Merit Choice Abilities?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Merit Choice Abilities?
Merit Choice Abilities?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Asura.Karbuncle
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-05-13 18:32:27  
Quote:
and you are wrong again. Tamas has more use than just lol1inv. Enmity- actually does help when ur a BLM or a WHM. MP+ (even though it isn't much) is a given. Inb4itsonly30mp. I have been in many situations where 30mp has won battles/saved lives. So no, Tamas is not just used for 1 more inv space. I bet you are one of those that gears only for haste on DD's without looking into anything else aren't you? Hi guys! I have 25% haste by my attack is only 120!! =D -.-

And i bet you're one of those idiots who carries around 1 absolute gearset of mix-matched *** because it saves you INVENTORY SPACE so you can collect all the Dark Crystal to fund a Relic!

No, and again, all you're doing is taking one thing i said
Quote:
you shouldn't need the -3 Enmity on tamas ring

and twisting into trying to play me off as saying enmity is useless as a whole.

Secondly, yes, Tamas is just one inv space saver, and i call *** on you saying you've been in a situation where you've had 30MP Save your life. the only thing 30MP can do important is Cure II, Flash, or Stun as the jobs you listed, and since i severely doubt you have ONLY 30 MP when you needed to cast any of those above spells you're just pulling things out of your *** to try and support your feeble argument as you continually lose ground.

So i'll say it again.

If you have even 1 DD job you are serious about gearing properly at level 75, and you don't own a Rajas ring because you got a Tamas, you should stop what you're doing, drop the Tamas, and get your Rajas Ring.

The Benefits of Rajas ring to just 1 any melee job outweighs the benefits of Tamas, or lack there-of, to your Mage jobs.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-13 18:34:12  
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
I think the last time I was actually in a merit party was like 2006, lol.

Do I need the enmity of Tamas, not neccesarily no. Can I still do more dmg while still getting less hate on stuff like Tiamat because people think Enmity does nothing? You bet! And like I said, I still do lvl cap stuff a lot and I'm always mage. It's a good solid ring there and there's very little -enmity at lower lvls.

And just because, INT MND at the same time = Regurgitation!
Blu sucks though, and even then, it should have a Rajas ring.
 Seraph.Rafik
サーバ: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-05-13 18:34:57  
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Seraph.Rafik said:
All I am saying is.

Person A has dd jobs and merits.
Person B has mage jobs and merits.
Person C has both.

Will person C beat person A and B?
No, they will not.
why does it have to be a competition though? OH ***you can do 2 more dmg than me big *** woop. People that turn this game into a competition (aka breaking the game down into a giant mathematical equation) take the fun out of it. Its a god damn game people.

Person A has DD jobs with rajas
Person B has mage jobs with tamas
Person C has both with tamas

Is Person C wrong/gimp? No, he just doesn't have a little extra Store TP and Subtle blow which, believe it or not, is not a game breaker -.-

Did I say anyone was gimp? rajas=6hit for most dd jobs.
 Caitsith.Alriath
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Alriath
By Caitsith.Alriath 2010-05-13 18:35:44  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
I think the last time I was actually in a merit party was like 2006, lol.

Do I need the enmity of Tamas, not neccesarily no. Can I still do more dmg while still getting less hate on stuff like Tiamat because people think Enmity does nothing? You bet! And like I said, I still do lvl cap stuff a lot and I'm always mage. It's a good solid ring there and there's very little -enmity at lower lvls.

And just because, INT MND at the same time = Regurgitation!
Blu sucks though, and even then, it should have a Rajas ring.

Balrahns + omega ring yo.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-13 18:36:52  
I look at it this way. You don't have a Rajas? I hope you love your mage jobs to death, because you won't be coming melee to anything, ever.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-05-13 18:38:27  
I'd personally say Rajas is slightly less unique than it used to be. Certainly it's the only STP ring slot but since adding more STP stuff to the game, it's possible to get x hit builds even without rajas, you just sacrifice some other slots instead. Is it still worse, almost definitely yes, but it's not as make or break as it used to be. Rose strap in particular really opened up a lot of options.

