users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Bismarck » Nyzul Isle Investigation Virgin
Nyzul Isle Investigation Virgin
 Bismarck.Awezomeos
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Awezomeos
By Bismarck.Awezomeos 2010-04-23 08:08:48  
I recently got my PUP to 75 and now i need the Inferno Claws really bad. The problem is i never did a nyzul run before, an di only have THF and PUP 75.So i need all your help, and tips i can get.
So i look for people to start with me on floor 1, or people that just help me get the drop.I would also apreciate any tips on how to do a nyzul run. Also i would love some tips on how to get the Inferno Clawes.
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2010-04-23 08:19:17  
Well, I don't know how hard it is to get any runs going on your server, but even boss shouts can get scarce on Ragnarok sometimes. Here are some things to consider. If you don't clear any floors, but still get inferno claws, your going to be spending forever unlocking the new ws. So it is best to start climbing the tower and hope the infernos drop. PUP is unfortunately frowned upon by many people for many things so you won't get much love there. However, people do like THF, especially for boss runs.

Your most likely going to have to do some old fashioned shouting to get the floors cleared. If you start finding some decent people write them down or add them to your buddy list and ask if they would like to form a climbing set. If you get a set together make the run 2-3 times a week where you guys could burn 3-4 tags at a time. Also ask around, there may be some nuts who are going after mythic weapons and need 150 nyzul tokens and are very willing to go on any run that can net them some tokens.
 Bismarck.Awezomeos
By Bismarck.Awezomeos 2010-04-23 08:25:04  
What about the runic disk? If i get someone to warp me on a high floor, is it recorded as i climbed it ?
 Sylph.Ranok
サーバ: Sylph
user: Ranok
By Sylph.Ranok 2010-04-23 08:28:06  
Also, the boss on floor 100 automatically drops the leaders weapon. So if you climb that high, just ask friends to help you get your weapon and lead as pup. You'll want to climb as high as you are able anyway to unlock your nyzul weapon skill faster.

If your on floor 0 it will require 16000 weapon skills with your nyzul weapon to unlock the weapon skill. Floor 50 requires 2720 weapon skills, and Floor 100 only requires 250!

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Unlocking_a_Myth_%28Puppetmaster%29
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-04-23 08:32:19  
Bismarck.Awezomeos said:
What about the runic disk? If i get someone to warp me on a high floor, is it recorded as i climbed it ?
no

You actually have to climb that high and record every 5 floors to get it recorded.

Meaning, if you are recorded at floor 5, and you start on floor 11, your disk won't record up to floor 15 if you clear it.
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-04-23 08:32:31  
Bismarck.Awezomeos said:
No, you must do it in order. You don't personally have to take the group up, but you can't just skip around. You must climb 1-5, 6-10, 11-15, etc.

Nyzul requires communication to win often times. My best advice is to listen to group members who have done it before. Before you enter, name who will be calling out lamp order if you get it. Nyzul is rather fun imo.

Oh and always ALWAYS bring sneak/invis tools/items/spells. They are a must.
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2010-04-23 08:32:57  
Bismarck.Awezomeos said:

No you literally need to start from floor 1. If you do nyzul floors 96-100 first you don't automatically get runic key and are able to do any floor at your will. They need to be done in order.
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2010-04-23 08:40:07  
Also have fun, if people start getting frustrated and yelling all it does is slow things down further. And at potentially throwing a bomb into this thread, im going to say make sure most dd's (besides sam and thf) come /sam. Being "safe" is one thing if you have all day, but you only have 30 minutes. As a WHM I prefer this. Much rather have a fight with some cure 5's or curagas thrown in but quick fights then a floor of constant erases, paralynas, blindga's, etc b/c the fights take forever.

General set up for runs is whm, brd,cor, or rdm, 3 dd's, and a thf. RDM/DRK can be invalubale on floor 80 and 100 if you get cerb.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-04-23 08:43:14  
My question is kinda nyzul related, i've done a few as sam/nin, would sam/dnc be acceptable or no?

I need to start doing runs and gathering up my weapons for drg, sam, mnk...

and getting some askar maybe.
 Hades.Tripster
サーバ: Hades
user: Lisamarie
By Hades.Tripster 2010-04-23 08:51:33  
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Nyzul_Isle_Investigation

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Gaea%27s_Nyzul_Isle_Guide

All you need to do is read this 2 guides. And then practice, cause you'll only figure it out when you do it.

Hades.Tripster
By Hades.Tripster 2010-04-23 08:54:03  
Leviathan.Catnipthief said:
My question is kinda nyzul related, i've done a few as sam/nin, would sam/dnc be acceptable or no?

While sam/dnc is somewhat acceptable, I wouldn't recommend it . Since you're a SAM you're in for DD, taking as less damage possible - not healing yourself. So yes, /NIN ftw.

