Fishing Skill ?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Fishing » Fishing Skill ?
Fishing Skill ?
 Leviathan.Dubont
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-11 15:10:43  
Does Fishing Skill have a direct impact on bite rates or are all of the fish with cap 60+ just really stubborn?
 Midgardsormr.Mikania
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Mikania
By Midgardsormr.Mikania 2010-05-11 15:26:24  
I don't think fishing skill has anything to do with bite rate. The moon phase seems to nerf the catch more if anything. Higher level fish don't bite 99% of the time as moat carps do. Those pesky level 120+ fish, I'm lucky to get 5-10/hr >.<;
 Sylph.Ashaaman
サーバ: Sylph
user: Ashaaman
By Sylph.Ashaaman 2010-05-11 15:32:13  
I wouldn't say all fish 60+ are stubborn, skill doesn't really effect much at all... It aids in reeling fish in some, and gives you access to better GP items. But all in all, I've never noticed it help much. Bite rate is semi-dependent on moon phase, but I'm a skeptic, and just believe that fishing is like all the other crafts out there, it's random at times. Sometimes you'll catch 200 fish in 2-3 hours, other times, 5-6. All in how you look at it.
By Alaik 2010-05-11 15:37:56  
It does, grab a logger with timestamp and fish on your main then fish on a mule with 30 or more skill beneath your main, it's actually staggering. Until I went balls to the wall for another Lu Shang's I never noticed it, but once I capped 200 carp with 70+ fishing in a couple of hours, then had all of my other mules take no less than 6 with <12 skill... Yeah, it matters. We probably don't really notice it due to the fact it skills up so slowly we have plenty of time to ease into it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mikania
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Mikania 2010-05-11 15:47:26  
Sylph.Ashaaman said:
...Bite rate is semi-dependent on moon phase, but I'm a skeptic, and just believe that fishing is like all the other crafts out there, it's random at times...
I thought there was an update that actually, said "bite rate would be affected by moon phase," but poking through the update list on playonline.com didn't yield anything...
hmm....
 Garuda.Aurilius
サーバ: Garuda
user: Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2010-05-11 15:52:36  
It does, and the moon phase does indeed effect the bite rate as well. As someone who has 100 fishing on two characters, I've done lots of testing with this.

The 40-60% moon phase is absolutely atrocious, and it seems they might have actually made it worse in the last couple months.
 Sylph.Ashaaman
サーバ: Sylph
user: Ashaaman
By Sylph.Ashaaman 2010-05-11 15:57:47  
Ah, well, even if it is confirmed... I've never really ever stopped to look at the clock and/or tried to fit my fishing schedule around the moon. I just fish when I'm bored or want to make some money...
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-11 16:27:12  
Alaik said:
It does, grab a logger with timestamp and fish on your main then fish on a mule with 30 or more skill beneath your main, it's actually staggering. Until I went balls to the wall for another Lu Shang's I never noticed it, but once I capped 200 carp with 70 fishing in a couple of hours, then had all of my other mules take no less than 6 with <12 skill... Yeah, it matters. We probably don't really notice it due to the fact it skills up so slowly we have plenty of time to ease into it.
I've never taken more than 3 hours on my mules with only 10 skill. Ever. And I've fished up 3 lu shangs. The 2nd 2 being done mostly by mules since there was no difference
 Midgardsormr.Mikania
サーバ: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Mikania 2010-05-11 16:31:52  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
...I've fished up 3 lu shangs...
Damn fished up 3 lu. I didn't even have the patients to fish up 1 lu. I turned in 700 carps then quit!

(few years later)

Now fishing 100 and ebisu. I still have no desire to finish that lu.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-11 16:35:50  
hmm I just thought skill may have something to do with it b/c on full moon, Black Sole (which cap at 96) won't bite for ***but Nebimonites (which cap at 27) can give me 16.667 stacks in under 2 hours...I don't get it lol
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-11 16:42:48  
I actually quit shortly after fishing up the first one. Didn't really know the ins and outs of fishing then so it took most my attention and even then ended up realing in almost everything.