And about the enmity thing, I think I misread your you never need an Enmity ring as you never need Enmity. Either that or I was replying to someone else, lol. I am actually trying to get work done so I'm having trouble keeping up on this thread.
[+]
 Caitsith.Alriath
By Caitsith.Alriath 2010-05-13 18:38:55  
Seraph.Rafik said:
Caitsith.Alriath said:
Seraph.Rafik said:
All I am saying is.

Person A has dd jobs and merits.
Person B has mage jobs and merits.
Person C has both.

Will person C beat person A and B?
No, they will not.

So apparently having a DD job that is meritted means you'll beat another player if he has a DD job AND mage jobs meritted?

Damn no clue how I'm outparsing people when I have 5/5INT merits.

You would need the exact same gear on said DD and said mage to get beat by 5/5STR 5/5INT, and using the exact same food.

You havent been reading what I was posting above, prior to this.

I read what you said I just didn't care because Tamas is ***, if you're serious about mages you will have INT merits(BLM and RDM mostly) there just isn't any reason to not have a rajas unless you never melee anything ever in this game.
 Leviathan.Dubont
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-13 18:39:33  
@ Karbuncle: you are wrong on every account. I actually have different gear sets and on blm I only have about 5 free inventory space and yes. Tell me any situation where 30 MP is NOT needed? More Mp = more spells. Sitting at 0 MP and ur tank dies with mob at 1% you will think hmm maybe that 30 MP could have saved him from dying.

The benefits of Rajas do not outweigh those of a Tamas and visa versa. Both are used by different jobs. Again, if I have all the mage jobs at 75 and 1 melee job (that isn't used for events), I would be stupid to get the Rajas over Tamas. Store Tp =/= game breaker. Sorry it doesn't. Also, neither does haste...been seeing that a lot lately too...eh
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-05-13 18:40:42  
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
I'd personally say Rajas is slightly less unique than it used to be. Certainly it's the only STP ring slot but since adding more STP stuff to the game, it's possible to get x hit builds even without rajas, you just sacrifice some other slots instead. Is it still worse, almost definitely yes, but it's not as make or break as it used to be. Rose strap in particular really opened up a lot of options.

And about the enmity thing, I think I misread your you never need an Enmity ring as you never need Enmity. Either that or I was replying to someone else, lol. I am actually trying to get work done so I'm having trouble keeping up on this thread.

I'm actually using this conversation as a time burner inbetween Helldiver windows for my magian Trials >.>!
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-13 18:41:42  
30 mp only benefits your first spell((s) depending on much refresh is pumping), after that your max mp means nothing when you're at 80%, 90%, 20%, 50% , ect mp, in which case.

Even so, if the 30 mp is THAT vital to someone dying or not, then why not do your first cast in a mp+50 ring?

Edit: Haste is pretty game breaker. Especially if you're talking about all forms of haste and not just the spell "haste" in particular i.e. marches, hasso, gear, ect.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-13 18:44:38  
If Store TP+ is so vital, why not just TP in nothing but Store TP?

Edit: obviously you shouldn't do this, but I'm just trying to make a point
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-05-13 18:45:31  
Quote:
@ Karbuncle: you are wrong on every account. I actually have different gear sets and on blm I only have about 5 free inventory space and yes. Tell me any situation where 30 MP is NOT needed? More Mp = more spells. Sitting at 0 MP and ur tank dies with mob at 1% you will think hmm maybe that 30 MP could have saved him from dying.

The benefits of Rajas do not outweigh those of a Tamas and visa versa. Both are used by different jobs. Again, if I have all the mage jobs at 75 and 1 melee job (that isn't used for events), I would be stupid to get the Rajas over Tamas. Store Tp =/= game breaker. Sorry it doesn't. Also, neither does haste...been seeing that a lot lately too...eh

Again with the twisting my words eh?

I said its important because it allows several jobs to maintain a X-hit build without sacrificing more important slots, not that Store TP is game breaking.

And you know what? Helldiver's window is open and i've had my fill of trying to convince you anyone serious about Melee jobs should own a Rajas Ring.

And just incase maybe you have an epiphany, or decide to use your brain, i distincly remember saying

"Rajas ring benefits your melee jobs in more ways than Tamas Ring would benefit your mage job"

and thus this:
Quote:
The benefits of Rajas do not outweigh those of a Tamas and visa versa. Both are used by different jobs.

is a useless statement, because i never argued rajas was good for a Mage job or that Tamas was good for a Melee.

