Ranger And Zerg Situations.(Ein Too I Guess)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Ranger and Zerg Situations.(Ein too I guess)
Ranger and Zerg Situations.(Ein too I guess)
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-05-04 17:20:47  
A few questions.
Okay For Einherjar(Not Odin) I personally love SAM sub but should I be subbing WAR mainly for the bosses? Bosses are mainly zerged.
Or would /SAM make me destroy things over all?

The other thing is I picked up a Culverin+1 the other day (400k well spent). I was wondering how does a Ranger's damage hold up in a zerg with Soul Voice Mineuts? Compared to say maybe a Mkris Dark knight. What can I expect in terms of damage per WS/Barrage?

Assuming you start with TP
Slug Shot, Barrage, Eagle Eye Shot, Slug Shot, Icarus Wing-> Slugshot
Is there another way to maximize your payload or is that about it?

/SAM you would be Missing Berserk but you could easily get another Slugshot in there with meditate, eagle eye shot and your initial TP from just WSing

Any oppinions on how to maximize this?

Gilgamesh.Kamara
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Kamara
By Gilgamesh.Kamara 2010-05-04 22:53:06  
Generally speaking

A /war zerg from 100tp is: WS > barrage > WS > Wing > WS > EES.. (takes 20-30 seconds)

(If you gear /sam properly for a 4/5hit build, for both bow OR gun respectivly)

A /sam zerg from 100tp is: WS > Barrage > WS > EES > Meditate > WS > Wing > WS.. (takes 30-40seconds)

Assuming perfect buffs and enfeebles on both zerg's - it is all down to the mobs defense. The higher the defense (and evasion in certian cases), the more appealing /war is. (Due to the /sam zerg relying on more racc and WSacc than /war to fully achieve..)

Ultimatly: the best way to maximise your damage is to get used to what your fighting - and gear/buff accordingly.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadida
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadida 2010-05-05 01:06:29  
First off, damn you and your 400k Culverin +1. Still 1M on my server.

Secondly I actually like SAM sub for zerging a lot of things, especially if you know you're gonna have SV+Minuets and a Chaos Roll, and double especially if you'll have Angon. You can hit pDIF cap pretty easily on most things (DL included) and a lot of the R.atk from Berserk goes to waste. Having that extra weapon skill is very nice. /SAM also ensures you get 100 TP after Meditate and EES, provided you landed the Slug before it.

I usually /WAR for Bahamut v2 though - just seems to work out better. That fight is usually short enough that you don't get to run through all your stuff. DL and KV can be too depending on what other DDs you have, but in my case they can take long enough to run through most of the cycle.

I'm always SAM in Ein tho. :3
 Bismarck.Aryden
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Aryden
By Bismarck.Aryden 2010-05-05 03:46:01  
i've been using /sam for everything. Having "grown up" in the old days of /nin being the craze, and then /war, i can say i much much prefer /sam overall. In zergs, i can unload, still have some defense to rely on, and even in einharjar, i'll occasionally pull hate in the final 10% on odin. I'll say this though, the extra ws's from store tp and meditate will mean nothing if your accuracy isnt there, so make sure youre packing enough to make those ws's count.
 Bismarck.Fabiano
サーバ: Bismarck
user: fabiano
By Bismarck.Fabiano 2010-05-05 04:01:28  
/sam also gives more tp from an icarus wing ....
 Valefor.Argettio
サーバ: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-05-05 04:24:38  
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
A few questions. Okay For Einherjar(Not Odin) I personally love SAM sub but should I be subbing WAR mainly for the bosses?... I was wondering how does a Ranger's damage hold up in a zerg with Soul Voice Mineuts? Compared to say maybe a Mkris Dark knight.

You should have capped attack from SV minuets, Dia III, Angon etc so /SAM would probably be best as it should allow for more WS in a short period.

As for the order of things, I will leave that up to the RNGs out there.

As for how you would compare, probably quite well. The last thing I parsed with a good RNG was Dynamis-Valk and against a DRK/DRG with mkris and the RNG was around 20-25% behind the DRK (which isn’t bad). I am not sure exactly what the RNG did, or was subbing, but he was the top DD behind the 4 DRKs and 1 of the SAMs