A couple years later read kida's guide and really learned how to fish and started skilling up again until I realized I needed lu shangs back. Since some lvl 60 were being harder to catch at 50 without it then they were at 30 with it.

Then go for ebisus with no WW and got bored warping out to rabao every time my rod broke (which semi often happened on first fish) losing the enchantment on ring so I finished up a 3rd one.

Wasn't doing much at the time so making bait for 2 characters and transferring it over and moat carping to fatigue on both and skilling up to fatigue while doing some events was doable. Mostly only cause of how fast moat are. Especially on new/full moon when you can hit 100% bite rate. While around half moon you get more like 60-70%ish

As far as skill I haven't noticed much on skilling up. There is the whole being able to reel in easier... but rods play a much bigger role in that. Most fisherman wont notice since they don't fish like that but it will have a small effect on line/rod snapping. Which I was working on since I was fishing up something that even with ebisus would snap my line like 66% of the time. If I managed to actually get it to bite and then actually reel it in that is
By Jeville 2010-05-11 22:26:38  
I bothered to fish to 30 for Inside the Belly quest. Got it to 63 I believe it is, thanks to marlins in the process. No desire to 100, if I'm going for cooking I'll go for the Lu Shang's and the skill is of no priority.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-05-11 22:32:34  
i'm pretty sure there's a correlation between skill and bite rate, at least if your fishing skill is much lower than the fish you are trying to reel in

for example, having two characters fishing with the exact same wait and reel in times on black sole, my characters with 0-20 fishing skill would catch less than half the black sole as my 90-100 characters in the same time period

once they get 50-60ish fishing skill though, the difference in black sole caught between them and a 90-100 character is quite small

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-12 01:14:17  
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
i'm pretty sure there's a correlation between skill and bite rate, at least if your fishing skill is much lower than the fish you are trying to reel in

for example, having two characters fishing with the exact same wait and reel in times on black sole, my characters with 0-20 fishing skill would catch less than half the black sole as my 90-100 characters in the same time period

once they get 50-60ish fishing skill though, the difference in black sole caught between them and a 90-100 character is quite small
see I think this is whats happening. After 5 hours of straight fishing, I only brought in 70 black sole at skill 54 yet at 54 in 2 hours I would have brought in 200 nebs so this is why I think this...glad to see I'm not the only crazy one.
Garuda.Mabrook said:
After a long *** time of skill ups then a longer time to get ebisu I can say fishing sucks *** lol. Although I can say 200-300k per day from fishing is a nice add to the profits lol. Even though I could make more from *** angel skin farming but it's nice to have blue cap lawl.
yea 200-300k a day + w/e else I get is a great way to end a day. Wake up in the morning, see a little over 500k in your deliv box = happy *** Dubont
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-12 01:24:17  
Different fish have vastly different bite rates and difficulty being pulled in regardless of lvl.

For example trumpet shells. Lvl 63 fish. At lvl 104 with ebisu's my bite rate is about 10-20% depending on moonphase and luck and such.

Now back from 60ish all the way to the cap on them I was doing Mercanbilgi (86) and ahtapots (90). My bite rate on them all the way up and now is/was 25-40% on each fish and that was with using bait that both could bite on so a combine bite rate of awesome. When I switched to ptyrogus or whatever it's called had pretty much same bite rate but was only pulling them up.

Moat carp is the only fish I've ever come close to getting 100% bite rate for too. Regardless of lvls.

I could also get into location and such but think I made my point

Long story short you can't really use different fish to prove this lvl difference theory.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2010-05-12 01:26:11  
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

what about catching monsters? cause i mean for all those manta fishers...lesser skill = more monsters bite? i would like to know this :P haha
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-05-12 03:18:39  
Leviathan.Dubont said:
see I think this is whats happening. After 5 hours of straight fishing, I only brought in 70 black sole at skill 54 yet at 54 in 2 hours I would have brought in 200 nebs so this is why I think this...glad to see I'm not the only crazy one.

don't get me wrong, black sole are just extremely slow, even @ 104 skill. you gotta leave ***on for 12-16 hours to get 200 fish. dil in tulacca cove are a bit faster.
[+]
 Unicorn.Rilu
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Rilu
By Unicorn.Rilu 2010-05-12 10:27:50  
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
don't get me wrong, black sole are just extremely slow, even @ 104 skill. you gotta leave ***on for 12-16 hours to get 200 fish. dil in tulacca cove are a bit faster.