Edit: Now don't get me wrong, I'm still going to read this thread cause its amusing =) so please continue to reply!

Gotta do something inbetween the 5 minute windows on PH

Edit2: Also wtf is up with the /quote system? Half-works half-not works.

edit3: IMAD lul
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-13 18:46:26  
Leviathan.Dubont said:
If Store TP is so vital, why not just TP in nothing but Store TP?

Because that's doing it wrong. You aim for the lowest x-hit possible while maintaining a high level of haste.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-13 18:50:46  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:

Because that's doing it wrong. You aim for the lowest x-hit possible while maintaining a high level of haste.
and whats wrong with having as much int as possible while still having a decent amount of MP? Idk about you, but I don't like being able to do 4k dmg from a nuke then having to rest for 20 mins before I can do it again >.>
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-05-13 18:53:39  
Well thats where refresh would come into play, and/or Sublimation. Its really more about maintaining your MP and nuking/healing at a steady pace to control your VE (since you know, the only way to lose CE is to get hammered) at the same time healing is a vital part to your job which is why HMP Sets are useful too (Because of cutting down on healing time).
 Caitsith.Alriath
By Caitsith.Alriath 2010-05-13 18:53:59  
I don't even know wtf you're talking about now, get a better HMP set?

Edit: blah Karbuncle beat me.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-13 18:59:59  
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:

and whats wrong with having as much int as possible while still having a decent amount of MP? Idk about you, but I don't like being able to do 4k dmg from a nuke then having to rest for 20 mins before I can do it again >.>
I already answered this. Max mp is only good for 1 shot per cycle of full mp.

You're not trying to compare that to having haste that applies to every swing while having stp that applies to every swing, are you?

once your max mp is expended that 30mp on the ring is doing nothing for you, unless you're at 100% w/ refresh on that could be giving you more, and if yo uare, you're in no danger of running out of mp.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2010-05-13 19:02:33  
End of the day, if MP is an issue your soloing/low manning stuff otherwise you should be having ballad or resting. Really only useful if you mismanage your MP a bit in which case you can sleep the mob or you are kiting (unless there is another thing mages do solo lol)

If enmity is an issue you've poor judgement or not making use of grav/bind or your tank sucks.

If you never use a DD job then the point of rajas vs tamas is pointless. If you go sam to any form of endgame w/o rajas and sacrficing haste to build a 6-hit elsewhere it just doesn't make sense really for the minimal gain in enmity reduction and small mp boost that serves you in solo where you mismanage your mp a bit.
[+]
By Akihiko 2010-05-13 19:08:41  
Cerberus.Azumii said:
Yo. I just wanted to know what abilities and recasts would be best on SAM. I've got all the main abilities (Shikikoyo, Blade Bash, Ikishoten & Overwhelm) none of them capped yet. I haven't merited any recasts in Group 1 yet. I've capped GK and Critical Hit Rate. I'm going to cap STR and PA skill last if possible because it takes the longest /sigh.

I heard most SAM's cap Overwhelm? Which is cool and i wanna know all your expertise opinions please. Thank you!

Cap Overwhelm and Store TP since you're done with skill (can do Polearm if you want) and start working on a 6 hit, then do crit and str last. I personally vouch for 1 Shiki, put the rest wherever you want. Meditate vs. 3Eye is debatable, I like the mileage from Meditate 5/5 but can see how 3E would be a good choice depending on what you like to do on SAM outside of merits and stuff. I personally don't know any sams with 5/5 3E so I can't give any anecdotal reasoning for having it.
[+]
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-05-13 19:13:44  
So finished tinkering with my excel spreadsheet, comparing varying acc's with iki vs 95% acc with no iki. 7% DA on both. Just analyzing TP gain for now because I like to do them seperately and you can apply it to the situation as you will just because I don't truthfully trust the whole 30/70 split thing that much. Also, most of my situations are /thf anyways which REALLY skews the TP/WS percentage.

