users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Trial #3
Trial #3
 Hades.Ferth
サーバ: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Ferth
By Hades.Ferth 2010-03-24 20:56:28  
Just wanted to see how many other people were stuck on trial #3 because of how frustratingly random this HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE NM is?

8 hours with no pop right now on Cerberus.
[+]
 Ifrit.Duanyu
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Duanyu
By Ifrit.Duanyu 2010-03-24 21:24:15  
only pops at night, sucks man sorry
[+]
 Siren.Talonn
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Talonn 2010-03-24 21:27:00  
You have to kill cerb for trial?
[+]
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2010-03-24 21:36:53  
Can't wait for Trial 6!

Defeat: La Velue (4x), Batallia Downs (S)

From wiki: Thought to have a respawn time between 12 and 24 hours.

Thanks SE for your great imagination skills, you really outdid yourself there! Let's have them kill the same annoying NM 4 times so they really get fed up then 600 plantoid-type creatures! They will love it!
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-24 21:53:43  
Siren.Talonn said:
Think he means on cerb... like the server
 Hades.Ferth
By Hades.Ferth 2010-03-24 21:54:24  
No i have to kill triple black stars, i'm on server cerberus... havent had a chance to resync my character to ffxiah yet.

@liquidz: I'm going the trial 12 route, after trial 4 i go straight to 10.
 Siren.Talonn
By Siren.Talonn 2010-03-24 21:58:29  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Siren.Talonn said:
oh... well he was talking NMs so ><

I had a hard time with NM first pop. serpop. Ishtar took 4 hours. Drooling Daisy took 3 hours and tottering toby took a good while too for the first pops. After that it wasn't bad at all.
 Hades.Ferth
By Hades.Ferth 2010-03-24 22:05:44  
Yeah, sorry. I should have specified...

I've killed this nm twice already, once after about 4 hours of camping last night and once this morning an hour after i logged in... but that kill was 9 hours go.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-24 22:11:27  
Siren.Talonn said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Siren.Talonn said:
oh... well he was talking NMs so >< I had a hard time with NM first pop. serpop. Ishtar took 4 hours. Drooling Daisy took 3 hours and tottering toby took a good while too for the first pops. After that it wasn't bad at all.
What like total or for each pop? Cause dang that isn't bad for 3 kills each. A friend is on like hour 5 for just his 3rd toby kill. The others were like 1-3 hours each
[+]
 Hades.Ferth
By Hades.Ferth 2010-03-25 01:42:39  
13 hours and it never respawned...

/vent
[+]
 Sylph.Sindri
サーバ: Sylph
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-03-25 01:53:31  
Hades.Ferth said:
13 hours and it never respawned...

/vent

/comfort You got epicly screwed over. Some people think it's a "Leave alive" spawn. It's also been speculated to be weather, and it's almost confirmed not to be lottery seeing as no one has had luck with that. Maybe this will shed some light on the subject.
[+]
 Alexander.Lunay
サーバ: Alexander
user: Lunay
By Alexander.Lunay 2010-03-25 02:05:03  
Wow and I thought I'm had it rough. Currently camping and at the 10th hour. Hopefully, I won't beat your record of 13..
 Sylph.Sindri
サーバ: Sylph
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-03-25 02:19:07  
Every other Trial of Magi NM is a lottery spawn. Take widescan and kill first and last PH in groups of Smilodon. Try that, maybe people just havent bothered with figuring this NM out? You never know.
 Alexander.Lunay
By Alexander.Lunay 2010-03-25 02:56:24  
Trial #3 is Black Triple Stars, no? That's the one I'm currently trying to spawn. I slowly invited people who came to camp this NM and it's now up to 11 members, so I don't think we are missing any PH. lol Ugh, this is frustrating! What's more irritating is this NM doesn't drop anything..

Edit: Well.... 22 hours straight no pop. WTH?
[+]
 Hades.Ferth
By Hades.Ferth 2010-03-25 19:20:01  
I feel your pain... apparently he spawned 3 times while i was sleeping and at work... now i've been back to camping him for 4 hours...
[+]
By Antonaki 2010-03-25 19:24:51  
Alexander.Lunay said:
Trial #3 is Black Triple Stars, no? That's the one I'm currently trying to spawn. I slowly invited people who came to camp this NM and it's now up to 11 members, so I don't think we are missing any PH. lol Ugh, this is frustrating! What's more irritating is this NM doesn't drop anything..

Edit: Well.... 22 hours straight no pop. WTH?

are you sure you were killing the right ones? the group i got in for this got 3 pops in 4 hours.

Also La veule (sp) 90 minute repops mostly. bugbear strongman was probably the worst had one spawn back to back then took 3 hours to repop.
 Hades.Ferth
By Hades.Ferth 2010-03-25 19:32:00  
We had about 8 people there... after 7 hours i left most of them to kill all the bats in the marked area and i ran around to all of the bats that spawn close but outside of the marked area... if we are missing the actual PH's they must have a damned good hiding place.
 Alexander.Lunay
By Alexander.Lunay 2010-03-25 20:56:59  
Okay, Black Triple Stars started to appear consistently every hour or so if we stuck to the middle ramp, where the NM spawns. I think by killing EVERY bat in the area, it somehow made the spawn longer. So, my tip would be to stick to the ramp level where the NM spawns and not others. Also, there was a bat who liked hiding at the dead end north of I-10, I believe. 3/3 doing Serra now and I'm all by myself. XD

90 minute La Vaule? Wow, that's a relief! I was preparing for the 12 to 24 hr spawn. lol
 Siren.Delirium
user: Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2010-03-25 21:00:01  
Black Triple Stars is rough. Stupid lottery spawn only between 1800-0600. First night i tried this trial i went 7 game nights with no pop. I'm just not looking forward to doing that trial again for my DMG38 dagger.

Serra is super easy since it doesnt really have a spawn requirement just 1-4 hour respawn
 Hades.Ferth
By Hades.Ferth 2010-03-26 00:43:27  
Weeeeeeeeee.

Finally done!
 Asura.Shamaya
サーバ: Asura
user: Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2010-03-26 03:18:45  
You were unlucky man. The Black Triple Stars actually popped twice in the same vana'diel night over here the other day >.>
 Seraph.Tragedy
サーバ: Seraph
By Seraph.Tragedy 2010-03-26 10:19:49  
When I camped it there were some streaks where we didn't get a pop so we made sure we killed all of the bats on the lower and upper tier as well. BTS seem to have two spawns (both in middle tier, one on north side and one on south)... I wouldn't be surprised if the PHs were actually on different tiers.

Then then again with these %^&*ing lottery NMs, it's probably just superstition getting the better of me. With 5~8 people camping most of the time though, killing bats on the other tiers at least gives you something to do ;)
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Vyenpakakapaka 2010-03-26 12:14:00  
Asura.Shamaya said:
You were unlucky man. The Black Triple Stars actually popped twice in the same vana'diel night over here the other day >.>

I was there! I was there! haha...

before that it went 4+ hours no spawn, then a spawn some VNMers took (*grumble*) then 6+ hours no spawn, then one. I went to bed, came back the next day and a lot o the same people where still there. Then twice in one Vana'night.

Black Stars suuuuucks. ><