I agree - Dil in Tulacca cove tend to have a better bite rate for me than Sole do. Generally for every 2 stacks of mercs I get in Tulacca Cove, I get 1 stack of Dil. I NPC the mercs and craft the Dil into sole Sushi and sell it that way. Also, you get more gil (if NPC them) per cast in Tulacca cove, with Ahtapot and Merc being the other 2 things that shrimp lure can get, other than Dil. With shrimp lure going for sole, you can get like 3-4 other fish that don't net anything really.

Oh, i'm at 80 skill btw, if that means anything - since the thread was about fishing skill and bite rate.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-12 10:40:23  
Unicorn.Rilu said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:

I agree - Dil in Tulacca cove tend to have a better bite rate for me than Sole do. Generally for every 2 stacks of mercs I get in Tulacca Cove, I get 1 stack of Dil. I NPC the mercs and craft the Dil into sole Sushi and sell it that way. Also, you get more gil (if NPC them) per cast in Tulacca cove, with Ahtapot and Merc being the other 2 things that shrimp lure can get, other than Dil. With shrimp lure going for sole, you can get like 3-4 other fish that don't net anything really.

Oh, i'm at 80 skill btw, if that means anything - since the thread was about fishing skill and bite rate.
hmm I may go and try for them then.
 Garuda.Aurilius
サーバ: Garuda
user: Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2010-05-12 10:44:09  
That is the case, but you will still see a huge drop off in bite rates during the 40-60% moon phase.

And I do mean huge. Next time you're running your fishbots, pay attention to the numbers. Run it for the phase of 40-60% and then run it at any other time and you'll see the difference. Full and New moons being the best.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-05-12 18:04:31  
Garuda.Aurilius said:
That is the case, but you will still see a huge drop off in bite rates during the 40-60% moon phase.

And I do mean huge. Next time you're running your fishbots, pay attention to the numbers. Run it for the phase of 40-60% and then run it at any other time and you'll see the difference. Full and New moons being the best.

yes, i definitely agree, moon phase has a huge impact. i was just answering the question directly as a yes/no, but i probably should have qualified my statement with that
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-13 07:01:05  
Unless you are fishing in Rabao then moonphase is the other way around
 Unicorn.Rilu
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Rilu
By Unicorn.Rilu 2010-05-13 10:04:42  
Never notice moonphase, tbh - i've never used a fish bot (I don't even use windower, only the built in approved one) so my fishing is all manual (I play on PC). I rarely fish to daily capacity either, generally I will fish for an hour or two a day, if that - depends on my play schedule and if my sushi supply is running low. I hardly notice a drop off in bite rate - I will go to Talacca Cove with 30+ inventory slots, and after about 1.5 - 2 hours i'll be full of fish (3-4 stacks of mercs, 1-2 stacks of dil, rest ahtapots). I also use a penguin and albatross ring while fishing, so my sessions are usually broken up into 20 minute segments, that go with my ring enchantments.
 Diabolos.Vendrak
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Vendrak
By Diabolos.Vendrak 2010-05-20 06:48:55  
Well I've tried out fishing for the past couple months, and have found that when my fishing skill exceeded the level of the fish I was targeting that I received massively fewer junk items and seemed to catch something worthwhile at least every other time when fishing without fatigue.

When first fishing for the day you're getting something every catch, then fatigue starts coming after a few dozen fish and you get crap constantly or nothing biting at all.

I imagine if you're fishing for a long period of time you're clearing through your breezy period quickly and getting into the crap biting period that will last long enough to leave a lasting impression on you.
 Ragnarok.Albender
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Albender
By Ragnarok.Albender 2010-05-20 07:29:44  
100 fisherman here so I know what I am talking about lol.

Moon phase DOES affect bite rate.
As someone said, huge impact actually.