekko

Raen Go
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-03-24 19:39:40  
Help

Now this depends on the GKT you're using.

If you're using Hagun,

1/1.975 * 0.01 = 0.506% increase in damage.

if you're using notHagun,

1/1.6625 * 0.01 = 0.602% increase in damage.

Both figures assuming Gorgets and double both for Darksday.

STR5 is fSTR + 1.25 (assuming not capped) and WSC +2~4. Without dealing with the math here, Smilo+1 is going to beat it except in extreme cases when they will be about equal (Darksday, fSTR capped, low WSC).
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-03-24 19:53:50  
Hmm @ Raen/Night

Assuming the new Double Attack GAxe from ToM is better than Perdu (say 45% proc like joytoy), Aesir or Foragers?
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2010-03-24 19:55:08  
Sorry forgot to post gear.

Yes to Hagun and Gorget

Elv 5/5 Str

WS gear = RSE ammo, orc hat, gorget, bush, brutal, osode, alky, triumph, rajas, warwolf, usu leg, rutter

On a single hit WS with /war does stacking DA have diminishing returns vs straight str?

Situations like /War(10) + pole(2) + brutal(5) + askar body(2) + new mantle(1) would be 20% DA rate.
Or 3% DA vs 10 str.

Another even more situational use would be during Sekkinoki and Meiyko(sp) with Hachiman Jinpachi +1.

I'm assuming the 3% DA from hachi would beat the 2 Str increase from orc helm (maybe wrong on that), but would stacking a full DA set here be helpful (with the xtra 3% from hachi head assuming that DA on ws doesn't suffer from diminishing returns)
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-24 20:07:04  
Quote:
Hmm @ Raen/Night Assuming the new Double Attack GAxe from ToM is better than Perdu (say 45% proc like joytoy), Aesir or Foragers?
If it procs like Joyeuse, the DA will overlap rather than stack. Thus, you're looking at a partial value with heavily reduced returns. Assuming 50% (the 45% number's been in question for a while, I like 50%), you're really only adding 0.5% DA on non-Darksdays. On top of that, you have 15% DA innately (57.5% before Aesir). 1.58/1.575=0.32%; if pDIF is uncapped Forager's will be better. On Darksday it's a 0.63% increase... pDIF would still have to be very high for Aesir to win.
 Phoenix.Jovant
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Jovant
By Phoenix.Jovant 2010-03-24 20:21:34  
for mnk att is always > then w/e (unless your acc is just *** & if u need a back item to cap your acc something is very wrong)
so charger > Cerberus+1 > Forager > amemet+1 > lolnqamemet > Aesir... (this is my opinion) but aesir is worth ***to a mnk i rather wear a nq amemet if i had too...
if u do this fight and your a mnk aesir ear item > then the back item.
str is NOT that much of an importance to a Mnk... *feels sad when a mnk is caught wearing a rajas ring* shame on you!
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-24 20:26:31  
Phoenix.Jovant said:
for mnk att is always > then w/e (unless your acc is just *** & if u need a back item to cap your acc something is very wrong)
so charger > Cerberus 1 > Forager > amemet 1 > lolnqamemet > Aesir... (this is my opinion) but aesir is worth ***to a mnk i rather wear a nq amemet if i had too...
str is NOT that much of an importance to a Mnk... *feels sad when a mnk is caught wearing a rajas ring* shame on you!
No. Charger's is terrible unless fSTR is capped. While that can happen on lolbirds and such weak mobs, you're out of your mind if you waste 150 coins on merit gear that may or may not even apply.

Also MNK can cap pDIF fairly easily during WS if the mob isn't too fierce thanks to Boost, at which point all that attack is doing jack ***for you and you'd be better off stacking mods.
 Shiva.Weewoo
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-03-24 20:28:12  
So many confusing formulas and terms I'm not 100% familiar with. I'll just let the smart guys do some parsing and see which is most practical ^^
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-03-24 20:28:49  
Phoenix.Jovant said:
so charger > Cerberus 1 > Forager > amemet 1 > lolnqamemet > Aesir... (this is my opinion) but aesir is worth ***to a mnk i rather wear a nq amemet if i had too...

I was always taught and follow

Haste> Acc> Atk> Str> Dex.

Of course depending on whether acc is capped atk might edge on top of it.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-03-24 20:31:32  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Jovant said:

For TPing, I couldn't agree more~ However, with the quoted post, Rajas is still great for h2h/1handers until you're able to get lava/whatever that other new ring is :X
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-03-24 20:35:28  
Shiva.Weewoo said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Jovant said:

For TPing, I couldn't agree more~ However, with the quoted post, Rajas is still great for h2h/1handers until you're able to get lava/whatever that other new ring is :X

Oh yes, don't get me wrong that's not set in stone at all.

My little rule is always bendable.

2 high stats on a ring for example is way way over something higher on the priority list. I normally change my gear around a lot and eyeball the damage tbh.

I just got a fenrir earring tonight, and I'm interested on how that'll be over my Diabolos.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2010-03-24 20:37:19  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Weewoo said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Jovant said:

Oh yes, don't get me wrong that's not set in stone at all.

My little rule is always bendable.

2 high stats on a ring for example is way way over something higher on the priority list. I normally change my gear around a lot and eyeball the damage tbh.

I just got a fenrir earring tonight, and I'm interested on how that'll be over my Diabolos.

The problem is, changes like diabolos / fenrir are going to be impossible to eyeball.
First Page 2