Charybdis lulz on Fenrir
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Fenrir.Luarania
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-05-19 06:58:43  
**Warning** Wall of Sperated Text inbound

To anyone that didn't follow Drams' thread, Nightfyre and I decided to try and duo as PLD/NIN and BLM/SCH just for laughs. Well we get down there and kill PHs and whatnot for like 2 hours, finally come 10:45 I have to say no more and that I need my sleep, but we still want to try it so I stay on to get a ToD. I turn of my TV and get ready for bed.

Now I finish up and get ready to lay down and spy the clock, it's 11 on the dot. So I figure, eh why not check and see. Low and behold it had popped, and an LS I know that isn't very good was at 4 people and going at it.

Not in any mood to watch a 20+ battle unfold and already having a rough ToD I am just about to turn off my TV when someone dies. I stop, watch some more, another dies. It's about here that all hell breaks loose and people start to scatter (and we both learn Yawn can sleep it).

Skipping 5 minutes ahead, for whatever reason everyone in the room thats there teams up, so there are now like 8 people wailing on this thing, and from what I recall, BLU RDM RDM SMN SAM WHM THF THF. Yes I'm dead serious to.

Anyhow, even with all these people and jobs, they still screw it up, no one but a single THF had an evasion set, aside from maybe the SAM that was tping in full Askar.. anyhow yeah, as you can imagine I sat and watched 30 minutes of this thing killing a few of them 5+ times, yes I'm dead serious on that too, 5+ times for at least 4-5 people.

I won't name names or the LS that sucked to protect the not to bright, honestly I do have to give them props for pulling off something way with their normal 'just keep throwing people at it' thing, and congrats to whoever got that sword~

tl:dr Morons who don't know what to do tried to do Charybdis and it raped 10 people many many many times for massive lulz in a 30 minute time frame.

Oh and P.S. it's Failadin you Failurai, get it right next time.

Troll On!
[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-05-19 07:43:21  
I actually already have it, so no go on that, though if it had gone yellow I probably would have attempted it.

Actually they did nearly get a total wipe near 5%, the one good THF had unweakened and tanked it again but everyone else was dead or weakened / to frightened to attack lol
 Titan.Radatz
サーバ: Titan
user: Radatz
By Titan.Radatz 2010-05-19 07:57:57  
why did they have a sam even hitting it!? o.O
its just gonna feed it tp. only reason to take any heavy DD is to /war and voke it for claim then sit back as the nin takes 2 weeks to kill it. or thf.and mages to keep them alive.
[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-05-19 08:04:52  
I dunno, but the SAM was geared enough they could have tanked it if need be for like a minute. I believe they came in near 25% and I know they 2 houred to finish the last 3.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-19 08:06:40  
I didn't think Chary was even that hard to kill. Is it more difficult than I imagine or were these just noobs among noobs?
[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-05-19 08:12:03  
I'd say more of noobs in a lighter sense, they mostly just fail at information gathering and how to use gear effectivly, their biggest issue is that it's not just a few people it's nearly their whole LS.
[+]
 Titan.Radatz
By Titan.Radatz 2010-05-19 08:12:20  
its an easy fight unless you have heavy dd feeding it TP. i have tanked him several times on Thf. it gets scary if you have heavy DD feeding him tp though. he starts to spam WS.
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-05-19 08:30:10  
Hah, when we got Boli's, it was just us two till 55-60% as PLD and DNC /NINs swaping it off, then Abrupt came down as PUP/WHM I think and started to put some DD numbers on it while we kept it busy.

Charybdis isn't hard unless you make it hard, all it requires is time, patience, lots of shihei if your tanking it, and the will to see the job done.
Titan.Radatz said:
its an easy fight unless you have heavy dd feeding it TP. i have tanked him several times on Thf. it gets scary if you have heavy DD feeding him tp though. he starts to spam WS.
I'll half agree to this. We got it to like 30% with a good pt built up and an ele link, was like 2 PLDs, a BRD a RDM, and Abrupt came down to get the ele off our backs as MNK/NIN, ended up 2 houring the ele, then burning the rest off on Charybdis and tanking it with no evasion gear, and I think took the kill with an Asuran Fists.

Honestly the only TP move I fear is Cross Attack, more so if he uses it after a 6+ barrage, you're chances of dying are high.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-05-19 08:40:27  
I've been trying months and I've honestly had no luck getting claim (Its windows during events or early AM) I could judge the ToD sometime around your post or maybe not..

The people who were there would probably camp again and fail it up some more.
 Asura.Leilar
サーバ: Asura
user: Leilar
By Asura.Leilar 2010-05-19 08:42:39  
I had the same lolz watching an alliance camping Kreutzet after i took the last pop of them and soloed (Rdm/Nin). so nxt window they get claim with there 16 ppl or so and just kill it., with half of there mems dieing
[+]
 Titan.Radatz
By Titan.Radatz 2010-05-19 08:42:51  
i dont consider that heavy DD tho aside from the mnk who was only there at the end. and /nin you get subtle blow. which helped. but when you have samurai and drks, drgs, wars, trying to fight it gets out of hand.
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-05-19 08:44:29  
Touche, forgot the subtle blow. MNK gets it as well if I recall.

edit for Skar: We might try it again tonight depending on what happens, Night wants to get things started up but we are unsure of a few members. I dunno if it'd be charged, we are mostly doing this to screw around and do something stupid, though we did talk that if we got it just the two of us we'd probably merc it off.

and ToD is loose, I actually lost it so I'm shooting in the dark myself now.
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-05-19 08:45:46  
I always find it funny when people throw abunch of tp feeding DD on a nm and then die shortly after.
[+]
 Odin.Trelan
サーバ: Odin
user: trelan
By Odin.Trelan 2010-05-19 08:51:06  
Yeah, gotta watch those extra TP'rs on manta NM. DD's are for killing PH's.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-05-19 09:04:43  
Fenrir.Luarania said:
Touche, forgot the subtle blow. MNK gets it as well if I recall.

edit for Skar: We might try it again tonight depending on what happens, Night wants to get things started up but we are unsure of a few members. I dunno if it'd be charged, we are mostly doing this to screw around and do something stupid, though we did talk that if we got it just the two of us we'd probably merc it off.

and ToD is loose, I actually lost it so I'm shooting in the dark myself now.

