Convergence Vs. Enchainment 5/5 Merits.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Convergence vs. Enchainment 5/5 Merits.
Convergence vs. Enchainment 5/5 Merits.
 Leviathan.Abriel
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Abriel
By Leviathan.Abriel 2010-05-11 01:07:27  
the real point to nuking as blu isn't really to do big dmg (you definitely want to deal decent dmg), it's mostly efficiency. if I remember right most worthwile nukes are on par or more efficient than blm's nukes to begin with, if you can utilize a enemies' affinity weakness they become even greater (though blm will still gain an upperhand if the enemy has an elemental weakness). all that said, neither hold a candle to sch's nuking efficiency when done right, lol.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2010-05-11 17:35:48  
Convergence nukes are really only for epeen; you won't gain that much DoT from it which is why I did 5/5 Assimilation 5/5 Enchainment. While I do nuke, overall I use physical spells much, much more often. Back when I was doing the merits I used SA Cannonball quite often.

I will say Convergence can pretty cool for Magic Hammer.
 Leviathan.Abriel
user: Abriel
By Leviathan.Abriel 2010-05-11 18:01:48  
to be fair, lv4/5 convergence can increase your DoT quite a bit, but it depends on how often you're nuking and how long the event is. over all, capped re-use on burst affinity would probably raise it more, but I'm not too sure how willing most would be to merit this.
 Remora.Brain
サーバ: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2010-05-12 00:45:44  
Ok, I nuke a lot on BLU. I Blastbomb/Regurgitation solo/duo some sky triggers, spells for friends, Apollyon runs, etc.

Convergence is nice for a little damage boost, but in all honesty, the recast is too *** long to really increase much. In all honesty, you'll use CA so much more than Convergence that if you did Physical and magical BLU in equal amounts, the TP bonus from Enchainment would add more over time.

The best use for Convergence is stacked with BA Magic Hammer.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-12 00:54:07  
Unless of course your physical blu mostly used disservement or vertical cleave with CA....
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-05-12 01:00:30  
Remora.Brain said:
The best use for Convergence is stacked with BA Magic Hammer.
 Remora.Brain
By Remora.Brain 2010-05-12 01:13:21  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Unless of course your physical blu mostly used disservement or vertical cleave with CA....

Vertical Cleave benefits from Enchainment, especially without SA. Disseverment also slightly benefits on larger things. To be honest though, you shouldn't use CA with Disseverment unless you're just going for distortion or to close a darkness, unless your 100tp and CA line up without too much tp spill. Especially now with antea, you should be spamming Vorpals as soon as you hit 100tp in melee situations.

Frenetic Rip benefits a good bit from CA, and is my preferred CA partner.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-05-18 03:37:08  
On the note of Convergence:

IIRC, Memento Mori, 2/5 Convergence, Burst Affinity were all used here. I got extremely lucky on the MB. Just goes to show how Convergence can really add to your your nukes.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-18 04:01:22  
Remora.Brain said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Vertical Cleave benefits from Enchainment, especially without SA. Disseverment also slightly benefits on larger things. To be honest though, you shouldn't use CA with Disseverment unless you're just going for distortion or to close a darkness, unless your 100tp and CA line up without too much tp spill. Especially now with antea, you should be spamming Vorpals as soon as you hit 100tp in melee situations.

Frenetic Rip benefits a good bit from CA, and is my preferred CA partner.
It's not as huge as you'd think.

Also CA double stat mods so I'd use it even with skill chaining on disservement. Especially in situations where I find myself not getting tp all so fast. Like when I go off and do some crowd control and such. And improving a big spell a little can be better than helping a small spell a bit more.

Let's say from 50-100% tp is about 14% increase in dmg on Frip. Which don't get me wrong is nice. But not sure that would be worth first fully meritting and then doing that over disservement. And even then only once ever 2 min.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-05-23 16:23:02  
I had 5/5 assimilation, 3/5 enchainment and 1/5 for diffusion and convergence. Waiting on update before I fully decide, I might just go 4/5 convergence depending on what I see.
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2010-05-23 17:17:19  
i went:
4/5 convergence
1/5 diffusion
5/5 assimilation

Personally i cant see enchainment getting enough use as /nin i rarely CA anything except disservment. I don't /thf often enough now let alone back when i did my merits, buffing up convergence seemed best route. So depends which you do more i would say /thf lots? enchanment /nin more ? convergence nuking blu? convergence

Diffusion gets overlooked i think, as even with the gay recast its nice to have that extra buff on hand for w/e the situation (aoe amplificiation, T roar, or even a refuling if ur the only magefor a UFO)

tl:dr depends what you do more on blu~
By Almostunsane 2010-05-23 18:04:14  
Now I'm nowhere near ready to consider BLU merits, if I even get it to 75 (mine's 44 right now), but I'm curious here.

Say a BLU has 5/5 Enchainment. If they were to use WS -> CA <spell> for a self-skillchain, would that 50% TP add any extra damage (or effect, whatever), or would it be pointless unless it buffed the TP the BLU already had to a new tier of 100% (Meaning pretty much only useful when used with 50~99%, 150~199%, or 250~299%, so to speak)?
 Remora.Brain
By Remora.Brain 2010-05-23 18:06:03  
Every tp adds to the effect of TP on the WS/CA Spell.
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2010-05-23 18:16:32  
should be any tp added buffing the spell to its own effect..so tp affects acc like disservment tp will only buff acc and cannonball is tp affects dmg (better used on ws like this i think) and so on.

I do wonder tho, has tp under 100% ever been tested?
 Asura.Kowen
サーバ: Asura
user: Kowen
By Asura.Kowen 2010-05-23 18:18:55  
edit: Did you mean with Enchainment merits? It should boost the effect of TP even with 0%.
 Asura.Akamatzu
サーバ: Asura
user: Akamatzu
By Asura.Akamatzu 2010-06-03 07:50:58  
I never /thf on blu at all. I'm 99% the time on /nin or /mnk if I use breaths, which is a rare case as is.

I'm going with so far:

Physical Potency 5/5 (getting it)
Maigcal Accuracy 5/5

1:40 sec recast on Chain Affinity doesn't seem "that" big. 1:10 if you count duration of Chain Affinity.

Diffusion 1/1 (have it)
Assimilation 5/5 (getting it)

now as I say I don't /thf, I really never equip Cannonball, since I use Disseverment/Savage Blade or Vertical Cleave/Expiacion.

Now if Enchainment would help my solo sc in "anyway", I would get. but the 200+ on Convergence is nice
 Caitsith.Katas
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Katas
By Caitsith.Katas 2010-06-03 08:00:57  
Merits are dependant on what you do in game. Example: End game LS for many NMs use SATACA cannonball or SATACA Verticle. Dragons among others use mindblast and eyes on me along with Regurgitation. Others enjoy the healing side or melee with the top3 spell spam. No wrong way to play the job if you excel in the many wings of blu. You can always change your merits via blu burn which is fast if you have good blus so no worries. If you get bored grab gear and set spells and try another setup before remeriting, or become good at all wings of blu. GL
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-03 08:03:15  
I still say wait till you see what spells come out since pretty much all of merits are dependent on what spells you use lol.

Anyways I wish I knew blus that burned
 Caitsith.Katas
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Katas
By Caitsith.Katas 2010-06-03 08:05:00  
Agreed on waiting for new update but im sure it will be an equal split among the sides of blu, so if you still want to merit i dont think you will have much to fear, they balance the options well. Also Dasva if you ever hit caitsith, you are always welcome in any blu burns.