users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Dragonmaw
Dragonmaw
 Fairy.Haxorking
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Haxorking
By Fairy.Haxorking 2010-04-22 19:03:59  

I'm curious how often the Occ. atk. twice procs. Anyone complete this yet to confirm?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-22 19:11:59  
Ask Shaddia, I merited w/ him the other day

If i spelled your name wrong, pick a less confusing one!
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-22 19:12:12  
He parsed pretty decently vs my sam w/ it, haxor.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-04-22 19:17:14  
Pretty sure their results turned up ~40% (40% was within confidence interval), same as the other Magian weps. Doesn't proc on Barrage or WS.
 Fairy.Haxorking
By Fairy.Haxorking 2010-04-22 19:22:43  
Confirmed to be 40%
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-22 19:29:21  
Sounds pretty nice Similar dmg as a HF and hell most your dmg coming from bullets anyways with only slightly higher delay.
 Fairy.Haxorking
By Fairy.Haxorking 2010-04-22 23:54:54  
Dragonmaw 4-Hit TP setup /sam
4-Hit tp is insane with the 40% attacks twice on dragonmaw, the only issue is that you have to wear all the STP gear for weaponskills.

Dragonmaw 5-Hit TP setup /sam
Some items can be exchanged for more acc/atk. For a 5hit /war or /nin you'd simply replace the weapon and pants with mekki shakki and skadi chausses.

Dragonmaw 5-Hit WS setup /sam
Some items can be exchanged for more acc/atk ect. Again, for /war or /nin use mekki and skadi.

Damage wise, Dragonmaw falls just behind Hellfire+1 but it has a 40% occ. Atk. twice which is almost ridiculous.

Although I've yet to do any serious math on it, this could very well beat out kclub. It will certainly crush HF+1 and Ebow at any rate. The large advantage this has over a kclub setup is that you're using a gun to TP, and you're really not sacrificing any Racc anywhere, so you can use it on pretty much anything.
 Sylph.Shadida
By Sylph.Shadida 2010-04-23 01:06:49  
Here are my setups with it:

TP:

WS:

Barrage: (not focused on 5-hit, just use my normal barrage set so ignore main/ranged)

As stated above, it's 40-45%, not quite sure yet since I haven't done any huge sample sets (find me bullets on the cheap and I'll do it lol)

Actually the big advantages over KC+HF+1 are:
1) You can use Velocity Shot full time
2) Despite RNG accuracy bonuses, capping acc with a club is just plain hard to do even with sushi
3) As you said, your TP gain is accompanied by crushing amounts of damage.

Drawbacks:
1) Not affected by Haste/Marches/Haste gear.
2) No auto-ranged means you have to be smart about timing your attack
3) Any melee will engage a mob and hit it before you are able to shoot, since you have to wait first before dealing damage.

All in all though I couldn't be happier with it. Go here to see some detailed discussions about it: http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90728&page=40