95% - Iki ahead by 1.53%
91~90.5% - Point at which the two are essentially equal
85% - Non-iki ahead by 1.92%
78% - Non-iki ahead by 4.46%

So yeah, just looking at it, I'm tempted to say that using meat vs sushi (once again, most of the mobs I use sam on aren't very pizza friendly) might still go to meat at 78%. Really depends on the mob though.

Anyways, feel free to ignore me if you feel like it, going back to work. If you really care and wanna look at the forumlas I'm using I can post/pm/whatever.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-13 19:20:09  
Quote:
I'm tempted to say that using meat vs sushi
That math means nothing then, if you're comparing meat to sushi. I was comparing meat to pizza, not meat to sushi. Maybe in the past 7 pages, someone was arguing sushi, but that wasn't me.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-05-13 19:24:00  
And in every instance I've said why pizza isn't viable for the situations I'm in. You seem to have missed or glossed over that part repeatedly.

It's probably still pretty competitive against pizza but the detailed analysis of it would really require more info and pinpointing certain mobs.

Edit: Also, you've brought up sushi more than once so while you like your pizza you still mentioned sushi repeatedly.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-13 19:44:22  
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
And in every instance I've said why pizza isn't viable for the situations I'm in. You seem to have missed or glossed over that part repeatedly.

It's probably still pretty competitive against pizza but the detailed analysis of it would really require more info and pinpointing certain mobs.

Edit: Also, you've brought up sushi more than once so while you like your pizza you still mentioned sushi repeatedly.
Actually, you're the one who mentioned sushi. I just commented on it. I believe you brought it up when it came to birds when you said meat/sushi was more viable than pizza. Then, I followed up w/ sushi for birds (polearm) and pizza pretty much everywhere else.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-05-13 19:52:35  
Mmmm, looked back through the thread, I replied to someone who talked about pizza/sushi and I reference it as pizza/sushi.

You on the other hand,
Quote:
Wearing ace's and usu feet for your meat build? Swap to turban and fuma w/ sushi, still keep capped acc and gain 2% haste.

But seriously this is getting us nowhere, meat should still be competitive against pizza in the conditions above. The above calculations are without any food at all so if 5 str and 20~30 atk can give you at least 4.5% all around dmg or so, meat will win, even at 78% acc.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-13 19:57:49  
Typo'd, prolly cause you already had me on the subject of sushi. I meant pizza though and yea, if you're under buffed under supported, hit your exact number, you may have a point, any other time, go w/ pizza.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-05-13 20:02:24  
Exact number being 78%? If I'm lower than that I really do have problems, lol. Anything higher than that would only help meat more.

I have nothing against pizza, I use it all the time on other jobs, sam just has a lot of little things that make it treated a little differently.

Edit: And seriously man, there was a 7 hr gap where sushi wasn't mentioned at all, and I never brought it up before that, stop blaming me, lol.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-13 20:06:17  
Idk if you were talking about it w/ someone else, but when it came to me and you, you were the first of the two of us to bring it up.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-05-13 20:17:28  
Bleah, I said crab, no wonder sushi wasn't getting picked up by find.

But anyways, just out of curiosity, do you actually agree with me or are you still pretty much just lolzanshin and are agreeing with me to get rid of me? It's ok if you are, I just know there's no point in talking with you any more if that's the case.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-13 20:21:53  
I'm not agreeing w/ you lol. I said I agree under the conditions you are underbuffed. Properly buffed, that 20-30 attack won't be doing a damn thing then you have 5 str vs capped acc and some zanshin tp, in which case, pizza is still going to win. (even if you wanted to keep iki merited and do pizza w/ iki it'd still beat meat w/ iki)
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-05-13 20:28:24  
Mmm, but if you're properly buffed, why not just eat sole sushi? You're implying that atk essentially has no value in that situation so capping acc + str would be better than capping acc w/o str. And if you need the pizza to cap atk, there's the possiblity you're not capping it even with pizza. Against high lvl stuff, it's pretty hard to find the exact point where you're actually atk capped so there's still the possibility of the meat being beneficial.

I dunno, you make it sound like I'm anti pizza or something. All I'm saying is Iki has a place. There's some playstyle/usage biases to which cat 2's you get, but it's not automatically lol to have Iki. And if you do have Iki, the choices you make on certain things can change.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8