Rice Ball Sams Any Left?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Rice Ball Sams any left?
Rice Ball Sams any left?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-20 23:34:11  
Phoenix.Darki said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Katoke said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
eh w/e
MAATS CAP FTW.
Keep telling yourself that.

Speaking of which ....

lol

he just mad he can't get.
Oh yes, I'm so jealous over a piece I'd use for none of my jobs! you got me
Yeah looked through your jobs, you have 75 drg but 25 whm and 10rdm.
you don't solo on drg? :/ damn that blows.
I solo on mnk mainly. Drg is pretty much a merit job for me. Sometimes if it's something I can't solo on mnk I may go *** w/ it on pup or dnc, but that is rare (but even if I needed drg, I'd just use /blu since I already have it)
 Sylph.Kozuki
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kozuki 2010-05-20 23:34:12  
I love saber dance + 11 fighters roll. 100% DA go!
 Sylph.Kimble
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-05-20 23:36:31  
So, lets say im on SAM/WAR, and I dont need the +1 STP from Brutal, would I be better off using something else or no because there isnt a earring that will preform better than brutal?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-20 23:39:40  
Sylph.Kimble said:
So, lets say im on SAM/WAR, and I dont need the 1 STP from Brutal, would I be better off using something else or no because there isnt a earring that will preform better than brutal?
Brutal w/ /war, pole grip is 17% DA

Still a 4.4% increase you're not gonna get that from any other earring (other than wyvern, which should be paired w/ it if you're /drg).

So yea, brutal

Just sayin you'd get less from it than if you had no DA, which would be a 5% increase
 Sylph.Kimble
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-05-20 23:42:21  
Well, I understand that at higher percents you aren't the same values, but I don't quiet grasp why some people make it sound like you should rarely use DA.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-20 23:46:54  
Simply put, there's often nothing better to put in the slot.

The two primary sources of DA in gear currently are Brutal Earring and Pole Grip. Pole Grip v Sword Strap v Rose Strap is very situational, but Pole usually wins because either Sword breaks your x-hit/forces bad swaps/sidegrades due to the job in question or Rose is unnecessary for your x-hit. Brutal Earring is much less situational; the DA has to be severely devalued for it to be undesirable. This really only occurs when you get into using non-Jailer multihit weapons. On anything that can hit 3 or more times Brutal is a poor choice of earring, and if you have an acc+4 earring in that slot (Hollow for instance) that earring will be better than Brutal in any uncapped hitrate situation (provided you fully benefit from the accuracy) using a non-Jailer OAT weapon.

EDIT: Why you should rarely use DA? I'm not sure. Things like Ares Flanchard/WAR AF2 legs vs Homam/Byakko's are pretty straightforward, but other than obvious cases like that and the less obvious Aesir vs Forager's (Aesir only wins in high pDIF/capped fSTR situations), I'm not sure why it would be rarely used aside from scarcity.
[+]
 Valefor.Argettio
サーバ: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-05-21 03:17:39  
The very approximate order of things for gaining TP:

Haste > Accuracy > DA
(haste and accuracy can be swapped depending on hit rate and amount of haste you have, but for ‘normal’ situations its that order)

Rice balls not give any haste or accuracy, even worse to get the most out of rice balls you have to give up haste (and sometime accuracy) to get the DA and attack.

As tiger said, if your haste is low enough and your accuracy is good (ie soloing EM or lower or campaign) then rice balls will can beat other foods, but as soon as you need accuracy or getting haste buffs you are better off reverting to ‘normal’ a meat/pizza/sushi build.

Rice balls could potentially be worth it if they add enough gear to reduce the haste loss to a minimum (or add more rice ball gear in non-haste slots). As DA is the only way to increase TP gain once you have haste and accuracy covered (see: Apoc DRK aftermath builds).

As for the usefulness of DA, as Nightfyre said, there aren’t many places where DA goes, but brutal and pole are both the best in their respective slots most of the time.

Askar body and Ares legs is the notable places where you can get DA that people often advice against, but that’s because you are dropping a significant amount of accuracy from a hauby/e.body/n.mail or 3-5% haste from homam/byakko/Barbrose.

And no matter what you think about haste giving constant or increasing returns, 3-5% haste is better than 2% DA.