Well if you need a COR or anything for Evasion rolls let me know. Though Im not sure how much you'd want if you we're willing to merc it off. I sorta have other plans with my wallet atm. But if the price is right sure. But I really cant justify too much for COR Weapon. :/

(Gotta take 65 MNK->75 MNK and buy all my gear again) :(
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-05-19 09:08:23  
I usually see people sellin for a mil, so if anything that or less depending on what Night wants to do, we are just pissing around with it for the most part so at the very least payment would be after it's dead and the swords in the pool.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-05-19 09:12:57  
I feel bad but Im gonna have to pass. That would more or less cover my MNK gear. but hey Good luck to ya guys and hope you have some fun.
 Shiva.Khimaira
サーバ: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-05-19 09:14:05  
Fenrir.Luarania said:
I usually see people sellin for a mil, so if anything that or less depending on what Night wants to do, we are just pissing around with it for the most part so at the very least payment would be after it's dead and the swords in the pool.

It goes for about 2m right now on our server, and theres like 50 people in line for 1.5. That's just for the ToD mind you, its actually pretty sad how people are so willing to sit in white gate instead of camping an NM themselves (and saving a buttload of gil)
 Shiva.Khimaira
サーバ: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-05-19 09:17:31  
Titan.Radatz said:

But those are the funnest Charby fights!
 Titan.Radatz
By Titan.Radatz 2010-05-19 09:20:48  
Theyre only funny if you're watching from the sidelines XD
when you're the Thf tanking its not as funny as you would think.
[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-05-19 09:21:55  
Shiva.Khimaira said:
It goes for about 2m right now on our server, and theres like 50 people in line for 1.5. That's just for the ToD mind you, its actually pretty sad how people are so willing to sit in white gate instead of camping an NM themselves (and saving a buttload of gil)
Christ 1.5m just for the ToD? Thats not sad thats utterly pathetic.

Alright Skar, but talk to Night he may think differently.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-05-19 09:24:22  
Fenrir.Luarania said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Christ 1.5m just for the ToD? Thats not sad thats utterly pathetic.

Whats even sadder is when a WAR pays that much and wants to full time Dual Weild instead of spending 200k on a Berserker's Axe or augmenting a Grauberg S one XD

PLD/COR/DNC I sorta understand though.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-05-19 09:48:28  
idk i think its hilarious when the ppl that outclaim u dont understand the NM and decide throwing bodies at it is the best way to kill it, wipe, and then u thank them for knocking 40% of its hp off XD

taken it down 20+ times as NIN/DNC, BRD or COR and RDM

want to eva tank it as THF sometime now that i got that up to 75
 Fenrir.Dramanue
user: Dramanue
By Fenrir.Dramanue 2010-05-19 09:56:56  
Coolies, my name got mentioned in another thread.

/em feels special. <3

Either way, as the number of people fighting any particular monster rises, so does the difficulty of keeping everyone alive. It's odd. I remember soloing monsters then turning around and duoing it with others; this usually lead to more problems than anything else. The main issue comes with the healers keeping track of all the healing and the monster's hate jumping all over the place. I'd imagine this effect doubles when we're talking about an NM since NM's usually have a blast resetting hate counters.

I've heard of full alliances being wiped to Charybdis, while a single or two people can take it down with some time.

Either way, my gf said that supposedly I can try and get my sword today if I wanted, but even then, I'm not too sure if I should try for it. I'd love to get to know those people that commented on my other thread (I'm not even going to venture to link to it, those who know how to find it will do well to find it for themselves if they wish to have their own set of lulz in my expense T_T).
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-05-19 10:05:14  
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/?topic_id=10223 Done cause I could care less and was some fun stuff near the end. Seriously though I don't know if it's even popped yet, SSG has been the same since I left..
[+]
By Dragonimi 2010-05-19 17:03:00  
Heya,

So Luarania got the jobs right and the critique wrong.

The original group was RDM RDM THF THF BLU. Then I offered my assistance as SMN and a few ZNM shell members, SAM and WHM, looking for ToD showed up and offered help. No random team up really, just some assistance and a bit of time to figure out the alliance setup really.

Now its not that we didn't know what was happening or all hell was breaking lose, its just that more people makes for a more chaotic fight especially on Charby. Not having evasion buffs and a few lucky TP moves when our THF tank's shadows were down was what caused the problem. So hate went screwy and we had to improvise. I assume we did rather well considering we didn't lose it completely. Sloppy yes, but an unskilled kill, never. We just had a few mishaps, and compensated. Most of the "running everywhere" was Bind/gravity and cures that were difficult based on terrain and line of sight.

As for the personal attack of "failadin" that was a single person at the end, and had nothing to do with the social linkshells that were helping a friend. So when you make a rather one sided judgment of players based on you being angry at someone else, you really don't do the actual circumstances or behaviors justice.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-19 17:07:17  
Solution: stop having so many people DD. And yes, it was an unskilled kill even if Luarania was exaggerating (which I doubt), I got the play-by-play while the kill was in progress. That many deaths to Charybdis of all things is *** terrible. Also, throwing bodies at something =/= compensating.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5