I've done Nyzul with a DRK/SAM before who Souleater right at the beggining of the fight on an 100 floor boss. No need to say mages got hate and died right at the start, followed by all the DDs.
 Bahamut.Satanas
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2010-04-23 08:58:40  
Hades.Tripster said:

While sam/dnc is somewhat acceptable, I wouldn't recommend it . Since you're a SAM you're in for DD, taking as less damage possible - not healing yourself. So yes, /NIN ftw.

I've done Nyzul with a DRK/SAM before who Souleater right at the beggining of the fight on an 100 floor boss. No need to say mages got hate and died right at the start, followed by all the DDs.

lol i've done the same, but i mean thats why you always get fanatics on boss runs. Also Fyy, sam/dnc is useful in many ways, but your there to kill mobs as fast as possible not to heal, if for some reason you think your party needs help with healing and theres something wrong with the set up lol. In my opinion anyways :)
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-04-23 08:59:31  
Hades.Tripster said:

Eww lol.

Good so I'll stick with sam/nin.

Might try for a run or two today depening on shouts and how good a wifi signal I can get at this hotel i'm going to x.x
 Bismarck.Awezomeos
By Bismarck.Awezomeos 2010-04-23 08:59:53  
how hard is it to beat the floors in time?
Will this work?
PUP/SCH-WHM/ with WHM automaton for heal?
PUP/NIN-WAR with DD automaton for damage?
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-04-23 09:00:06  
Bahamut.Satanas said:
Hades.Tripster said:

lol i've done the same, but i mean thats why you always get fanatics on boss runs. Also Fyy, sam/dnc is useful in many ways, but your there to kill mobs as fast as possible not to heal, if for some reason you think your party needs help with healing and theres something wrong with the set up lol. In my opinion anyways :)

Good to hear~
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-04-23 09:05:57  
Bismarck.Awezomeos said:
Will this work?
pup/nin with DD automaton should be the way to go.
 Valefor.Argettio
サーバ: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-04-23 09:22:40  
My advice is find 5 good friends and set up a static, climb 1-2 times a week and you will at 100 within a month or two.

I would say it would be a better idea to go on THF, even on the climbing floors as THF will probably be a better DD than PUP and certainly will have a better chance of getting an invite into a shout group.

Nyzul is very easy when you go with capable people, my static only failed to clear 5 floors once in the time it took to get to 100, that’s not a boast, that’s an indication of what a good group can do.

Do your research; understand the different objectives (eg Specified Enemy and Specific Enemies are very different) and be clever. Everyone take Oil/Powders (even mages) and in a new group DD/NIN is also a good idea (although once your group is good enough you can sub whatever you want).

Personally I liked RDM x2 and DD x4 this allows you to split up into 2 teams of 3 on some floors and should mean you have more than enough healing (1 RDM focus on debuff/buff the other cures) and having 2 mages is great for slime floors.

Everyone needs to communicate, let people know where you are going when you spread out to search the floor, remember the way back to the rune etc.
 Hades.Tripster
By Hades.Tripster 2010-04-23 09:26:01  
Bismarck.Awezomeos said:
Will this work?

I have no clue on how PUP works, but lemme say this:

You have more chances in getting a party as THF.
 Sylph.Sindri
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-04-23 09:46:43  
Hades.Tripster said:
Bismarck.Awezomeos said:
Will this work?

I have no clue on how PUP works, but lemme say this:

You have more chances in getting a party as THF.
 Sylph.Sindri
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-04-23 09:47:36  
Do you research. If you get order lamps and don't know how they work, it can be hell. It's not hard to learn about Nyzul, spend an hour staring at wiki.
 Bismarck.Stephano
user: Stephano
By Bismarck.Stephano 2010-04-23 11:44:19  
Hades.Tripster said:

Actually, SAM/DNC with soboro sukehiro + drain samba II has a rather high damage over time output, and it'll help your party keep their HP up as well. Since some floors don't have mobs with high enough HP to warrant wasting a weapon skill, this is sometimes good. You could save weapon skills for mobs with more HP.

I really wouldn't recommend it on any floor past 40 to be honest though, the boss NM's 60+ will kill you easily without shadows. Also I noticed there is a tendency to be a LOT more magic casting mobs from 40ish and up.

With that said, understand it's still not the best sub for Nyzul, just something to consider. I'm almost fully merited and I know anything I do pulls hate, (especially with enmity+ merits) and it's important for me to be /nin so I can survive extended periods of time on tough mobs without spamming heals.

Sylph.Sindri said:
Do you research. If you get order lamps and don't know how they work, it can be hell. It's not hard to learn about Nyzul, spend an hour staring at wiki.

This can't be said enough. After numerous runs that were great, got to the last floor with 10 minutes remaining, and I saw the horrific "Activate all lamps" objective. For ordered lamps, we spent the whole 10 minutes making the same mistakes over and over again because ONE person didn't understand them. It only takes *one* person to mess up the whole order and take unnecessary time.
 Bismarck.Khiinroye
user: Khiinroye
By Bismarck.Khiinroye 2010-04-23 15:33:53  
Sylph.Sindri said:

This is true. Once you know how to do order lamps, they're one of the fastest floors.