users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » RDM Merits
RDM Merits
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-08-06 06:22:54  
Okay, that makes more sense. Basically, I have two different sets for most of my debuffs, one is a full on potency set, while the other is full skill/macc. For Slow II, I'm casting in 68(/blm)+76 MND, which includes Mythic Wand +1 and Muse Tariqah. If it's something I know I can't land that on, or am having trouble landing it on, I'll switch to the skill/macc set.

But then when I saw the formula on wiki, it suggested that I could go full skill/macc and still have cap out potency. So I guess I was right, too good to be true lol.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-08-06 06:27:06  
Odin.Blazza said:
Okay, that makes more sense. Basically, I have two different sets for most of my debuffs, one is a full on potency set, while the other is full skill/macc. For Slow II, I'm casting in 68(/blm)+76 MND, which includes Mythic Wand +1 and Muse Tariqah. If it's something I know I can't land that on, or am having trouble landing it on, I'll switch to the skill/macc set.

But then when I saw the formula on wiki, it suggested that I could go full skill/macc and still have cap out potency. So I guess I was right, too good to be true lol.

Lol yeah, so just keep on doing what you'r doing xD
 Valefor.Argettio
サーバ: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-08-06 06:33:47  
Most mobs around DC-T will have similar MND to you, therefore you need approximately +75MND in gear to cap potency.

For higher VT-IT mobs, NMs or HNMs you will have a more MND that you, therefore you need more from gear to make up the difference.

Due to the very short recast of slow/para (I or II), it is worth casting 2-3 times with your potency set before considering your m.acc set; this will only take 10-20 seconds and there is a chance you could stick a very potent slow on the mob.

Obviously if you're tank is struggling and won't survive 10-20 seconds against an un-slowed/para'ed mob then it would probably best if you used your m.acc set as soon as slow/para wears to prevent any deaths.

One option is to cast Slow I in m.acc gear (to ensure the mob is at least a little slowed) and then overwrite it with Slow II and your potency gear afterwards. Like using Sleep I and Sleep II to keep a mob slept for extended periods of time.
[+]
 Cerberus.Eugene
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2010-08-08 13:57:05  
if soloing/duoing

5/5 ice 5/5 vert

5/5 bio then w/e you want in slow and para.